If you are an entrepreneur looking to start an LLC in Idaho, collaborating with an LLC service is the best solution. It will simplify the process and ensure you get a good standing with the Idaho Secretary of State.
To help you choose the best LLC service for your business, we tested different services and ranked them based on service features, package pricing, and customer service professionalism.
Read on to find out which ranks top and offers the most successful LLC formation in Idaho.
Top 7 Idaho LLC Formation Services (February 2023)
1 - ZenBusiness (Editor's Choice)
ZenBusiness is the top LLC provider in Idaho because they provide the best LLC solutions for entrepreneurs at a reasonable price.
We like that they offered three different LLC creation options, each of which comes with a free registered agent service for a year to accommodate our particular company's needs.
We laud ZenBusiness's expertise as it has formed over 295,000 LLCs nationwide since it launched in 2015. In our experience, the LLC formation process was a breeze, and their 3-day turnaround was quite speedy.
Additionally, every time we contacted their support, we got a prompt response, and the team sufficiently addressed our concerns.
- Starter Formation Package ($49 + state filing fees $101): Has 2 to 3 weeks turnaround time. Includes preparation and filing of LLC formation documents, business name search, lifetime support, free tax consultation, and virtual business guide, among others.
- Pro Package ($199 + state filing fees $101): Has 4 to 6 days turnaround time. Starter Package features plus EIN registration, annual Compliance service, and operating agreement template.
- Premium Package ($299 + state filing fees $101): Has 1 to 2 days turnaround time, plus website email address, domain name privacy, and banking processes.
- Registered Agent Services ($99): All three of its LLC formation packages include a full year of statutory agent service. The plan then renews yearly for $199 or $99 a la carte.
- Offers various formation bundles
- LLC formation packages are cost-effective
- Fret-free compliance
- Speedy turnaround
- Many positive client reviews
- Weak brand recognition
2 - Northwest Registered Agent
Northwest Registered Agent is an experienced LLC formation online service with a strong focus on customer support, transparency, and privacy protection.
We appreciate that Northwest provided us with a registered agent and a physical address for accepting Service of Process documents when we purchased any of their Idaho LLC formation services.
Northwest Registered Agent also provides professional and skilled customer care operators to guide each customer in the formation process. Northwest Registered Agent's turnaround time varies according to the state in which your LLC is formed, unlike other Idaho LLC services.
- Base Formation Package ($39 + state filing fee): This Idaho LLC formation service package has 1 week turnaround time, LLC name availability, registration, Certificate of Organization, and all other legal documents.
- Deluxe Package ($179 + state filing fee): Lower formation bundle features plus EIN registration and a free operating agreement template.
- Registered Agent Services ($125/year): This Idaho LLC services package cost does not include the state filing service of $100.
- Expert in LLC formation with over 20 years' experience
- With client privacy protection
- No hidden fees
- Free Idaho registered agent services in Idaho LLC formation package
- Has expensive business formation services
3 - IncFile
Earning the third spot on our list of the best LLC services in Idaho is IncFile. They are a Texas-based online service provider with an online portal that’s straightforward and easy to use.
We rank this service because there are no fees associated with their Idaho LLC formation services, so we only needed to pay state fees and other minor charges.
IncFile guarantees to process and forward formation and business documents within one business day, which in our experience, was hard to acquire from other Idaho LLC formation services in the industry.
- Silver Package ($0 in the first year + state filing fees $100): This Idaho LLC services package includes LLC establishment in Idaho, lifelong corporate compliance notifications, and complimentary statutory agent service for one year.
- Incfile Gold ($149 + state filing fees $100): This Idaho LLC services package consists of operational agreement creation, EIN application, and banking clearance.
- Platinum Package ($249 + state filing fees $100): This Idaho LLC services package features from the previous version plus a free webpage and domain registration, quick filing, and sample company contracts.
- Registered Agent Services ($119): This Idaho LLC services package includes a free year of registered agent service in Idaho, then renews annually for $119.
