One of the critical steps in forming an LLC is selecting your Wyoming registered agent service. They either keep your Wyoming business in good standing with the Secretary of State or run the risk of losing important legal documents in the mail or, worse, missing important deadlines.
Finding a registered agent service in Wyoming is easy, but you must find the most suitable for your business entity. To assist you with this, we listed the best registered agent services in Wyoming in this guide.
If you're a startup or a small business owner, IncFile will make a lot of things easier for you, especially with your starting budget. IncFile is the only service company to offer free LLC formation service. Additionally, its Wyoming registered agent services are also free in the first year, which already includes 24/7 access to your account on the online dashboard, email forwarding, and customized notifications.
InFile's quality of service is backed by 13,500+ reviews of positive ratings online with only a few poor ones. They are well-known registered agents for their ease of use and excellent customer service.
IncFile Service Features
- Registered Agent Services: Charges a $119 annual fee but offers a free registered agent service with formation packages.
- Wyoming LLC Formation: Free of charge, so you only have to pay the filing fee due to the Wyoming Secretary of State for the first year.
IncFile Pros & Cons
- Thousands of positive customer reviews
- Has a registered agent dashboard
- Features a virtual mailbox
- Free year registered agent services with formation packages
- Mediocre features on their registered agent service
- Expensive fee in the long run
- No volume discounts on registered agent service
2. Northwest Registered Agent
Northwest Registered Agent is a top-tier Wyoming registered agent service — they do everything from providing the street address you need to scanning and forwarding every document they receive on your behalf.
On top of that, they notify you of future compliance filing deadlines, ensuring that you file your annual report, franchise tax, and other tax documents on time. To assure quality service, they also have a US-based customer support team comprised of former attorneys, accountants, small company owners, and entrepreneurs.
Northwest Registered Agent Service Features
- Registered Agent Services: Charges $39 on the first year and renews annually at $125.
- Wyoming LLC Formation: Basic package starts at $125, which includes registered agent services, Privacy by Default®, Local Corporate Guides®, free mail forwarding/scanning, and same-day local document scanning.
Northwest Registered Agent Pros & Cons
- One year registered agent service with formation packages
- Personalized and excellent customer support
- 20+ years of experience in the industry
- Has volume discounts on registered agent service
- High price in comparison to the competition
Go for ZenBusiness if you're looking for quality Wyoming registered agent services at an affordable price. They provide complete coverage of registered agent service with the option to upgrade at an additional cost.
ZenBusiness is well-known for its reasonable prices, transparency, user-friendly interface, and customer dedication. They have over 4,500 customer reviews online with an average rating of 4.7/5.
ZenBusiness Service Features
- Registered Agent Services Basic Package: Price starts at $99 without LLC formation.
- Registered Agent Service Worry-Free Compliance Package: Additional $50 per state. Includes annual filing report alerts, filing of legal documents, two free changes to filings, and coverage for any fees incurred if you fall out of compliance with the state.
- Wyoming LLC Formation: Basic package starts at $39, which includes a one-year Wyoming registered agent service and a free operating agreement template.
ZenBusiness Pros & Cons
- Oustanding customer feedback
- Affordable LLC and corporation formations
- Free registered agent included with every package
- Low brand recognition
LegalZoom is your best choice if you're looking for a premium Wyoming registered agent as well as a one-stop shop for legal services. Because they have already established a significant presence in the registered agent services industry, you may anticipate their pricing to be higher than the rest of the competition.
Their registered agent service includes features such as business data protection, a compliance calendar, and unlimited cloud storage. Now, the premium part of their offering is that they also provide you with up to $1 million worth of identity theft protection.
LegalZoom Service Features
- Registered Agent Services: Charges a $299 annual fee and includes features such as business data protection, a compliance calendar, and unlimited cloud storage. Premium feature offers up to $1 million worth of identity theft protection.
- Wyoming LLC Formation: Business formation services start at $79 + state fee.
Read More: Cost of LegalZoom for an LLC
LegalZoom Pros & Cons
- Has high customer volume
- Offers wide a variety of legal services
- Great brand power
- Mediocre customer reviews
- High prices
5. Harbor Compliance
Harbor Compliance provides everything you need from a registered agent service, from assisting with LLC formation to submitting your statement of information. They charge a one-time fee of $99 to cover the entire process for a year, with discounts available for multi-year subscriptions.
With great service quality and a maintained A+ rating from the better business bureau, Harbor Compliance is one of the top registered agent services in Wyoming. Their service features are top-notch and highly convenient for small business owners and entrepreneurs.
Harbor Compliance Service Features
- Registered Agent Services: Charges a $99 annual fee, which includes complimentary document scanning, same-day electronic delivery of paperwork, customizable notifications, and more. Bulk discounts are available.
- Wyoming LLC Formation: Basic Formation Package costs $399 plus state fees. It includes a free year of registered agent service.
Harbor Compliance Pros & Cons
- Has same-day electronic delivery
- Has automatic process
- Features specialized services
- Free registered agent with formation package
- Expensive prices for services
- Average customer support
6. Best Wyoming Registered Agent LLC
Best Wyoming Registered Agent LLC is the ideal registered agent service for you if you need one that specializes in all things Wyoming business. They are well-known for their commitment to both service and clientele.
