Forming an LLC in North Dakota can be daunting if you’re going to do it all by yourself. It will require tons of effort and research, so hiring an LLC formation service is the best choice for many.
However, since several firms provide LLC formation services on the Internet, it can be tough to decide which firm is the best fit for your North Dakota business and preferences.
With that being said, we have spent two months testing different companies and forming up to 12 LLCs across North Dakota to see which one is the best.
In this review, we picked the top six companies for North Dakota business formation services based on our experience.
6 Best LLC Services in North Dakota (October 2023)
1 - ZenBusiness (Editor's Choice)Would you recommend ZenBusiness?
Despite being a young firm, ZenBusiness is outperforming its competitors with low-cost packages and outstanding client service.
We tried using ZenBusiness to start our North Dakota business, and the process was simple and took about 15 minutes.
They promised us an expedited North Dakota LLC processing time of 6 to 8 days and delivered within that timeframe.
Impressively, they only bill for registered agent services post-LLC formation, emphasizing their customer-first mindset.
Using ZenBusiness will help you write and publish your personal business entity formation paperwork, eliminating the obligation to hire attorneys or any other relatively pricey specialists to complete the process for yourself.
- Starter Package ($0 + $135 State Fee): This business formation services package offers a standard filing speed (ready in about two to three weeks), a 100% accuracy guarantee, and expense and deduction tracking. Plus, you can enjoy added benefits like banking services with a 1-month free trial, followed by $5/month, and a bank account with the same trial and pricing. You'll also get Money Pro Bookkeeping and a Website Builder. Additionally, Zen Business provides the option for worry-free compliance during the first year at no extra cost (optional), with an annual renewal fee of $199 if accepted.
- Pro Package ($199 + $135 State Fee): ZenBusiness Pro provides every of the LLC services included in the Starter plan, along with some extra business formation options such as a personalized operating agreement (at $99), an Employer Identification Number, and the fastest rush-filing speed within 1 to 2 working, days.
- Premium Package ($349 + $135 State Fee): ZenBusiness Premium LLC service package includes the entire Pro package features alongside business document templates and internet tools (domain name, email address, customizable business website).
- North Dakota Registered Agent Service ($199): ZenBusiness' registered agent services in North Dakota cost $199 and are not taken until after the business is formed.
- A wide range of formation packages
- Inexpensive packages
- Worry-free compliance
- Establish businesses quickly and efficiently
- Knowledgeable customer service team
- No possibility of non-profit business formation
2 - Northwest Registered AgentWould you recommend Northwest Registered Agent?
Northwest Registered Agent maintains in-house quality client service with a staff of properly qualified Business Counselors.
When we have called with questions about complex federal regulations or forming an LLC, the person we speak to is always able to address all of our issues immediately away.
We navigated the initial filing in 9 minutes, and our filing was finalized in 72 hours.
Northwest Registered Agent aims to provide excellent customer service from their best LLC formation services located around the US and claims never to share the client's personal information.
- Basic Package ($39 + $135 State Fee): Basic Package will give you a year of free agent services, an operating agreement, and articles of organization.
- Full Service LLC Formation Package ($225 + $135 State Fee): This LLC service package includes an operating agreement and same-business-day filing of a client account with different online tools and documentation.
- Northwest Registered Agent Services ($125): You will receive a free year of the registered agent if you decide to create an LLC using Northwest services. After that, the price is $125/year. Privacy, expert corporate guides, and free mail forwarding are included in their LLC services.
- 2-decade-long record
- Excellent privacy protection
- Transparent fees
- 1-year free registered agent service
3 - IncFileWould you recommend IncFile?
They provide a number of the most economical business formation and registered agent services in the industry.
Over time, the organization has developed a brand name for ensuring superior service at a cheaper rate compared to its competitors.
Incfile manages the formation of limited liability companies (LLCs), S-corporations, C-corporations, and charitable organizations.
Forming an LLC with them was easy and stress-free. They made the process easier by giving us a full year of guaranteed free agent service.
