Finding the best LLC service in Hawaii can save you from formation paperwork errors, unfulfilled requirements, and missed deadlines. However, choosing the best Hawaii LLC services can sometimes be difficult, especially when there are several of them.
We have gone the extra mile to determine which Hawaii LLC services stand out in the industry. We sought advice from experienced lawyers in the industry and assessed various options to rank them according to specific criteria.
Additionally, we spoke with other legal experts and delved into the formation service features of each provider to compare them with the other contenders on the list.
4 Best LLC Services in Hawaii (October 2023)
1 - ZenBusiness (Editor's Choice)Would you recommend ZenBusiness?
ZenBusiness is a relatively new business formation service provider that has been in operation since 2015.
ZenBusiness is progressively climbing the ladder among startup businesses in Hawaii and around the US, thanks to its extensive choice of LLC formation packages that match any business's needs and budget.
Their commitment to quality and customer satisfaction drove us to seek their service, and we were pleased with what they offered. We found their systems simple to use and intuitive, saving us time.
Their dashboard, designed for clarity, offers a post-filing guide, and their resource-rich section is perfect for business management insights. A standout feature is their billing policy for registered agent services, initiated only post-LLC creation, reflecting their dedication to clients.
ZenBusiness masterfully combines promptness, clarity, and excellent support.
We would highly recommend them whether you are starting a business or just need some advice.
- Starter Formation Package ($0 + $51 State Fee): LLC formation, name search, and online dashboard. Includes standard filing speed (2 to 3 weeks), accounting consultation, automatic expense tracking, tax deduction tagging, and a 100% accuracy guarantee. Worry-free compliance is free for the first year (optional), with a renewal cost of $199/year if accepted by customers. Moreover, users can benefit from a one-month free trial of the Banking and Bank Account services, priced at $5 per month thereafter. The package also has the Money Pro Bookkeeping tool and a Website Builder.
- Pro package ($199 + $51 State Fee): Everything from the Starter package and registering your Employer Identification Number (EIN). The package also includes the swift "rush" filing speed, averaging 1-2 business days. An LLC operating agreement template is available at $99 for further assistance.
- Premium package ($349 + $51 State Fee): All features from the two packages above, including a customizable business website, domain name registration, privacy, business email address, and business document templates.
- Registered Agent Service ($199): Renews annually for just $199. Provides a public physical address and a registered agent.
- A large variety of formation packages
- Reasonable pricing
- Worry-free business compliance
- Quick turnaround
- Positive customer experience
- Non-profit business formation is unavailable
2 - Northwest Registered AgentWould you recommend Northwest Registered Agent?
Northwest Registered Agent is a well-established business formation service based in Washington and has been in operation for over 20 years.
Northwest has become one of the best Hawaii LLC services known for its customer-centric LLC formation process.
We went through the initial steps in 9 minutes, and in a mere 72 hours, our filing was finalized.
From our experience, their highly skilled support team was there to help us with questions throughout the formation process. We really liked their online dashboard as well.
They also have outstanding customer reviews on BBB, despite having yet to have accreditation from the platform.
Northwest Registered Agent has opened offices in all other 50 states and has serviced over two million businesses. They work with up to 200 new LLCs and corporations daily.
- Base Formation Package ($39 + $51 State Fee): LLC formation process paperwork, 1-year free registered agent, and operating agreement, and it can be used to create businesses, organizations, and LLCs.
- Full Service LLC Formation Package ($225 + $51 State Fee): This takes care of your EIN processing and provides you with a free LLC operating agreement. In addition, there are features such as limited mail forwarding, and free forms and tools.
- Registered Agent Service ($125): Free in the first year with LLC formation packages, then renewed annually for $125. Includes representation services and a physical address available during regular business hours.
- Over 20 years of industry experience
- High customer data privacy standards
- No hidden charges on their services
- Packages include 1-year registered agent services
- High price points
3 - IncFileWould you recommend IncFile?
IncFile is a reputable service provider with an easy-to-use LLC formation service available in all 50 states.
It took us a few phone calls to reach their representative during one of our trials of their service. Nonetheless, IncFile customer service was professional, competent, and responsive.
They also offer us some additional perks, such as a year of Registered Agent service at no charge and complimentary LLC compliance updates.
Overall, we found their services to be pretty decent and they do offer many perks.
- Silver Package ($0 + $51 State Fee): Filing the necessary paperwork to form an LLC in Hawaii, lifetime notifications of your company's compliance, plus a complimentary year of service from a Registered Agent - all in one convenient Silver Package!
- Gold Package ($199 + $51 State Fee): This LLC services package offers all the benefits of the Free Silver Package, plus assistance in preparing your operating agreement, an EIN registration, and banking resolution.
- Platinum Package ($299 + $51 State Fee): Enjoy all the benefits of the IncFile Gold Package, including a complimentary business website, domain name search, quick filing, and contract templates - all at no extra charge!
- Registered Agent Service ($119): Enjoy free registered agent service in Hawaii in the first year. After that, it costs $119 and renews for $119 annually. It has a customizable Dashboard that makes it simple to access your documents online.