This Wyoming registered agent delivers premium registered agent service at a reasonable cost, allowing them to do business in high volume. One factor that steers us away from Best Wyoming is the limited consumer feedback available online.
Best Wyoming Registered Agent LLC Service Features
- Registered Agent Services: Charges a $50 annual fee, which includes secure online accounts, a business address, mail forwarding, real-time document delivery, and digital notifications.
- Wyoming LLC Formation: Charges $200 for LLC formation process + one year of free registered agent service and complimentary mail forwarding, up to 5 documents a year.
Best Wyoming Registered Agent LLC Pros & Cons
- Reasonable price of registered agent service
- Personalized customer service
- Secure online accounts
- Fast and effective document delivery
- Limited reviews available online
- Relatively new company in the registered agent service industry
What Are the Benefits of Working With a Registered Agent Service in Wyoming?
It is common for entrepreneurs and startups to be their company's registered agents because it considerably lowers initial costs. However, we can't deny the apparent benefits of working with a registered agent service that makes the extra fees worthwhile.
Below are some of them:
- It is highly convenient. Many entrepreneurs and business owners want to focus on scaling their business instead of dealing with administrative tasks. With the assistance of a registered agent service, they can do just that. The registered agent can handle the tedious paperwork and provide their client with an online account that securely saves all company files and documentation in one location.
- It saves money in the long run. A registered agent can help entrepreneurs with multi-state companies in submitting legal documents and paying state filing fees on time. This way, businesses avoid incurring additional expenses due to being late.
- It provides a layer of privacy. With a registered agent service, you don't have to worry about exposing your personal address on the public record once you create your LLC. Instead, the registered agent service will provide the address, which means that all papers will be served to the registered office address, including if your business is sued.
- It is highly dependable. Things can get complicated quickly if it involves matters of state or corporate law. You may benefit from the services of a registered agent with years of experience working with other business entities. Registered agents can also provide additional legal services that help you run your business well and keep you on the right side of the law.
How Much Does a Registered Agent Service Cost in Wyoming?
The cost of one of the best registered agent services in Wyoming could range anywhere from $100 to $300 per year. Many of these registered agent companies offer additional services as well.
Besides assisting in filing the paperwork to create an LLC, a registered agent service can also help you file annual reports, monitor due dates and renewals, and provide other legal services.
Who Can Be a Wyoming Registered Agent?
Like any other state, Wyoming allows any company or individual to act as a registered agent. This is given that they are at least 18 years old and have a physical address in the state where the LLC is formed.
You actually have four options when it comes to designating a registered agent for your LLC, and your choice will depend on what works best for you.
Option 1: You can act as your LLC's Wyoming Registered Agent.
Option 2: Your LLC can be its own Registered Agent.
Option 3: You can designate a trusted friend or family member as your LLC's Registered Agent.
Option 4: You can use the services of a Wyoming Registered Agent Company, often known as a Commercial Registered Agent.
Is My LLC Required to Have a Registered Agent in Wyoming?
Yes. According to Wyoming state law, every business entity formed and registered with the state must maintain a registered agent and must have a registered office address maintained during business hours.
Can I Be My Own Registered Agent?
Yes. You are free to appoint yourself as the registered agent for your LLC. However, hiring a Wyoming registered agent service provides you with peace of mind and convenience and saves you money in the long run.
How Do I Select a Registered Agent in Wyoming?
In order to formally select your Wyoming registered agent, you must list your chosen registered agent's information on the Wyoming Articles of Organization or Articles of Incorporation.
For an Individual Registered Agent, you must list their address, phone number, and name on the document. Meanwhile, if you choose a Registered Agent Service, you must list their business name and business address on the document.
It is important that your registered agent knows and understands their responsibilities, agrees to them, and signs a consent to appointment form.
How Much Does It Cost to Form an LLC in Wyoming?
The Wyoming Secretary of State charges a $100 filing fee for Articles of Organization sent by mail and $102 for articles sent online. If you wish to reserve your business name, you may do so by filing an LLC name reservation for $50. There is also an annual report license tax that LLCs must pay, which is a minimum of $50.
Can Wyoming LLC Have an Out-Of-State Business Address?
Yes. You can form an LLC in Wyoming even if you are out of state. However, if you want to operate your business in the state where you live, you may be required to register it as a foreign LLC.
Why Is Wyoming the Best State to Start an LLC?
There are several reasons why Wyoming is one of the best states to start an LLC. But two of the strongest advantages of forming a Wyoming LLC are tax flexibility (no imposed income taxes on companies or individuals) and ease of use (it does not require annual meetings).
BEST Registered Agent in Wyoming is...
Whether you take on the registered agent role yourself or outsource it to another person or business entity, the Wyoming registered agent must keep on top of things.
Finding the best registered agent service in Wyoming is crucial if you want to expand your business while saving time and money, keeping privacy, and complying with state offices and regulations.
When looking for a Wyoming registered agent, you should constantly examine and review key characteristics such as their service features, ease of use, customer feedback, and cost.
But, whichever service you choose, we hope this guide has been useful to you in assessing your business' needs and finding the most suitable registered agent service.