Choosing a Delaware registered agent service is a critical step in starting an LLC. They either keep your Delaware LLC in good standing with the Secretary of State or expose it to the risk of losing important legal documents in the mail or, worse, missing deadlines.
Many registered agent services are accessible in Delaware, but it is still best to choose the most suitable for your business entity. To assist you with this, we listed the best registered agent services in Delaware in this guide.
Top 7 Registered Agents in Delaware (November 2022)
1 - Northwest Registered Agent (Editor's Choice)
Northwest Registered Agent is one of the best Delaware registered agent services. They will provide you with the street address you need and take care of scanning and forwarding legal documents they receive on your behalf.
On top of that, they notify you of future compliance filing deadlines, ensuring that you file your franchise tax, annual report, and other tax documents on time.
They also have a US-based customer support service run by professionals like former attorneys, small company owners, accountants, and entrepreneurs.
- Registered Agent Services: In the first year, the services are charged $39 and renewed annually at $125.
- Delaware LLC Formation: Basic package, which includes registered agent services, Privacy by Default®, Local Corporate Guides®, free mail forwarding/scanning, and same-day local document scanning, costs $125.
- Privacy protection is a top priority
- Customer service excellence
- Over 20 years of experience
- No hidden fees
- Registered agent service is included in the formation package for one year
- Not the least expensive option
2 - ZenBusiness
Go for ZenBusiness if you're looking for quality Delaware registered agent services at an affordable price.
They provide complete coverage of registered agent service with the option to upgrade at an additional cost.
ZenBusiness is well-known for its reasonable prices, transparency, user-friendly interface, and customer dedication. They have over 4,500 customer reviews online with an average rating of 4.7/5.
- Registered Agent Services Basic Package: The price starts at $99 without LLC formation.
- Registered Agent Service Worry-Free Compliance Package: Additional $50 per state. Includes annual filing report alerts, filing of legal documents, two free changes to filings, and coverage for any fees incurred if you fall out of compliance with the state.
Delaware LLC Formation: Basic package starts at $39, which includes a one-year Delaware registered agent service and a free operating agreement template.
- Simple and affordable pricing model
- Longer hours of chat client support
- Earned many positive customer reviews
- 60-day money-back refund
- Low brand name recognition
3 - IncFile
If you're a startup or a small business owner, IncFile will make a lot of things easier for you, especially with your starting budget. IncFile is the only service company to offer free LLC formation service.
Additionally, its Delaware registered agent services are also free in the first year, which already includes 24/7 access to your account on the online dashboard, email forwarding, and customized notifications.
InFile's quality of service is backed by 13,500+ reviews of positive ratings online with only a few poor ones. They are well-known registered agents for their ease of use and excellent customer service.
- Registered Agent Services: Charges a $119 annual fee but offers a free registered agent service with formation packages.
- Delaware LLC Formation: Free of charge, so you only have to pay for the $90 filing fee due to the Delaware Secretary of State for the first year.
- Easy-to-use dashboard
- Formation packages come with a free registered agent service
- Process orders quickly
- There are no hidden charges
- Has little support options
4 - LegalZoom
LegalZoom is your best choice if you're looking for a premium Delaware registered agent as well as a one-stop shop for legal services.
Because they have already established a significant presence in the registered agent services industry, you may anticipate their pricing to be higher than the rest of the competition.
Their registered agent service includes features such as business data protection, a compliance calendar, and unlimited cloud storage. Now, the premium part of their offering is that they also provide you with up to $1 million worth of identity theft protection.
- Registered Agent Services: Charges a $299 annual fee and includes features such as business data protection, a compliance calendar, and unlimited cloud storage. The premium feature offers up to $1 million worth of identity theft protection.
- Delaware LLC Formation: Business formation services start at $79 + state fee.
- Has high customer volume
- Offers wide a variety of legal services
- Great brand power
- Mediocre customer reviews
- High prices
- No registered agent included with LLC formations
5 - Rocket Lawyer
The Delaware registered agent services offered by Rocket Lawyer represent only a small portion of the company's portfolio.
As such, this registered agent is best suited for business owners or entrepreneurs seeking long-term legal benefits in addition to LLC incorporation.
They have previously served over 80,000 business entities and are known for providing high-quality legal assistance and advice.
- Registered Agent Services: Charges $149.99 annual fee for non-members. It also includes storing legal papers in an online document repository and submitting the Delaware Certificate of Formation.
- Business Bundle Plan: Includes registered agent services for free for the first year.
- Excellent customer support
- Subscription-based pricing
- Provides legal documents
- Provides support from legal experts
- Limited service features
- Credit card for a free trial
6 - Delaware Registered Agent Service
Among the Delaware registered agents on the list, the Delaware Registered Agent Service is the most affordable option.
They are a registered agent in Delaware with its headquarters in Wilmington, DE.
They offer legal services, such as Inc Corporate Service, Inc Formation, Inc Legal and Record Search, Payroll Service, and Business Check Printing.
- Registered Agent Services: Charges a flat rate of $50 per year. But, it is offered free for the first 12 months as part of their LLC Delaware Formation package.
