Selecting a registered agent is important in forming an LLC in Florida. A registered agent is not only required by Florida state law but is also tasked to ensure your LLC has a clean record in the state by receiving legal documents and maintaining up-to-date paperwork.
So, if you're looking to use a registered agent service to do the heavy lifting, ensure you select only the best registered agent in Florida. This article will discuss the industry-leading service providers in Florida, their service features, and pros and cons. If you're ready, keep reading!
1. Northwest Registered Agent
Northwest Registered Agent has everything you need in a professional Florida registered agent service, from providing the required street address to scanning and forwarding every document received on your behalf. Furthermore, they will notify you of future compliance filing deadlines, ensuring that your annual report, franchise tax, and other tax documents are filed on time.
They also have a customer support team in the United States comprised of former attorneys, accountants, small business owners, and entrepreneurs to ensure quality service.
Northwest Registered Agent Service Features
- Registered Agent Services: Charges $39 on the first year and renews annually at $125.
- Florida LLC Formation: Basic package starts at $125, which includes registered agent services, Privacy by Default®, Local Corporate Guides®, free mail forwarding/scanning, and same-day local document scanning.
Northwest Registered Agent Pros and Cons
- Includes one-year registered agent service with formation packages
- Excellent and personalized customer service
- 20+ years of experience in the industry
- Has volume discounts on registered agent service
- High price in comparison to the competition
If you want to pay one of the lowest Florida registered agent fees without the LLC formation, look no further than ZenBusiness. For $99, you get user-friendly software as well as personalized customer service. They also offer full registered agent service with the option to upgrade at an additional cost.
ZenBusiness is well-known for its low prices, transparency, user-friendly interface, and dedication to its customers. They have over 4,500 online customer reviews, with a 4.7/5 average rating.
ZenBusiness Service Features
- Registered Agent Services Basic Package: The price starts at $99 without LLC formation.
- Registered Agent Service Worry-Free Compliance Package: Additional $50 per state. Includes annual filing report alerts, filing of legal papers, two free changes to filings, and coverage for any fees incurred if you fall out of compliance with the state.
- Florida LLC Formation: Their basic package starts at $39, including a Florida registered agent service and a free operating agreement template.
ZenBusiness Pros and Cons
- Has low-cost registered agent services
- Many outstanding customer feedbacks are available online
- Exceptional customer service
- Includes Florida registered agent services with every package
- Low brand recognition
IncFile offers free LLC formation services, with one free year of Florida registered agent service. Most startup or small business owners benefit from them as they help to get things off to a good start, especially with initial business costs.
IncFile's service quality is supported by over 13,500 positive online reviews, with only a few negative ones.
IncFile Service Features
- Registered Agent Services: They offer an annual fee of $119. When you get their business formation service, there is a free registered agent service included.
- Florida LLC Formation: Free of charge, so you only have to pay for the $100 filing fee due to the Florida Secretary of State for the first year.
IncFile Pros and Cons
- They have over 13,500 positive customer reviews online
- Provides a Registered Agent dashboard
- Their service features a virtual mailbox
- Free registered agent services with formation packages
- Mediocre features on their registered agent service
- Expensive fee in the long run
- No volume discounts on registered agent service
4. Rocket Lawyer
Rocket Lawyer has you covered if you're in for powerful estate planning software. Not only that, but they're also home to different legal services, such as LLC formation and registered agent services. So, if you're a Florida business owner looking for long-term legal advantages, Rocket Lawyer is the best choice.
Their services have been provided to over 80,000 businesses and are known for their high-quality legal guidance. Choosing Rocket Lawyer as your Florida registered agent will guarantee your complete satisfaction.
Rocket Lawyer Service Features
- Registered Agent Services: Charges $149.99 annual fee for non-members. It also includes storing legal papers in an online document repository and submitting the Florida Certificate of Formation.
- Business Bundle Plan: Includes free registered agent services for the first year.