- Highly affordable Idaho LLC formation services
- Includes free Idaho registered agent services for the first year
- Helped over 800,00 business start their LLC in Idaho
- Customer support is available via phone and email
- More upsells plus outsourced offers
4 - Rocket Lawyer
Rocket Lawyer is an internet-based legal service platform that offers business formation, legal document access, and legal advice.
The company is offering free LLC packages for those who choose to pay their monthly subscription of $39.99/month.
You can also check their 7-day free trial, wherein you can enjoy the benefits of their premium subscription, including free legal advice from their attorneys.
The only disadvantage with this trial is that you don't get full access to all the service features of Rocket Lawyer.
Also, remember to cancel this trial subscription if you don't plan to use Rocket Lawyer for the long term; failure to do so will cost you an automatic charge to your card because the trial account transforms into a paid subscription package.
- Registered Agent Service ($149.99 for non-subscribers): If you choose to be their member with a monthly subscription ($39.99/monthly), you can avail of their registered agent service for 25% off.
- Idaho LLC Formation Service ($99.99 for non-subscribers): This Idaho LLC services package doesn't include the state filing fees of $100. If you choose to become a member, Idaho LLC service is free of charge for new members and 25% off thereafter. A registered agent service fee will be added on top of LLC packages, whether members or non-members.
- A legal template that is easy to use
- Provides a free 7-day trial of its premium service
- Online legal consultation
- Not the most affordable option
- Live interaction is limited
5 - Swyft Filings
The company distinguishes its service due to its flexible pricing model. They offer installment payments which is a good deal if you're working with a tight budget.
This service provider is an ideal choice for startups that are new to the LLC formation process because Swyft Filings provides access to excellent business tax consultations from experts.
This is great to help you understand and navigate how to handle the legal aspects of your business so that you remain in good standing with the Idaho state laws.
With Swyft Filings, you can get expedited LLC services in Idaho, but this will cost you an extra $50.
- Registered Agent Service ($149/quarter): If computed annually, it is billed $596. This won’t include in all LLC formation packages.
- LLC Formation Package (starts at $49): Plus state filing fee of $100. This included name availability verification and submission of articles of organization.
- Flexible payment method for their LLC formation service
- Personalized client service for an LLC in Idaho
- 100% money-back guarantee
- More upsells for their business formation service
- Free registered agent service not included and expensive
6 - My Company Works
MyCompanyWorks offers a three-tiered pricing model from basic to complete package. Unlike any other competitors, the company’s registered agent cost is fixed even after a year.
They are not allowed to give legal advice but there is a free Business Tax Consultation offered that describes how your entity is taxed, which IRS forms must be filed, and how to pay yourself and your employees.
- Registered Agent Services ($99/year): Plus state filing fee of $101. This service automatically renews every year.
- LLC Formation Services (starts at $59): Plus state filing fee of $101. In this basic LLC formation service package, registered agents aren’t included unless you avail of their Entrepreneur ($179) or Complete package ($259).
- With great reviews from customers
- 100% assurance guarantee
- Online account dashboard
- Registered Agent service is not included in their basic package
- Comparably price point is a bit expensive
7 - LegalZoom
LegalZoom is a total game changer for small businesses in Idaho. They have an easy-to-use platform, and their solid customer support is quite friendly and responsive.
We confidently recommend this service because of their top-notch expertise; they've helped close to two million businesses with LLC formation service.
LegalZoom also offers direct contact to their team of attorneys that you can talk to and get legal counsel pertaining to running an LLC in Idaho.
Another great feature of LegalZoom is that you can decide whether you want to be taxed as an Idaho LLC ior a corporation; this is a great avenue to accrue some potential savings.
- Economy Package (Starts at $79): This business formation service package has up to 30 days turnaround time. This basic LLC formation package includes an authorization email for your business bank account and other essential LLC services.
- Standard Package ($329 + Idaho state fees): This business formation service package has up to 15 days turnaround time plus unlimited name searches, professional tax consultation, and Peace of Mind Review™ compliance check.
- Express Gold Package ($349 + Idaho state fees): Has 7 to 10 days turnaround time plus accelerated shipping and quicker document processing.
