Hiring a Colorado LLC service can save you both time and money. And because these agents understand everything regarding forming an LLC, they will walk you through the paperwork you must file per Colorado state requirements.
To lift the load of spending your business time researching, we analyzed and graded top-rated Colorado LLC formation services based on cost, dependability, and convenience.
Together with my team of experienced legal professionals, I finally gathered all the results and narrowed down the top choices.
Continue reading to find our best Colorado LLC formation service recommendation.
9 Best Colorado LLC Formation Services (October 2023)
1 - ZenBusiness (Editor's Choice)Would you recommend ZenBusiness?
ZenBusiness uses an automated system to implement various commercial activities, allowing them to charge less than many of its rivals.
When you register with ZenBusiness, you get exposure to options not typically offered in the packages of other Colorado LLC services.
We had the pleasure of using ZenBusiness's services to form an LLC in Colorado.
Their user-oriented platform ensures the initial filing is done in a quick 10-12 minutes. Within four days, my LLC was set, and I received an all-inclusive New Business Kit.
They offered us extra services to assist you outside of applying for an LLC, like an invoicing tool and business operating agreement form.
Their policy of billing for registered agent services post-LLC formation is a testament to their client-first philosophy. ZenBusiness seamlessly marries speed, transparency, and stellar support.
- Starter Package ($0 + $50 State Fee): Their basic package offers standard filing speed (2 to 3 weeks), business bank account, compliance, expense tracking, and a 100% accuracy guarantee. They also have the option for worry-free compliance during the first year, at no extra cost, with a renewal option at $199/year if you accept. In addition to the core features, you can take advantage of a complimentary one-month trial of banking and bank account services, Money Pro Bookkeeping service streamlines financial management, and a dynamic Website Builder.
- Pro Package ($199 + $50 State Fee): Apart from the starter LLC services, this package has the fastest "rush" filing speed (1-2 business days on average) for LLC formation and assistance in obtaining an Employer ID Number (EIN). The package also comes with guided LLC operating management (at $99) and Colorado articles of organization.
- Premium Package ($349 + $50 State Fee): In addition to previous packages, this top-tier package comes with a customizable business website for your Colorado LLC business, a customizable domain & email, plus business document templates.
- Registered Agent Service ($199): This registered agent plan renews annually at $199.
- They provide a selection of formation packages
- Each package's cost is affordable
- They offer stress-free compliance
- Their setup process is fast
- Has received a lot of favorable consumer comments
- Non-profit business formation is unavailable
2 - Northwest Registered AgentWould you recommend Northwest Registered Agent?
Northwest Registered Agent is an LLC service provider that prioritizes offering extraordinary customer service from their representatives throughout Colorado. They also guarantee data privacy and security.
Their efficiency in the LLC formation process really stood out to us. We completed the initial steps in 9 minutes, and in a short span of 72 hours, our filing was done.
Their commitment to customer satisfaction was clear from the start.
We were able to get our business up and running in a matter of days, and their customer service was outstanding.
We give Northwest Registered Agent top marks and for a good reason– excellent price points, faster turnarounds, and great customer service.
Their support will answer you immediately when you phone, email, or chat online.
Discover key details about this company by examining the review of Northwest Registered Agent.
- Basic LLC Formation Service Plan ($39 + $1 State Fee): Includes operating agreement, articles of organization, one-year free registered agent service, standard & expedited processing speeds available, and it can be used to form corporations, LLCs, and nonprofits.
- Full Service LLC Formation Service Plan ($225 + $1 State Fee): This LLC formation service plan features same business day filing, free limited mail forwarding, and more.
- Colorado Registered Agent ($125): As an LLC formation company in Colorado, they also provide registered agent service for small business owners. The first year of the registered agent service will be free if Northwest is selected to set up your LLC.
- Two decade worth of expertise
- They prioritize client privacy
- Open-book prices
- A one-year complimentary registered agent service for the LLC formation service package
3 - IncFileWould you recommend IncFile?
IncFile claims its goal is to offer unmatched online business formation services, customer experience, and a diverse set of LLC formation packages at an unbeatable price.
Naturally, they caught our attention and we put them to the test. And we were very pleased with the results.
