If you need help adhering to the laws and regulations of the state, a reliable Kentucky registered agent service can offer you the expertise and knowledge you require.
The registered agent is required to have a principal office address, conduct business during regular business hours, be situated in the same state, and be able to handle some legal matters.
So, to assist you in selecting the best Kentucky registered agent services, we spent over two weeks researching and collecting information from former users.
Here's the final review of the top Kentucky registered agent services.
Top 7 Registered Agent Businesses in Kentucky (November 2022)
1 - Northwest Registered Agent (Editor's Choice)
From providing the registered agent's address you need to scanning and forwarding every document they receive on your behalf, Northwest Registered Agent got you covered.
On top of that, they notify you of future compliance filing deadlines, ensuring that you file your annual report, franchise tax, and other tax documents on time.
To assure quality service, they also have a US-based customer support team comprised of former attorneys, accountants, small company owners, and entrepreneurs.
- Registered Agent Services: Charges $39 on the first year and renews annually at $125.
- Kentucky LLC Formation: Basic package starts at $125, which includes agent services, Privacy by Default®, Local Corporate Guides®, free mail forwarding/scanning, and same-day local document scanning.
- Provides exceptional privacy protection
- They provide personalized and dependable customer service
- 20 years of experience
- Very transparent fees
- A free one-year registered agent service is included in their formation package
- Not the most affordable option
2 - ZenBusiness
If you're looking for one of the lowest Kentucky registered agent prices without the LLC formation, ZenBusiness is your best pick.
With $99, you gain access to user-friendly software as well as personalized customer assistance. They also provide complete coverage of Kentucky registered agent service with the option to upgrade at an additional cost.
ZenBusiness is well-known for its reasonable prices, transparency, user-friendly interface, and customer dedication. They have over 4,500 customer reviews online with an average rating of 4.7/5.
- Registered Agent Services Basic Package: The price starts at $99 without LLC formation.
- Registered Agent Service Worry-Free Compliance Package: Additional $50 per state. Includes annual filing report alerts, filing of legal papers, two free changes to filings, and coverage for any fees incurred if you fall out of compliance with the state.
- Kentucky LLC Formation: Basic package starts at $39, including a one-year Kentucky registered agent service, and a free operating agreement template.
- Affordable and straightforward pricing model
- Extended customer support hours
- Money-back guarantee for 60 days
- It has a lot of positive customer feedback
- Compared to its rivals, ZenBusiness has a low brand recognition
3 - IncFile
IncFile is the only service company to offer free LLC formation services, with one free year of Kentucky registered agent service.
So, if you're a startup or a small business owner, IncFile will help you get started and get things off to a good start, especially with your budget.
InFile's quality of service is backed by 13,500+ reviews of positive ratings online with only a few poor ones. They are well-known Kentucky registered agents for their ease of use and excellent customer service.
- Registered Agent Services: Charges a $119 annual fee but offers a free registered agent service with formation packages.
- Kentucky LLC Formation: Free of charge, so you only have to pay the $40 filing fee due to the Kentucky Secretary of State.
- They have a handy online dashboard
- All formation packages include a free registered agent service
- Quick order processing
- There are no hidden costs
- Has limited support options
4 - LegalZoom
LegalZoom is a one-stop shop for legal services. However, since they have already established a significant presence in the registered agent industry, you may expect their pricing to be higher than the rest of the competition.
Their registered agent in Kentucky provides services including company data security, a compliance calendar, and unlimited cloud storage.
The premium feature of their service is that they provide up to $1 million in identity theft protection.
- Registered Agent Services: Charges a $299 annual fee and includes features such as business entity data protection, a compliance calendar, and unlimited cloud storage. The premium feature offers up to $1 million worth of identity theft protection.
- Kentucky LLC Formation: Business entity formation services start at $79 plus the state fee.
- Has high customer volume
- Offers wide a variety of legal services
- Great brand power
- Mediocre customer reviews
- High prices
- No registered agent included with limited liability company formations
5 - Swyft Filings
Swyft Filings is best suited for LLC owners in Kentucky who have no time to deal with the complications and inconveniences of paperwork.
From providing 24/7 online access to important mail to sending reminders for important due dates and deadlines, Swyft Filings will handle all your filling needs.
Swyft Filings is relatively new to the professional registered agent service industry, but they're already among the service providers with the best customer reviews online. They have a whooping 4.7 average customer rating out of the 4,122 Trustpilot reviews.
- Registered Agent Services: The price starts at $149.
- Kentucky LLC Formation: Offers three-level packages with several add-on services that you can purchase at affordable prices.
- Has 100% money-back guarantee
- Affordable LLC formation package
- Free order shipping
- Great customer support
- No state-specific forms
- Turnaround time is different from state to state
6 - Harbor Compliance
Last on the list of our registered agents is Harbor compliance. Although it’s the last, it’s not the least because Harbor Compliance is also competitive regarding its price and services. Harbor Compliance has been doing business since 2012. It consists of business and industry professionals.
Harbor Compliance is utilized by qualified and knowledgeable people that will help you and your business to their extent. Their registered agents are hands-on and always available.
- Registered agent service ($99/year): A physical address and point of contact during business hours. They also have exceptional security, pre-filled forms, annual report reminders, customizable notifications, and same-day document access.
