So you've decided to form an LLC as a business entity in Utah and are looking to hire an LLC formation service provider to handle the legwork for you. Well, first, determining the best LLC service for your business will depend on some factors, including what you need, the type of business you have, and other services you may want for your Utah LLC.
To help you with this, we've listed the leading LLC services in Utah and discussed what makes them the top choice, as well as their benefits and drawbacks and other service features.
ZenBusiness features a high-quality LLC service and affordable business formation packages that are perfect for any Utah business and entrepreneur.
Despite being established only in 2015, this LLC formation service company has already formed over 300,000 LLCs nationwide and has a 4.7/5 rating based on 4,500 online customer reviews.
Providing three LLC formation package tiers, ZenBusiness has the most well-rounded LLC formation package available today.
Their most basic package starts at $39, which includes one-year Utah registered agent service and a free operating agreement template. Plus, they provide discounts available for other legal services.
ZenBusiness Service Features
- Starter Formation Package: Includes Free CPA assessment, LLC formation, one-year registered agent service, and a free operating agreement template.
- Pro package: Includes EIN (Employer Identification Number) registration, VIP processing, handling of annual report filings, and two yearly amendments.
- Premium package: Includes rush filing, business domain name, website email address, and domain privacy.
- Registered Agent Services: All three of its LLC formation packages include a full year of free registered agent service. The service then renews annually for $119 or $99 a la carte.
- Features cost-effective LLC formation packages
- Responsive and personalized customer service
- Outstanding customer feedback online
- Includes one year of registered agent service
- Does not have much experience since they are a relatively new company
- Requires paying an additional $70 to get an EIN for basic packages
IncFile is one of the very few Utah LLC formation services that doesn't charge business owners or entrepreneurs for their business formation services.
Yes, you read that right. The only other fees you have to pay are Utah state fees, address fees, and certification fees, and you're done–everything else will be handled by IncFile!
Meanwhile, their customer service department is also plausible with its rapid response time. This is corroborated by over 10,000 customer reviews, nearly all of which have perfect five-star ratings.
The only drawback that we see with IncFile is its third-party offers, and few upsells. Nonetheless, it's still a good LLC formation service if you don't mind such promotional partnerships and upsells.
IncFile Service Features
- Free Silver Package: Includes Utah LLC formation, one year of free registered agent service, and lifetime company compliance alerts.
- Incfile Gold: Includes preparation of operating agreement, banking resolution, and EIN registration.
- Platinum Package: Adds free business website and domain name, business contract templates, and priority expedited filing.
- Registered Agent Services: Includes a free year of registered agent service. The service then renews annually for $119.
- Has free LLC service
- Ideal for a low-budget startup
- Includes one year of free registered agent service
- Over 98% of positive customer reviews online
- Has a few upsells and third-party offers
- Requires paying an extra fee to get an EIN registration
- Company alerts are quite overwhelming
Northwest Registered Agent
Providing LLC formation services since 1998, Northwest Registered Agent has already made a name for itself for having top-notch customer support in the industry and an affordable LLC formation package.
Northwest Registered Agent's LLC formation pricing starts at $39 and includes a free year of registered agent service, keeping your initial costs low.
Plus, their highly trained customer support team can assist you through each stage of the formation process.
You may also contact them at any moment if you have any questions or require assistance.
Northwest Registered Agent Service Features
- Base Formation Package: Includes all paperwork required for the LLC formation process, such as name searches, registration, and filing of all formation documents. Plus, the 1-year free registered agent is included.
- Deluxe Package: Includes services from the base package plus access to an Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- Registered Agent Services: Includes a free year of registered agent service. The service then renews annually for $125.
- Outstanding customer service
- Includes one year of registered agent service
- Has a mail forwarding service
- Limited features in their packages
- Doesn't have many customer reviews online
If you're looking for an online one-stop shop for legal services, LegalZoom is your best choice.
This Utah LLC formation service provider has an outstanding track record for assisting over 4 million people and businesses in various ways since its founding in 2011, half of which involve the formation of LLCs.
However, since LegalZoom has been in business for a long time and has developed a strong brand identity, its LLC formation packages come at a much higher price than those offered by some of the other companies on this list.
Their entry-level package is reasonable but not as feature-rich as ZenBusiness and IncFile. Nonetheless, they aren't the strongest brand in the LLC formation service industry for nothing.
LegalZoom Service Features
- LLC formation Economy Package: Price starts at $79 + Utah state fee. Includes basic LLC filing services.
- Basic Economy Package: Price starts at $329 + Utah state fee. Adds business name search, Peace of Mind Review™ compliance check, and 30-minute tax savings consultation.
- Standard Package: Price starts at $349 + Utah state fee. Adds deluxe organizer and official certificates and seal.
- Express Gold Package: Price starts at $349 + Utah state fee. Adds express shipping and VIP processing.
- Business Advisory Plan: Offers tax advice, attorney help, and access to legal forms.
- Registered Agent Services: Costs $159 in the first year if added to a formation package. The service then renews annually for $249.
