It is essential to find the best registered agent service in Michigan since it might determine whether your business succeeds or fails.
The right Michigan registered agent will ensure the security of your business's assets and information, keep your private information out of the public eye, and ensure that your Michigan LLC complies with all legal requirements.
We've compiled a list of the most professional registered agent services in Michigan to make it easier for you to select the ideal one for your Michigan LLC.
Top 4 Registered Agents in Michigan (September 2022)
1 - Northwest Registered Agent (Editor's Choice)
Northwest Registered Agent provides your business with all the full-service alternatives it needs to fulfill its legal duties.
They give you a Michigan street address through their registered office to use as your company's point of contact.
They take mail, process serving, legal notices, and legal documents on your behalf during regular business hours. They even offer one of Michigan's top limited liability company (LLC) services.
- You can experience Northwest's top-of-the-line agent services for $125, including free mail forwarding/scanning, same-day local document scanning, Privacy by Default®, and Local Corporate Guides®.
- Northwest also offers their LLC formation package to new Michigan business owners for as low as $39 plus the filing fee with a year of free registered agent service. The $125 annual fee will start in your second year.
- Offers personalized customer service
- Transparent pricing
- 20+ years of experience in the industry
- A year of free registered agent service is included in LLC formation
- Higher price than competitors
2 - ZenBusiness Registered Agent Service
A new name in the registered agent service industry is ZenBusiness. They assist with the registration of any Michigan business and provide services as registered agents for Michigan.
Together with the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, they will assist you in drafting your articles of incorporation.
For a price of $99 per year, they give your LLC a name and address in the state of Michigan, receive mail for your business, and allow service of process.
- ZenBusiness offers top registered agent services for as low as $99 without the LLC formation.
- They also provide their LLC formation package for only $39 plus the state filing fee if you wish to start your Michigan LLC with them, and you get the chance to enjoy their one-year free registered agent service. After your first year, you will start paying the $119 per year rate.
- Excellent customer feedback
- Affordable package offers
- Expert service and support
- Free registered agent service in all packages
- Low brand recognition
3 - Incfile Registered Agent Service
IncFile provides the bare minimum of services required of a registered agent.
They authorize the use of the agent's name and personal or office address by your business, the receipt of mail on regular business days, and the acceptance of process and notices from the Secretary of State and the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs on your behalf.
- With the $119 per year rate of the registered agent service package from Incfile, you will enjoy the additional services included in the package, including the free agent and LLC formation.
- The package includes a convenient agent dashboard and email and SMS update alerts.
- Incfile also offers its LLC formation. However, since the LLC formation is already included for free once you avail of their registered agent service package, you don’t owe them anything except the $50 Michigan filing fee for the first year.
- Free LLC formation with one-year free agent service
- Has virtual mailbox feature
- Has an agent dashboard
- Thousands of cheerful customer reviews
- Mediocre agent service
- It doesn't offer compliance alerts
- Mediocre Customer Service
4 - Rocket Lawyer Registered Agent Service
Rocket Lawyer is renowned for offering business owners and entrepreneurs trustworthy legal advice and assistance.
The business has extensive expertise in serving as a registered agent and providing legal information.
For its registered agent services, Rocket Lawyer guarantees complete customer satisfaction.
- Rocket Lawyer offers their premium members a 25% discount on their registered agent service and a regular charge of $149.99 for non-members.
- A wide variety of online legal services, such as legal documents and attorney services, are provided by Rocket Lawyer.
- They also offer a Business Bundle Plan, which includes a free registered agent service for the first year with them.
- Excellent customer support
- Provides a wide range of legal documents and services
- Provides expert legal assistance
- Offers up to a 25% discount for premium members
- Quite expensive when compared with other competitors
- Limited service features
- Requires a credit card to avail free trial
What Are the Benefits of Working with a Registered Agent Service in Michigan?
A registered agent receives and delivers official mail on your behalf, acting as your business's primary point of contact with the state of Michigan.
Although you have the option of serving as your registered agent, there are many advantages to working with a Michigan registered agent service:
Your Michigan registered agent service will help you ensure that your business consistently complies with the state laws of Michigan.
Gives You Peace of Mind
An experienced resident agent is qualified to accept documents and serve as the point of contact for your business. You may feel more at ease knowing that professionals handle all formal paperwork.
Some business owners have unpredictable work schedules, must travel regularly, or cannot enter the workplace due to continuous obligations.
Because registered agent services are available throughout standard business hours, they are convenient for busy business owners.
Confidential documents are delivered to registered agents. The owner is notified when documents are provided.
Creating a Michigan LLC through this service means you don't have to make your home address known. All documents, including those sued, will be served at the registered office address.
How Much Does a Registered Agent Service Cost in Michigan?
In Michigan, registered agent services cost between $49 and $125. The price will vary according to the features that the service offers.
What Are the Requirements for a Michigan Registered Agent?
Your resident agent is required to comply with the following in line with Michigan Law sections 450.1241 (for corporations) and 450.4207 (for LLCs):
- Michigan registered agents must have a registered physical street address in the state.
- At least 18 years old and able to accept legal documents.
The company that acts as a registered agent must be based in Michigan.
Do I Need a Registered Agent for My LLC in Michigan?
Yes, you need a registered agent for your LLC in Michigan. It is required by state law and must be listed on specific forms for every business entity in Michigan.
How Do I Assign a Registered Agent for My LLC in Michigan?
You first hire the agent. Registered agent costs can range from free to several hundred dollars.
You must notify the Michigan Department of Corporations of the appointment of your new agent by filing articles of incorporation for a new business you are forming or by changing agents using the state's Registered Agent change forms.
Can I Be My Registered Agent for My Michigan Business Entity?
You can be your registered agent for your Michigan business entity. You just need to be aware that many responsibilities come from being your registered agent for your LLC in the state of Michigan.
Can I Change My Michigan Resident Agent?
Yes, you can change your Michigan resident agent. Fill out a change form and send it in with the $5 fee to change your resident agent in Michigan.
How Much Is the LLC Formation State Filing Fee in Michigan?
The LLC formation state filing fee in Michigan costs $50.
Who Can Become a Registered Agent in Michigan?
Your Michigan registered agent may be a person or a business registered with the Secretary of State.
The Registered Agent's name and address are public records and can be found online. The agent must be accessible Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
Do I Hire a Registered Agent Before or After Forming My LLC in Michigan?
You should hire a Michigan registered agent first because, without an agent, you can’t form an LLC or corporation in Michigan.
Finding the best registered agent in Michigan can help your business thrive. If you don't hire a registered agent, you may risk paying hefty fines or having the authorities dissolve your business.
So, we recommend a nationwide registered agent service in Michigan for your business to be compliant and operate legally- Northwest registered agent. They will manage all legal documents and processes that can impact your business.
You will be provided a year of free registered agent service included in the LLC formation, personalized customer support service, free e-mail forwarding and scanning, and same-day local document scanning.