7 Best Registered Agent Services in Mississippi (2023 Upd.)
If you own a Mississippi-based business, you must have a registered agent service to help you navigate the legal side of your business.
You need to ensure you hire a reliable agent who’ll be responsible for receiving legal documents on your behalf and maintaining up-to-date paperwork required by the Secretary of State.
To help you make an informed selection, we conducted in-depth research on Mississippi-based services and found seven whose pricing plans, turnaround time, and customer support service are actually worth your time.
We also consulted our legal team in evaluating registered agent providers to provide you with honest and unbiased information.
Top 7 Registered Agent Services in Mississippi (November 2023)
1 - Northwest Registered Agent (Best Overall)Would you recommend Northwest Registered Agent (Best Overall)?
Northwest Registered Agent has a strong reputation as the most reliable agent service.
They will provide a Mississippi registered office address, legal notices, and a notice from the Mississippi Secretary of State.
We used their registered agent service, and each step was explained to us. According to our experience, you will receive ongoing help because they allocate agents to each client account.
If you create an LLC through them, the first year of this service is free.
As per our expertise, lots of add-ons are unnecessarily pricey, but this didn't push us away, as their no-pressure upsells and transparent fees are a big plus.
We also discovered that IncFile has more affordable pricing compared to Northwest Registered Agent, which has a faster turnaround time and more professional and faster customer service.
For these features and faster formation, we recommend them.
- Registered Agent Services ($125): The first year of registered agent service is free if you form your LLC with Northwest.
- Basic LLC Formation Plan ($39 + $54 State Fee): This package includes articles of incorporation, an operating agreement, and a one-year free registered agent service. It provides also standard and fast processing rates.
- Full Service LLC Formation Plan ($225 + $54 State Fee): This bundle includes same-day filing, registered agent service for a full year, an operating agreement, and a client account with free forms and services.
- Has client data privacy protection
- Unmatched customer support service
- Has over 20 years of experience in compliance service
- No hidden service fees
- Their free registered agent service is not attached to formation packages
- One of the most expensive premium services
2 - ZenBusiness (Best Essentials)Would you recommend ZenBusiness (Best Essentials)?
ZenBusiness is often the first choice for small businesses and entrepreneurs looking for the most affordable price point in Mississippi.
When you purchase its Mississippi registered agent services for the first year, it costs $199, which is much cheaper than other companies.
This is why gig workers, freelancers, and event real estate investors can benefit from this service.
Our legal experts used ZenBusiness's premium service. We were impressed with the transparency, affordability, and customer dedication they gave us.
After evaluating their Mississippi registered agent company, we noticed that some of their processes are still in development.
They are a young company, this is best seen in a slower turnaround time.
Working with them has its drawbacks, but the biggest is that their packages don't include a free registered agent service for your Mississippi company.
Since they don't have hidden add-ons or upsells, we recommend them.
- Registered Agent Services Basic Package ($199): You'll get the registered agent services during the formation process and pay a fee of $199 after the business is formed. This fee renews annually at $199.
- Starter LLC Formation Package ($0 + $54 State Fee): This bundle includes ordinary filing speed (often 2 to 3 weeks), cost and deduction tracking, and a guarantee of 100% compliance. The package offers a one-month trial for Money Pro Bookkeeping, Banking, and Website Builder services. You'll also get an optional worry-free compliance in the first year at a renewal fee of $199/yr if accepted.
- Pro LLC Formation Package ($199 + $54 State Fee): This bundle includes all Starter features plus the quickest rush filling speed of between 1 to 2 days. You'll also get a guided operating agreement ($99) and an Employer Identification Number.
- Premium LLC Formation Package ($349 + $54 State Fee): It does include all Pro features, a domain name, business document templates, an email address, and a customizable company website.
- Has competitive pricing of Registered Agent Services
- Backed by positive customer reviews
- Has reliable service with extended hours of access to customer support
- Offer a 60-days refund policy
- Not as popular as other registered agent services in the industry
3 - IncFile (Most Affordable)Would you recommend IncFile (Most Affordable)?