- Very affordable
- 1-year free registered agent service
- Proven record of 500,000 established businesses
- Versatile features
- Unnecessary upsells
4 - LegalZoom
The final best Hawaii LLC service on our list offers one of the most comprehensive legal and filing services in the LLC service industry.
Their Hawaii registered agents offer compliance calendars and scan and forward crucial documents. Additionally, they issue refunds to dissatisfied customers. That's why giving them a try is a win-win situation.
Based on our experience, their Compliance Calendar has been an invaluable resource for keeping track of important compliance deadlines.
LegalZoom thoroughly reviews and copies pertinent documents, and as registered agents, they promptly contacted us by phone when we received a court date.
Their exceptional attention to detail and steadfast commitment to client satisfaction has been truly impressive.
If you're a Hawaii business owner who values brand power more than affordability, LegalZoom is the best LLC service for your business.
- Basic Package ($0 + $51 State Fee): This package comprises the essential features required to establish a legal LLC. It encompasses the articles of organization, name check service to authenticate the validity of your preferred business and a digital welcome packet. The package also provides a customizable WIX-powered website for a professional online presence.
- Pro Package ($249 + $51 State Fee): Experience all the great features of the Basic package, plus an EIN and operating agreement. With the Pro package, you also get initial phone consultations on insurance and taxes matters and a Hawaii comprehensive guide on business licensing.
- Premium Package ($299 + $51 State Fee): Enjoy Basic and Pro package features plus tailored guidance from a business attorney specialist in Hawaii. You also expect a 30 minutes countless attorney consultation and changes to the LLC formation document in the first 3 subscription months.
- Registered Agent Service ($299): This LLC Formation Service Package is an add-on service to every formation package. It renews annually for $299; the first year may cost $249 if you open your LLC through LegalZoom.
- Well-specialized in LLC formation services
- Comprehensive legal and filing services
- Trusted by many customers
- Does not offer registered agent service
- Pricy add-on service
Advantages of Creating an LLC in Hawaii
As a Hawaii entrepreneur, it is imperative that you know what benefits you can expect when you create an LLC in the state. Below are some of them:
1. Personal Asset Protection
When another entity sues the LLC, LLC owners in Hawaii do not have to worry about their personal assets, such as homes, vehicles, or bank accounts, being pursued by creditors.
With an LLC business structure, creditors can only collect LLC assets, nothing else.
Members of an LLC are safeguarded against any personal liabilities that may arise from the actions of other members .
2. Flexibility in Taxation
Hawaii-based LLCs are not required to pay corporate and personal taxes .
LLCs are usually seen as pass-through entities, so the taxes associated with the business are passed through to the LLC members, who then pay these taxes as their income tax. This simplifies tax management for small business owners, minimizing their tax expenses.
3. Business Formation and Operation Made Easy
Starting a Hawaii LLC does not require much paperwork and is straightforward to process, unlike starting other entities, such as a corporation.
Once you've filed your Hawaii Articles of Organization with the Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs, you can rest assured that you're all set! Additionally, LLCs don't need to worry about organizing annual meetings or keeping track of detailed minutes.
4. Hawaii LLC Privacy
LLCs in the Aloha state are not required to disclose any information about the LLC member to the state of Hawaii to form or maintain an LLC .
This is one of the primary reasons many people establish their LLCs in Hawaii, as not all states can protect your identity in this way.
Hawaii LLC Formation Process
Whether you opt to use LLC formation services or not, you should understand the formation process of a limited liability company as a business entity.
The following are the steps to starting an LLC in Hawaii:
- Step 1: Pick a Name for Your Hawaii LLC
- Step 2: Appoint Hawaai-based Registered Agent
- Step 3: Get Hawaii Licenses & Permits
- Step 4: File your Hawaii Articles of Organization
- Step 5: Draft your LLC Operating Agreement
- Step 6: Obtain an EIN through the Internal Revenue Service
Learn more about the cost of starting an LLC in Hawaii in our free guide.
How Long Does Forming a Hawaii LLC Usually Take?
Forming a Hawaii LLC usually takes 5 to 7 business days when Articles of Organization are filed online with the Hawaii Secretary of State. On the other hand, in-person filing usually takes approximately 3-4 weeks.
Can I Speed up the Formation of my LLC in Hawaii?
Yes, you can speed up the formation of your LLC in Hawaii for an extra $25. The Hawaii Secretary of State can expedite filing requests and process them within 1 to 3 business days.
Is an LLC Operating Agreement Required in Hawaii?
No, an LLC operating agreement is not required in Hawaii. However, having an operating agreement is one of the foundations of an LLC. It establishes the standards and expectations for the LLC and protects its operations. It also builds the Hawaii LLC's credibility as a legal entity.
BEST LLC Service Provider in Hawaii Is...
In selecting the best LLC formation service in Hawaii, you should consider the pricing of their packages, ease of use, customer support, and proven track record.
Based on our in-depth research and expert assessment, ZenBusiness is the LLC formation service that satisfies all of these criteria.
We recommend ZenBusiness because it provides a roster of LLC formation packages that match any Hawaii business needs and budget.
We tested their services and can attest that they have a competent customer service team who took the time to ensure we understood their LLC services.