Hiring the best LLC services in Maryland is the best option to help you secure yourself from the debts and liabilities that come with your business.
And if you’re looking to hire an LLC formation service provider to handle your legwork, you have come to the right place.
But before you proceed, hiring Maryland registered agent services may include several factors.
These include your needs, what your business is about, and the legal services necessary for your business.
This article lists the best services in Maryland and discusses how they must be at the top of your choices.
Not only that, but we also included how beneficial they would be, their drawbacks, and other services they may feature.
Our Top 5 Recommended LLC Services in Maryland (September 2022)
1 - ZenBusiness (Editor's Choice)
ZenBusiness provides one of the best services in Maryland. Established in 2016, they have made a name for themselves with their high-quality registered agent services and affordable and reasonable business formation packages.
ZenBusiness has formed over 300,000 LLCs nationwide. And based on 4,500 online customer reviews,
They have a rating of 4.7/5. In addition, they also provide three LLC formation package tiers—making their LLC formation package the most well-rounded one available today.
Their basic package costs $39, including free registered agent services and a free operating agreement template.
Not only that, but they also provide discounts for their other legal services. So if you’re looking for the best services in Maryland, ZenBusiness must also make it to your top choices.
- Starter Formation Package: This package includes a Free CPA assessment, LLC formation, a registered agent service for a year, and a free operating agreement template.
- Pro Package: This package adds EIN Registration, VIP processing, handling of annual report filings, and two yearly amendments.
- Premium Package: In this particular package, rush filing, business domain name, website email address, and domain privacy are added.
- Registered Agent Service: This package includes a year of free registered agent service for all three of its LLC formation packages. This service is then renewed annually for $119 or $99 a la carte.
- It features cost-effective LLC formation packages
- Customer services are personalized and responsive
- They have excellent customer feedback online
- Includes a year of registered agent service.
- Since they are a relatively newly established company, they do not have much experience.
- Paying $70 is a requirement to get an EIN for basic packages.
2 - Northwest Registered Agent
Having been established in 1998, Northwest Registered Agent is one of the oldest LLC service companies in the industry.
Thus, building up a good reputation for being dependable on their services in the long run.
Northwest Registered Agent has made a name for themselves—known for their top-notch, excellent customer support services in the industry of LLC.
They also provide an LLC formation package that comes at an affordable and reasonable price.
Their LCC formation pricing starts at $39 and includes a free year of registered agent service—giving you the best LLC services in Maryland in a budget-friendly manner.
- Base Information Package: This includes all the paperwork required for the LCC formation processes in Maryland, such as name searches, registration, and filing of all formation documents. In addition, it also includes a 1-year free registered agent.
- Deluxe Package: This package includes services from the base formation package plus access to an Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- Registered Agent Services: This package includes a free year of registered agent service. The service then renews annually for $135.
- Top-notch customer service
- They include a one-year Maryland registered agent
- Has a mail forwarding service
- Features in their packages are limited
- Doesn’t have many customer reviews online
3 - IncFile
IncFile is one of the few Maryland registered agent providers that doesn’t charge business owners and entrepreneurs for their business formation services. Thus, earning a spot on the best services in Maryland.
Yes, you have read that right. The only things that require payments are Maryland state fees, address fees, and certification services.
You don’t need to worry about everything else because IncFile themselves will handle them.
IncFile’s customer service department is highly applauded for its quick response time. And this was authenticated by over 10,000 customer reviews—all of which have given almost 5-star ratings at best.
The only drawback that seems to arise with IncFile is their third-party offers and a few upsells.
Regardless, it does not necessarily affect the good LLC formation services that the company provides. If you don’t mind, that is, the promotional partnerships and upsells.
- Free Silver Package: This includes Maryland LLC formation, a year of free registered agent service, and lifetime company compliance alerts.
- IncFile Gold: In this particular package, there’s an addition of preparation of operating agreement, banking resolution, and EIN registration.
- Platinum Package: Includes a free business website and domain name, business contract templates, and priority expedited filing.
- Registered Agent Service: This includes a year of free registered agent service. The service then renews annually for $199.
