Hiring a Colorado LLC service can save you both time and cash. And because these agents understand everything pertaining to forming an LLC, they will walk you through the paperwork you must file per Colorado state requirements.
To lift the load of spending your business time researching, we analyzed and graded top-rated Colorado LLC formation services based on cost, dependability, and convenience.
Continue reading to find our best Colorado LLC agent service recommendation.
9 Best Colorado LLC Formation Services (November 2022)
1 - ZenBusiness
ZenBusiness uses an automated system to implement a range of commercial activities, allowing them to charge less than many of its rivals.
ZenBusiness has created hundreds of firms in its brief time in existence, and they claim that their objective is to create over one million new ones in the following five years.
When you register with ZenBusiness, you get exposure to options not typically offered in the packages of other Colorado LLC services.
They have extra services to assist you outside of applying for an LLC, like an invoicing tool and business operating agreement form.
ZenBusiness is at the top of our list of the best Colorado LLC services for various factors, including its low cost, simplicity of use, and distinctive offers. This business formation service also provides three priced options that you can choose from, based on how tight your budget is.
We appreciate that they have a starter pack that you can get basic LLC services at $0.
- Starter ($0): Their basic package offers routine filing, business bank account, compliance, and expense tracking.
- Pro ($199): Apart from the starter LLC services, this one has a faster filing speed and comes with guided LLC operating management and Colorado articles of organization.
- Premium ($299): This is the top-tier package with the speediest rush filing and a website for your Colorado LLC business, plus a customizable domain & email. Note that the total cost is inclusive of Colorado state fees.
- They provide a selection of formation packages
- Each package's cost is affordable
- They offer stress-free compliance
- Their set-up process is fast
- Has received a lot of favorable consumer comments
- Limited brand awareness
2 - Northwest Registered Agent
In addition to providing LLC business formation services, Northwest is a registered Colorado agent service that emphasizes offering outstanding customer service from representatives throughout Colorado and commits never to publicize your data.
Northwest registered agent offers a fair deal if you only need the bare minimum on LLC services. The firm charges $39 to form an LLC, to begin with. And if you're tight on money, we recommend Northwest's monthly payment option as it's budget-friendly.
We give Northwest registered agent top marks, and for a good reason– excellent price points, faster turnarounds, and great customer service. Their support will answer you immediately when you phone, email, or chat online.
- Tax ID ($50): It's worth paying this amount if you don't have time to rummage through application documents.
- LLC formation ($100): Northwest LLC formation service charges this flat rate to register any business, either a corporation, LLC, or nonprofit.
- Colorado registered agent ($125): As an LLC formation company in Colorado, they also provide registered agent service for small business owners.
- Two decade worth of expertise
- They prioritize client privacy
- Open-book prices
- A free 1-year registered agent service for the formation package
- They cost more.
3 - Incfile
In 2004 Incfile.com was established with its main office in Houston, Texas. More than 250,000 small-and-medium-sized Colorado business owners have received assistance from this best LLC service since it launched.
Their goal is to offer unmatched online business formation services, customer experience, and a diverse set of LLC formation packages at an unbeatable price.
They have an easy-to-fill online order form that you can file and be incorporated within a few minutes.
They offer top-notch registered agent services around Colorado in addition to incorporation services.
Another thing we liked about Incfile is its convenience. They batch-ship your paper copies and any requested materials once they complete the formation of your Colorado limited liability company.
- LLC operating agreement ($40): The ownership rights, obligations, and corporate policies are outlined in this document.
- Banking resolution ($35): Determines who may obtain and utilize credit lines and bank accounts.
- EIN acquisition ($70): To create a bank account and submit taxes in Colorado, you must have an Employee Identification Number (EIN).
- Platinum package ($249): Custom website and domain design are included with Incfile Platinum, quick delivery for LLC formation documents, other paperwork, and a die-cast official stamping seal.
- Offer inexpensive LLC creation services
- The LLC creation package offers a free registered agent service for a whole year
- Have worked with over 800,000 firms
- Prompt client service through phone and email
- More add-on sales
4 - Rocket Lawyer
Rocket Lawyer has offered online business formation services to over 25 million clients since its inception in 2008. Their large customer volume lauds their expertise when it comes to LLC-related projects.
Despite fierce competition, Rocket Lawyer is one of the most well-known providers of LLC filing services in Colorado. As the best Colorado LLC service, Rocket Lawyer specializes in assisting clients in creating their LLCs while minimizing overall legal costs.
