How Long Does It Take To Form an LLC in Florida? (Guide)
If you're looking to start a Florida business, you'll need to know how long it takes to form an LLC.
As a business consultant for limited liability companies, I gained over a decade of practice helping clients with LLC formation.
In collaboration with LLC specialists in Florida, we gained insights into the time it takes to form an LLC in this state. Read on and find out the details in this article.
- It takes 5-7 business days to form an LLC in Florida if you applied by mail and 1-2 business days if filed online.
- The state of Florida does not offer expedited processing.
- The processing time to form an LLC in Florida will depend on the filing method you opted for.
- Based on experience, online filing is faster and more convenient.
What is The Fastest Way to Start an LLC in Florida?
The fastest way to start an LLC in Florida is by filing online since your formation documents are processed within 1-2 business days.
To apply online, visit the Division of Corporations’ Sunbiz website – the official e-filing system offered by the state. Simply fill in the details and pay the corresponding fee of $125 to officially file for an LLC .
LLC Processing Times in Florida
The time it takes the state of Florida to review and enter your LLC filing into its system is referred to as LLC processing time.
The turnaround time will depend on how you file your paperwork.
1. Expedited Florida LLC Processing Time
There is no expedited Florida LLC process because documents filed online are approved much quicker.
2. Non-Expedited Florida LLC Processing Time By Mail (5-7 business days)
Approval of postal filings for Florida LLCs takes 3-4 weeks. This period includes the processing period of 5-7 business days and the time your documents are in the mail at the indicated mailing address.
3. Florida LLC Processing Time Online (1-2 business days)
It takes 1-2 business days for online filing approvals for Florida LLCs. There is no additional transit time because you can download your documents as soon as they are accepted.
Factors Influencing The Formation Timeline Of Florida LLCs
The processing time may be prolonged due to the following reasons:
- Filing method: The processing time is primarily influenced by the filing method you opted for. Mail application has a longer approval time than online submissions.
- Workload volume: A heavy volume of applications can prolong the processing time since the state reviews and approves documents in the order they are received. In my experience, it’s better to avoid filing during busy seasons (end or beginning of the year) to make the process quicker.
- Weekends and holidays: Since the Secretary of State only conducts business during regular office hours, your LLC formation papers will be processed the next business day.
- How To Dissolve An LLC In Florida
- How to Add a New Member to a Florida LLC
- How to Change the Name of an LLC in Florida
- Top LLC Formation Services in Florida
Where Can I Check the Status of My Florida LLC Formation During the Processing Period?
You can check the status of your Florida LLC formation during the processing period by contacting the Department of State at 850-245-6000.
Can a Registered Agent Expedite the Process of Forming an LLC in Florida?
A registered agent cannot expedite the process of forming an LLC in Florida since the Department of State determines the processing period.