If you're an LLC entrepreneur in Alaska, it's crucial to hire a provider who offers both LLC creation and registered statutory/agent services.
But with the bunch of different agent services available in Alaska, it can be daunting to research and choose one that's perfect for your business model.
To help you gen-up, we researched and tested top registered agent companies in Alaska and stacked them according to important service features like pricing, document turnaround, and customer service.
Read to the end to find out our top-pick Alaska registered agent service.
7 Best Registered Agent Services in Alaska (February 2023)
1 - Northwest Registered Agent (Editor's Choice)
Northwest registered agent is an online LLC service provider that's been in business for over two decades.
Throughout their service, they've formed LLCs for small, large, and nonprofit organizations.
We found Northwest registered agent's website incredibly simple and straightforward to buy packages, upgrade, cancel, or access other LLC-related information.
We also liked the Northwest Registered Agent free email scanning and forwarding services, which took care of all official emails for our company and safeguarded our data.
Northwest registered agent ranks top because they offer a wide range of services, including document filing, annual reports, EIN acquisition, and much more.
- Registered Agent Service ($149/year): Processing and recording of all documents and filings required by law or ordered by the court in the State of Alaska, including but not limited to UCCs, financing statements, mortgages, releases, and assignments. In addition to that, the company provides registered agents in Alaska.
- LLC Formation Package ($39): Includes business name reservation, corporate minutes and bylaws, certificate of formation, annual report filings, tax filing services, mail forwarding, business registration filings, DBA filings, and other business name registrations.
- Privacy by the default method
- Excellent customer service
- They have 2 decades of expertise
- Clear pricing structures
- Free registered/statutory agent services
2 - ZenBusiness
ZenBusiness is a Texas-based agent service established in 2015.
It's one of our top-rated agent services in Alaska because they offer low-cost LLC formation packages.
They charged us $99 per year to be our registered agent, which is much lower than average rates in this industry.
Their registered agent service is one of the best in the state because it provides 24/7 access to its offices via phone or email.
Anytime we had issues and contacted their support, the team was pretty responsive and helpful.
If you're tight on money, we recommend choosing the ZenBusiness starter plan, with which you'll receive your operating agreement draft and registered agent service, among other perks. Furthermore, it's a win that all ZenBusiness programs include free accounting advice.
Another great feature we love about ZenBusiness is its online account management system. This system allows you to manage your registered agent documents and services in one place.
- Standard Alaska Registered Agent ($99/year): Offers a local address for your company in Anchorage, Alaska, a registered agent, and a registered office address with 24/7 live phone support.
- Alaska Registered Agent Complete ($149/year): As a registered agent, ZenBusiness provides all of the features you'd expect from an experienced professional. They offer a complete package for $149 per year, which includes the following:
- The prices of their packages are very affordable
- Their chat and customer support are available beyond the working hours
- Outstanding customer support
- Offer a 60-day genuine refund policy
- Low brand power
3 - IncFile
IncFile registered agent has a solid reputation in the industry and is one of the most cost-effective services you can find.
They offer a broad range of services to help your business succeed, including state filing and document filing, corporate tax preparation, LLC formation service in Alaska, and business entity management and maintenance.
Unlike other services, with IncFile, we didn't have to sign a contract—we paid for one year, and we were good to go.
They sent us updates on our annual report and provided an address for our business, which helped us avoid fines that come with missing a filing deadline.
- Alaska Registered agent service ($199/year): IncFile, one of the leading registered agent businesses in Alaska, provides businesses with a dashboard for storing and managing their legal documents. It will also forward notifications of legal papers to your email address and cell phone.
- Alaska LLC formation includes ($149): Company compliance alerts, EIN (Employer Identification Number), consultation on business taxes, a website for your business, and one year's worth of your own registered agent.