- IncFile has free registered agent services
- It’s an ideal LLC company for low-budget startups.
- It includes a year of registered agent service
- Has an over 98% of approval from customer reviews online
- Has third-party offers and a few upsells
- IncFile requires an extra payment to get an EIN registration
- Overwhelming company alerts
4 - LegalZoom
LegalZoom is the ideal choice for you if you’re a start-up or a small business owner looking for the best services in Maryland.
This LLC formation service provider provides extensive legal services, including business formation, registered agent services, business annual report services, and consultation with independent attorneys.
Established in 2011, LegalZoom has earned a top-notch, excellent track record for assisting over 4 million people and businesses in many ways. Half of these involve LLC formations.
However, LegalZoom's registered agent services may come at a higher price than other companies on this list as they have made a strong brand identity for over a decade. In addition, their entry-level may be reasonable but not as feature-rich as the others.
But it does not change the fact that LegalZoom sits at the top of the LLC formation industry as the strongest brand among the companies. Hence, making their services one or arguably the best in Maryland.
- LLC Formation Package: Their price is $79 + Maryland state fee. It also includes essential LLC filing services.
- Basic Economy Package: The price starts at $329 + the Maryland state fee in this particular package. It includes a business name search, Peace of Mind Review™, compliance check, and 30-minute consultation for tax savings.
- Standard Package: The price is $349 + the Maryland state fee. It also has an addition of deluxe organizers and official certificates and seals.
- Express Gold Package: The price also starts at $349 + Maryland state fee, with the addition of express shipping and VIP processing.
- Business Advisory Plan: In this package, they offer tax advice, attorney help, and access to legal forms.
- Registered Agent Services: Comes at the price of $159 in its first year of addition to the package. The service then renews annually for $249.
- The ultimate one-stop shop
- Unrivaled Brand Recognition
- High customer volume
- Much more expensive than other competitors
- Registered agent is not included in their LLC Formation Package
- Mediocre customer reviews
5 - MyCompanyWorks
If you are looking for an LLC formation service provider that has a same-day filing—to avoid going through the troubles of doing it for a couple of days, you have come to the right place.
MyCompanyWorks is a mid-sized online business formation service that provides a same-day filing for your Maryland LLC—making their services one of the best in Maryland.
Not only that, but they also have an authentic track record and have helped over 60,000 businesses.
MyCompanyWorks is also perfect for business owners who want to form multiple LLCs. Not to mention, their setup wizard is a significant component of their brand.
It helps mobilize and walks you through the online LLC services and the process in its formation.
Regarding their customer service, MyCompanyWorks has more than 3,500 online reviews. All of which have a rating of an average of 4.5/5.
- Basic Formation Package: Includes preparation and filing of Articles of Organization, Business name search, Draft LLC Operating Agreement, organizational Minutes, Phone and Email Customer Support, and company alerts.
- Entrepreneur Formation Package: Includes a year of registered agent service, Federal Tax ID Number (EIN) registration, and MyCompanyWorks business forms.
- Complete Formation Package: Has MyCompanyWorks premium features, which include annual report service with due date tracking, initial report service, monitoring of your business entity, compliance alert, and many more.
- Has a same-day filing of LLC
- Has a great customer support
- Has many positive customer reviews
- The only most expensive package is the one that includes a registered agent service.
- Comes at a higher price in the pricing spectrum
Advantages of Creating an LLC in Maryland
Creating an LLC in Maryland comes with benefits depending on what type of business you have.
This business entity shields a corporation's liability, including a sole proprietorship's tax flexibility. Listed below are some of the advantages that come with creating an LLC in Maryland.
1. Shields Personal Liability
Creating an LLC for your business comes with many benefits, including protection from personal creditors. With the LLC's protection, business creditors cannot go after your assets, such as your home, vehicle, or bank accounts.
Not only that, but an LLC Company in Maryland can also protect small business owners and members from potential personal liability incurred by their fellow LLC owners and members.
