Hiring an Ohio LLC formation service can save you lots of effort when forming a limited liability company in this state.
These companies are familiar with every step of forming an Ohio LLC and can easily walk you through each step.
To save you valuable time to put into your business, we have researched and studied top-rated LLC formation services in Ohio based on cost, convenience, and features.
Read on to find out the best Ohio LLC services you can hire.
The 7 Best Ohio LLC Formation Services (February 2023)
1 - ZenBusiness (Editor's Choice)
ZenBusiness is a top choice for LLC formation services in Ohio. With over 200,000 businesses formed since its inception, this company has a wealth of experience and expertise in forming an LLC.
The ZenBusiness LLC formation service simplifies and reduces the cost of the formation process. In our personal experience, creating an Ohio LLC with ZenBusiness is quick, easy, and inexpensive.
Our experience with ZenBusiness was incredibly positive throughout the 12 months we worked together.
Setting up our Ohio LLC was efficient, with all the steps being clearly outlined and easy to follow.
We could quickly and easily obtain all the necessary documents and licenses to keep our business up and running.
Overall, we can attest that ZenBusiness provides a straightforward and hassle-free process for setting up an Ohio LLC business.
- Starter LLC Formation Package ($49 Plus State Fees): Includes LLC formation services, LLC filing, quick filing speed, a cloud document dashboard, both phone and email support, and free accounting consultation.
- Pro LLC Formation Package ($199 Plus State Fees): The Pro Plan includes everything in the Starter Plan plus an advertising consultant, an operating agreement for the advertising consultant, annual compliance, and rush filing.
- Premium LLC Formation Package( $299 Plus State Fees): The Premium Plan includes everything in the Stater and Pro Plan plus a personalized business website, business email, business domain, and their fastest filing speed.
- Various LLC formation service packages available
- Reasonable prices
- Worry-Free compliance
- Positive feedback from real customers
- Quick business formation service process
- Low brand presence
2 - Northwest Registered Agent Service
Northwest Registered Agent has built a reputation since 1998 for being a transparent company.
Northwest shines because of its unparalleled customer service and expertly qualified staff.
Our team of professionals had the pleasure of using Northwest Registered Services for 4 weeks. During this time, we were highly impressed with the customer service and support we received.
We also appreciated the strong emphasis they placed on our privacy and security.
We recommend Northwest Registered Agent for its commitment to providing a positive professional experience to its clients and earning the trust of many businesses over the years.
- Basic LLC Formation Package ($29 plus State Fees): Includes an LLC in Ohio, an LLC operating agreement, a membership certificate, and a free registered agent for a year.
- VIP LLC Formation Package ($100 plus State Fees): The VIP service includes the basic plan plus same-day filing, a corporate guide, privacy by default, and compliance.
- 20 Years of experience in the limited liability company industry
- Transparent pricing
- Free Registered Agent for a year
- Protection of privacy
- More expensive than other Ohio LLC formation services
3 - Incfile
Incfile, formed in 2004, has become one of the top providers of Ohio LLC Services, creating over 500,000 businesses.
They can assist with accounting, business formation, and more. Incfile has a reputation for high-quality service and low-cost Ohio LLC formation services.
After our team gave IncFile a try, the company went beyond our expectations. From the start, their customer service was very helpful.
The user interface was intuitive and easy to use, and the whole process of creating and filing our LLC was simplified.
Overall, we were very pleased with the results and would highly recommend IncFile as a reliable and cost-effective LLC filing service.
- Silver LLC Formation Package ($0 Plus State Fees): Includes 1 year free registered agent service year, compliance alerts, an online business page, and quick order completion.
- Gold LLC Formation Package ($149 Plus State Fees): The Gold package contains everything from the Silver package plus an LLC kit with a stamping seal and binder, an employee identification number, an operating agreement, express filing, and a contract library.
- Platinum LLC Formation Package ($249 Plus State Fees): The Platinum Plan includes everything from the previous two packages plus an Ohio business domain and website, expedited delivery, and a Platinum LLC Kit, which includes everything from the Gold Kit plus a corporate embossing seal.
- Affordable Ohio LLC service
- Formed over 800,0000 businesses
- 1-year Registered Agent Service
- Support via phone and email
- More upsells
4 - Rocket Lawyer
Rocket Lawyer is one of the most popular LLC services in Ohio, with over 25 million registered users.
They offer online legal services for business owners and any other legal needs.
They can assist in Ohio business formation, registered agent service, legal aid, and more.
Rocket Lawyer has a comprehensive pack of experienced, real lawyers that can offer you the best legal guidance.
- Free membership ($0): Includes an A la carte menu. $39.99 per legal document creation and $49.99 per legal question to a lawyer. For any new legal matter, you’ll get a $59.99 per 30-minute legal consultation and $9.99 per document defense.
- Premium Membership ($39.99 Monthly): The premium membership includes all the Free membership features. It also gives a 40 percent discount when you hire an On-Call Rocket Lawyer attorney. Rocket Lawyer’s LLC Service is $99.99 plus state fees, and their registered agent service is $149.99.
- Free 7-Day trial membership
- 30-Day money back guarantee
- Highly rated service team
- Not a traditional business formation service
- Membership can be expensive
5 - Swyft Filings
Swyft Filings is a low-cost Ohio LLC Formation service that has become a substantial part of the industry compared to large competitors.
This company has dozens of suppliers, ranging from banks and attorneys to accountants and business advisors.
They have received thousands of positive reviews from customers since their founding in 2015.
- Basic LLC Formation Package ($49 Plus State Fees): Includes the ability to check the availability of a business name, file Articles Of Incorporation, a free domain and website, compliance notifications, and a free tax assessment.