- Registered Agent Services ($299/year): Costs $159 in the first year if added to a formation package, then renews every year for $249.
- Strong brand presence in the industry
- Comprehensive legal services for your Idaho LLC
- Large client base
- Uncomprehensive LLC formation plans
- Lacks an Idaho registered agent service
Advantages of Creating an LLC in Idaho
Below are major advantages to forming an LLC business entity in Idaho that may help any Idaho business journey run more seamlessly.
1. Personal Asset Protection
In Idaho, you are shielded from private creditors when you form an LLC. Only the firm's assets are in danger if your corporation is sued. This safeguards their financial property by limiting the ability of company lenders to sue the LLC and not the proprietor or investors.
A limited liability company protects its members and owners from personal liability incurred by other LLC members and owners. Therefore, Idaho LLCs are ideal for small and medium startups .
2. Simple and Affordable Formation and Operation
A limited liability company is formed more quickly and easily than a corporation.
For their creation documentation, LLCs frequently need less paperwork than corporations, and the process is also quicker.
Idaho LLCs are exempt from multiple annual meetings and minute-taking requirements, so starting an LLC in Idaho is easy because it only requires filing a Certificate of Organization.
3. Flexibility in Taxation
An LLC has an advantage over a corporation when it comes to taxes. LLCs are subject to pass-through taxation, which means your taxes are paid directly to your personal income taxes .
In contrast to corporations, LLCs have more taxation options because they may still select whether to be taxed as a C business or an S corporation.
Our Selection Process
We know how important it is to have an efficient LLC Service in Idaho. So we researched every LLC service out there and narrowed down our list to those that meet our criteria of being affordable, customer-oriented, having valuable service features, and having a quick turnaround time.
Here we selected LLC providers that offer more features at a reasonable, affordable price.
Because most startups have a tight budget set aside for the LLC formation processes, it's important to hire a service provider that you can afford. This ensures you don't eat into your other business funds.
2. Service Features
Some companies offer a free basic package, while others provide more extensive service features, including different add-on packages.
Some of the main features we considered include efficient registered agent services, unlimited name search, website, and domain hosting, among others.
3. Customer Support
Third, we also evaluate the people behind the service. For the purposes of this criterion, we contacted the different customer service teams to test how they treated their first-time clients for queries.
We tested their level of accuracy, expertise, and knowledge of the services they are offering.
4. Turnaround Time
Lastly, we noted all LLC service providers that have a quick turnaround time in terms of order processing and document deliveries.
We stacked service providers that have at least 1-5 business days turnaround time, prioritizing the ones that offer expedited filing.
Idaho LLC Formation Process
Following these seven steps can get you started with an LLC in Idaho:
- Step 1: Find an LLC name
- Step 2: Hire an Idaho statutory agent
- Step 3: Draft a certificate of incorporation
- Step 4: Draft an operating agreement for your Idaho LLC
- Step 5: File for an EIN
- Step 6: Sign up for a business license
- Step 7: Open a respective bank account for the business
What Is the Average Time It Takes to Form an LLC in Idaho?
The average time it takes to form an LLC in Idaho is 7 to 10 business days when you file online to the Idaho SOS. Meanwhile, filing by mail usually takes around 2 to 3 weeks.
What Is the Total Cost of Creating an Idaho LLC?
The total cost of creating an Idaho LLC is $100. This amount covers the filing fee of the Certificate of Organization for online submissions, while mail-in LLC filings cost $120.
Our Top Choice for the Best LLC Service In Idaho…
If you're looking for an authentic and reliable LLC service for your Idaho-based business entity, you need a reliable service with great customer support and quick turnaround. These are the reasons ZenBusiness proved to be the premium choice.
As a clear winner in the LLC service sector, ZenBusiness offers competitive pricing of its packages, outstanding customer support, and speedy turnaround times. Their basic plan is endowed with features like LLC formation, legal file access, name searches, and financial report filings.
Aside from their budget-friendly formation service packages, we rank it top because they also offered us additional services that we customized to meet our specific needs.