Choosing the best registered agent service in Georgia is a critical step in starting an LLC. They either keep your Georgia LLC in good standing with the Secretary of State or expose it to the risk of losing important legal documents in the mail or, worse, missing important deadlines.
When you search online, you can easily find different Georgia registered agent service, but it is still best to choose the most suitable for your business entity.
So, to assist you with this, we listed in this guide the best registered agent service in Georgia.
Top 5 Registered Agents in Georgia (January 2023)
1 - Northwest Registered Agent (Editor's Choice)
In addition to providing scanning services and forwarding each document to your street address, Northwest Registered Agent also informs you of future filing deadlines, ensuring that you file all tax documents such as annual returns, franchise taxes, and more on time.
Their high-quality service is supported by a US-based customer service team whose members are accountants, former lawyers, and small business owners and entrepreneurs.
- Registered Agent Services: Costs $39 in the first year with an annual renewal at $125.
- Georgia LLC Formation: Basic package includes registered agent service, free mail forwarding, same-day local document scanning, Privacy by Default®, and Local Corporate Guides®, and the price starts at $125.
- Has strong protection in your information
- Professional team of customer service
- Very adept in their 20+ years in experience
- No unclear charges
- One year registered agent service formation packages
- Higher price than the competition
2 - ZenBusiness
ZenBusiness is your best choice if you're looking for some of the lowest Georgia registered agent prices without the LLC formation. For just $99, you get access to personalized customer support as well as easy-to-use software.
They also provide full registered agent service coverage and the option to upgrade services at an additional cost.
ZenBusiness bases its business on reasonable prices and customer commitment through a transparent, user-friendly interface. Over 4,500 online customer reviews with an average rating of 4.7/5 prove that.
- Basic Package: Without LLC formation, the price starts at $99.
- Registered Agent Service Worry-Free Compliance Package: Includes filing all sorts of legal documents like annual reports, and provides two free changes to filings. It also gives coverage for any fees incurred if you fail to comply with the state. Costs an additional $50 per state.
- Georgia LLC Formation: Basic package price starts at $39 and includes a free operating agreement template and one-year Georgia registered agent service.
- An affordable and clear pricing structure
- Chat support hours is long
- Tons of customer feedback online
- Money-back guarantee for 60 days
- Low level of brand awareness
3 - IncFile
IncFile is one of the few service companies that offer free LLC formation services in Georgia, including one free year of registered agent services.
IncFile helps new small business owners get their businesses started even if they're on a budget.
More than 13,500 positive online reviews support the quality that IncFile provides to its users.
Ease of use and excellent customer service make them stand out from the competition.
- Registered Agent Services: The annual fee is $119, but you get a free registered agent service with formation packages included.
- Georgia LLC Formation: Due to the Georgia Corporations Division for the first year, you may need to pay the $100 filing fee. Otherwise, it's free of charge.
- Excellent registered agent dashboard
- Free year registered agent service with all formation packages
- Quick turnaround processing
- No extra costs
- Provides few options for support
4 - Rocket Lawyer
Aside from having very strategic estate planning software, Rocket Lawyer is also qualified in different services. They cover both the registered agent service and LLC formation.
It is an excellent option for any business owner looking for high-quality legal benefits.
More than 80,000 business entities have used their services of long-term legal assistance and advice.
Rocket Lawyer guarantees successful cooperation and coverage of all client needs with the agent services.
- Registered Agent Services: Annual fee of $149.99 for non-members covers submitting the Georgia Certificate of Formation and storing legal documents in an online repository.
- Business Bundle Plan: Free agent services are included in the first year.
- Responsive customer support
- Prices are based on subscription
- Provides storage of legal documents
- Professional legal support
- Service features are limited
- Credit card for a free trial
5 - LegalZoom
Just like the Rocket Lawyer, LegalZoom is the right place if you need various services from experts.
However, you may expect their prices to be higher than competitors, as they have earned a significant presence in the agent services industry.
Their Georgia Registered Agent service provides calendar compliance, unlimited cloud storage, and high data security. The top feature of their service is providing $1 million in identity theft protection.
