One of the critical steps in forming an LLC is selecting your Wyoming registered agent service.
They either keep your Wyoming business in good standing with the Secretary of State or run the risk of losing important legal documents in the mail or, worse, missing important deadlines.
Finding a registered agent service in Wyoming is easy, but you must find the most suitable for your business entity. To assist you with this, we listed the best registered agent services in Wyoming in this guide.
Top 6 Best Registered Agents in Wyoming (November 2022)
1 - Northwest Registered Agent (Editor's Choice)
Northwest Registered Agent is a top-tier Wyoming registered agent service — they do everything from providing the street address you need to scanning and forwarding every document they receive on your behalf.
On top of that, they notify you of future compliance filing deadlines, ensuring that you file your annual report, franchise tax, and other tax documents on time.
To assure quality service, they also have a US-based customer support team comprised of former attorneys, accountants, small company owners, and entrepreneurs.
- Registered Agent Services: Charges $39 on the first year and renews annually at $125.
- Wyoming LLC Formation: Basic package starts at $125, which includes registered agent services, Privacy by Default®, Local Corporate Guides®, free mail forwarding/scanning, and same-day local document scanning.
- Privacy by Default
- Personalized and excellent customer support
- 20+ years of experience in the industry
- No hidden cost
- Free One-year registered agent service with formation packages
- Not great options for affodability
2 - ZenBusiness
Go for ZenBusiness if you're looking for quality Wyoming registered agent services at an affordable price. They provide complete coverage of registered agent service with the option to upgrade at an additional cost.
ZenBusiness is well-known for its reasonable prices, transparency, user-friendly interface, and customer dedication. They have over 4,500 customer reviews online with an average rating of 4.7/5.
- Registered Agent Services Basic Package: The price starts at $99 without LLC formation.
- Registered Agent Service Worry-Free Compliance Package: Additional $50 per state. Includes annual filing report alerts, filing of legal documents, two free changes to filings, and coverage for any fees incurred if you fall out of compliance with the state.
- Wyoming LLC Formation: Basic package starts at $39, which includes a one-year Wyoming registered agent service and a free operating agreement template.
- Affordable LLC and corporation formations
- Customer support extension hours
- Outstanding positive reviews of clients
- Money-back of 60 days guarantee
- Brand recognition is low
3 - IncFile
If you're a startup or a small business owner, IncFile will make a lot of things easier for you, especially with your starting budget. IncFile is the only service company to offer free LLC formation service.
Additionally, its Wyoming registered agent services are also free in the first year, which already includes 24/7 access to your account on the online dashboard, email forwarding, and customized notifications.
InFile's quality of service is backed by 13,500+ reviews of positive ratings online with only a few poor ones.
They are well-known registered agents for their ease of use and excellent customer service.
- Registered Agent Services: Charges a $119 annual fee but offers a free registered agent service with formation packages.
- Wyoming LLC Formation: Free of charge, so you only have to pay the filing fee due to the Wyoming Secretary of State for the first year.
- Has a registered agent unique dashboard
- Free year registered agent services in all formation packages
- Fast processing of order
- No hidden costs
- Weak support options
4 - LegalZoom
LegalZoom is your best choice if you're looking for a premium Wyoming registered agent as well as a one-stop shop for legal services.
Because they have already established a significant presence in the registered agent services industry, you may anticipate their pricing to be higher than the rest of the competition.
Their registered agent service includes features such as business data protection, a compliance calendar, and unlimited cloud storage. Now, the premium part of their offering is that they also provide you with up to $1 million worth of identity theft protection.
- Registered Agent Services: Charges a $299 annual fee and includes features such as business data protection, a compliance calendar, and unlimited cloud storage. The premium feature offers up to $1 million worth of identity theft protection.
- Wyoming LLC Formation: Business formation services start at $79 + state fee.
- Has high customer volume
- Offers wide a variety of legal services
- Great brand power
- Mediocre customer reviews
- High prices
5 - Harbor Compliance
Harbor Compliance provides everything you need from a registered agent service, from assisting with LLC formation to submitting your statement of information.
They charge a one-time fee of $99 to cover the entire process for a year, with discounts available for multi-year subscriptions.
With great service quality and a maintained A+ rating from the better business bureau, Harbor Compliance is one of the top registered agent services in Wyoming.
Their service features are top-notch and highly convenient for small business owners and entrepreneurs.
- Registered Agent Services: Charges a $99 annual fee, which includes complimentary document scanning, same-day electronic delivery of paperwork, customizable notifications, and more. Bulk discounts are available.
- Wyoming LLC Formation: Basic Formation Package costs $399 plus state fees. It includes a free year of registered agent service.
- Has same-day electronic delivery
- Has automatic process
- Features specialized services
- Free registered agent with formation package
- Expensive prices for services
- Average customer support
6 - Best Wyoming Registered Agent LLC
Best Wyoming Registered Agent LLC is the ideal registered agent service for you if you need one that specializes in all things Wyoming business. They are well-known for their commitment to both service and clientele.