As a startup business owner in Colorado, you receive practical and reasonably priced LLC formation packages.
Their user interface is quite welcoming. You may use your Rocket Lawyer login to handle your LLC formation papers and other relevant legal documents with a few clicks. The platform also offers suggestions based on the kind of Colorado business you run.
We appreciate Rocket Lawyer's helpful customer assistance center. The company's website devotes a whole page to it, with information on issues like technical assistance, membership, and online business launching.
- Colorado LLC Formation Service ($39): This package involves the creation of a new limited liability company, the fundamental legal paperwork required to operate your company, an operating agreement, and Colorado articles of incorporation.
- Colorado registered agent ($125): Under this package, Rocket Lawyer will operate as your physical street address and primary point of contact and provide you with a compliance schedule.
- They have a large customer volume
- Extended support
- Impressive reviews
- Very expensive
- Slim feature offering on cheaper packages
5 - Swift Filings
Swyft Filings might be a good choice for Colorado LLC formations because of its flexible price structure and speedy response times.
As a business formation company, Swyft Filings has teamed up with an accounting firm to provide its Colorado business owners consultations on how best to manage their LLCs' tax and accounting aspects.
One tool Swyft Filings offers its clients is the ComplianceGuard firm notifications. This ensures their businesses stay compliant with all Colorado secretary compliance requirements, such as filing compliance and submitting a business periodic report.
We found it disappointing that Swyft Filings does not offer a registered agent service in Colorado as part of their formation packages.
- Basic ($49): The Basic package includes everything you need to incorporate a business–creation, filing of articles of organization, and verification of name availability.
- Standard ($149): Everything in the lower plan is included in this standard package. Additionally, you will receive an operating agreement, organizational minutes, a bespoke banking resolution, and TIN registration.
- Premium ($299): All other package services are included in the premium plan, along with a few extras, including digital delivery of state paperwork, a personalized digital LLC kit, and a free company website and hosting.
- Flexible pricing structure
- You can pay in installments
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- Excluded registered agent services
- Many services are outsourced
6 - My Company Works
Our recommendation for MyCompanyWorks as a reliable online LLC formation service is based on their affordable costs, excellent client satisfaction ratings, and lengthy history in the game since 2001.
Whether you select the entry-level, mid-level, or comprehensive LLC plan, your order will be processed the same business day. This is a good deal compared to many businesses with varied costs for processing timeframes.
With a 100% satisfaction guarantee, MyCompanyWorks promises to either address customer satisfaction problems or give a refund.
Within 90 days of the purchase date, customers must submit a written (by email) refund request, return any supplied documentation, and specify the basis for the return.
- Basic package ($59): This includes personalized organizational minutes, unlimited name availability searches, and preparation and filing of Colorado articles of organization.
- Entrepreneur LLC package ($199): In addition to everything in the previous package, the entrepreneur package includes a Federal tax ID, a document seal, an LLC kit, and a lifetime tax guide.
- Complete LLC package ($279): Everything in the previous tiers is included here, plus free LLC tax consultation and one year of free registered agent service
- Excellent customer service
- Setups and checklists are quite helpful
- Fair and competitive prices
- Documents can take longer than expected
- Difficult to trace order tracking form
7 - Harbor Compliance
As an online legal technology provider, Harbor Compliance provides a full range of compliance solutions for for-profit and nonprofit organizations, including entity administration, state licensing, and tax filing.
The procedure for creating an LLC at Harbor Compliance is straightforward. Once you log in, the website commands are easy to follow.
They also have a formation package that we found has all the basic features you’d need to start an LLC in Colorado.
Unfortunately, Harbor Compliance doesn't include any further services in this bundle, such as publication and annual report services, minutes managers, or even tax records managers. If you want these features, you have to upgrade to their premium compliance package.
- Formation package (starts at $99): Here, you can check the availability of company names in Colorado, create the LLC's articles of organization and present a draft operating agreement.
- Compliance package (starts at $99): In addition to the formation package services, you can also publicize all necessary notices, provide affidavits, and manage the requirements for your LLC's annual report.
- Software suite $540: This suite comes with a company, tax, license, and records management software bundle with a single user interface.
