8 Best LLC Services in Alaska (2023) To Form Your Business
When starting a business in Alaska, hiring an LLC service company is your best option to shield your company from potential lawsuits and fines from delayed filing or compliance issues.
Yet, with hundreds of services available, it might be challenging to find one that specifically fits your company's needs.
Thankfully, together with our experienced legal team, we spent months evaluating service providers in this state and ranked them based on key service features, pricing, and delivery time.
Read on to find our top Alaska LLC formation services recommendation that you can hire for your startup company.
Top 8 Alaska LLC Formation Services (November 2023)
1 - ZenBusiness (Best Overall)Would you recommend ZenBusiness (Best Overall)?
ZenBusiness offers its customers three tiers of LLC service formation packages to demonstrate that its services are the most well-rounded.
They provide a registered agent service for just $199 per year, who will scan and forward documents, send deadline reminders, and offer personalized assistance.
We subscribed to their entry-level formation package, which only comes with the Alaska state fee.
Our LLC service experience with ZenBusiness was fast and hassle-free, and they offered us essential support to ensure our business's success. Their platform effortlessly guides users through the initial steps in just 10-12 minutes.
Their user-friendly dashboard ensures you're always updated post-filing, and their extensive resource library is invaluable for business insights.
A highlight is their billing policy for registered agent services, which starts only after the LLC establishment, underscoring their client focus.
LLC Formation Packages:
- Starter Formation Package ($0 + $250 State Fee): This Alaska LLC service package features standard filing speed (2 to 3 weeks), free CPA assessment, LLC filing service, and 100% accuracy guarantee. Worry-free compliance is optional with this package and free for the first year. After 12 months period it renews at $199 per year.
- Pro Package ($199 + $250 State Fee): In this LLC service bundle, you'll get everything from the Starter Package, plus ''rush'' filing speed of 1 to 2 business days. As such, this package is recommended to those who need to start their business quickly. The Pro Package includes an Employer ID Number (EIN) and an operation agreement that outlines the internal structure and management of an LLC.
- Premium Package ($349 + $250 State Fee): This LLC service bundle incorporates everything from the previous two plus domain privacy, a customizable business website, a website email address, and the fastest rush-filling speed (1-2 days). Business document templates are present to speed up dealing with time-consuming documentation and as such add to running stress-free business.
- Registered Agent Service ($199): You can buy and renew the subscription yearly for $199.
- The Alaska LLC formation service packages are affordable
- Its customer services are responsive and customized
- It has excellent internet client reviews
- Speedy business formation process
- Smooth compliance
- No non-profit LLC formation services
2 - Northwest Registered Agent (Best Premium)Would you recommend Northwest Registered Agent (Best Premium)?
With the Northwest Registered Agent's solid client-data privacy system, we were at peace knowing that all our sensitive business data was safe from third parties.
We also found their Alaska LLC formation service packages to be reasonably priced.
After signing up for their basic LLC formation service package, we reaped the benefits of a free year of registered agent service.
The efficiency of their LLC formation process impressed us. We completed the initial steps in 9 minutes, and by the 72-hour mark, everything was in place, even though we had selected a 5-day service.
Their commitment to timely service was commendable.
While Northwest Registered Agent may not be the most inexpensive option for LLC services, they provide high-quality services that justify their cost.
LLC Formation Packages:
- Basic Plan ($39 + $250 State Fee): With this LLC service package, Northwest Registered Agent has all the paperwork to process your Alaska LLC, including name searches, registration, and submission of all requisite formation documents. It also comes with a registered agent service for a year if you hire Northwest to form your LLC.
- Full Service LLC Formation Plan ($225 + $250 State Fee): The Full Service LLC Formation Plan of Northwest Registered Agent offers Employer Identification Number registration and the services from the base package.
- Registered Agent Service ($125 State Fee): Northwest Registered Agent offers this registered agent services package for free for a year if you buy other LLC service packages. It also includes expert corporate guides.
- 2 decades of experience
- They value client privacy
- No hidden fees for their LLC services
- One year of free registered agent service
- Premium-priced LLC services
3 - IncFile (Most Affordable)Would you recommend IncFile (Most Affordable)?
IncFile is among the few businesses we've tried that offer free LLC formation services to business owners; you'll only pay Alaska state fees and certification costs.
We highly commend their customer service department for responding quickly to all our queries during the whole process.