- LLC formation ($99 plus state fees): Availing of this service will help you be confident in establishing your LLC, skip the paperwork, and get started quickly.
- Pricing transparency
- Easy-to-use software
- Consists of knowledgeable staff and industry experts
- It isn’t the cheapest option
- Limited features available in the formation package
7 - Kentucky Registered Agent
Kentucky Registered Agent is a local Richmond Kentucky Registered Agent that helps out-of-state businesses register to do business in Kentucky and helps keep local Kentucky businesses in good standing with the Kentucky Secretary of State.
They provide timely reminders to file your annual report, have a login into our database to see any documents we receive on your behalf, and get an email at the end of your service asking you if you'd like to renew.
- Kentucky Registered Agent Services: Charges a $49 annual fee, which includes compliance tracking and same-day document scans.
- Kentucky LLC Formation: Charge $189 for their LLC formation package, which includes the Incorporation service fee, 1-year Registered agent service, plus the Kentucky state filing fee.
- Same-day document scans
- No hidden fees
- Provides agent services outside Kentucky
- Registered agent's online reviews are very few
What Are The Benefits Of Working With A Registered Agent Service In Kentucky?
A registered agent is a person or entity you have designated to manage your LLC's government, tax, and legal affairs.
So, while acting as your registered agent lowers your initial business expenditures in Kentucky, there is a risk that you may be lost in the stream of your other business mail, exposing you to missing deadlines and facing legal and financial penalties.
Whatever you believe is beneficial for your LLC, you must understand the benefits of working with a registered agent in Kentucky.
Below are some of them:
- Boosts convenience on your end. Many entrepreneurs and business owners want to focus on scaling their businesses instead of dealing with administrative tasks. With the assistance of a registered agent service, they can do just that. The registered agent can handle the tedious paperwork and provide their client with an online account that securely saves all company files and documentation in one location.
- Sets as a long-term investment. A registered agent can help entrepreneurs with multi-state LLCs in submitting legal documents and paying state filing fees on time. This way, LLCs avoid incurring additional expenses due to being late–yes, a total money saver!
- Protects your privacy. With a registered agent service, the LLC owner doesn't have to worry about exposing their personal address on the public record once they officially framed their LLC. Instead, the registered agent service will provide the physical street address, which means that all papers will be served to the registered office address, including if the LLC is sued.
- Flexible and dependable legal services. Things can get complicated quickly if it involves matters of state or corporate law. LLCs may benefit from the services of a registered agent with years of experience working with other business entities. Kentucky registered agents can also provide additional legal services that help owners run their LLCs well and keep them on the right side of the law.
How Much Do Kentucky Registered Agent Companies Cost?
Hiring good registered agent services in Kentucky could cost you around $50 to $300 per year.
Considering how much time and energy it will save you, it definitely is a small price to pay.
But, if you want to avoid paying for your registered agent, there are other service providers who offer free agent services as part of their LLC formation packages.
Most of these agent services also offer assistance in filing LLC formation paperwork, filing annual reports, monitoring due dates and renewals, and providing other legal services.
What Are The Requirements For A Kentucky Registered Agent?
Any entity or individual is allowed to act as a registered agent for a Kentucky business. However, it is required that they are over 18 years old, have a physical address in the state in which the LLC is being formed, and are available during normal business hours.
Here are four options you can select from when appointing a registered agent for your Kentucky LLC:
Your LLC in Kentucky has four options when it comes to designating a registered agent:
- Option 1: You can be your LLC's own Registered Agent.
- Option 2: Your LLC can act as its own Registered Agent.
- Option 3: You can appoint a trusted friend or family member as Registered Agent.
- Option 4: You can hire a Kentucky Registered Agent Company.
Do I Need A Kentucky Registered Agent For My LLC?
Yes, you need a Kentucky Registered Agent for your LLC. Every business entity formed and registered with the Kentucky Secretary of State must appoint a registered agent. Without it, the Secretary of State will reject your LLC formation filing.
How Do I Find A Registered Agent In Kentucky?
You can find a registered agent in Kentucky by conducting a company name search on the Kentucky State website, looking up agent services in your local phone book, or searching online. It will allow you to find the registered agent's name, business address ,and normal business hours.
Can I Be My Own Kentucky Registered Agent?
Yes, you can be your own Kentucky registered agent. This means that you will be responsible for receiving all government and legal documents on the company's behalf.
What Is A Kentucky CBI Number?
A Kentucky CBI number stands for Commonwealth Business Identifier. It is a unique ten-digit number that is issued to all Kentucky businesses. The Kentucky CBI number enables businesses to be easily identified by all state agencies that use the Kentucky OneStop Portal.
Best Registered Agent Service in Kentucky is...
Appointing a registered agent for your business is required by state law and essential in creating your LLC.
We recommend Northwest Registered Agent if you want customer-centered support and reliable services. They have been in the industry for more than twenty years, and many clients confirm the quality of their services.
You will be provided a street address, and all your business documents will be managed and stored confidentially. You will also be notified of all your compliance filling deadlines and supported by the team of experts on your journey.
This company will ensure the success of your Kentucky business while maintaining peace of mind.