Rocket Lawyer Pros and Cons
- Excellent customer support
- Subscription-based pricing
- Provides legal documents
- Provides support from legal experts
- Limited service features
- Credit card for a free trial
LegalZoom works similar to Rocket Lawyer - they have everything you need in a legal service company. The only difference is that LegalZoom has already made a name for itself in the industry, so you can expect their service fees to be much higher than those of Rocket Lawyer or any other service company on the list.
Besides their all-in-one legal service features, another great thing about LegalZoom is that their registered agent service is so first-rate that it includes a compliance calendar, unlimited cloud storage, and company data security. They also allow you to upgrade the basic package to premium, which adds $1 million worth of identity theft protection.
LegalZoom Service Features
- Registered Agent Services: An annual fee of $299 includes essential features such as business data protection, unlimited cloud storage, and a compliance calendar. The upgraded version provides up to $1 million worth of identity theft protection.
- Florida LLC Formation: Business formation services start at $79 plus state fee.
LegalZoom Pros and Cons
- Has high customer volume
- Offers wide a variety of legal services
- Great brand power
- Mediocre customer reviews
- High prices
- No registered agent included with LLC formations
6. Harbor Compliance
The one-time fee for Harbor Compliance covers the entire process for a year, and multi-year subscriptions are discounted. Their nationwide registered agent service provides multi-state LLCs with superior security and efficiency.
Harbor Compliance is one of the best Florida registered agents, with excellent service quality and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. Their service features are excellent and extremely useful for Florida's entrepreneurs and SMB owners.
Harbor Compliance Service Features
- Registered Agent Services: Charges a $99 annual fee, which includes complimentary document scanning, same-day electronic delivery of paperwork, customizable notifications, and more. Bulk discounts are available.
- Florida LLC Formation: Basic Formation Package costs $399 plus state fees. It includes a free year of registered agent service.
Harbor Compliance Pros and Cons
- Has same-day electronic delivery
- Has automatic process
- Features specialized services
- Free registered agent with formation package
- Expensive prices for services
- Average customer support
7. Swyft Filings
Florida LLC owners who are busy enough in operating their businesses count on Swyft Filings for managing and submitting legal documents with the Florida Department of State. With features such as 24/7 online access to important mail and consistent notifications for important due dates and deadlines, Swyft Filings is one of the most reliable Florida registered agents you can get. They provide everything you need to help you maintain a clean business record with the state.
While Swyft Filings is new to the registered agent service industry, they have already established a reputation for receiving some of the best online customer reviews. Trustpilot shows a whopping 4.7 average customer rating out of 4,122 reviews.
Swyft Filings Service Features
- Registered Agent Services: The price starts at $149.
- Florida LLC Formation: Offers three-level packages with several add-on services that you can purchase at affordable prices.
Swyft Filings Pros and Cons
- Has 100% money-back guarantee
- Affordable LLC formation package
- Free order shipping
- Great customer support
- They don't provide state-specific forms
- Their processing turnaround time varies from state to state.
8. Inc Authority
You should use Inc Authority if you plan to form an LLC at the same time you want to hire a Florida registered agent to manage the paperwork on your behalf. Inc Authority provides a free LLC formation service in Florida, along with a full year of registered agent services. Now, all you have to pay is the state fee.
Inc Authority Service Features
- Registered Agent Services: Free registered agent service included with LLC formation packages. Then, renews annually at $99.
- Florida LLC Formation: Most basic package offers free LLC formation. Upgraded formation packages are available, with prices ranging from $399 to $799.
Inc Authority Pros and Cons
- Excellent customer feedback
- No hidden fees
- 30+ years track record
- No physical address
- Expensive non-basic bundles
- Upselling of unnecessary services
What Are the Benefits of Working With a Registered Agent Service in Florida?
There are many advantages to working with a registered agent service in Florida, including convenience, cost savings, privacy preservation, and more. Find out more below:
- Convenient for the LLC and LLC owner: A professional registered agent can handle the time-consuming paperwork and provide their client with an online account that securely stores all company files and documentation in one place. In addition, LLC owners who do not act as their own Florida registered agents can be away from home even at regular business hours since the service of process will be received at the registered office address in Florida provided by the professional registered agent.
