A registered agent is in charge of receiving legal documents on your behalf and ensuring your Nevada business remains compliant by maintaining up-to-date paperwork. So, if you're looking for a registered agent for your Nevada LLC, it is critical that you choose the best one.
There are many registered agent services accessible in Nevada, but you must select the most suitable for your business needs. To assist you with this, we listed the best registered agent services in Nevada, along with their service features and pros and drawbacks.
If you're a startup or a small business owner, IncFile will make a lot of things easier for you, especially with your starting budget. IncFile is the only service company to offer free LLC formation service. Additionally, its Nevada registered agent services are also free in the first year, which already includes 24/7 access to your account on the online dashboard, mail forwarding, and customized notifications.
InFile's quality of service is backed by 13,500+ reviews of positive ratings online with only a few poor ones. They are well-known registered agents for their ease of use and excellent customer service.
IncFile Service Features
- Registered Agent Services: Charges a $119 annual fee but offers a free registered agent service with formation packages.
- Nevada LLC Formation: Free of charge, so you only have to pay the filing fee due to the Nevada Secretary of State for the first year.
IncFile Pros & Cons
- Thousands of positive customer reviews
- Has a registered agent dashboard
- Features a virtual mailbox
- Free year registered agent services with business formation packages
- Mediocre features on their registered agent service
- Expensive fee in the long run
- No volume discounts on registered agent service
2. Northwest Registered Agent
Northwest Registered Agent is a top-tier Nevada registered agent service — they do everything from providing the physical street address you need to scanning and forwarding every document they receive on your behalf.
On top of that, they notify you of future compliance filing deadlines, ensuring that you file your annual report, franchise tax, and other tax documents on time. To assure quality service, they also have a US-based customer support team comprised of former attorneys, accountants, small company owners, and entrepreneurs.
Northwest Registered Agent Service Features
- Registered Agent Services: Charges $39 on the first year and renews annually at $125.
- Nevada LLC Formation: Basic package starts at $125, which includes registered agent services, Privacy by Default®, Local Corporate Guides®, free mail forwarding, and same-day local document scanning.
Northwest Registered Agent Pros & Cons
- One year registered agent service with formation packages
- Personalized and excellent customer support
- 20+ years of experience in the industry
- Has volume discounts on registered agent service
- High price in comparison to the competition
Go for ZenBusiness if you're looking for quality Nevada registered agent services at an affordable price. They provide complete coverage of registered agent service with the option to upgrade at an additional cost.
ZenBusiness is well-known for its reasonable prices, transparency, user-friendly interface, and customer dedication. They have over 4,500 customer reviews online with an average rating of 4.7/5.
ZenBusiness Service Features
- Registered Agent Services Basic Package: Price starts at $99 without LLC formation.
- Registered Agent Service Worry-Free Compliance Package: Additional $50 per state. Includes annual filing report alerts, filing of legal documents, two free changes to filings, and coverage for any fees incurred if you fall out of compliance with the state.
- Nevada LLC Formation: Basic package starts at $39, which includes a one-year Nevada registered agent service and a free operating agreement template.
ZenBusiness Pros & Cons
- Oustanding customer feedback
- Affordable registered agent services
- Free registered agent included with every package
- Low brand recognition
LegalZoom is your best choice if you're looking for a premium Nevada registered agent as well as a one-stop shop for legal services. Because they have already established a significant presence in the registered agent services industry, you may anticipate their pricing to be higher than the rest of the competition.
Their registered agent service includes features such as business data protection, a compliance calendar, and unlimited cloud storage. Now, the premium part of their offering is that they also provide you with up to $1 million worth of identity theft protection.
LegalZoom Service Features
- Registered Agent Services: Charges a $299 annual fee and includes features such as business data protection, a compliance calendar, and unlimited cloud storage. Premium feature offers up to $1 million worth of identity theft protection.
- Nevada LLC Formation: Business formation services start at $79 + state fee.
LegalZoom Pros & Cons
- Has high customer volume
- Offers wide a variety of legal services
- Great brand power
- Mediocre customer reviews
- High prices
5. Rocket Lawyer
The Nevada registered agent services offered by Rocket Lawyer represent only a small portion of the company's portfolio. As such, this registered agent is best suited for Nevada business owners or entrepreneurs seeking long-term legal benefits in addition to LLC incorporation.
They have previously served over 80,000 business entities and are known for providing high-quality legal assistance and advice.
Rocket Lawyer Service Features
- Registered Agent Services: Charges $149.99 annual fee for non-members. It also includes storing legal papers in an online document repository and submitting the Nevada Certificate of Formation.
- Business Bundle Plan: Includes registered agent services for free for the first year.
