New Jersey is home to a large number of LLC formation services that offer a wide range of package options to assist you in setting up your business easily.
As a seasoned entrepreneur and business consultant, I have helped numerous clients set up their LLCs and navigate complex legal requirements.
In my experience, New Jersey is home to many excellent LLC formation services that offer a range of package options. To help you make an informed decision, I have researched and tested each of the best LLC services in New Jersey.
In this article, we’ll provide a thorough comparison of each service and rank them based on service features, pricing, and turnaround. Continue reading to find out which New Jersey LLC service best suits your business entity.
Top 4 New Jersey LLC Services (October 2023)
1 - ZenBusiness (Editor's Choice)Would you recommend ZenBusiness?
ZenBusiness is an LLC formation company that offers various packages that can be customized to your specific needs.
The company provides a solid service that makes starting a Limited Liability Company in New Jersey as easy as possible.
We were impressed with ZenBusiness's customer service and transparent package offerings, enriched with features like an EIN.
Their user-centric design guarantees a brisk 10-12 minute filing. My LLC was ratified in just four days, complemented by a detailed New Business Kit.
During our LLC formation process, we were able to contact their help desk from Monday through to Sunday, and they offered quality and timely responses.
Their commitment to clients shines through in their billing structure as well.
- Starter LLC Creation Package ($0 + $130 State Fee): The base LLC formation service plan offers a comprehensive package for establishing a new LLC. This includes New Jersey LLC name searches, the organization articles of filing packet, a website builder, a certificate of formation issued by the state of New Jersey Department of State, and standard filing speed (2 to 3 weeks). You'll also get a 100% accuracy guarantee and optional worry-free compliance with a 1-month free trial and renewal at $199/year. Enhance your experience with a 1-month free trial of banking and bank account services at $5/month each. Plus, the Money Pro Bookkeeping and Website Builder come with 1-month free trials, followed by $30/month and $15/month respectively.
- Pro LLC Package ($199 + $130 State Fee): Everything from the Starter package is included in this Pro LLC formation service package, an EIN, LLC operating agreement template ($99) to help you create your operation manual, along with the fastest rush filling speed (1 to 2 business days) and a certified company copy.
- Premium LLC Package ($349 + $130 State Fee): This New Jersey LLC formation service plan offers all of the features of the Pro service, an audit report, and business document templates. You'll also get access to business credit reports, business websites, business e-mail, and monitoring services for up to five years after your company is formed.
- New Jersey Registered Agent Service ($199): ZenBusiness's registered agent service will provide a registered agent for your company for $199, give you access to information about your company online, receive important legal notices on your company's behalf, and act as a point of contact for the government.
- Outstanding customer feedback for LLC formation services
- Responsive customer support
- Competitive New Jersey LLC formation service packages
- Superior compliance
- Speedy turnaround time
- No possibility of non-profit business formation
2 - Northwest Registered Agent ServiceWould you recommend Northwest Registered Agent Service?
Northwest Registered Agent Service regularly receives positive reviews from satisfied customers because they offer excellent customer privacy protection, highly skilled support agents, and hassle-free online service.
We appreciate the company's faster turnaround times. We completed the initial steps in 9 minutes, and in a short span of 72 hours, our filing was done.
We appreciated their highly skilled support agents and hassle-free online services.
So, Northwest Registered Agent is a good fit if you want your limited liability company to be up and running as quickly as possible.
- Basic Plan ($39 + $130 State Fee): Basic Plan may be used to form corporations and LLCs, and nonprofits and comes with articles of organization, a year of free registered agent services, an operating agreement, and both standard and expedited processing speeds available.
- Full-Service LLC Formation Plan ($225 + $130 State Fee): With Full Service, you get free limited mail forwarding, same-business-day filing, an operating agreement, and a client account loaded with free forms and tools in addition to the service features from the Basic Plan.
- Northwest Registered Agent Services ($125): If Northwest forms your LLC, the first year's registered agent service fee is free. Registering in all 52 jurisdictions will cost you $5,200. Expert corporate guides, free mail forwarding, and privacy are all included by default.
- 2-decade-long of experience
- They place a premium on protection
- A direct pricing model for New Jersey LLC services
- Free registered agent services for one year
- Higher prices
3 - IncFileWould you recommend IncFile?
Another business entity that offers a range of services is Incfile, which also does LLC formation and registered agent services in New Jersey.
Since its founding in 2004, Incfile has created more than 800,000 companies with its LLC service.
Having such a large client base only serves to demonstrate how reliable Incfile is.
They assisted us in selecting the best business structure for our requirements and took care of all the paperwork and filings on our behalf.
IncFile also maintains your contact details so you can concentrate on running your business.