- Solid reputation
- Faster turnaround
- Great personalized customer support
- It is expensive
- More upsells
8 - Legalzoom
Legal zoom is your one-stop shop for all of your Colorado business legal requirements. As an LLC service, LegalZoom also offers legal assistance for every aspect of your life, including personal, family, and intellectual property.
To suit your unique demands, LegalZoom provides cost-effective pricing options with the opportunity to add on other services.
Add-ons can be expensive, but the good news is that most LLC orders may be divided into three monthly payments, albeit it depends on your entire amount. Note that you wouldn't be qualified for the installment payments if you filed the LLC as a standalone.
- Registered agent service ($299): Includes premium registered agent service tools and features, including identity theft protection, unrestricted cloud storage, and tight data security.
- Colorado LLC formation ($79): This includes the basic LLC formation. However, it excludes a free one-year registered agent service.
- Money back guarantee
- Easy-to-use interface
- Top-rated customer support
- Pricey add-ons
- LLC formation might take longer
9 - Tailor Brands
TailorBrands is constantly growing while offering a wide range of automated services, such as LLC formation, logo development, social media, and brand design.
TailorBrands is the kind of business you want to choose whether you own a small or medium-sized enterprise, are a startup, or have a tight budget.
Because they concentrate on small businesses, their LLC fees are quite reasonable while still providing top-notch services to assist with the legalization of your company.
- Essential LLC Formation Package (starts at $49): offers a single bundle for some essential LLC creation services. They also provide add-ons like Colorado registered agent ($199), annual compliance ($199), Employer ID Number (EIN) ($99), expedited filing ($49) and operating agreement ($29).
- Excellent personalized customer service
- Worry-free LLC formation
- Lots of positive customer reviews
- No business domain in the basic package
- Auto bills without warning
Advantages of Creating LLC in Colorado
There are two primary advantages of establishing an LLC in Colorado.
1. Personal Liability Protection
Both corporations and LLCs have the benefit of limiting personal responsibility in Colorado.
Creating an LLC is like building a fortification between your personal and company assets. Therefore your personal assets cannot be utilized to settle debts or obligations if your company is sued.
2. Pass-through Taxation
If you're a business entity in Colorado, you'll be subject to pass-through taxation.
The idea behind pass-through taxation is that your LLC in Colorado is not subject to taxation on its own. Instead, you pay tax from your income, meaning your tax return will not show any company income or losses.
By doing this, you avoid the drawback of double taxes that corporations experience by paying taxes at the business and individual levels.
Our Selection Process
We selected and ranked these Colorado LLC formation services based on these three things:
Regarding turnaround, we wanted an LLC service with a short turnover time, preferably 1-5 business days. We also selected the ones that offer expedited shipping in Colorado.
The basis of hiring the best LLC service in Colorado is to ensure LLC formation and compliance processes are as quick as possible.
2. Ease of Use
Here we prioritized Colorado LLC formation services that have an easy-to-navigate business website and user dashboard. We looked into the convenience of getting around the dashboard to access and download legal documents and peruse relevant company details.
3. Customer Support
Before recommending any LLC, we ensured their customer support was top-notch in expertise, attention to detail, and prompt responsiveness.
Colorado LLC Formation Process
Here is a brief rundown of the procedures you must follow:
- Step 1: Do an availability name search for the business.
- Step 2: Select a Colorado registered agent.
- Step 3: Submit the organization's articles of incorporation
- Step 4: Draft several LLC operating agreements
- Step 5: Find an Employer Identification Number EIN.
- Step 6: Open a bank account
- Step 7: Get a business license
How Much Does It Cost To Maintain an LLC in Colorado?
It costs an annual fee of $10 to maintain an LLC in Colorado. Note that this amount is subject to a 4.65% state and federal tax rate.
Is Colorado a Good State for LLCs?
Yes, Colorado is a good state for LLCs because it offers one of the most business-friendly corporate tax system and it has no franchise tax, like some other states.
Best Colorado LLC Formation Services
If you're searching for a quality Colorado LLC service with a proven track record and broad experience, ZenBusiness could be your smartest choice.
We recommend ZenBusiness LLC service for any Colorado business because its interface is simple to use. And you can create a plan that meets your needs by selecting various add-on services.
Plus, ZenBusiness offers extended customer service hours, and you can be sure your issues will be resolved as soon as possible. And if you don't like the plan you’ve chosen, the good thing with this Colorado LLC service is its 60-day money-back guarantee policy.