- Delaware LLC Formation: LLC formation process fee is $170 + state fees, which includes preparation and filing of Certificate Of Formation, expedited filing, and one-year registered agent service.
- Very affordable registered agent service
- Provides timely reminders to file annual reports
- Responsive customer service
- Does do not charge extra for service of process
- Limited customer reviews available online
7 - Delaware Business Incorporators
The Delaware Business Incorporators specializes in Delaware LLC formation services, serving entrepreneurs and startups with their registered agent office located in Wilmington, DE.
They offer legal services, such as Inc Corporate Service, Inc Formation, Inc Legal and Record Search, Payroll Service, and Business Check Printing
- Registered Agent Services: Charges a flat rate of $100 per year. But, it is offered free for the first 12 months as part of their LLC Delaware Formation package.
- Delaware LLC Formation: LLC formation process fee starts at $50 + state fees + one-year free registered agent service.
- Includes one-year registered agent service on their LLC formation package
- No additional charge for shipping "service of process" documents
- Excellent customer support
- No hidden fees
- PDF Files are locked with a passcode
- Does not include business mail forwarding
- Doesn't have many customer reviews online
What are the Benefits of Working with a Registered Agent Service in Delaware?
It is common for entrepreneurs and startups to be their company's registered agents because it considerably lowers initial costs. However, we can't deny the apparent benefits of working with a registered agent service that makes the extra fees worthwhile. Below are some of them:
- It is highly convenient. Many entrepreneurs and business owners want to focus on scaling their businesses instead of dealing with administrative tasks. With the assistance of a registered agent service, they can do just that. The registered agent can handle the tedious paperwork and provide their client with an online account that securely saves all company files and documentation in one location.
- It saves money in the long run. A registered agent can help entrepreneurs with multi-state companies in submitting legal documents and paying state filing fees on time. This way, businesses avoid incurring additional expenses due to being late.
- It provides a layer of privacy. With a registered agent service, you don't have to worry about exposing your personal address on the public record once you create your LLC in Delaware. Instead, the registered agent service will provide the address, which means that all papers will be served to the registered office address, including if your business is sued.
- It is highly dependable. Things can get complicated quickly if it involves matters of state or corporate law. You may benefit from the services of a registered agent with years of experience working with other business entities. Registered agents can also provide additional legal services that help you run your business well and keep you on the right side of the law.
How Much Does a Registered Agent Service Cost in Delaware?
The cost of one of the best registered agent services in Delaware could range anywhere from $100 to $300 per year. Many of these registered agent companies offer additional services as well.
Besides assisting in filing the paperwork to create an LLC, a registered agent service can also help you file annual reports, monitor due dates and renewals, and provide other legal services.
Who Can Be a Delaware Registered Agent?
Like any other state, Delaware allows any company or individual to act as a registered agent. This is given that they are at least 18 years old and have a physical address in the state where the LLC is formed.
You actually have four options when it comes to designating a registered agent for your LLC, and your choice will depend on what works best for you.
Option 1: You can act as your LLC's Delaware Registered Agent.
Option 2: Your LLC can be its own Registered Agent.
Option 3: You can designate a trusted friend or family member as your LLC's Registered Agent.
Option 4: You can use the services of a Delaware Registered Agent Company, often known as a Commercial Registered Agent.
Is My LLC Required to Have a Registered Agent in Delaware?
Yes, your LLC is required to have a registered agent in Delaware. According to Delaware state law, every business entity formed and registered with the Division of Corporations must maintain a registered agent and registered office address in Delaware.
Who Can Be a Registered Agent in Delaware?
The appointed registered agent of a Delaware LLC can be the business owner, the LLC itself, or a trusted friend or family member. If the applicant is over 18 years of age and has a Delaware address, they can apply. Hiring a registered agent can also act on your behalf.
Can I Act as My Own Registered Agent?
Yes, you can act as your own registered agent for your LLC. However, hiring a Delaware registered agent service provides you with peace of mind and convenience and saves you money in the long run.
Can a Company Change Its Registered Agent?
Yes, a company can change its registered agent in Delaware at any moment. The LLC must file a Certificate of Change of Agent form with the Delaware Department of State, Divisions of Corporations. This can be done by mail, fax, or in person, along with a $50 filing fee.
Is It Necessary for a Registered Agent to Live in Delaware?
Yes, a registered agent is required to have a physical address in Delaware. They must also have a current Delaware company, LLC, or other sorts of business, as well as a valid Delaware business license.
When looking for a Delaware registered agent, you should examine key characteristics such as their service features, ease of use, customer feedback, and cost.
Based on our examination and research, Northwest registered agent might be the best pick for your Delaware business. To ensure quality service, Northwest registered agent offers excellent customer support service, and former lawyers and experts in the field can guide you in making your LLC.
Basic Delaware formation package, aside from the registered agent service, offers Privacy by Default® and Local Corporate Guides®. It also includes all services concerning your legal documents, like scanning, forwarding emails, and storing important data.