They have an easy-to-fill online order form that you can file and be incorporated within a few minutes.
They offer decent LLC formation service around Colorado in addition to incorporation services.
IncFile's convenience was a huge plus for us. We completed the entire process of forming our LLC online, and IncFile took care of the rest.
We can attest that IncFile will batch-ship your paper copies and any requested materials once they complete the formation of your Colorado limited liability company.
- Silver Package ($0 + $1 State Fee): This LLC services package includes preparing and filling the articles of organization, unlimited name searches, and more. You can also expect to get free registered agent services for a year.
- Gold Package ($199 + $1 State Fee): Gold Package comes with everything Silver Package has, plus EIN Business Tax Number, IRS For 2552, banking agreement, operating solution, banking resolution, business tax consultation, and more.
- Platinum Package ($299 + $1 State Fee): This LLC services package offers Gold package features as well as a domain name, free next-day filing, and business email. Platinum includes website and domain design with IncFile Platinum, quick delivery for LLC formation documents, other paperwork, and a die-cast official stamping seal.
- Registered Agent Service ($119): The service will be free for the first year if made with an LLC formation package.
- Offer inexpensive LLC creation services
- A free registered agent service for an entire year for the LLC creation package
- Extensive LLC serves experience
- Prompt client service through phone and email
- More add-on sales
4 - Rocket Lawyer
Despite fierce competition, Rocket Lawyer is a popular provider of LLC filing services in Colorado.
The company specializes in assisting clients in creating their LLCs while minimizing overall legal costs.
You may use your Rocket Lawyer login to handle your LLC formation papers and other relevant legal documents with a few clicks.
The platform also offers suggestions based on the kind of Colorado business you run.
We appreciate Rocket Lawyer's helpful customer assistance center. We also liked their welcoming user interface.
The company's website devotes a whole page to it, with information on issues like technical assistance, membership, and online business launching.
If you're looking for a deeper understanding of this entity, our review of Rocket Lawyer can be your guide.
- Colorado LLC Formation Package ($99 + $1 State Fee): This LLC services package involves the creation of a new limited liability company, the fundamental legal paperwork required to operate your company, an operating agreement, and Colorado articles of incorporation.
- Colorado registered agent ($149.99): Under this Colorado LLC service package, Rocket Lawyer will operate as your physical street address and primary point of contact and provide you with a compliance schedule.
- They have a large customer volume
- Extended support
- Impressive reviews
- Limited document customization options
- Slim feature offering on cheaper packages
5 - Swift Filings
Swyft Filings might be a good choice for Colorado LLC formations because of its flexible price structure and speedy response times.
Swyft Filings partners with accounting firms to provide its Colorado business owners consultations on how best to manage their LLCs' tax and accounting aspects.
One tool Swyft Filings offers its clients that we really liked is the ComplianceGuard firm notifications. This ensured that our business stayed compliant with all Colorado secretary compliance requirements.
Such as filing compliance and submitting periodic business reports.
We found it disappointing that Swyft Filings does not offer a registered agent service in Colorado as part of their formation packages.
Access detailed insights about this company by checking the review of Swyft Filings.
- Basic Package ($0 + $1 State Fee): The Basic LLC service package includes everything you need to incorporate a business–creation, business name check, and filing of Articles of Organization.
- Standard Package ($199 + $1 State Fee): You'll get all the basic package features in this LLC service package. A tailored bank mandate, an operating contract, formation documentation, and the registration of your Tax ID number are all included.
- Premium Package ($299 + $1 State Fee): All other package services are included in the premium plan, plus digital delivery of state paperwork, a tailored digital LLC kit, and a free company website and hosting.
- Registered Agent Service ($99): This service will be billed quarterly.
- Flexible pricing structure
- You can pay in installments
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- Excluded registered agent services
- Many services are outsourced
6 - MyCompanyWorks
Our recommendation for MyCompanyWorks as a reliable online LLC formation service is based on its affordable costs and excellent client satisfaction ratings.
They also have a lengthy history in the game since 2001.
Whether you select the entry-level, mid-level, or comprehensive LLC plan, your order will be processed the same business day.
This is a good deal compared to many businesses with varied costs for processing timeframes.