- Established brand in LLC formation services
- Extended customer support hours
- Extensive legal services for your Utah LLC
- High client volume
- LLC formation packages don't include a lot of features
- No registered agent included
- Many upsell to high-priced add-on services
Read More: Legal Zoom for an LLC Cost
Advantages of Creating an LLC in Utah
There are many advantages of forming an LLC for your Utah business. This type of business structure offers the best of both worlds, from personal liability protection to flexibility in tax options. Read below for more information.
Personal Liability Protection
Incorporating LLC as a Utah business entity can keep you and your business assets protected from personal creditors in Utah. But, LLCs do more than protect small businesses from debt collectors. They also protect owners from potential personal liability incurred or brought on by other members of the LLC.
Flexible Profit Distribution
There is a Utah LLC Act that gives members the benefit of being able to customize their capital contributions, as well as the distribution and share of profits and losses. It also allows members to form voting and non-voting classes of membership.
Forming an LLC in Utah gives you an advantage over forming a corporation, especially with taxation. As an LLC, you can access pass-through taxation, which means that your Utah LLC will not have to pay taxes twice, unlike most large corporations, which are required to pay taxes at both the corporate and personal levels.
Section 48-3-104 of the Utah LLC Act provides unlimited life for LLCs in Utah. Therefore, the LLC can exist beyond the lifetimes of its members.
Growing Business Economy
Utah is one of the fastest-growing states in America, which is a good signal for the state's economy and prospective clients for you. In addition, the state has the best funding access in the country, so getting financial assistance is easier from the start.
Utah LLC Formation Process
The Utah Secretary of State does not require every entrepreneur or business owner to hire an LLC formation service company. Meaning you are allowed to complete the process yourself. Below are eight simple steps to start your Utah LLC:
- Step 1: Choose a Name for Your LLC
- Step 2: Choose a Registered Agent in Utah
- Step 3: File Certificate of Organization With the State
- Step 4: Make a Utah LLC Operating Agreement
- Step 5: Obtain an EIN
- Step 6: Open Your LLC Bank Account
- Step 7: Get Business Insurance for Your Utah LLC
- Step 8: Obtain Business Licenses
Things to Look For in an LLC
There are a few factors to consider when selecting among Utah LLC formation services.
Some of the qualities of the best LLC services to look for are as follows:
- Competitive pricing of packages: Consider a reasonably priced bundle that includes all of the tools to establish your own business.
- Ease of use: The order process of forming a business should be simple. An LLC formation service with an easy-to-use internet interface is also a plus as it gives a better online experience.
- Customer support: For a hassle-free and worry-free experience, LLC formation services with a quick response time are the ideal option.
- Proven track record: Customer reviews are there for a reason. Check to see if the firm has an excellent track record and client reviews. These things are easily found online.
How to Lookup an LLC in Utah?
Visit the Utah Secretary of State Business Services Division website and use the business search tool to lookup registered LLCs. Then, type in your desired LLC name. If the results returned to show business entities that are not overly similar to yours or find no matching entity name, you are free to use it.
On the other hand, if the Utah business search results find limited liability companies' name that resembles or is identical to your target name, you are not allowed to use them.
How to Dissolve an LLC in Utah?
In Utah, there are five steps to properly dissolve an LLC:
- Step 1: Follow the LLC Operating Agreement
- Step 2: Notify Interested Parties
- Step 3: Close LLC Business Accounts
- Step 4: Obtain Tax Clearance for the Utah LLC
- Step 5: File Utah LLC Articles of Dissolution
How Long Does It Take To Form My LLC in Utah?
The turnaround time for the approval of your LLC formation in Utah will depend on the service you choose or how loaded the paperwork is in the Utah Department of Commerce. But, generally speaking, online filing takes up to 2 business days, while in-person filing takes around 7 to 10 business days.
How Much Does Forming an LLC Cost in Utah?
Forming an LLC in Utah costs $70. This is the filing fee for the certificate of organization due to the Utah Department of Commerce.
Do I Need an LLC Service?
It depends on what you need at the moment. The Secretary of State does not require hiring LLC services for your business formation, so you can actually do the process on your own. However, if you don't want to deal with all of the paperwork that comes with the LLC formation process, then you might want to consider acquiring LLC services.
Do I Need My Own Registered Agent for My Utah LLC?
Yes, Utah LLCs are required to designate a registered agent. They receive and handle legal documents, government correspondence, and more on behalf of the Utah LLC.
If you prefer, you can be your own registered agent or work with professional registered agent service. By hiring a registered agent for your Utah LLC, you can avoid late fees and maintain compliance with important filing deadlines.
How Many Small Businesses Are There in Utah Today?
Currently, Utah has over 300,000 small businesses located throughout the state, and each year Utah forms over 26,000 new LLCs. It is a great location to venture into business ownership and operation.
How to Choose the Best LLC Service in Utah for You...
Though there are many Utah LLC formation services that may assist you in forming your LLC, these three companies provide the most dependable and best LLC services. They're all reasonably priced and simple to use. However, your pick will still be determined by what you are searching for in a service.
We recommend ZenBusiness if you want a well-rounded service and IncFile if you want the best value in service. We suggest NorthWest Registered Agent for excellent client service and LegalZoom for reputable and solid brand power.
At the end of the day, whatever your choice is, we hope this guide has helped you pick the right and best Utah LLC formation service for your business.