7 Best Registered Agent Services in Oklahoma to Try in 2024
According to the Oklahoma Secretary of State, Oklahoma features over 150 registered agent service providers, offering various options for businesses of all sizes and industries.
To start a business in Oklahoma, you must stick to a number of legal procedures, including selecting a registered agent to accept legal paperwork on your behalf.
As an experienced business consultant with a deep understanding of LLC formation services, I gathered a team of experts to test different companies and choose the best registered agent service, so you don't have to.
We took into consideration features like pricing, turnaround, and customer service and created a list of the finest companies in Oklahoma to work with.
Our Top Products (February 2024)
1 - Northwest Registered Agent (Best Overall)Would you recommend Northwest Registered Agent (Best Overall)?
Northwest Registered Agent is one of the top web services to use when creating your business online.
We used this well-known company to test the formation of an LLC, and from our experience, you will receive ongoing help as they assign agents to each client account.
Northwest offers a special plan for LLC formation at only $39, which includes a free registered agent service for the first year. This special offer is available exclusively when you sign up through our link.
During our trial, this service helped us file our business formation paperwork and expertise from their employees made us feel guided through every step.
We were confident that Northwest Registered Agent respects customer privacy and that their web portal is secure because they don't sell client information to third parties.
Northwest offers a wide range of business services, but there is no EIN in their plans which could make their offer more complete, in our opinion.
- Registered Agent Service ($125): The first year of the Oklahoma registered agent service fee is free if you hire Northwest to form your LLC. This service includes free mail forwarding, expert corporate guides, and privacy by default.
- Full Service LLC Formation Plan ($225 + $104 State Fee): Full Service Oklahoma Formation Plan includes same business day filing, and a full year of registered agent service. This plan is great if you want to benefit from free limited mail forwarding, an operating agreement that covers rules, regulations, and provisions.
- Acclaimed customer support is responsive and knowledgeable.
- Exclusive discount for Venture Smarter readers translates to savings.
- A 25-year history in business signifies reliability.
- Prioritizes your privacy by not selling customer data.
- Transparent pricing ensures no hidden service fees.
- 90-day refund policy guarantees peace of mind and satisfaction.
- Requires appointment as a registered agent for LLC formation.
- Absence of BBB accreditation might concern some customers.
2 - ZenBusiness (Best Essentials)Would you recommend ZenBusiness (Best Essentials)?
ZenBusiness comes with low-cost LLC formation packages. Their plans are tailored to meet the needs of every business and each client in Oklahoma.
We tried ZenBusiness to form an LLC, including their registered agent service, and from our experience, their service was more than fair.
As a team with years long experience in forming LLCs, we are not easily impressed, but their Starter Plan stood out to us - it is the perfect package when you are on a very tight budget.
Their extended customer support hours are more than handy when you have a burning problem.
In my experience, pricey EIN service and registered agent service are the biggest cons.
Compliance alerts, no upsells, and a 100% accuracy guarantee were enough to invest in their $199 per year registered agent service.
- Basic Registered Agent Service ($199): A registered agent, plus access to online legal documents, and professional guidance.
- ZenBusiness Starter Plan ($0 + $104 State Fee): This plan covers Oklahoma's standard corporate filing service, which includes name search. The standard filing speed (2 to 3 weeks) applies here which is ok if you are not in a rush. With Starter option you will get free first month of banking and bank account, and a bookkeeping for tax saving and feature to send invoices for faster payments.
- ZenBusiness Pro Plan ($199 + $104 State Fee): With Pro Plan, you will get faster expedited filing speed (1 to 2 business days). This plan provides additional Oklahoma LLC formation services compared to Starter like an EIN and an operating agreement that should streamline internal and external relationships, including structure and legal protection.
- ZenBusiness Premium Plan ($349 + $104 State Fee): ZenBusiness Premium Plan offers everything from the Pro plan and adds business document templates for faster repetitive tasks. With this plan you will get all the features for seamless digital presence, including domain name registration, domain privacy, and business email address.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to social responsibility and community engagement.
- Supports small businesses through services and grant programs.
- Offers a quick and straightforward purchasing process.
- Provides the flexibility to include a Registered Agent.
- Incurs an additional fee for annual report filing and compliance.
- Limited customer support hours may not meet all user needs.
3 - Bizee (Most Affordable)Would you recommend Bizee (Most Affordable)?
From my own journey of setting up a business, Bizee (formerly Incfile) stood out as one of the most affordable registered agent services in Oklahoma. Their approach was both professional and budget-friendly.