- Allows LLC owners to save money in the long run: Late reports are subject to hefty penalties in Florida because of the state's strict enforcement of deadlines. Therefore, having another party, such as a professional registered agent, who will be focused on tracking and submitting legal documents and paying state filing fees will help your LLC avoid incurring additional costs due to being late.
- Helps maintain privacy: LLCs must provide their registered agent's business address as this is where mail is frequently received and reviewed. Such information will be listed on Florida's public record. Without a third-party registered agent, you risk exposing your personal address and having all papers, including legal notices, delivered to your home or office in front of employees or customers.
- Supports your LLC’s growth: Suppose you intend to form LLCs outside of Florida. In that case, your registered agent can help you with your Florida business expansion by providing additional legal services that assist owners in starting and running their foreign LLCs or multi-state LLCs and maintaining a good, clean record in the Department of State.
How Much Do Florida Registered Agent Services Cost?
In Florida, the cost of hiring a registered agent could range anywhere from $50 to $300 per year. Considering how much time and energy it will save you, it definitely is a small price to pay.
Besides assisting in filing the paperwork to create an LLC, most registered agent services also offer assistance in filing annual reports, monitoring due dates and renewals, and providing other legal services.
Who Can Be a Florida Registered Agent?
Like any other state, Florida allows any entity or individual to act as a registered agent for a Florida business. This is provided they are at least 18 years old, have a physical address in the state in which the LLC is created, and are available during normal business hours.
Here are four options you can select from when appointing a registered agent for your Florida LLC:
Option 1: Be your own LLC's Florida Registered Agent.
Option 2: Appoint your LLC as its own Registered Agent.
Option 3: Designate a trusted friend or family member as your LLC's Registered Agent.
Option 4: Hire a Florida Registered Agent Company.
Do I Need a Florida Registered Agent for My LLC?
Yes. Every business entity formed and registered with the Florida Secretary of State must appoint a registered agent. Without it, the Secretary of State will reject your LLC formation filing.
What Does a Florida Registered Agent Do?
A Florida registered agent acts as the point of contact for your business. This means they are responsible for receiving service of process, like legal notice of a lawsuit and legal documents from the Secretary of State on behalf of your LLC.
Can I Act as My Own Florida Registered Agent?
Yes. You have the option of naming yourself as the registered agent for your Florida business, which means you will be the person in charge of receiving all official documents on the company's behalf.
How Do I Choose a Good Florida Registered Agent?
Choose the best Florida registered agent by researching if they offer:
- A professional registered agent service
- The best value for money
- A registered agent service nationwide
- Excellent service features
- A seamless user experience
How Much Is the Fee to Start an LLC in Florida?
The Florida Department of State charges a $100 fee when filing the Florida Articles of Organization.
How Do I Become an LLC in Florida?
Below is a step-by-step guide to forming an LLC in Florida:
Step 1: Choose a Name for Your Florida LLC
Step 2: Find a Registered Agent Service
Step 3: File Florida Articles of Organization
Step 4: Create a Florida LLC Operating Agreement
Step 5: Apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN)
Step 6: Choose the Type of Your Florida LLC
Step 7: File your Florida LLC Annual Report
And the Best Registered Agent in Florida is...
Starting a limited liability company in Florida is one of the best decisions you'll ever make because it provides asset protection for small business owners and provides opportunities for your Florida business growth. As a result, it is critical to get everything right, from hiring your registered agent to completing and filing your Certificate of Formation on time.
So, if you're looking for premium registered agent service in Florida, we recommend Northwest Registered Agent. We suggest ZenBusiness if you're looking for the best value and only need the registered agent service. We recommend IncFile or IncAuthority for startups who need a low-cost LLC formation and registered agent service package.
We suggest LegalZoom for comprehensive legal services and Harbor Compliance for nationwide registered agent services. If you want a seamless user experience, we recommend Swyft Filings and Rocket Lawyer if you prefer subscription-based pricing.
That concludes it. We hope this article has helped you determine the best Florida registered agent service that suits your business needs.