This Wyoming registered agent delivers premium registered agent service at a reasonable cost, allowing them to do business in high volume.
One factor that steers us away from Best Wyoming is the limited consumer feedback available online.
- Registered Agent Services: Charges a $50 annual fee, which includes secure online accounts, a business address, mail forwarding, real-time document delivery, and digital notifications.
- Wyoming LLC Formation: Charges $200 for LLC formation process + one year of free registered agent service and complimentary mail forwarding, up to 5 documents a year.
- Reasonable price of registered agent service
- Personalized customer service
- Secure online accounts
- Fast and effective document delivery
- Limited reviews available online
- Relatively new company in the registered agent service industry
What Are the Benefits of Working With a Registered Agent Service in Wyoming?
It is common for entrepreneurs and startups to be their company's registered agents because it considerably lowers initial costs.
However, we can't deny the apparent benefits of working with a registered agent service that makes the extra fees worthwhile.
Below are some of them:
- It is highly convenient. Many entrepreneurs and business owners want to focus on scaling their businesses instead of dealing with administrative tasks. With the assistance of a registered agent service, they can do just that. The registered agent can handle the tedious paperwork and provide their client with an online account that securely saves all company files and documentation in one location.
- It saves money in the long run. A registered agent can help entrepreneurs with multi-state companies in submitting legal documents and paying state filing fees on time. This way, businesses avoid incurring additional expenses due to being late.
- It provides a layer of privacy. With a registered agent service, you don't have to worry about exposing your personal address on the public record once you create your LLC. Instead, the registered agent service will provide the address, which means that all papers will be served to the registered office address, including if your business is sued.
- It is highly dependable. Things can get complicated quickly if it involves matters of state or corporate law. You may benefit from the services of a registered agent with years of experience working with other business entities. Registered agents can also provide additional legal services that help you run your business well and keep you on the right side of the law.
How Much Does a Registered Agent Service Cost in Wyoming?
The cost of one of the best registered agent services in Wyoming could range anywhere from $100 to $300 per year. Many of these registered agent companies offer additional services as well.
Besides assisting in filing the paperwork to create an LLC, a registered agent service can also help you file annual reports, monitor due dates and renewals, and provide other legal services.
Who Can Be a Wyoming Registered Agent?
Like any other state, Wyoming allows any company or individual to act as a registered agent. This is given that they are at least 18 years old and have a physical address in the state where the LLC is formed.
You actually have four options when it comes to designating a registered agent for your LLC, and your choice will depend on what works best for you.
- Option 1: You can act as your LLC's Wyoming Registered Agent.
- Option 2: Your LLC can be its own Registered Agent.
- Option 3: You can designate a trusted friend or family member as your LLC's Registered Agent.
- Option 4: You can use the services of a Wyoming Registered Agent Company, often known as a Commercial Registered Agent.
Is My LLC Required to Have a Registered Agent in Wyoming?
Yes, your LLC is required to have a registered agent in Wyoming. According to Wyoming state law, every business entity formed and registered with the state must maintain a registered agent and must have a registered office address maintained during business hours.
Can I Be My Own Registered Agent?
Yes, you can be your own registered agent for your LLC. However, hiring a Wyoming registered agent service provides you with peace of mind and convenience and saves you money in the long run.
How Do I Select a Registered Agent in Wyoming?
To select your registered agent in Wyoming, you must list your chosen registered agent's information on the Wyoming Articles of Organization or Articles of Incorporation. For an individual registered agent, list the agent's name, address, and phone number. While for Registered Agent Service, you must list the business name and address.
How Much Does It Cost to Form an LLC in Wyoming?
A $100 filing fee for Articles of Organization sent by mail and $102 for articles filed online are the cost to form an LLC in Wyoming. A $50 LLC name reservation can be filed if you wish to reserve your business's name. LLCs must also pay a $50 annual license tax.
Can Wyoming LLC Have an Out-Of-State Business Address?
Yes, Wyoming LLC can have an Out-of-State Business Address. However, if you want to operate your business in the state where you live, you may be required to register it as a foreign LLC.
Why Is Wyoming the Best State to Start an LLC?
Wyoming is the best state to start an LLC because two of the strongest advantages are tax flexibility (no income tax on companies or individuals) and ease of use (there are no annual meetings required).
BEST Registered Agent in Wyoming is...
Whether you take on the registered agent role yourself or outsource it to another person or business entity, the Wyoming registered agent must keep on top of things. Northwest registered agent is our best pick.
They will help expand your business while saving you time and money and complying with state offices and regulations. The privacy of your business matters will be highly protected.
You will receive a street address for your LLC, and all legal documents received on your behalf will be adequately managed with state regulations. Your tax documents will be filled on time, and all deadlines met, with a high-quality customer support service at your hand.