- Georgia Registered Agent Services: Paying a $299 annual fee includes unlimited cloud storage, business data protection, and a compliance calendar. The premium feature offers up to $1 million of identity theft protection.
- Georgia LLC Formation: Business formation services are $79 without the state fee.
- Offers various services from experts
- High brand recognition and trust
- It has a large number of customers
- Online customer reviews are mediocre
- Registered agent isn't included with LLC formations
- Higher prices
What Are the Benefits of Working With a Registered Agent Service in Georgia?
Acting as your registered agent lowers your initial business costs. Still, there are clear benefits to partnering with an established registered agent that make any additional fees well worth the effort .
1. Saves money in the long run
A registered agent can help entrepreneurs with multi-state LLCs submit legal documents and pay state filing fees on time. This way, LLCs avoid additional expenses from being overdue.
2. Maintains privacy
With the help of a registered agent, an LLC owner does not have to worry about many privacy issues.
A registered agent service ensures that your personal address is not exposed in public records – they provide a physical address, which means they will deliver all papers to the registered office address, including in defendant LLC cases .
3. Highly dependable
LLCs may benefit from the services of a registered agent with years of experience working with other business entities. Registered agents can provide additional legal services that help owners run their LLCs well and keep them on the right side of the law. Things can get complicated if it involves state or corporate law matters.
The registered agent can provide their client with an online account that securely saves all company files and documentation in one location, and handles the paperwork, as many entrepreneurs want to focus on their business instead of dealing with administrative tasks.
All of that is possible with the assistance of a registered agent service.
How Much Does a Georgia Registered Agent Service Cost?
A Georgia Registered Agent Service can cost from $50 to $300 annually. Considering how much time and energy it will save you, it is a small price.
Most Georgia top registered agent services offer assistance in filing the paperwork to create an LLC, filing annual reports, monitoring due dates and renewals, and providing other legal services.
Who Can Be a Georgia Registered Agent?
Like any other state, Georgia allows any entity or individual to act as a registered agent for a Georgia business. This is provided they are at least 18 years old, have an address in the state in which the LLC is created, and are available during normal business hours.
Here are four options you can select from when appointing a registered agent for your Georgia LLC:
- Option 1: Be your own LLC's Georgia Registered Agent.
- Option 2: Appoint your LLC as its own Registered Agent.
- Option 3: Designate a trusted friend or family member as your LLC's Registered Agent.
- Option 4: Hire a Georgia Registered Agent Company.
Is My Georgia LLC Required to Have a Georgia Registered Agent?
Yes, your Georgia LLC is required to have a Georgia registered agent. Every business entity formed and registered with the Georgia Secretary of State must appoint a registered agent. Without it, the Secretary of State will reject your LLC formation filing.
What Does a Georgia Registered Agent Do?
A Georgia registered agent do is to act as the point of contact for your business. This means they are responsible for receiving service of process, like legal notice of a lawsuit and legal documents from the Secretary of State on behalf of your LLC.
Can a Business Be a Georgia Registered Agent?
Yes, a business can be a registered agent in Georgia. A business owner or the LLC itself can be a registered agent provided they are above 18 and have a physical address in Georgia.
Can I Act as My Registered Agent in Georgia?
Yes, you can act as your registered agent in Georgia, which means you will be the person in charge of receiving all official documents on the company's behalf.
Can I Use a PO Box for My LLC in Georgia?
Yes, you can use a PO Box for your LLC in Georgia. Your registered agent, on the other hand, must have a physical address in Georgia.
Can I Use a Virtual Address for My Georgia LLC?
Yes, you can use a virtual address for your Georgia LLC. For small company owners, it is arguably a better alternative than listing their home address. Plus, it enables startups and small business owners to have a physical presence in any place without incurring the hefty fee of office space rentals.
And the Best Registered Agent in Georgia is...
You should review their service features, customer feedback, and cost when looking for Georgia registered agents. We recommend Northwest Registered Agent if you want the best Georgia registered agent.
They offer all the necessary services to help your LLC grow and succeed. They are professionals equipped to assess your business needs and identify the most suitable services for your company.
They are perhaps the longest-running service in the industry, so you can't go wrong with them.