To start a business in Oklahoma, you must stick to a number of legal procedures, including selecting a registered agent to accept legal paperwork on your behalf.
A registered agent service is vital to keep your business up-to-date with various state filing requirements and state laws.
As an experienced business consultant with a deep understanding of LLC formation services, I gathered a team of experts to test different companies and choose the best registered agent service, so you don't have to.
We took into consideration features like pricing, turnaround, and customer service and created a list of the finest companies in Oklahoma to work with.
Our Top Products (October 2023)
1 - Northwest Registered Agent (Editor's Choice)Would you recommend Northwest Registered Agent?
Northwest Registered Agent is one of the top web services to use when creating your business online.
We used this well-known company to test the formation of an LLC, and from our experience, you will receive ongoing help as they assign agents to each client account.
Their plan for LLC formation of only $39 is unmatched, and when forming an LLC with them you will get a registered agent service free for a year.
They helped us file our business formation paperwork, and expertise from their employees made us feel guided through every step.
We were confident that Northwest Registered Agent respects customer privacy and that their web portal is secure because they don't sell client information to third parties.
Northwest offers a wide range of business services, but there is no EIN in their plans which could make their offer more complete, in our opinion.
- Registered Agent Service ($125): The first year of the Oklahoma registered agent service fee is free if you hire Northwest to form your LLC. This service includes free mail forwarding, expert corporate guides, and privacy by default.
- Basic Plan ($39+ $104 State Fee): Basic Oklahoma Plan includes articles of organization and an operating agreement. Forming an LLC with Northwest brings one year of a free registered agent in the first year. This plan can be used to form LLCs, corporations, and nonprofits.
- Full Service LLC Formation Plan ($225 + $104 State Fee): Full Service Oklahoma Formation Plan includes same business day filing, and a full year of registered agent service. This plan is great if you want to benefit from free limited mail forwarding, an operating agreement that covers rules, regulations, and provisions.
- Keeps your data stored in one place
- Knowledgeable customer service
- Over two decades of experience
- Clear pricing system
- Limits the visibility of private information
- A bit expensive
2 - ZenBusinessWould you recommend ZenBusiness?
ZenBusiness comes with low-cost LLC formation packages. Their plans are tailored to meet the needs of every business and each client in Oklahoma.
We tried ZenBusiness to form an LLC, including their registered agent service, and from our experience, their service was more than fair.
As a team with years long experience in forming LLCs, we are not easily impressed, but their Starter Plan stood out to us - it is the perfect package when you are on a very tight budget.
Their extended customer support hours are more than handy when you have a burning problem.
Pricey EIN service and registered agent service that is an add-on is the biggest cons from our experience.
Compliance alerts, no upsells, and a 100% accuracy guarantee were enough to invest in their $199 per year registered agent service.
- Basic Registered Agent Service ($199): A registered agent, plus access to online legal documents, and professional guidance.
- ZenBusiness Starter Plan ($0 + $104 State Fee): This plan covers Oklahoma's standard corporate filing service, which includes name search. The standard filing speed (2 to 3 weeks) applies here which is ok if you are not in a rush. With Starter option you will get free first month of banking and bank account, and a bookkeeping for tax saving and feature to send invoices for faster payments.
- ZenBusiness Pro Plan ($199 + $104 State Fee): With Pro Plan, you will get faster expedited filing speed (1 to 2 business days). This plan provides additional Oklahoma LLC formation services compared to Starter like an EIN and an operating agreement that should streamline internal and external relationships, including structure and legal protection.
- ZenBusiness Premium Plan ($349 + $104 State Fee): ZenBusiness Premium Plan offers everything from the Pro plan and adds business document templates for faster repetitive tasks. With this plan you will get all the features for seamless digital presence, including domain name registration, domain privacy, and business email address.
- Low-cost plans
- Extended hours of customer support
- LLC services starts at $0
- No hidden add-ons or upsells
- Brand awareness is low compared to its competitors
- Lack of transparency
3 - IncFileWould you recommend IncFile?
One of the most affordable services you may find in Oklahoma is IncFile registered agent.
Competitive pricing is something that separates them from the competition.
Their most basic LLC formation plan is free, and we decided to test it and compare it to paid plans.
With IncFile we had to pay for one year and we were good to go. We didn't have to sign a contract, which is a perk that we loved.
From their side, we had continuous support and care. They also sent us updates on our annual report.
Customer support hours could be longer on weekends, and the usual response time via email is within 24 hours, which can be a stepping stone when there is an emergency.
- Registered Agent Services ($119/year): Oklahoma registered agent service is free for the first year if made with an LLC formation package, and after the first year, the renewal will be $119 per year.
- Silver Plan ($0 + $104 State Fee): Silver Package includes preparing & filing the articles of organization, unlimited name searches, free registered agent service for a year, and unlimited phone & email support.