From our experience, customers also get accessibility to many add-ons like accounting services.
- Silver Package ($0 + $135 State Fee): Prepares and files the articles of organization in your name plus a free registered agent service for a full year, unlimited name searches, and customer support.
- Gold Package ($199 + $135 State Fee): This LLC service includes the Silver Package features and additionally EIN Business Tax Number and the IRS Form 2553, plus the operating agreement, lifetime company alerts, online dashboard, and business consultation.
- Platinum Package ($299 + $135 State Fee): This LLC formation service package comes with the domain name with a business email, free next-day filing, and every feature that's included in the Gold Package.
- Registered Agent Services ($119): If you decide to use any of the LLC formation service packages offered by IncFile, the registered agent will be free of charge in the first year. If you renew it or buy it separately, it will cost you $119 per year.
- 1-year free registered agent service
- They aided in the formation of over 500,000 businesses
- Limitless phone and email assistance
- A lot of cross-sells
4 - LegalZoom
LegalZoom is a web-based LLC formation services provider, best known as a one-stop shop for every legal business requirement a company needs.
Forming an LLC with them was easy. We started with their Basic plan, as it is the most popular LegalZoom LLC product.
This bundle includes a name check, an electronic welcome kit, and quick support, which is handy when starting.
LegalZoom additionally offers a variety of legal assistance to people in areas like estate planning and development, separation and divorce, and real estate and construction transactions.
- Basic Package ($0 + $135 State Fee): Basic package includes name search and business entity filing, a customizable website, and articles of organization.
- Pro Package ($249 + $135 State Fee): The Pro package comes with an EIN, operating agreement, and tax savings consultation. You'll also enjoy a comprehensive guide on licensing along with all the Basic package features.
- Premium Package ($299 + $135 State Fee): This LLC service package has all Pro package features plus unlimited 30-minute consultations and up-to-date LLC document changes within the first 90 days of subscription. You also get hands-on guidance from a North Dakota business attorney.
- Registered Agent Services ($299): Buying it separately or renewing your membership will cost you $299 yearly. However, LegalZoom offers a $50 discount for the registered agent service in the first year if you decide to start your LLC using LegalZoom services.
- Simple online platform
- Excellent client service
- Offers a money-back guarantee
- Extremely costly
- Slow response time
5 - Swyft Filings
Swyft Filings is a young business in the competitive limited liability companies (LLC) formation service sector.
This is a low-cost business formation company that offers one of the industry's fastest services, which is why we decided to test them first hand.
Forming an LLC with Swyft Filings was fast and easy. The application procedure was completed in around 10 minutes, and it's their standard time, regardless of the sort of organization you're founding.
It is particularly fit for startups or small enterprises looking for a speedy LLC formation service at a minimal cost.
- Basic Package ($0 + $135 State Fee): Ideal if you want basic LLC incorporation plus document filing as part of your preferred North Dakota LLC formation services.
- Standard Package ($199 + $135 State Fee): All the services from the Basic Package are included in this package, including Federal Tax ID (EIN), operating agreement, and banking resolution.
- Premium Package ($299 + $135 State Fee): All the previous features plus a free domain and business website hosting are included in Premium Package, as well as a customized digital corporate kit.
- Registered Agent Service ($99 per three months): Registered Agent Services are available every quarter.
- Flexible pricing
- Personalized customer service
- Installment transactions are permitted
- Vague service offerings
- Registered agent service is not covered in all of its packages
6 - Harbor Compliance
Harbor Compliance is famous for its excellent customer service, and this is something that we can confirm.
When we formed our LLC with them, Harbor offered clear directions and strong expertise.
Upon purchase, we were presented to their Compliance Specialist in just 24 hours and received personalized assistance.
They are operated by skilled in-house individuals, unlike certain companies that outsource their assistance to third-party customer support.
- Formation Package ($99 + $135 State Fee): Harbor Compliance files the articles of organization with the Secretary of State with their LLC services.
- Registered Agent Service (89-$99): Annual fees range from $89-$99 per state and a 5-10% discount is available if you book your registered agent for more than two years.