We were provided with a personalized dashboard of registered commercial agents, as well as a compliance calendar. Additionally, all of our documents were stored and scanned before being forwarded to us.
They also offer a complimentary year of registered agent which is great.
As you can see in our elaborate IncFile review, the only flaws of this company are a few upsells and third-party offers.
LLC Formation Packages:
- Silver Package ($0 + $250 State Fee): This LLC service package Includes lifetime corporate compliance alerts, the creation of your Alaska LLC, and free Alaska-registered statutory services for one year.
- Gold Package ($199 + $250 State Fee): This Alaska LLC services bundle includes operating agreement preparation, including an EIN registration, IRS Form 2553, and banking resolution.
- Platinum Package ($299 + $250 State Fee): This Alaska LLC service bundle includes priority expedited filing, a free company website, a domain name, and business contract templates, as well as free next-day filing.
- Registered Agent Service ($119): This Alaska LLC services plan comes with a free registered/ statutory agent service for a year, if you hire them to form your LLC. After that, the registered agent will require $119 for yearly renewals.
- Reasonable prices for LLC services
- One year of free Alaska statutory agent service
- Worked with over 800,000 businesses
- Good customer support team
- Many third-party offers and upsells
4 - Rocket Lawyer (Best Essentials)
Rocket Lawyer is a well-recognized online legal service available today, with over 25 million registered customers.
The organization easily connects clients with any legal support they require, whether it is business creation, registered agents, or generators' legal aid.
If you do not subscribe for membership, each legal document you choose and fill out will cost $39.99. To access all of Rocket Lawyer's materials, you must become a premium member, which costs $139.99 per year.
It's worth noting that as a premium member, you can receive discounts on bulk purchases.
Before committing to their business bundle, we signed up for the free 7-day trial to test the service. We found the trial to be satisfactory, even though it offered only partial access.
We laud Rocket Lawyer in our review for their service because they also provide consumers access to highly competent, real-world attorneys for reliable legal advice.
We recommend that you take advantage of the trial to test the LLC service and find a suitable plan before committing to a subscription. Just be aware that the trial will auto-charge if you don't cancel.
LLC Formation Packages:
- Business Formation ($99.99 + 250 State Fee): Rocket Lawyer can help you create several entity kinds, such as an LLC, S-corporation, C-corporation, and non-profit organization.
- Registered Agent Service ($149.99): As your registered agent, Rocket Lawyer keeps your address off public records, keeping you safe from unsolicited mail and other uncomfortable circumstances. For $39.99 monthly you can have a 25% as a part of your membership.
- Fast legal online service
- User-friendly dashboard
- Free trial offer for LLC services
- High fees for non-members
- Doesn’t have isolated plans
5 - Swyft Filings
Swyft Filings is a low-cost business creation service with some of the industry's fastest response times.
You'll have all the resources you need to get your business up and running quickly, thanks to their short application procedure and excellent customer service team.
Swyft Filings is the market leader in terms of business formation filing timelines. They guarantee that all business formation packages will be filed the next day.
If you have the Basic or Standard package, you may anticipate getting your incorporation paperwork in your inbox within 15 business days. Those on the Premium plan will get them in five business days.
As per our experience with them, we signed up for a Basic package, and we were quite pleased with the service.
We found their customer support team to be incredibly helpful, and we would highly recommend their services whether you need fast LLC formation or legal advice.
We recommend Swyft Filings to small enterprises or entrepreneurs that need their company started fast and at a reasonable cost.
LLC Formation Packages:
- Basic Package ($0 + $250 State Fee): The LLC service package covers everything required for business–establishment, filing of articles of incorporation, and name search verification.
- Standard Package ($199 + $250 State Fee): Everything in the base option is included in this bundle, including corporate minutes, a customized banking agreement, and a TIN application.
- Premium Package ($299 + $250 State Fee): The LLC service package comprises all lower package services in addition to a few add-ons, such as a personalized online LLC kit and business website services, next to FedEx delivery.
- Registered Agent Service ($99): Swyft Filings registered agent is an ongoing quarterly subscription.
- Faster turnarounds for LLC services
- Quicker application process
- Lifetime access to customer service
- No free registered agent service
- Lots of upsells
6 - MyCompanyWorks
MyCompanyWorks has the simple goal of making the procedure of setting up an Alaska business as simple, quick, and reasonably priced as possible.