- Gold Plan ($199 + $104 State Fee): Gold Package contains everything the Silver Package features plus EIN Business Tax Number, IRS Form 2553, operating agreement, banking resolution, lifetime company alerts, online access dashboard, business banking account, and business tax consultation.
- Platinum Plan ($299 + $104 State Fee): Platinum Package includes everything from the Gold Package, plus business contract templates, free next day filing, and domain name + business email.
IncFile registered agent also gives you a dashboard where you can access your online account and manage alerts regarding compliance and filing.
- Flexible customer online panel
- Features free Oklahoma services in all bundles
- Speedy processing of registered agent orders
- Registered agent costings are very clear
- Restricted customer support service options
4 - LegalZoom
LegalZoom is one of the most famous Oklahoma registered agent services and LLC formation providers in Oklahoma.
For small businesses and business entities, the company provides basic registered agent packages that are affordable and reliable.
From our experience, their basic registered agent packages were the right fit for our brand-new business. They provide a wide range of business creation services to meet all of your needs.
They also filed our compliance on time hence we eliminated state penalties while also allowing us to choose our own working hours.
- Registered Agent Service ($299): The first year's fee for establishing your LLC with them is set at $249 while the succeeding renewals will be $299. This inclusive package features limitless online storage, an allotment of one million dollars for identity theft security measures, and email alerts.
- Basic LLC Formation Package ($0 + $104 State Fee): The plan includes a comprehensive name search, articles of organization, a complete digital LLC welcome packet, and a customizable website powered by Wix.
- Pro LLC Formation Package ($249 + $104 State Fee): The plan constitutes everything in the Basic plan along with an initial consultation on taxes and insurance, an EIN, an operating agreement, and a detailed business licenses guide.
- Premium LLC Formation Package ($299 + $104 State Fee): The package includes all of the essential features of the Pro plan plus hands-on proficient guidance from a local lawyer. Furthermore, your formation documents will be reviewed and amended where necessary, and you'll have the opportunity to consult your attorney for 30 minutes anytime within the initial three months of signing up.
- LegalZoom provides more continuing legal services than competitors
- Strong brand recognition
- Within 60 days after purchase, you can receive a complete refund of any costs paid to LegalZoom
- High costs
5 - Swyft Filings
Swyft Filings, with its flexible pricing model and quick turnaround times, can be a great alternative for basic Oklahoma LLC formations or incorporations.
Swyft Filings was established by senior personnel to make it simpler for startups to open their LLCs in Oklahoma.
The brand is famous for its personalized service and quick response time on LLC formation which we experienced firsthand during our trial.
They have experts who can assist you with businesses of different sizes.
We appreciate them for their fast turnaround time, as we got an answer to every question within a day.
Swyft Filings is the cost-effective choice for forming a limited liability company, particularly if you choose their basic package.
- Registered Agent Service ($99): Oklahoma registered agent service costs $99 per three months, and this will be an ongoing quarterly subscription, according to a sales representative.
- Basic Plan ($0 + $104 State Fee): Basic Oklahoma Package gets your business approved by the states, free 30-business tax consultation, and a free domain name.
- Standard Plan ($199 + $104 State Fee): Standard Oklahoma Package includes everything in the basic package and you also get an additional Federal Tax ID (EIN) and most documents needed to start your business (operating agreement, banking resolution, and organizational minutes).
- Premium Plan ($299 + $104 State Fee): Premium Oklahoma Package includes all Basic and Standard Plan features and additional ones, including free eDelivery of state documents (docs uploaded to account for ease of access), customized digital LLC kit, and free business website and web hosting.
- Excellent customer service
- Great customer feedback
- Flexible pricing structure
- Registered agent service is quite expensive
- Excessive upselling
6 - Harbor Compliance
Harbor Compliance is a great choice if you want good pricing and reliable customer support.
Their registered agent service enables instant online access to registered agent adress.
For us, their agent was available from day one to answer each of our questions.
They do not offer a refund, but there was no need to ask for one as they handled every issue that we had.
There is a discount for first-time customers and they compete on price with other Oklahoma registered agent services.
The biggest downside of working with Harbor Compliance was that the registered agent service is not included in their formation plans.
- Registered Agent Service ($89-$99): Oklahoma registered agent service costs from $89 to $99 annually per state with no additional charges, and you get a 5-10% discount if you pay ahead for registered agent services for +2 years.
- Formation Plan ($99 + $104 State Fee): Oklahoma Formation Package includes checking name availability, preparing and filing your articles of organization with the state.
- Rapid application procedure
- Quick turnaround
- Upfront fees
- Their website is not user-friendly
7 - Oklahoma Registered Agent Service
This service focuses on making the LLC procedure quick and simple for you.
From our experience, you will immediately be able to log in to your internet account once you register for their agent service for $49 per year.