Charging zero dollars in the first year, IncFile provides the lowest prices for representation services among the companies on our list.
However, it only comes with the LLC formation package and can’t be purchased separately.
IncFile is definitely one of the most affordable registered agent services in the business, but its biggest pain point is its customer service.
We could benefit from faster turnaround time and more extended hours. Their customer support is available only during the week, which is tricky if an emergency arises on the weekend.
Hiring IncFile comes with a full year of registered agent service for free in all their plans. We loved their real-time order tracking tool and specialized dashboard.
Overall, we loved the great pricing, but live chat support was something that we could benefit from.
- Registered Agent Services ($119): IncFile will give you a free year of registered agent service if you decide to form your LLC with them. After that, the renewal fee will be $119 every year. It includes a customizable Dashboard for easy online access to your files.
- Free Silver LLC Formation Package ($0 + $54 State Fee): This package will offer you the preparation and filing of Articles of Organization and unlimited name searches. Also, there is a year of free registered agent service.
- IncFile Gold LLC Formation Package ($199 + $54 State Fee): With the silver bundle included, there is also an EIN business tax number, IRS Form 2553, an operational agreement, and tax advice for the firm.
- Platinum LLC Formation Package ($299 + $54 State Fee): The plan includes the Gold Package. It also provides free company websites, domain registration, business contract templates, and the option to file for free the next day.
- Provides access to a reliable and effective online dashboard
- Free Registered Agent Services in the first year with LLC formation packages
- Hassle-free order processing
- No hidden and automatic charges
- Minimal options for customer support
4 - Rocket Lawyer (Best Premium)
Rocket Lawyer is a reputable all-in-one legal solution in Mississippi. One thing that sets it apart from the companies we mentioned in this list is its monthly subscription service arrangements.
Rocket Lawyer delivers consistently good customer service, as seen by its numerous favorable Google reviews and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
It provides help via live chat and email, and phone-based customer support is available seven days a week.
As of writing, it has already assisted more than 7 million businesses with any form of legal service, including representation services.
- Registered Agent Service ($149.99 for non-members): The monthly membership fee is $39.99. Members are eligible for a 25% discount.
- LLC Formation Package ($99.99 + $54 State Fee): You may be eligible for free legal paperwork and attorney services, as well as a free LLC creation and a 25% discount on registered agent services. It's free with a $39.99 monthly membership.
- Outstanding customer support
- Well-experienced Registered Agent Service
- Offers a subscription-based pricing
- No free Registered Agent Service on their LLC formation service
- Quite expensive compared to other Registered Agent Services
5 - MyCompanyWorks
MyCompanyWorks guarantees that your company complies with state regulations. We highly value their service due to an extra element of privacy, ensuring that your information is not shared with anyone else.
Another fantastic selling factor is their 90-day return policy, which protects you if disappointed.
In our experience, updating a mailing address online was simple, and we received fast alerts.
If you wish to replace an existing registered agent, we recommend them since they will supply you with an easy-to-fill online form and the appropriate costs.
- Registered Agent Service ($99): Both the Entrepreneur Package and the Complete Package provide a free first year of registered agent service.
- Basic LLC Formation Package ($59 + $54 State Fee): For $59, MyCompanyWorks will draft the LLC operating agreement.
- Entrepreneur LLC Formation Package ($179 + $54 State Fee): Users will be offered everything the Basic Package includes. In addition, they will get lifetime forms & tax guides, one-year registered agent service, and a federal tax ID.
- Complete LLC Formation Package ($259 + $54 State Fee): All service elements from the previous two tiers are included in the premium plan, as well as initial and yearly report filing service, compliance lock notifications, automated minutes and resolutions, business entity monitoring, and priority assistance.