We were genuinely impressed with the results. MyCompanyWorks' registered agent services skillfully handled court documents and IRS communications for us, enabling us to stay on top of all pertinent issues.
With a 100% satisfaction guarantee, MyCompanyWorks promises to either address customer satisfaction problems or give a refund.
Within 90 days of the purchase date, customers must submit a written (by email) refund request, return any supplied documentation, and specify the basis for the return.
- Basic Package ($59 + $1 State Fee): This LLC service package includes personalized organizational minutes, unlimited name availability searches, preparation, and Colorado Articles of Organization filing.
- Entrepreneur LLC Package ($179 + $1 State Fee): In addition to everything in the previous LLC service package, the Entrepreneur Package includes an ID for Federal tax, a seal, an LLC kit, and a limitless tax guide.
- Complete LLC Package ($259 + $1 State Fee): Includes basic and entrepreneur packages. You'll also get a complimentary LLC tax consultation and a year of our top-notch registered agent service - all free!
- Registered Agent Service ($99): You can get a free first year if you purchase Entrepreneur or Complete Package.
- Excellent customer service
- Setups and checklists are quite helpful
- Fair and competitive prices
- Documents can take longer than expected
- Difficult to trace order tracking form
7 - Harbor Compliance
As an online legal technology provider, Harbor Compliance provides a full range of compliance solutions for for-profit and nonprofit organizations. These solutions include entity administration, state licensing, and tax filing.
The procedure for creating an LLC at Harbor Compliance is straightforward. Once you log in, the website commands are easy to follow.
They also have a formation package that we found has all the basic features you'd need to start an LLC in Colorado.
We decided to put it to the test and were very impressed with the results.
Their adept management of formal communications between our business and government agencies ensured that all legal obligations were met in a timely manner.
Unfortunately, Harbor Compliance doesn't include any further services in this bundle.
If you want features like publication and annual report services, minutes managers, or even tax records managers, you must upgrade to their premium compliance package.
Gain further understanding of this organization by studying the Harbor Compliance review.
- Formation Package ($99 + $1 State Fee): Here, you can check the availability of company names in Colorado, create the LLC's articles of organization and present a draft operating agreement.
- Registered Agent Service (89-$99): The LLC service will be charged annually from $89 to $99 with no additional charges. If you prepay for registered agent services for more than two years, you can receive a 5–10% discount.
- Solid reputation
- Faster turnaround
- Great personalized customer support
- It is expensive
- More upsells
8 - Legalzoom
LegalZoom is your one-stop shop for all your Colorado business legal requirements.
As an LLC service, LegalZoom also offers legal assistance for every aspect of your life, including personal, family, and intellectual property.
To suit your unique demands, LegalZoom provides cost-effective pricing options with the opportunity to add on other services.
Their LLC service, in particular, has caught our attention for its effectiveness. We loved working with them, and it was an overall pleasant experience.
However, we must point out that their business formation plans tend to be on the pricier side and often do not include a wide range of registered agent services.
As always, we encourage you to carefully assess your options and weigh the benefits against the costs when making a decision for your venture.
- Basic Package ($0 + $1 State Fee): The package has various components that will enable you to register your LLC with the state formally. This includes the articles of organization, business name check service, digital welcome packet, and customizable website courtesy of Wix.
- Pro Package ($249 + $1 State Fee): This package comes with added features on top of the Basic package. These additional features include an operating agreement, EIN to facilitate taxation, and bank account access. You'll also get an extensive manual detailing business license. The package also offers initial telephone consultation sessions with business insurance and tax professionals.
- Premium Package ($299 + 1$ State Fee): This LLC service package provides an upgraded version of the Pro package with additional benefits. It offers personalized assistance from a business attorney of your choice. You also receive unlimited legal consultations lasting 30 minutes, each accessible for 3 months of your initial subscription. The package also includes any modifications to your LLC formation documents within the initial 3 months.
- Registered Agent Service ($299): Here you'll get premium registered agent service with unlimited cloud storage, identity theft protection, and strong data security when you form LLC with them.