With a decade's worth of experience in LLC creation and incorporation procedures, MyCompanyWorks have established thousands of businesses for its clients and have grown to become one of Alaska's leading providers of such services.
They offer a range of services to help entrepreneurs and small business owners get their companies off the ground.
Whether you need basic registered agent services or complete incorporation solutions, they have you covered.
We found their LLC services to be comprehensive and easy to use. They provided all the necessary legal paperwork to get our business off the ground and maintain its legal status, including a business plan, legal structure, EIN, and operating agreements.
LLC Formation Packages:
- The Basic Package ($59 + $250 State Fee): The basic LLC service package includes bespoke organizational minutes, limitless name availability searches, and the creation and filing of Alaska incorporation articles. To get an add-on for premium features, you can add $99 and get Annual Report Filing Services, as well as E-Ledger, E-Certificates, and Business Entity Monitoring among other features.
- Entrepreneur Package ($179 + $250 State Fee): In addition to everything included in the former LLC service bundle, this program comes with a Federal tax Identification, an LLC kit, and a lifelong tax handbook. For $99 more, you can gain access to premium services like Automatic Minutes, 5 GB of cloud storage, and priority support.
- Complete Package ($259 + $250 State Fee): This LLC service package includes everything in the previous tiers, as well as free LLC tax counseling and one year of free registered agent service in Alaska.
- Registered Agent Service ($99): This registered agent service includes a free first year if you choose the Entrepreneur or Complete Package option.
- Name availability checker
- Great customer support team
- Free legal alerts
- Slower turnaround time
- Cannot track order forms
7 - Harbor Compliance
Harbor Compliance is a respected professional organization that provides LLC formation, incorporation, and other business compliance services.
They undertake many of the key tasks involved in starting a brand-new business.
Because of its quick response times, Harbor Compliance is ideal if you need to get your Alaska business up and running as soon as possible.
If you choose to utilize their LLC service, you will be given a compliance specialist who will handle all aspects of business formation and answer any questions about your specific company requirements.
We decided to give their LLC services a try and were quite impressed with the results.
Their proficient handling of official communications between our business and government agencies ensured that all legal requirements were fulfilled promptly.
In addition to their excellent service, they prioritize their customers' privacy by using Norton and Trustwave to ensure website security and data encryption.
LLC Formation Packages:
- Formation Service ($99 + $250 State Fee): As per Harbor Compliance's online webpage, there is a one-time fee of $99 + state fee if you purchase this LLC service for a year (and renew it annually). If you reserve the service for two or more years and pay in advance, you will receive a 5-10% discount.
- Registered Agent Service ($89 - $99): Annual fees from $89 to $99 per state with no additional charges, and you may receive a 5-10% discount if you pay ahead for +2 years.
- There are no automatic charges
- Swift delivery times
- Outstanding customer support
- Outdated website
8 - LegalZoom
LegalZoom, as a registered agent in Alaska, provides legal counsel for all aspects of your life, including financial, family, and copyrighted material.
We included LegalZoom in our list because of their great reviews and flexibility to add more services to meet your specific needs.
Although add-ons might be expensive, the majority of LLC orders can be split into three installments, depending on the overall cost.
If you plan on forming the LLC in Alaska as a separate entity, you would not be eligible for the installment payments.
We were particularly impressed with the efficiency of their registered agent service. We always managed to get everything done ahead of time. Their customer service was highly knowledgeable and able to guide us through the process seamlessly.
However, it's worth noting that LegalZoom's prices are generally higher compared to some of its competitors, which may not offer the best value for money.
LLC Formation Packages:
- Basic Package ($0 + $250 State Fee): Includes comprehensive name search, articles of organization and business entity filing, complete digital LLC welcome packet, support through email & chat, and a customizable website.
- Pro Package ($249 + $250 State Fee): It has all the basic Package features, plus an operating agreement, an EIN number, business licenses & permits guide, a financial account authorization letter, tax consultation, support via phone, and a personalized consultation.
- Premium Package ($299 + $250 State Fee): This package includes everything the Basic and Pro packages have, plus unlimited 30-minute attorney consultations for 3 months, advice from a knowledgeable business attorney, and one entity amendment with rush service included for 90 days.
- Registered Agent Service ($299): It contains high-end registered agent service and features such as protection against identity theft, unlimited virtual storage, and stringent data security, once you decide to form LLC with them.