Their most basic LLC formation plan is free, and we decided to test it and compare it to paid plans.
With Bizee I had to pay for one year and I was good to go. I didn't have to sign a contract, which is a perk that I loved.
From their side, I had continuous support and care. They also sent me updates on my annual report.
Customer support hours could be longer on weekends, and the usual response time via email is within 24 hours, which can be a stepping stone when there is an emergency.
- Registered Agent Services ($119/year): Oklahoma registered agent service is free for the first year if made with an LLC formation package, and after the first year, the renewal will be $119 per year.
- Silver Plan ($0 + $104 State Fee): Silver Package includes preparing & filing the articles of organization, unlimited name searches, free registered agent service for a year, and unlimited phone & email support.
- Gold Plan ($199 + $104 State Fee): Gold Package contains everything the Silver Package features plus EIN Business Tax Number, IRS Form 2553, operating agreement, banking resolution, lifetime company alerts, online access dashboard, business banking account, and business tax consultation.
- Platinum Plan ($299 + $104 State Fee): Platinum Package includes everything from the Gold Package, plus business contract templates, free next day filing, and domain name + business email.
Bizee registered agent also gives you a dashboard where you can access your online account and manage alerts regarding compliance and filing.
- Get a free 1-year Registered Agent service.
- Demonstrated credibility spanning 25 years.
- Affordable Registered Agent priced at $119.
- User-friendly dashboard for easy access.
- Document scanning may experience occasional delays.
- Customer support is limited to weekdays.
4 - LegalZoom (Best Premium)
When I first started my entrepreneurial journey, LegalZoom was frequently recommended to me. It's no surprise given they're one of the most renowned registered agent services and LLC formation providers in Oklahoma.
For small businesses and business entities, the company provides basic registered agent packages that are affordable and reliable.
From my experience, their basic registered agent packages were the right fit for my brand-new business. They provide a wide range of business creation services to meet all of your needs.
They also filed my compliance on time hence I eliminated state penalties while also allowing me to choose my own working hours.
- Registered Agent Service ($299): The first year's fee for establishing your LLC with them is set at $249 while the succeeding renewals will be $299. This inclusive package features limitless online storage, an allotment of one million dollars for identity theft security measures, and email alerts.
- Basic LLC Formation Package ($0 + $104 State Fee): The plan includes a comprehensive name search, articles of organization, a complete digital LLC welcome packet, and a customizable website powered by Wix.
- Pro LLC Formation Package ($249 + $104 State Fee): The plan constitutes everything in the Basic plan along with an initial consultation on taxes and insurance, an EIN, an operating agreement, and a detailed business licenses guide.
- Premium LLC Formation Package ($299 + $104 State Fee): The package includes all of the essential features of the Pro plan plus hands-on proficient guidance from a local lawyer. Furthermore, your formation documents will be reviewed and amended where necessary, and you'll have the opportunity to consult your attorney for 30 minutes anytime within the initial three months of signing up.
- Offers expert legal counsel and guidance.
- Streamlines document management with cloud storage.
- Diverse array of free business templates.
- LLC services may have higher associated costs.
- Top-tier registered agent service with premium pricing.
- Continuous efforts to upsell supplementary services.
5 - Swyft Filings
Swyft Filings, with its flexible pricing model and quick turnaround times, can be a great alternative for basic Oklahoma LLC formations or incorporations.
Swyft Filings was established by senior personnel to make it simpler for startups to open their LLCs in Oklahoma.
The brand is famous for its personalized service and quick response time on LLC formation which we experienced firsthand during our trial.
They have experts who can assist you with businesses of different sizes.
We appreciate them for their fast turnaround time, as we got an answer to every question within a day.
Swyft Filings is the cost-effective choice for forming a limited liability company, particularly if you choose their basic package.
- Registered Agent Service ($99): Oklahoma registered agent service costs $99 per three months, and this will be an ongoing quarterly subscription, according to a sales representative.
- Basic Plan ($0 + $104 State Fee): Basic Oklahoma Package gets your business approved by the states, free 30-business tax consultation, and a free domain name.
- Standard Plan ($199 + $104 State Fee): Standard Oklahoma Package includes everything in the basic package and you also get an additional Federal Tax ID (EIN) and most documents needed to start your business (operating agreement, banking resolution, and organizational minutes).