- An online dashboard that is very useful
- A complete year of free registered agent service
- Fast order processing
- Costs are transparent and clear
- Limited access to their registered agent support
4 - Rocket Lawyer
If you're looking for the best registered agent in Alaska, we recommend Rocket Lawyer's online legal service.
Rocket Lawyer is another great registered agent service that offers all the necessary tools for you to create, manage, and maintain your business.
They have an array of service features, including incorporation and renewal services, so that you can get all of your paperwork taken care of in one place.
We recommend Rocket Lawyer because they offer contract review services to help you make sure your contracts are up-to-date and in line with legal regulations.
- Registered Agent Services ($149.99/year for subscribers): Comes with a 25% discount only for their subscribers. This offer includes tax filing, annual report alerts, free legal consultation.
- LLC formation service ($99.99 for non-subscribers): This basic formation package covers basic filing services. This includes annual filing reports, change of address notifications, EIN acquisition, and registered agent service.
- Customer service is available 24/7
- Offer free trial
- Easy to use for novice entrepreneurs
- The service is not available in all states
- Expensive for non-subscribers
5 - Harbor Compliance
Harbor Compliance is well-known for their excellent customer service.
They are staffed with qualified individuals that can assist you with any issue that may arise, unlike many rivals who outsource their assistance to third-party contact centers.
As an agent service in Alaska, they specialize in small businesses and nonprofits and offer both low-cost and premium services.
Their prices compete with other Alaska registered agent services and offer first-time clients discounts.
What we love about Harbor Compliance is that they never auto-bill you or store your payment card information.
They just invoice you annually, so there are no unexpected charges to your account, unlike other registered agent services.
- Alaska Registered Agent Services ($99/year): You can get a 5%- 10% discount if you avail of multiple years (2+ years). Bulk discounts are available when ordering for several entities or combining registered agent services.
- LLC Formation Package ($99): This includes EIN/TIN registration, organizational minutes, Operating Agreement, and Annual report filing.
- Expedite Package ($299): With this package, you get speedy turnarounds for your legal documents. We recommend this if you need your LLC to be up and running in no time.
- Software-based compliance solutions
- Prompt customer support
- Free registered agent service
- No physical office or storefront for walk-ins
- Does not provide refunds
6 - LegalZoom
LegalZoom is one of the most popular Alaska registered agent services, and for a good reason.
They offer a full suite of business formation services, including incorporation, trademark filing, and protection of your company's domain name.
Their best registered agent service is no exception: it comes with all the benefits of online access to your accounts and documents, as well as an office address in Anchorage so that you can receive legal mail on behalf of your business entity.
- Alaska Registered agent service ($299/year): Includes a compliance calendar, firm data protection, endless cloud storage, credit monitoring, mail alerts, email for report deadlines, and 1 Million identity theft protection to help your business stay compliant.
- Business Advisory Plan (39.08/month): offers legal services from a lawyer.
- LLC Economy Formation Package ($79): Offers less than 3 weeks delivery time
- LLC Standard Formation Package ($329): Offers less than 2 weeks completion time plus business owner's kit & customized notebook
- LLC Express Gold Formation Package ($349): Offers less than 5 working days completion time and all features included in the Standard Formation package
- VIP processing is included in several LLC plans
- Satisfaction Guarantee for 60 days
- Professional legal assistance
- Not operational in all states
- Registered agent package is expensive
7 - Swyft Filings
Swyft Filings is a premium registered agent service that offers all the forms, documents, and other requirements needed to start an LLC in Alaska.
This includes creating a physical street address and a registered agent appointment form and filing it with the Alaska secretary of state's office.
We appreciate Swyft Filings assured compliance because of their automated alerts.
This way, you can rest easy knowing that you are in compliance with all Alaska state and federal laws.
Swyft Filings will also renew your annual registration on an automatic basis, relieving you of the stress that can come with filing deadlines.
We advocate for them because they also provide free templates to help you get started with your business plan and incorporation documents.
- Basic LLC Formation package (starts at $49): This LLC formation package comes with an online dashboard that helps you keep track of all your business papers in one location.