- Great customer care
- User-friendly interface
- Satisfaction guarantee
- Slower LLC creation process
- Expensive add-ons
Benefits of Creating an LLC in Alaska
Here’s how small business entrepreneurs in Alaska can benefit from forming an LLC.
1. Personal Liability Protection
Creating your Alaska LLC guarantees security from personal creditors when establishing your firm. Your home, car, or bank accounts are not among the items or assets that business creditors may seize .
Additionally, setting up an Alaska LLC can shield proprietors of small businesses and their members from potential personal liability imposed by other LLC proprietors and members.
2. Pass-Through Taxation
Your Alaska LLC may give you the advantage of pass-through taxation. This means the company taxes are passed through the business and paid at an individual income rate.
As a result, you now have an advantage over other large corporations because your limited liability company won't be subject to individual and corporate taxation.
3. Easy Creation and Operation Process
If you're sick of regularly dealing with paperwork and legal documents, setting up an LLC in Alaska is your best choice.
Compared to other corporations, its operations, and formation are relatively more straightforward—where your Alaska registered agent services will handle the rest.
The only other need for your Alaska LLC is to submit your articles of organization to the Secretary of State of Alaska.
An LLC is no longer needed to hold yearly meetings or maintain thorough minutes like a corporation.
4. Easy To Raise Company Capital
With the aid of an LLC, raising cash is quicker than if it were founded as a sole proprietorship or general partnership. You can add additional members to your Alaska LLC without giving them full managerial authority.
So, your new members can contribute to company investments without becoming governing partners.
Our Selection Process
Teaming up with our legal attorneys, we curated this list of the best LLC services in Alaska based on service features, customer support, pricing, and turnaround times.
1. Service Features
We focused our study on the best-registered agent service elements that are essential for LLC creation and registration.
We concentrated on elements such as error-free document delivery, state forms, filing instructions, and reminders for an LLC annual report in Alaska.
2. Customer Service
Customer service, in our experience, is one of the characteristics of a high-value LLC service provider.
We evaluated customer service in terms of communication, attentiveness, problem-solving, and fundamental competence.
We also investigated the openness and accessibility of physical addresses, whether personal or office.
3. Turnaround Time
In terms of delivery speed, we want an LLC service with a quick response time, preferably less than 7 business days. We also chose those that provide speedy shipping in Alaska. Learn more about the duration of the LLC formation procedure in Alaska.
As far as pricing goes, we selected LLC service providers and registered agents with decently priced packages.
And because add-ons services are also crucial when starting a limited liability company in Alaska, we selected services that have the most affordable add-ons.
Alaska LLC Formation Process
These seven simple steps will help you create your Alaska LLC:
- Step 1: Give your Alaska LLC a name.
- Step 2: You must hire Alaska registered agent services or search for an Alaska registered agent.
- Step 3: You must submit the Alaska articles of organization.
- Step 4: After you submit your Alaska articles of organization, you must create an operating agreement for your Alaska LLC.
- Step 5: Get your Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- Step 6: Decide the model of your Alaska LLC.
- Step 7: File the yearly report for Alaska LLC.
What Is the Cost of Forming an LLC in Alaska ?
The cost of forming an LLC in Alaska is $250—including submitting the articles of organization with the Alaska Division of Corporations. The Alaska Division of Corporations will take a $25 deposit to reserve your LLC name.
Must I Hire an Alaska LLC Service Company?
Yes, you must hire an Alaska LLC Service if you don't want to deal with all the paperwork involved in starting your business. With the help of your LLC and your Alaska registered agent, you can operate your business entity hassle-free.
Our Top Recommendation for Alaska LLC Service…
If you're seeking a reputable Alaska LLC creation business with a solid track record, first-rate customer care, and extensive expertise, ZenBusiness may be the best option.
We suggest ZenBusiness LLC service to any Alaskan business because of its outstanding and prompt support team members who addressed all our legal problems exhaustively.
ZenBusiness also offers EIN registration, VIP processing, handling for filing annual reports, business domain privacy, website email address, and fast filing.
Their LLC formation service packages, registered agent services, and processing time were all impressive, and we were pleasantly surprised with the results. Their customer support team was very knowledgeable and helpful.
The positive reviews from their former clients also serve as a testament to the quality of their services.