- Premium Plan ($299 + $104 State Fee): Premium Oklahoma Package includes all Basic and Standard Plan features and additional ones, including free eDelivery of state documents (docs uploaded to account for ease of access), customized digital LLC kit, and free business website and web hosting.
- User-friendly, intuitive website design.
- Strong reputation for responsive customer support.
- Consistently high ratings on trusted review platforms.
- Registered agent services not included.
- Registered Agent cost increases in the second year.
6 - Harbor Compliance
During my early days of business setup, I turned to Harbor Compliance for assistance. Their blend of competitive pricing and steadfast customer support truly made a difference.
Their registered agent service enables instant online access to registered agent addresses.
They do not offer a refund, but there was no need to ask for one as they handled every issue that I had.
There is a discount for first-time customers and they compete on price with other Oklahoma registered agent services.
The biggest downside of working with Harbor Compliance was that the registered agent service is not included in their formation plans.
- Registered Agent Service ($89-$99): Oklahoma registered agent service costs from $89 to $99 annually per state with no additional charges, and you get a 5-10% discount if you pay ahead for registered agent services for +2 years.
- Formation Plan ($99 + $104 State Fee): Oklahoma Formation Package includes checking name availability, preparing and filing your articles of organization with the state.
- One-on-one expert consultations.
- Comprehensive service lineup.
- Responsive customer support team.
- Higher cost compared to peers.
- Mixed customer service reviews.
7 - Oklahoma Registered Agent Service
This service focuses on making the LLC procedure quick and simple for you.
From our experience, you will immediately be able to log in to your internet account once you register for their agent service for $49 per year.
Their signup process is relatively easy which saved us a lot of time, and you can be done in a few minutes.
Another thing about this service that we loved is that you can use their agent's name and address on your state forms.
Their site could be more user-friendly, but we loved that all prices are listed and every service is explained.
- Registered Agent Services ($49/year): Includes a reminder to file your annual reports on time, online account and dashboard, annual statements, and optional contract renewal.
- Registered Agent service offers a security account where you can save all of your company documents
- No hidden costs
- Lacks brand awareness
- Offers zero discounts on bundle purchases
Why Should You Trust Us
Venture Smarter stands as your premier guide in selecting a registered agent in Oklahoma, backed by our extensive experience and a deep understanding of the local business environment. Venture Smarter team, with a rich background in legal, financial, and strategic consultancy, brings a century’s worth of collective expertise to ensure your business complies with Oklahoma's legal requirements.
The Venture Smarter team, leveraging our vast experience in business consultancy, has meticulously evaluated various registered agent services in Oklahoma. Our approach is rooted in first-hand experiences and legal knowledge, ensuring that our recommendations are not just comprehensive but also tailored to meet the unique challenges and opportunities within the Oklahoma business landscape.
Understanding the intricacies of Oklahoma's business regulations, the Venture Smarter team has identified the top registered agent services that cater specifically to the needs of Oklahoma entrepreneurs. Our selection process goes beyond basic features; we consider customer feedback, legal compliance, and the specific nuances of operating a business in Oklahoma.
At Venture Smarter, transparency and integrity are at the core of our mission. Our reviews and recommendations are the result of unbiased, evidence-based evaluations. When you choose a registered agent service based on our guidance, you're leveraging the collective expertise of a team dedicated to your business's success and compliance.
What Should I Consider When Choosing a Registered Agent in Oklahoma
We reviewed several top picks for the best registered agent services in Oklahoma.
Our analysis covered essential elements like cost, speed, customer service, and first-hand experiences with some of these services.
This comprehensive approach helped us understand each service's strengths and weaknesses.
Price is a critical factor, especially for new or budget-conscious businesses. It determines the affordability and accessibility of registered agent services.
Northwest Registered Agent offers an attractive package at $39, including a free registered agent service for the first year. Bizee also stands out with its free basic LLC formation plan and a subsequent $119 annual fee for registered agent services.
These competitive prices make them favorable choices for businesses looking to minimize initial costs.
However, LegalZoom is on the higher side of the spectrum with its registered agent service costing $299/yr.
"Don't just settle for the cheapest option. Look for a registered agent service that offers transparency and responsiveness. Choose a provider with clear pricing models, timely communication, and easily accessible customer support." - Jon Morgan, CEO and Editor-in-Chief of Venture Smarter
2. Customer Support
Efficient customer support is essential for timely resolutions and guidance through the registration process.
We assessed the variety of communication channels (phone, email, online chat), response times, availability, and the nature of support (human or automated).