2. Pass-Through Taxation
Forming an LLC in Maryland gives you an edge in creating a corporation, especially in taxes. That is how pass-through taxation comes into the picture.
It means your taxes are passed through your business—where it is directly paid to you as a personal income.
In addition, creating an LLC in Maryland allows you to simplify managing and minimize your taxes. As a result, your Maryland-based LLC is no longer required to pay corporate and personal taxes, unlike many large corporations.
3. Less Complexity in Formation and Operation
Regularly dealing with legal documents and paperwork can be a bit hassle. Creating an LLC in Maryland is the best option to secure your business.
It is easier to set up and manage, as its formation process and operation are far more straightforward than that of a corporation.
In addition, an LLC formation in Maryland only requires filing articles of organization with the Maryland Secretary of State. Moreover, an LLC is not required to have annual meetings or keep detailed minutes, unlike a corporation.
4. Flexibility in Raising Capital
With the help of an LLC in Maryland, it is easier to raise capital than if it was established as a sole proprietorship or general partnership. As an LLC in Maryland, adding new members without giving them a complete say in management is possible.
In addition, unlike a sole proprietorship and general partnership, you cannot accept investments without becoming partners.
Maryland LLC Formation Process
If you have come across the idea that the Maryland Secretary of State requires small businesses to employ an LLC formation service to form an LLC on their behalf, then you might as well know that the answer is no.
That said, you can complete the LLC formation process on your own—saving you hundreds of dollars.
Follow these seven (7) easy steps to form an LLC in Maryland:
Step 1: Choose a name for your Maryland LLC
Step 2: Search for a Maryland registered agent
Step 3: Submit the Maryland Certificate of Formation
Step 4: Create a Maryland LLC Operating Agreement
Step 5: Apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN).
Step 6: Choose the type of your Maryland LLC
Step 7: File your Maryland LLC annual report
Qualities To Look For in a Maryland LLC Service
- Competitive pricing of packages: When looking for the best Maryland registered agent services, you must consider the practicality of choosing a reasonable bundle that includes all the tools you need to establish your business.
- Ease of use: The order process of forming a business should be simple. Moreover, an LLC formation service with an easy-to-use internet interface is a great addition—giving you a better online experience.
- Customer Support: LLC formation services with a rapid response time are the ideal option for a hassle-free and worry-free experience.
- Proven track record: The essential quality you must consider when choosing an LLC formation service is its track record. You should check if the firm has an outstanding, top-notch track record and client reviews easily found online.
How Long Does It Take To Form My LLC in Maryland?
It can take up to 8 weeks to form your LLC in Maryland. Your mail filings for Maryland LLCs take 6 to 8 weeks to be approved. It considers the processing period of 4-6 weeks, and the time your documents spend in the mail. Maryland LLC online filing approvals take seven business days.
How Much Does It Cost To Create a Maryland LLC?
It costs $100 to create a Maryland LLC. LLC's Articles of Organization with the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation online represents most of the cost of establishing an LLC.
You must file the franchise tax and yearly report with the Secretary of State in Maryland, where the annual report charge is $300.
Do I Need an LLC Service in Maryland?
Yes, you need an LLC service in Maryland if you don't want to deal with all of the paperwork involved in the LLC creation procedure. You can complete the process independently because the Secretary of State does not mandate that you hire LLC services for your business formation.
How Many Small Businesses Are There in Maryland Today?
There are 477,233 small businesses in Maryland today, according to the most recent federal data. Out of 477,233 small enterprises, 134,095 are staffed. The remaining 343,138 are unstaffed small companies in Maryland.
How To Choose the Best LLC Services in Maryland for You?
Your choice should be determined by what you are looking for in a Maryland LLC formation service and which Maryland LLC formation services are best-suited and will benefit your business the most.
Our best pick is ZenBusiness because of its comprehensive and cost-effective services. Whether you are a small business owner or entrepreneur, you will be saved from the worries that arise with starting a business, especially in the registration process.
The prices are very affordable for an LLC formation package. They include one-year free Maryland registered agent services, which makes ZenBusiness an excellent value for the money, as many former customers have confirmed.