As an expert in the field, I understand that choosing the right Missouri registered agent service is critical, as it can significantly impact the success of your business.
A competent registered agent can ensure that your business complies with all legal requirements, safeguard your confidential information from public access, and secure your business's assets.
Our team, working together with legal experts, conducted thorough research and compiled a list of the top-rated registered agent services in Missouri. This list will simplify the process of selecting the perfect service for your LLC.
Top 4 Registered Agents in Missouri (September 2023)
1 - Northwest Registered Agent (Editor's Choice)Would you recommend Northwest Registered Agent?
Northwest Registered Agent stands out at the top of our list due to its provision of all necessary corporate services to maintain compliance with regulations set by the Missouri Secretary of State for your LLC or corporation.
Northwest Registered Agent understands the importance of protecting your personal information and assets. That's why they take extra steps to ensure the highest measures of security.
We found their advanced technologies and sophisticated security protocols handy, giving us peace of mind.
Their online platform was designed with ease of use in mind. Its simple navigation and clear instructions made it straightforward for us to complete all the necessary processes.
What sets Northwest Registered Agent apart from other competitors in the industry is its policy against outsourcing any of its online LLC services.
This policy provides a unique level of autonomy and understanding, enhancing their expertise and reputation.
- Registered Agent Services ($125): If you incorporate your LLC with Northwest services, the first year of registered agent service will be free for you.
- Basic LLC Formation Plan ($39 + $52 State Fee): This package includes an operating agreement and articles of incorporation. It also provides standard and fast processing rates with a complimentary one-year registered agent service.
- Full Service LLC Formation Plan ($225 + $52 State Fee): This pack includes same-day filing, registered agent service for a full year, and an operating agreement. A customer account is also available.
- Secures and safeguards customer data
- Offers individualized attention to all of customers
- Over two decades of expertise in the field
- No hidden charges
- A full year of free registered agent service when you form an LLC
- An expensive registered agent option
2 - ZenBusinessWould you recommend ZenBusiness?
As one of the best Missouri registered agent services for LLC formation, ZenBusiness has just started making its services available to the general public.
We've had the opportunity to try their services. They asked the right questions so that we could make the best decisions for our business.
Their professional customer service handled all our compliance filing, ensuring that we remained in good standing with the Missouri Secretary of State during our trial-and-error.
We were impressed by their transparent pricing model, especially for individual services.
Our experience was made more convenient by the option to pay for a standalone service without having to sign up for an annual membership.
Before making it available to everyone, ZenBusiness acted as Missouri registered agents for those who created a business entity with them.
As a result, they have quality experience in the area, although there are still some hiccups.
If you'd like to know more about this organization, we encourage you to read our comprehensive review of ZenBusiness.
- Registered Agent Service ($199): $199 is the annual renewal fee for registered agent service.
- Starter LLC Formation Package ($0 + $52 State Fee): This membership includes the basic company filing service and a name availability check service. The normal filing time for this product is to be 2 to 3 weeks. Additionally, you'll have access to various tools: banking and bank account services, Money Pro Bookkeeping at $30/month, and a Website Builder available at $15/month, all services following the 1-month free trial. For added convenience, worry-free compliance is offered for the initial year, and if chosen, it renews at $199/year thereafter.
- Pro LLC Formation Package ($199 + $52 State Fee): It has the features of the Starter package and the fastest "rush" filing speed, averaging just 1 to 2 business days. Furthermore, an LLC operating agreement template is available for purchase at $99. Additionally, Zen Business facilitates your business growth by assisting in obtaining an Employer Identification Number.
- Premium LLC Formation Package ($349 + $52 State Fee): This LLC formation plan includes the Pro package features, business document templates, email address, domain name, privacy, and a personalized business website platform.
- Budget-friendly packages
- Extended expert service and support hours for your convenience
- Excellent customer feedback
- 60-day charge-back guarantee for added peace of mind!
- Fewer advanced options
3 - IncfileWould you recommend Incfile?
IncFile is one of Missouri's most popular registered agent services and LLC services providers, with prices beginning at $119 per year.
They can help you file your articles of incorporation, provide a Missouri registered office, and are reliable enough to manage service of process or other legal paperwork on your behalf.
They offered us a fantastic free LLC formation service that we wholeheartedly recommend to clients who want to start an LLC and are looking for a cheaper option.
One drawback however is that there are many annoying upsells and third-party promotions.
- Registered Agent Services ($119): If you incorporate your LLC using IncFile's services, the registered agent will come at no cost in the first year. After that, a $119 annual payment is required.
- Free Silver LLC Formation Package ($0 + $52 State Fee): Articles of Incorporation will be prepared and filed, as well as unlimited name searches and a year of free registered agent service.
- IncFile Gold LLC Formation Package ($199 + $52 State Fee): This package includes the silver bundle, as well as an EIN business tax number, IRS Form 2553, and an operating agreement. The service also has banking resolutions and a tax advice option.
- Platinum LLC Formation Package ($299 + $52 State Fee): The package includes the Gold Package, as well as free business websites, domain registrations, and business contract templates. Users can also file for free the next day.
- Intuitive registered agent dashboard
- Free LLC formation with one-year of unpaid registered agent service providers
- Rapid processing turnaround
- No hidden charges
- Weak customer support
4 - LegalZoom
LegalZoom would be another good choice for your LLC. Despite being the most expensive, we believe they offer services that make the cost worthwhile.
And it is still more affordable than hiring a traditional lawyer.
LegalZoom's user-friendly platform and pre-filled legal documents made it easier for us to handle legal matters on our own, without the need for extensive legal knowledge or experience.
They also provide a 60-day satisfaction guarantee, which gave us plenty of time to evaluate their services.