- 24-hour processing time for LLC formation service
- Exceptional customer support
- Privacy protection
- Extremely costly LLC services
- There are only minimal solutions in the formation bundle
Advantages of Creating an LLC in North Dakota
Here are the advantages of creating a limited liability company using an LLC service in North Dakota:
1. Personal Liability Protection
Members are not individually accountable for the activities of the corporation. This security remains in place as long as you manage your firm responsibly as well as retain personal and company finances isolated .
The legal liabilities of a limited liability company normally do not jeopardize the North Dakota LLC owner's financial property, including their dwelling or private bank account.
2. Simple Startup and Maintenance
LLCs are easier to establish than C and S corporations. You should be capable of starting a North Dakota LLC even with the absence or assistance of a lawyer.
By establishing a North Dakota LLC, you give your company its very own formal business entity. This gives your company a much more competent and reputable appearance to customers.
Clients and other organizations will see an LLC as something more reputable, and forming a North Dakota LLC may demonstrate to others that the owners or administration is giving your business the utmost importance.
4. Profit-Sharing Freedom
Corporate organizations often distribute profits depending on an owner's investment or the number of company shares. Profits are often shared evenly among partners in a general partnership .
On the other hand, owners of a North Dakota LLC are not restricted to their amount of possession. However, they could choose to split earnings differently.
North Dakota LLC Formation Process
A North Dakota LLC enables a company's owner to restrict their liability for corporate obligations, obtain investments from investors, and reap the benefits of several tax benefits alongside a business address.
Therefore, if you're considering forming one, these are the procedures to follow to incorporate an LLC in North Dakota.
- Step 1: Select a Name for Your North Dakota LLC
- Step 2: Select a Registered Agent
- Step 3: File Articles of Organization
- Step 4: Create an Operating Agreement
- Step 5: Get an EIN
- Step 6: Submit Annual Reports
Qualities to Look For in a North Dakota LLC Service
Here are the following qualities to look for in a North Dakota LLC service:
Find North Dakota LLC services with reasonable pricing while providing high-quality service. To avoid needless expenses, look for a business formation service with levels that aren't overburdened with superfluous features.
2. Excellent Customer Service
Good North Dakota LLC services should have extremely informed personnel and be capable of choosing a preferred support person if you've previously had a pleasurable interaction with them. That implies that you'll be able to speak with the same individual in each call you make.
3. Utilization Efficiency
Look for North Dakota LLC services that offer a simple, user-friendly online purchasing method. The purchase orders and payment websites must be designed to understand each option's price clearly.
It also should be easy to use online platforms such as a web dashboard that conveniently organizes all your LLC documents. It should also have a quick turnaround time to fulfill and submit time-sensitive documents.
4. Useful Features
The North Dakota LLC provider's services offered in their bundles must meet all of your demands as an entrepreneur. You should be able to obtain everything necessary to establish your LLC.
The LLC services they provide ought to assist your firm in contacting clients, increasing exposure, and protecting your data.
How Long Does It Take To Get an LLC in North Dakota?
It would take 4-5 weeks to get an LLC in North Dakota, assuming that you have registered online. On the other hand, if you file by mail, it could take 2-3 weeks.
Our Favourite LLC Service Provider in North Dakota Is...
Finding the best LLC filing service entails selecting a firm that provides the perfect mix of services in North Dakota for your company and has a proven record of collaborating with and establishing companies similar to your sector while still having competitive rates.
ZenBusiness stands out from among the hundreds of legitimate firms providing an LLC or corporation formation in North Dakota.
We got the most value from their $199 Pro Package (without state fees) due to the excellent value for money it gives and great user evaluations.
As an experienced business consultant with a deep understanding of LLC formation services, I can say that ZenBusiness Pro Package is worth it.
Compared to Starter Package, Pro Plan offered faster filling speed which speed up the process by up to six days.
They stand out as an excellent choice for soon-to-be entrepreneurs looking for a business formation service as they start their businesses.