Rocket Lawyer Pros & Cons
- Excellent customer support
- Subscription-based pricing
- Provides legal documents
- Provides support from legal experts
- Limited service features
- Credit card for a free trial
What Are the Benefits of Working With a Registered Agent Service in Nevada?
It is common for entrepreneurs and startups to be their company's registered agents because it considerably lowers initial costs. However, we can't deny the apparent benefits of working with a Nevada registered agent service that makes the extra fees worthwhile.
Below are some of them:
- Convenient. Many entrepreneurs and business owners want to focus on scaling their business instead of dealing with administrative tasks. With the assistance of a registered agent service, they can do just that. The registered agent can handle the tedious paperwork and provide their client with an online account that securely saves all company files and documentation in one location.
- Saves money in the long run. A registered agent can help entrepreneurs with multi-state companies in submitting legal documents and paying state filing fees on time. This way, businesses avoid incurring additional expenses due to being late.
- Provides privacy. With a registered agent service, you don't have to worry about exposing your personal address on the public record once you create your LLC. Instead, the registered agent service will provide the physical street address, which means that all papers will be served to the registered office address, including if your business is sued.
- Highly dependable. Things can get complicated quickly if it involves matters of state or corporate law. You may benefit from the services of a registered agent with years of experience working with other business entities. Registered agents can also provide additional legal services that help you run your business well and keep you on the right side of the law.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Registered Agent in Nevada?
The cost of hiring a registered agent in Nevada could range anywhere from $50 to $300 per year. Many of these top registered agent services offer additional services as well.
Besides assisting in filing the paperwork to create an LLC, a registered agent service can also help you file annual reports, monitor due dates and renewals, and provide other legal services.
Who Can Be a Nevada Registered Agent?
Like any other state, Nevada allows any company or individual to act as a registered agent. This is given that they are at least 18 years old and have a physical office address in the state where the LLC is registered.
You actually have four options when it comes to designating a registered agent for your LLC, and your choice will depend on what works best for you.
Option 1: You can act as your LLC's Nevada Registered Agent.
Option 2: Your LLC can be its own Registered Agent.
Option 3: You can designate a trusted friend or family member as your LLC's Registered Agent.
Option 4: You can use the services of a Nevada Registered Agent Company, often known as a Commercial Registered Agent.
Is My LLC Required to Have a Registered Agent in Nevada?
Yes. The Nevada Secretary of State requires every business entity formed and registered with the state to appoint a registered agent with a registered office address maintained during business hours.
Can I Be My Own Registered Agent?
Yes. You are free to appoint yourself as the registered agent for your LLC. This means you will maintain up-to-date paperwork yourself and handle necessary government, tax, and legal documents served on your business.
What Is a Noncommercial Registered Agent in Nevada?
Individuals and entities with a physical address in Nevada who do not act as registered agents for ten or more entities registered with the Secretary of State can be considered Nevada noncommercial registered agents.
What Is the Difference Between a Noncommercial Registered Agent and a Commercial Registered Agent?
A noncommercial registered agent is an individual or small company that provides services in only one or a few states. In contrast, a commercial registered agent typically has a physical address across many states and works with hundreds or thousands of business entities.
How Much Does It Cost to Form an LLC in Nevada?
The Nevada Secretary of State charges a $75 filing fee for Articles of Organization. If you wish to reserve your business name, you may do so by filing an LLC name reservation for $25.
How Long Does It Take To Form an LLC in Nevada?
When filing by mail, the entire turnaround time to form your Nevada LLC, from start to the delivery of your documents, can take about 5-6 weeks. Meanwhile, online filings for Nevada LLCs are approved immediately.
There is an expedited filing option at an extra cost available for those who want to submit their business formation documents by mail:
- 24-hour processing for $125 extra
- 2-hour processing for $500 extra
- 1-hour processing for $1,000 extra
How Do I Change My Nevada Registered Agent?
You can change your registered agent by completing a Registered Agent Acceptance or Statement of Change form and submitting it to the Nevada Secretary of State. This must be filed in person or by mail, fax, or email, along with the $60 filing fee.
And the Best Registered Agent in Nevada is...
Whether you take on the registered agent role yourself or outsource it to another person or entity, the Nevada registered agent must understand their role and responsibilities.
Finding the best registered agent service in Nevada is crucial if you want to expand your business while saving time and money, keeping privacy, and complying with state offices and regulations.
When looking for a Nevada registered agent, you should constantly examine and review key characteristics such as their service features, ease of use, customer feedback, and cost.
But, whichever service you choose, we hope this guide has been useful to you in assessing your business' needs and finding the most suitable registered agent service.