- Personalized help desk
- No automatic subscriptions
- Efficient onboarding process
- Low-registered agent brand power
- Little online customer feedback
6 - Harbor Compliance
If you're looking for the best commercial registered agents in Mississippi on a budget, you can never go wrong with Harbor Compliance.
They offer customers a one-time fee that covers the entire registered agent service for a full year, with generous discounts for subscriptions in multiple years.
This Pennsylvania-based national registered agent has an impressive track record of working with over 20,000 companies, corporations, and nonprofits to meet their compliance-related needs.
Looking at their client feedback, we’ve concluded that Harbor Compliance has maintained an A+ customer rating from BBB.
- Registered Agent Service ($88): The annual charges range from $89 to $99 per state, with no additional fees. If you pay for registered agent services in advance for more than two years, you can save 5-10%.
- LLC Formation Package ($99 + $54 State Fee): Has a single LLC formation package that includes essential LLC formation services in Mississippi, entails preparing and filing your articles of incorporation with the state, as well as confirming the availability of a name.
- Offers the lowest fee
- Has a user-friendly online portal
- Registered Agent comes free with their LLC formation package
- Average customer support service
- No special feature on their Mississippi Registered Agent Services
7 - LegalZoom
LegalZoom has been operating since 1999, with millions of satisfied customers. In Mississippi, they offer comprehensive legal services unique to each business' needs.
LegalZoom is 7th on our list due to its high pricing. One important factor we're considering is the registered agent's competitive pricing.
LegalZoom understands the value of its brand and charges customers accordingly. Their services include features from other companies at a lower price.
But, if you're a Mississippi business owner who values experience and brand power more than the price tag, consider LegalZoom for your LLC.
- Registered Agent Services ($299): To establish an LLC alongside them, the initial year carries a price tag of $249, while subsequent renewals demand $299. The features encompass email notifications, a Compliance Calendar, and boundless cloud storage. You'll also get a $1 M cover in case of identity theft.
- LLC Basic Formation Package ($0 + $54 State Fee): This package comprises a digital welcoming packet, a thorough name search, a website that can be personalized according to individual preferences, and articles of organization.
- LLC Pro Formation Package ($249 + $54 State Fee): The package includes all the features in the Basic plan. It, additionally, offers, a thorough consultation on business licensing matters. You'll also receive an EIN, an operating agreement, as well as the benefit of initial phone consultations to address concerns related to taxes and insurance.
- LLC Premium Formation Package ($299 + $54 State Fee): It consists of the Pro package with the addition of a comprehensive tutorial from a knowledgeable Mississippi-based lawyer. Moreover, you'll also benefit from LLC formation document revisions and an unrestricted 30-minute consultation with a business attorney to address current legal issues within the initial three months of subscribing.
- Widely recognized brand name
- Has a high customer volume
- Offers a broad range of legal assistance
- Extremely high price points
- No included Registered Agent Service on their LLC formation service
Benefits of a Registered Agent Service in Mississippi?
Before you think twice about using a Mississippi registered agent service after knowing how much it would cost, it is important that you know and understands its benefits.
Below are some of them :
1. Privacy Protection
If you use a Mississippi registered agent service, their physical street address will be listed in the public record. This becomes beneficial, especially if you operate your business from home.
A registered agent acts as privacy protection for you. It also prevents solicitors, junk mail, and legal notices from being sent to your home or office.
Instead, all paperwork and legal notices are delivered to the registered agent's office address.
With a Mississippi registered agent service, you don't have to worry about not receiving official papers, missing court summons, or paying fines due to delayed required submissions.
The best-registered agent can accept all service processes during regular business hours and deliver them to your electronic mail on the same day.
Mississippi registered agents also maintain your LLC's records organized and accessible at all times. This way, it is much easier for your LLC to comply with legal requirements and stay in good standing with the state.
3. Multi-state Services
Most Mississippi registered agents provide the option to use their services in other states outside Mississippi. This is important for businesses with existing foreign LLCs or plans to expand in multiple states.