Their signup process is relatively easy which saved us a lot of time, and you can be done in a few minutes.
Another thing about this service that we loved is that you can use their agent's name and address on your state forms.
Their site could be more user-friendly, but we loved that all prices are listed and every service is explained.
- Registered Agent Services ($49/year): Includes a reminder to file your annual reports on time, online account and dashboard, annual statements, and optional contract renewal.
- Registered Agent service offers a strong security client account where you can save all of your company documents
- No hidden costs
- Lacks brand awareness
- Offers zero discounts on bundle purchases
What Are the Benefits of Working With a Registered Agent Service in Oklahoma?
1. Organized Documents
Any business owner will benefit from a commercial registered agent because they ensure compliance with state requirements and store every document vital to the company.
A reliable registered agent in Oklahoma also ensures you have your own account online, where you will be able to track all notifications and documents.
You can conveniently track and organize daily email notifications.
2. You Do Not Want to Face the Possibility of a Non-compliance
Non-compliance might be intimidating if you are new to the full procedure.
By hiring your own registered agent, you may stay in compliance, prevent high state penalty costs, and keep your Oklahoma business entity in good status in the state where it was formed.
3. Statutory Advantages
Hiring an Oklahoma registered agent offers you many statutory advantages because, as a new business owner, understanding legal compliance can be challenging.
Registered agents are knowledgeable in Oklahoma state laws and can help your company file compliance orders and ensure that you remain in good standing with the Oklahoma secretary of state .
4. Operates in Multiple States
A person cannot be in multiple locations at the same time. Your company must have an Oklahoma registered agent with a physical address in the jurisdiction wherein you formed and in every state where you do commerce.
An Oklahoma registered agent service eliminates the need for several offices and registered representatives.
Using a registered agent service allows you to retain secrecy and compliance while lowering your chances of chronic lateness and being penalized or fined.
5. Eliminate Spam Mail
The registered agent's location is publicly available. This implies that everyone, even salespeople, may utilize it. It is fairly uncommon for the registered agent to receive a substantial volume of "spam emails" on behalf of the firm.
Your company will also receive fewer unsolicited letters if you choose an Oklahoma registered agent service provider.
6. Increased Leisure
Your Oklahoma registered agent is available during normal business hours on your behalf to receive and handle crucial paperwork. This way, if you set your own work schedule you get more leisure time to do other personal activities.
7. A Corporate Identity Will Be Strengthened
Using an Oklahoma registered agent ensures that you get invoices for litigation as well as other legal paperwork in a confidential setting.
Without an agent, you'll receive a service of process in front of employees, customers, or family members. This might seriously affect your company's reputation not only with consumers but also with the staff.
Using an Oklahoma registered agent ensures that official and legitimate correspondence is obtained confidentially, but perhaps more significantly, that it is responded to promptly.
How Much Does a Registered Agent Service Cost in Oklahoma?
A registered agent service in Oklahoma costs anywhere between $50 to $300 per year.
However, if you are just starting out, we recommend using an LLC formation package that will include a free year of registered agent, as it will reduce the total cost of creating an LLC in Oklahoma.
What Are the Specifications for the Best Oklahoma Registered Agent?
The specifications for the best registered agent in Oklahoma as per the state statutes (Title 18, Section 1022 (corporations), and Section 2010 (LLCs)) include:
- All Oklahoma registered agents must be legal residents or a firm that provides statutory agent services.
- All Oklahoma registered agents must always maintain a registered office (a physical address in Oklahoma).
- Throughout normal business hours, official papers (service of process) must be accepted by all registered agents.
Is a Registered Agent a Must in Oklahoma for My Limited Liability Company?
Yes, a registered agent in Oklahoma is a must for your Limited Liability Company. The position of the registered agent for a corporation in the US is important if you want to stay compliant with the state and get a certificate of good standing.
Why Should You Use a Professional Registered Agent in Oklahoma?
You should use a professional registered agent in Oklahoma because they keep a compliance calendar and, therefore, will notify you when annual reports or even other files are expected, as well as assist you in submitting them. This allows you to prevent penalties and maintain your firm in great shape, both of which are necessary to preserve your LLCs security.
Can One Be Their Own Registered Agent in Oklahoma?
Yes, one can be their own registered agent in Oklahoma as long as they have a physical business address in the state in which their Oklahoma business entity or LLC is established. Being your own registered agent will also save you money.
Our Favourite Registered Agent in Oklahoma is...
After extensive research, our vote for the best Oklahoma registered agent goes to Northwest Registered Agent.
We highly recommend this service because they launched our firm in no time and they maintained and simultaneously managed all our legal documents efficiently.
Northwest registered agent offers services that assist you in staying in complete compliance with your state throughout your business period.
These services include privacy by design, legal mail forwarding/scanning for free, local business consultants, and same-day scanning of local documents.