ZenBusiness, with extended customer support hours and a reputation for responsive service, and Northwest Registered Agent, known for their knowledgeable customer service, stood out.
Bizee, however, could improve with longer customer support hours on weekends.
3. Service Features
The range of services, such as compliance alerts, online dashboards, and additional offerings like mail forwarding, is crucial for a comprehensive and efficient registration process.
ZenBusiness offers compliance alerts, no upsells, and a 100% accuracy guarantee, making it a top choice.
Northwest also provides a range of services but lacks an EIN in their plans.
4. Turnaround Time
A registered agent with a quick turnaround time is often indicative of effective overall communication practices. This can be beneficial for all aspects of your interactions with them, from customer service to handling routine inquiries.
Based on our criterion, Northwest and ZenBusiness got 5/5 for their efficient processing times, while other services like LegalZoom got 3/5 for their slower turnaround times, impacting businesses needing swift document handling.
5. Third-Party Reviews
Reviews can help you compare different registered agents. By reading about others' experiences, you can better understand how one service stacks up against another in terms of features, customer support, ease of use, and overall satisfaction.
Companies like Northwest and ZenBusiness, with positive reviews and high 5-star ratings on different platforms like Trustpilot, demonstrate a strong reputation and reliability.
Any leak of confidential information can be detrimental to a business. It can lead to competitive disadvantages, legal issues, or reputational damage. A confidential registered agent helps prevent such leaks.
We rate Northwest Registered Agent a 5/5 for respecting customer privacy and securing client information, indicating a high level of confidentiality.
7. Ease of Use
A well-designed, easy-to-use platform can help reduce errors in document filing and management. When information is easy to input, review, and update, the likelihood of making mistakes decreases, which is crucial for legal and compliance-related processes.
Companies like ZenBusiness and Swyft Filings offer user-friendly platforms, enhancing the overall customer experience.
However, LegalZoom has an outdated website that may affect client usability.
8. Transition Process
The registered agent is responsible for ensuring that your business stays compliant with state regulations, including timely filings and responses to state inquiries. A smooth transition is critical to ensure that compliance is maintained throughout the changeover.
Services that facilitate an easy and efficient switch, ensuring continuous coverage, are preferred. Northwest and ZenBusiness, with their straightforward processes, excel in this area.
How Much Do Registered Agent Service Providers Cost in Oklahoma?
A registered agent service in Oklahoma costs anywhere between $49 to $299 per year. You can also act as your own registered agent service for free if you understand the resposibility.
However, if you are just starting out, we recommend using an LLC formation package that will include a free year of registered agent, as it will reduce the total cost of creating an LLC in Oklahoma.
Requirements For An Oklahoma Registered Agent
The specifications for the best registered agent in Oklahoma as per the state statutes (Title 18, Section 1022 (corporations), and Section 2010 (LLCs)) include:
- All Oklahoma registered agents must be legal residents or a firm that provides statutory agent services.
- All Oklahoma registered agents must always maintain a registered office (a physical address in Oklahoma).
- Throughout normal business hours, official papers (service of process) must be accepted by all registered agents.
According to the Oklahoma Secretary of State, Oklahoma registered agent service market is projected to grow annually by 5% over the next five years.
Is a Registered Agent a Must in Oklahoma for My Limited Liability Company?
Yes, a registered agent in Oklahoma is a must for your Limited Liability Company. The position of the registered agent for a corporation in the US is important if you want to stay compliant with the state and get a certificate of good standing.
Why Should You Use a Professional Registered Agent in Oklahoma?
You should use a professional registered agent in Oklahoma because they keep a compliance calendar and, therefore, will notify you when annual reports or even other files are expected, as well as assist you in submitting them. This allows you to prevent penalties and maintain your firm in great shape, both of which are necessary to preserve your LLCs security.
Can I Act as My Own Registered Agent in Oklahoma?
Yes, you can act as your own registered agent in Oklahoma as long as you have a physical business address in the state in which your Oklahoma business entity or LLC is established. Acting as your own registered agent will also save you money.
Our Verdict on the Best Registered Agent Service in Oklahoma
After extensive research, our vote for the best Oklahoma registered agent goes to Northwest Registered Agent.
We highly recommend this service because they launched our firm in no time and they maintained and simultaneously managed all our legal documents efficiently.
Northwest Registered Agent offers services that assist you in staying in complete compliance with your state throughout your business period.
These services include privacy by design, legal mail forwarding/scanning for free, local business consultants, and same-day scanning of local documents.