Hiring an authentic LLC service for your Connecticut limited liability company is a step in the right direction if you want punctual compliance filing and good standing with the Secretary of State.
To take the workload of LLC research off your shoulders, we teamed up with our legal team and looked into some of the top-leading LLC service providers in Connecticut and evaluated each of them based on their package pricing, service features, and document delivery time.
In this article, we rounded four top-rated business formation service providers in Connecticut that make the cut. Continue reading to get all the information you need to determine which online LLC service is best for you and your business.
Let's get started.
4 Best LLC Formation Services in Connecticut (February 2023)
1 - ZenBusiness (Editor's Choice)
Connecticut startups and entrepreneurs can count on ZenBusiness for premium LLC services and statutory services at a very affordable price. Their most basic package starts at $39 plus the Connecticut state fee.
ZenBusiness started forming businesses in 2015 and has already worked with over 300,000 businesses nationwide. While they are relatively new, ZenBusiness holds an average 4.7/5 customer rating across 4,500 online reviews.
- Starter Formation Package ($49/year): LLC formation paperwork, free operating agreement template, and free LLC representation service for a year.
- Pro Package ($199/year): Annual report paperwork, two yearly amendments, Employer Identification Number (EIN) registration, and VIP processing.
- Premium Package ($299/year): Custom business domain name and domain privacy, website address, and rush filing.
- Registered Agent Service ($199): Each package includes a resident agent in the first year. It may be renewed for $119 each year or $99 if you purchase a la carte.
- They provide varied formation package options
- Each package is priced at a reasonable price
- They make business formation as quick as possible
- Their offer Worry-free Compliance services
- Has many outstanding customer reviews online
- They are relatively new in the industry
2 - Northwest Registered Agent
Northwest Registered Agent is one of the biggest names in the LLC formation services industry, having begun by providing premium registered agent services before expanding to include LLC formation services.
With over 20 years of experience, they have already established a high standard for client service in the business formation industry.
Northwest Registered Agent has a team of business experts to assist you through each stage of the formation process.
One of the perks of working with them is that you have 24/7 access to their customer support if you have a query or need assistance.
- Base Formation Package ($39/year): Handling basic LLC formation paperwork, such as business name search and filing of all formation documents. The package also includes mail forwarding, Corporate Guides, a business address, and a free LLC representation service in Connecticut for a year.
- Deluxe Package ($179/year): Registration of EIN and all the services included in the base package.
- Registered Agent Service ($125): Each package includes a commercial registered agent service in the first year. It may be renewed for $125.
- They provide a competent business formation process coupled with over 20 years of experience
- Client privacy is their top priority
- Their service packages have transparent fees
- Includes one year of Connecticut registered agent services
- Expensive service fees compared to other competitors
3 - IncFile
Incfile, like ZenBusiness and Northwest Registered Agent, offers the best value in its basic price plan for Connecticut LLC formation services.
Whatever type of Connecticut business you have, the company provides free basic business formation as well as a free statutory agent service for a full year.
Besides its free LLC services, IncFile is also praised for its fast checkout process and relatively quick turnaround time, which takes ten minutes and one working day.
So, if you only need your formation documents filed, IncFile is the way to go.
- Free Silver Package ($0 in the first year): Free Connecticut LLC formation service minus the state fee, a full year free of LLC representation service, and lifetime company compliance alerts.
- Gold Package($149/year): EIN registration, preparation of the operating agreement, and banking resolution.
- Platinum Package ($249/year): Business name and email, business contract templates, and expedited filing.
- Registered Agent Service ($119): Each package includes a free registered agent service in the first year. After that, it may be renewed for $119.
- Has decent customer support service
- Most affordable LLC formation package in the industry
- Includes one year of registered agent service
- They provided LLC services to over 800,000 businesses
- They upsell other essential LLC formation features.
4 - LegalZoom
Since 2011, LegalZoom has been providing legal services for businesses in Connecticut. Nationwide, they have assisted over 4 million people and business entities with everything from business formation and maintenance to intellectual property.
Although LegalZoom looks to be a more expensive alternative than some of the other LLC providers on this list, it may be worthwhile to make the investment.
Their basic subscription is reasonable; however, it lacks the feature set of ZenBusiness and IncFile.
- Economy Package (Starts at $79/year): Business name check and business filing, preparing and filing of articles of organization, lifetime customer support, and financial account authorization letter.