- EIN Registration ($79): Purchasing this package allows Swyft Filings to handle your EIN acquisition process.
- Free legal advice and assistance
- 24/7 customer support
- Flexible service options are available
- No central physical address location in Alaska
What Are The Benefits Of Working With A Registered Agent Service In Alaska?
The benefits of working with a registered agent in Alaska include:
1. Free From Non-Compliance Risks
Registered agent services can help you avoid the possibility of noncompliance with state law by ensuring that you have an active physical office address and that your business is properly registered with the Alaska state government.
This is especially important if you plan on doing business in multiple states or across borders.
A registered agent in Alaska provides you with complete freedom from having to deal with administrative tasks such as maintaining an active physical office address, filing annual reports, and paying franchise taxes.
3. Privacy in Businesses
By using the services of a registered agent, you can maintain the privacy and confidentiality of your business information .
4. Documents Organization
A registered agent will organize all your documents, which will be very helpful when you want to open new businesses or need to make changes to current ones.
5. One Alaska Registered Agent for Multiple Jurisdictions
An Alaska registered agent can provide services for multiple states simultaneously, making it easier for business entities that operate in multiple states with different laws and regulations.
How Much Does A Registered Agent Service Cost In Alaska?
A registered agent service in Alabama costs between $49 to $300.
The price depends on your state and your chosen registered agent service provider.
What Are The Requirements For Alaska Registered Agents?
The requirements for Alaska registered agents include the following:
- The Alaska registered agent must be either a person who is legally residing in the state or a business that provides registered agent services and mailing addresses there.
- A registered corporation in Alaska with a real address for the registered agent
- The Alaska registered agent must hold a valid license in order to handle pertinent documents during regular business hours.
- To be recognized as a registered agent in Alaska, a candidate must be of 18 years or older
Our Selection Process
Through our review and testing, we only selected national registered agent services that ticked all the right boxes in terms of price, turnaround, customer service, and service features.
We select a registered agent service with good value for your money.
Some companies will charge more for a few services but include more upsells and expensive add-ons.
We compared prices and services before rounding up these best agent services in Alaska.
2. Customer Support
If you have questions or concerns, you should be able to reach your Alaska registered agent's customer support team quickly and easily.
So, we have included it in our selection process and stacked only agent services with a responsive customer support team.
3. Turnaround Time
Another thing we kept in mind when choosing a registered agent is turnaround time.
We know that time is significant when it comes to running LLCs per state laws.
That's why we selected a registered agent service company that values efficiency and gets everything done as soon as possible.
4. Service Features
We have cross-checked all the Alaska registered agent service features in each company and selected those with splendid features in their packages.
Service features are essential when setting up a business, and we went with services that offer more features per package.
Do I Need A Registered Agent In Alaska?
Yes, you need a registered agent in Alaska per state law. If you don't have your own registered agent, then the State of Alaska will assign one for you.
Do I Use A Registered Agent Before Or After Launching My Alaska Company?
You use a registered agent before launching your Alaska company. This way, they can help you get started on the right foot by filing all necessary paperwork and ensuring that your business name is available in the state.
What Is A Registered Agent's Main Role In Alaska?
A registered agent’s main role In Alaska is to receive and process legal papers on behalf of your company. This includes things like service of process, notices from regulatory agencies, or any other important legal documents sent to your business address.
The Best Registered Agent in Alaska
Finding the right registered agent business like Northwest is a step in the right direction to set up your business compliance and get a good standing with the Alaska state laws.
Northwest's online incorporation services are an excellent choice for a high-quality registered agent service for any business entity in Alaska. We got access to their wide range of services, including expedited document filing, operating agreement templates, annual reports, and EIN acquisition.
Although the registered agent industry is very cutthroat, Northwest's registered agent service ranks top in terms of its excellent value, faster delivery, outstanding customer support, and solid client data privacy!