Plus, if you work with just one registered agent, you won't have to juggle back and forth between services to monitor your compliance status.
How Costly Is a Registered Agent Service in Mississippi?
A registered agent service in Mississippi costs between $50 to $300 annually. However, the total cost depends on the type of company you choose and the service plans or features you think your LLC needs.
If you value premium services for your LLC, this will drastically increase the cost of starting an LLC in Mississippi.
Qualifications for a Mississippi Registered Agent
There are three main requirements for a Mississippi registered agent.
- First, the individual or business entity must be over 18.
- Second, they must have a business address in Mississippi.
- Third, they must be available to receive SOPs during regular business hours.
Your Mississippi registered agent can be the LLC owner, the LLC itself, a family member or trusted friend, or a registered agent service company.
If you aren't satisfied with your current registered agent, you can easily change registered agent in Mississippi.
Our Selection Process
In selecting the best-registered agent service in Mississippi, we considered the following factors:
Our main priority here was the availability and quality of customer support.
We looked for companies that offer phone, email, and live chat. We also wanted to ensure that the customer service representatives were knowledgeable and quick in response.
Our ultimate list of services provides the best combination of customer support and resources.
2. Service Features
Service features are important when buying a registered agent package. We rounded up Mississippi agents offering all essential service features in their low and higher-pricing plans.
Because a registered agent does not actively contribute to business operations, most business owners will choose the least-priced choice.
On the other hand, a high-priced registered agent service does not automatically equate to a reliable and value-packed representation service.
So, rather than just seeking the lowest possible price, we compare the cost of any particular service against its dependability and total value.
4. Turnaround time
Another crucial aspect we considered is turnaround time since registered agents’ major tasks are to file and process formation documents with the state.
Typically, LLC processing time in Mississippi might take up to 30 business days, but there are services that offer expedited filing alternatives, providing you with the comfort and simplicity you want.
Does the Mississippi Secretary of State Require a Registered Agent?
Yes, the Mississippi Secretary of State requires a registered agent for every business entity formed and registered to the Mississippi Secretary of State. If you fail to list a resident agent upon submission, your LLC formation documents will be rejected by the state.
Can I Act as My Own Registered Agent in Mississippi?
Yes, you can act as your own registered agent in Mississippi. If you are over 18 years old, have a registered office address in Mississippi, and are available to receive official documents during normal business hours, there should be no problem in appointing yourself as your own registered agent.
Why Is It Best for Me to Hire a Registered Agent Service in Mississippi?
It is best for you to hire a registered agent service in Mississippi because it makes your LLC state and legal documents organized and well-monitored. This way, you prevent missing important filing deadlines and keep your LLC in good standing with the state.
Can I Switch to a New Registered Agent ?
Yes, you can switch to a new registered agent in Mississippi. In order to do that, you must fill out and file the Certificate of Amendment. It must be submitted online since the state no longer accepts submissions by mail.
How Much Does It Cost to Change My Registered Agent in Mississippi?
It costs $50 to change your registered agent in Mississippi.
Can I Use a PO Box for My Registered Agent Office in Mississippi?
No, you can't use a PO box for your registered agent office in Mississippi. Instead, your Mississippi business must appoint a registered agent and office with a physical street address within the state.
Is My Registered Agent Required to Be in Mississippi?
Yes, your registered agent is required to be in Mississippi, regardless of whether they are commercial or noncommercial registered agents. Individual statutory agents must live in Mississippi, while business entity statutory agents must have a domestic physical address or have the authority to do representation services in Mississippi.
Best Registered Agent Service in Mississippi
Hiring an industry-leading Mississippi registered agent service is important to avoid mismanagement that could result in fines or the dissolution of your business.
We recommend Northwest Registered Agent because they are the perfect combination of affordability and quality service.
When you read their client feedback on different review platforms, nearly all praise their customer-focused registered agent service.
Overall, Northwest Registered Agent provided us with the quality service and support we needed to ensure our LLC was compliant and running smoothly.