- Standard Package ($329/year): Deluxe company documents organizer, 20 member official certificates, and company seal.
- Express Gold Package ($349/year): VIP processing and express shipping of business documents and materials.
- Registered Agent Service ($299/year): Contains unrestricted cloud storage, compliance orders, and business data security.
- Has strong brand power in the business formation industry
- Extended customer support hours
- Extensive legal services for your Connecticut LLC
- No registered agent services are included in their formation packages
- Many upsell to high-priced add-on services
Advantages of Creating an LLC in Connecticut
1. Personal Asset Protection
As a Connecticut LLC owner, you will have limited liability protection similar to that of a corporation. Your personal assets are protected from business liabilities, debts, and possible personal liability incurred or brought on by other LLC owners or members .
2. Pass-Through Taxation
Connecticut LLCs are considered pass-through entities, which means that your Connecticut-based LLC will not be liable for corporate and personal taxes. It will remain that way unless it elects to be taxed as a C corporation.
3. State Incentives
The state of Connecticut is generous to businesses registering in the state, offering new LLCs different incentive programs and other perks such as tax exemptions.
If your LLC meets the requirements, you may be eligible for grants, loans, debt financing, and investment capital programs.
Connecticut LLC Formation Process
Follow these eight steps to form your LLC in Connecticut:
- Step 1: Choose a Name for Your Business
- Step 2: File Certificate of Organization with the Secretary of State
- Step 3: Appoint a Connecticut Registered Agent
- Step 4: Draft and File a Connecticut LLC Operating Agreement
- Step 5: Get a Tax ID Number (EIN)
- Step 6: Register With the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
- Step 7: Open a Connecticut Business Bank Account
- Step 8: Get Necessary Licenses and Permits
Our Selection Process
In order to recommend the best LLC services for your Connecticut business entity, we cherry-picked each service based on its customer support, turnaround times, service features, and pricing. Here’s our selection process for the best LLC service in Connecticut.
1. Customer Support
Accessible customer service was given priority here since, with all the complications involved in opening an LLC in Connecticut, you need a professional to guide you through it all.
After getting in touch with customer support for several LLC services in Connecticut, we rated those services with a prompt, professional, and client-driven email or phone customer service staff at the top.
2. Turnaround Times
In this stage, we identified all LLC service providers who offer short-order processing and document delivery turnaround times. To test this out, we placed several orders with these service providers and timed their deliveries.
Then, we prioritized the service providers in Connecticut that provide expedited filing among those with turnaround times of at least 1 to 5 working days.
3. Service Features
While some LLC services provide a free base plan, others offer a variety of add-on packages and more extensive service options.
As far as service features go, effective registered agent services in Connecticut, free name searches, and website and domain hosting, among other things, were some of the key characteristics we considered.
4. Pricing Plans
Here, we chose LLC services that provide more features at the fairest, cost-effective pricing. It's crucial to work with a service provider you can afford because most companies have a limited budget allocated for the LLC formation procedures.
By doing this, you can avoid depleting your other business cash.
How Long Does It Take To Form a Connecticut LLC?
It takes around 1 to 4 business days to form a Connecticut LLC for formation papers filed online. Meanwhile, in-person filing in the Connecticut SOS takes about 5 to 6 weeks .
How Much Does It Cost to Start an LLC in Connecticut?
It costs $120 to start an LLC in Connecticut, which covers the state filing fee due to the Connecticut Secretary of State for the Articles of Organization.
Do I need an LLC service in Connecticut?
Yes, you need an LLC service in Connecticut if you don't want to deal with all the paperwork associated with the LLC formation process and instead concentrate on expanding and managing your business.
What Is the Best Connecticut LLC Service for You?
Forming your LLC through any of the Connecticut LLC formation services available online is possible, but these four LLC service providers are guaranteed to be the most reliable in the industry.
While all of them are reasonably priced and easy to use, we rank ZenBusiness as the best LLC formation service in Connecticut for its well-rounded business formation services.
This LLC service provider offers inexpensive LLC creation services with one of the quickest response times in the industry. You'll have the resources to start your firm and be operational in no time, thanks to their quick application process and first-rate customer support team.
A complimentary year of legal agent service is also provided by ZenBusiness to assist you in managing your LLC in compliance with state laws.