Their customer support was available from Monday to Saturday and they were always quick to reply.
- Registered Agent Services ($299): The initial year of subscription for their Limited Liability Company package is priced at $249. Afterward, renewal would incur a fee of $299. This package entails one million dollars in protection cover against identity theft, an infinite amount of virtual storage capacity, and prompt updates on significant emails.
- LLC Basic Formation Package ($0 + $52 State Fee): This package offers all the essentials for business formation service in Missouri featuring a comprehensive name search, a WIX-powered website tailored to one's preferences, as well as the provision of articles of organization.
- LLC Pro Formation Package ($249 + $52 State Fee): The package includes all of the elements found in the Basic option, along with an EIN, an operating agreement, expert guidance on tax and insurance matters, and a comprehensive licensing guide relevant to Missouri.
- LLC Premium Formation Package ($299 + $52 State Fee): The package offers everything in the Pro package, along with personalized guidance from an expert business attorney based in Missouri. You'll also be entitled to periodic revisions in your LLC formation document and multiple consultations with the attorney for a duration of 30 minutes during the initial 90-day subscription period.
- Enjoy up to $1 million in identity theft protection with their premium feature!
- The brand stands out from the rest and is widely recognized
- High numbers of customers
- Their LLC Formation Package does not include a Registered Agent service
What Are the Benefits of Working with Missouri Registered Agents?
The primary contact point for your company in Missouri should be a registered agent. This agent can be in charge of receiving and distributing official communications on your behalf.
1. Ensures Compliance
With the help of your Missouri registered agent service, you can ensure that your company consistently complies with Missouri state law, including submitting important documents.
2. Gives You Peace of Mind
Having an experienced and knowledgeable Missouri-registered agent can give you peace of mind. They can take care of all the necessary paperwork and act as your business's primary point of contact.
Many business owners have unpredictable schedules with frequent travel or commitments, making it challanging to come into the office.
Registered agent services are helpful for busy business owners because they are available throughout regular business hours.
4. Maintains Privacy
Registered agents provide an extra layer of security when handling confidential documents. When the papers come, they can inform you immediately.
When starting a Missouri LLC, there is no need to worry about Sharing your residential address with the public.
They can provide the exact street address. All legal documents, even if your LLC is taken to court, can go to the registered office address .
How Much Does a Registered Agent Service Cost in Missouri?
Missouri registered agent service providers offer a range of affordable packages, starting at just $89 and going up to $299.
- How to Look Up an LLC in Missouri
- How to End an LLC in Missouri
- How Long Does It Take to Create an LLC in Missouri
What Does A Missouri Registered Agent Requires to Operate?
Regardless of the type of company you have, like an LLC, C-corporation, or S-corporation, Missouri Law 351.370 states that a registered agent must meet a certain criteria:
- Must be a state resident or a business offering agent services.
- Obligated to keep a registered office (a physical address in Missouri).
- During regular business hours, you must be accessible to accept documents (service of process).
Keep in mind that if you aren't satisfied with your registered agent you can easily learn how to change a registered agent in Missouri.
Our Selection Process
Each of the agent services in Missouri featured on our list has been ranked based on several specific and strict criteria to provide our clients with quality information.
Our rankings are also backed up by the expertise of our in-house legal team, who ensured we scored each of the companies correctly.
We reviewed and ranked the cost of each of the company’s services at a base level and through any specific offers to ensure you get the best service possible without spending too much money on it.
Learn more about the cost of starting an LLC in Missouri.
We have scored each commercial registered agent service in Missouri based on how long it has been in business and on its past accomplishments.
We want to ensure you get only the best quality service from professionals with vast knowledge in this niche.
3. Customer support
When using registered agents, you’re likely to have additional questions or encounter issues you didn’t expect.
Because of this, we checked the responsiveness and quality of each company’s customer service to give you an idea of what to expect.
4. Turnaround time
Finally, we made sure to score each agent's turnaround time. Speed is one of the most important things when using Missouri registered agent services.
Because of this, we made sure to make an order with each business and wait for them to complete it, recording the time it took them to do so. We then ranked each company based on its order processing speed.
Do I Need to Hire a Registered Agent for My LLC in Missouri?
Yes, you need to hire a registered agent for your LLC in Missouri because the law mandates using a registered agent. The Articles of Organization must include a list of the registered agents.
What Is the Role of a Missouri Registered Agent?
The role of a Missouri registered agent is to accept and deliver all legal documents. To obtain legal documents (service of process) and official mail on behalf of your LLC, Missouri company, or nonprofit, Missouri registered agents must have a physical address in the state.
Can I be my Own Registered Agent for my Missouri LLC?
Yes, you can be the registered agent for your LLC in Missouri, provided you are at least 18 years old and have a Missouri physical address.
Can I Change my Registered agent in Missouri?
Yes, you can change your registered agent in Missouri. You must file a Statement of Change of Registered Agent form with the Missouri Secretary of State to change the registered commercial agent. You're required to pay a filing fee of $10.
How Much Is the LLC Formation State Filing Fee in Missouri?
Missouri's LLC formation state filing costs between $50 and $105.
How Do I Choose a Registered Agent in Missouri?
To choose a registered agent in Missouri, you can research its service features, costs, and online customer feedback. A reputable national registered agent is the best based on your needs.
What Does a Missouri Registered Office Mean?
Missouri registered office means the street address of the registered commercial agent. The registered agent must be on site to sign documents during regular business hours.
Our Favourite Registered Agent in Missouri Is...
Although choosing the ideal agent service is quite challenging, our thorough research may have been helpful. Our ultimate best pick is Northwest Registered Agent.
We found their team friendly and knowledgeable, and they always provided quick and helpful answers to all of our questions and concerns. The whole process was very pleasant.