- Money back guarantee
- Easy-to-use interface
- Top-rated customer support
- Pricey add-ons
- LLC formation might take longer
9 - Tailor Brands
Tailor Brands is constantly growing while offering a wide range of automated services, such as LLC formation, logo development, social media, and brand design.
TailorBrands is the kind of LLC service business you want to choose whether you own a small or medium-sized enterprise, are a startup, or have a tight budget.
We found their services to be pretty decent for the price you pay. We can honestly say that they were the biggest surprise to us. Customer service was a little bit slower but very helpful.
Because they concentrate on small businesses, their LLC fees are pretty reasonable while still providing top-notch services to assist with the legalization of your company.
- Lite Package ($49 + $1 State Fee): You get standard processing and LLC formation, with the application being submitted within 14 days.
- Essential Package ($199 + $1 State Fee): Essential option includes LLC formation, expedited processing, annual compliance, and operating agreement.
- Elite Package ($249 + $1 State Fee): With the Elite plan, you will get everything from the previous two plans plus business-building tools. Also, the Elite Program provides a website builder and a free domain for one year.
- Registered Agent Service ($219): They don’t offer a free RA for the first year, and the price stays the same when renewing.
- Excellent personalized customer service
- Worry-free LLC formation
- Lots of positive customer reviews
- No business domain in the basic package
- Auto bills without warning
Pros of Creating LLC in Colorado
There are two primary advantages of establishing an LLC in Colorado.
1. Personal Liability Protection
Both corporations and LLCs have the benefit of limiting personal responsibility in Colorado.
Creating an LLC is like building a fortification between your personal and company assets. Therefore your assets cannot be utilized to settle debts or obligations if your company is sued .
2. Pass-through Taxation
If you're a business entity in Colorado, you'll be subject to pass-through taxation .
The idea behind pass-through taxation is that your LLC in Colorado is not subject to taxation on its own. Instead, you pay tax from your income, meaning your tax return will not show any company income or losses.
By doing this, you avoid the drawback of double taxes that corporations experience by paying taxes at the business and individual levels.
Our Selection Process
We selected and ranked these Colorado LLC services based on these three things:
Regarding turnaround, we wanted an LLC service in Colorado with a short turnover time, preferably 1-5 business days. We also selected the ones that offer expedited shipping in Colorado.
The basis of hiring the best LLC service in Colorado is to ensure LLC formation and compliance processes are as quick as possible.
2. Ease of Use
Here we prioritized LLC formation services that have an easy-to-navigate business website and user dashboard. We looked into the convenience of getting around the dashboard to access and download legal documents and peruse relevant company details.
3. Customer Support
Before recommending any Colorado LLC services, we ensured their customer support was top-notch in expertise, attention to detail, and prompt responsiveness.
Colorado LLC Formation Process
Here is a brief rundown of the procedures you must follow to establish a limited liability company:
- Step 1: Do an availability name search for the business.
- Step 2: Select a Colorado registered agent.
- Step 3: Submit the organization's articles of incorporation
- Step 4: Draft several LLC operating agreements
- Step 5: Find an Employer Identification Number EIN.
- Step 6: Open a bank account
- Step 7: Get a business license
Is Colorado a Good State for LLCs?
Yes, Colorado is a good state for LLCs because it offers one of the most business-friendly corporate tax system and it has no franchise tax, like some other states.
Do LLCs Pay Taxes in Colorado?
No, LCCs do not pay taxes in Colorado as they're regarded as pass-through entities. However, each LLC member is subject to a 15.3% federal self-employment tax rate.
Do I Need a Business License in Colorado for an LLC?
No, you do not need a business license in Colorado for an LLC. The Colorado department doesn't have a general business license for LLCs, but you may need to apply for an occupational license depending on your niche.
Best Colorado LLC Formation Services
If you're searching for a quality Colorado LLC service with a proven track record and extensive knowledge, then ZenBusiness should be your go-to.
Working with ZenBusiness was an incredibly positive experience for us. From the moment we signed up for their services, their team was accommodating and informative.
We were especially impressed with the speed of their service, as our limited liability company was registered in just a few days.
We highly recommend ZenBusiness LLC for Colorado businesses for its user-friendly interface. You can conveniently customize a plan that fits your requirements by choosing from different ZenBusiness packages.