- Standard LLC Formation Package ($149 Plus State Fees): The Standard Package includes all the basic package features, a federal EIN, an operating agreement, and an LLC banking resolution.
- Premium LLC Formation Package ($229 Plus State Fees): The Premium package includes everything from the other two packages plus express filing, monitored shipments, an online LLC kit, a company website and hosting, and digital document delivery.
- Personalized customer support
- Affordable prices
- A comprehensive platform
- Lots of upselling
- Limited features
6 - My Company Works
Founded in 2001, My Company Works has helped form over 60,000 businesses, including Ohio LLC businesses.
They are one of the fastest-growing private companies.
Ninety-seven percent of their reviews are positive, and customers often compliment their quick and easy process for LLC formation.
- Basic LLC Formation Package ($59 Plus State Fees): Includes a business entity name search, filing and LLC prep, meeting minutes for business meetings, a startup checklist, free Ebooks, digital access to documents, and an operating agreement.
- Entrepreneur LLC Formation Package ($199 Plus State Fees): The Entrepreneur Package includes everything from the basic package plus free registered agent services in Ohio, an EIN, and lifetime access to forms.
- Complete LLC Formation Package ($279 Plus State Fees): The Complete Package has all the features from both basic and entrepreneur packages. The package also adds The Premium upgrade, which includes filing annual reports, a compliance dashboard, and monitoring your business for good standing.
- Free tax consultation
- Business supervision
- Priority support
- Paid registered agent service
- Complicated website
7 - Harbor Compliance
Founded in 2012, Harbor Compliance is an excellent LLC service provider with over 20,000 happy customers.
They have a knowledgeable and fast-responding staff qualified to handle any issue concerning LLC formation.
They are not solely an Ohio LLC formation service but strive to provide comprehensive packages.
- Formation LLC Package ($399 Plus State Fees): Includes a federal EIN, a compliance expert, an operating agreement template, free registered agent service for a year, and Articles Of Organization.
- Compliance LLC Package ($799 Plus State Fees): The Compliance Package contains everything from the Formation Package plus premium support, name verification, S corporation or C corporation tax options, and initial analysis.
- 24 hours turn-around
- Personalized customer service
- Simple software
- No refund policy
- Very expensive
Advantages Of Creating An LLC In Ohio
Creating an LLC in Ohio can come with associated costs, including filing fees, legal fees, and other administrative expenses.
However, an LLC also brings a variety of significant benefits. Here are some benefits you may get with creating an LLC in Ohio.
1. One Taxation Level
LLCs can avoid double taxation, unlike corporations.
The LLC is called a pass-through, meaning the earnings are sent to the owners instead of being taxed.
Members then pay sales tax on the payments on their taxes .
2. Limited Liability
Limited Liability saves the owner from the company’s Liability. It makes individuals not accountable for the obligations or judgments of the LLC.
A member of the LLC can’t be legally pursued for debts or any other judgments against the LLC.
3. Loan Program Eligibility
When you form a limited liability company in Ohio, there are many financial programs available to you, such as :
- Community Connect Grants
- Community Development Program
- 166 Direct Loan
- Business Guaranteed Loans
- 504 Loans
- 7a Loan Guarantee
4. Profit Distribution Flexibility
An Ohio LLC can choose different ways to distribute earnings.
Each member can get an equal share or an agreed-upon percentage.
Our Selection Process
We selected and ranked these Ohio LLC services based on these key criteria:
When choosing LLC services to recommend, we ensured that the services were affordable. We chose LLC services with a variety of costs for every budget.
2. Quality Of Customer Service
Before recommending LLC services, we made sure that their customer service was exceptional and that they were quick to respond when issues arose.
3. Turnaround Time
Regarding turnaround time, we wanted to choose the best Ohio LLC service that has a turnaround time between 1 and 5 business days.
When hiring an Ohio LLC service, we are ensuring that the formation of the LLC is as quick as possible so you can start your LLC in Ohio asap.
Ohio LLC Formation Process
To form an LLC in Ohio, there are several steps:
- Step 1: Name your LLC
- Step 2: Choose A Registered Agent
- Step 3: Research If You Need A Business License
- Step 4: File Articles Of Organization
- Step 5: Get A State Certificate
- Step 6: Make An Operating Agreement
- Step 7: Apply For An EIN
What Is The Price To Form An LLC In Ohio?
The price to form an LLC in Ohio is $99. Reserving your LLC name before filing the Articles of Organization costs $39.
Is Ohio A Good State For LLCs?
Ohio is a good state for LLCs. Having an LLC in Ohio comes with tax benefits, tax flexibility, and limited liability.
Do You Have To Pay Yearly For An LLC In Ohio?
You do not have to pay yearly for an LLC in Ohio. Ohio is one of only 5 states that have a no-annual report policy. You do not need to file any information annually, either.
How Long Does It Take For An LLC To Be Approved In Ohio?
It usually takes 2 to 3 business days for an LLC to be approved in Ohio if you file online. Approval time is based on the volume of filings the office receives. If the Secretary of State is overwhelmed with applications, it could take 3 to 4 business days.
Ohio Best LLC Service Provider...
Obtaining an Ohio LLC has many benefits and is critical to legitimizing your business. Among the LLC formation services in Ohio, the seven companies we covered stand out for several reasons.
However, after detailed research and several consultations, we recommend ZenBusiness as the best LLC formation company for any business.
We tried ZenBusiness and found their services to be of great value for the indicated prices.
We were also impressed with the range of services offered, from forming LLCs and corporations to filing necessary paperwork and taxes.