- Silver Package ($0 + $130 State Fee): Silver Package includes LLC services such as preparing & filing the articles of organization, free registered agent service for the full year, unlimited name searches, and phone and email support.
- Gold Package ($199 + $130 State Fee): In addition to the previous plan, in New Jersey Gold Package you get EIN Business Tax Number, IRS Form 2553, operating agreement, banking resolution, lifetime company alerts, online access dashboard, business banking account, and business tax consultation.
- Platinum Package ($299 + $130 State Fee): This plan has all the New Jersey Gold Package plus business contract templates, a domain name with business email, and free next-day filing.
- Registered Agent Services ($130): It is free for the first year if made with an LLC formation package. After that first year, the renewal will be $119 per year for Agent Services. It comes with a personalized dashboard where you can access your documents online.
- Affordable price points for LLC service options
- Experienced and reliable
- Great customer service
- Excessive upsells
4 - LegalZoom
Two attorneys founded LegalZoom with the primary intention of providing accessible and budget-friendly legal services to small startups.
It's a popular LLC service in New Jersey because of its easy-to-use approach.
When starting my small business, I turned to LegalZoom precisely because of its affordable legal services.
I found their platform easy to use, and the step-by-step instructions helped create my new limited liability company.
Their popularity in New Jersey is well-deserved, and I highly recommend LegalZoom to other small startups.
- Basic Package ($0 + $130 State Fee): With the Basic New Jersey LLC service package, you'll get a name search service, a customizable website from Wix, articles of organization, and a digital LLC welcome packet.
- Pro Package ($249 + $130 State Fee): This LLC services bundle includes all the Basic package features. Additionally, you'll enjoy comprehensive guidelines on business licensing matters, initial tax and insurance consultations from a professional, and an operating agreement and EIN.
- Premium Package ($299 + $130 State Fee): This LLC services bundle includes everything offered by the Pro package, plus 30 minutes of countless attorney consultations regarding new legal topics and applied changes to your formation documents within 3 months the of initial subscription.
- Registered Agent Services ($299): If you choose to establish your business with LegalZoom, the registered agent will cost you $249 for the first year. Afterward, extending would cost $299.
- Offers different budget-friendly LLC service packages
- Offers unlimited revisions with your paperwork
- They’re knowledgeable in the LLC services industry
- You're not able to speak to a lawyer directly
- Not all courts or government agencies accept their documents
Benefits of Forming LLC in New Jersey
LLCs can be a great way to protect your personal assets, and New Jersey is a great place to form an LLC. Aside from that, it can provide you with several business benefits. Here are some of the reasons why:
1. Personal Assets Protection
This is the biggest advantage of forming a New Jersey LLC. With an LLC, you are not personally responsible for any debts or claims against your business entities.
This means that if someone sues your business and wins, they cannot go after your personal money to pay debts .
2. Multiple Tax Alternatives
The IRS allows LLCs to be taxed as corporations or partnerships and even allows them to be taxed as both at the same time if desired.
This flexibility gives you more control over how much tax you pay on profits from your business operation; however, it does require careful planning and attention to detail throughout the year so that taxes are properly calculated and paid each quarter according to IRS rules regarding LLCs (or other types of entities) .
3. Affordable Creation Process
The formation process for a New Jersey LLC is pretty straightforward, making it an inexpensive option for small businesses looking to start up quickly.
In addition, the total cost of creating an LLC in New Jersey is much less than it is in many other states—you can expect to spend about $500-600 on setup fees and other costs associated with getting started as an LLC owner .
New Jersey LLC Creation Process
Here's a quick overview of the steps you'll need to take:
- Step 1: Get a name for your LLC in New Jersey
- Step 2: Hire a New Jersey registered agent
- Step 3: Draft the articles of the incorporation
- Step 4: Draft all your operating agreements
- Step 5: Obtain an EIN for your business account
Is It Good To Form an LLC in New Jersey?
Yes, it is good to form an LLC in New Jersey. It has lower taxes than many states and no corporate income tax, so it's an attractive location for businesses that want to minimize their tax liability.
What Is the Total Cost of Starting a New Jersey LLC?
The total cost of starting a New Jersey LLC is between $200 to $300. There are no annual fees or franchise taxes. You will also need to register with the Department of Revenue Services and pay $100 in annual tax returns.
Our Favourite New Jersey Service Provider Is...
New Jersey LLC formation services vary widely in terms of cost and service level. If you're looking for a solid track record and a well-rounded experience, then ZenBusiness may be a good pick for your New Jersey LLC services needs.
Choosing ZenBusiness is a smart choice for startups.
Its affordable LLC services plans and comprehensive service packages comprise New Jersey LLC name searches, the organization articles of filing package, a New Jersey LLC agreement template to assist you in creating your operating manual, and a certificate of formation from the state.
We appreciate how extensive their customer support is, as they were available to guide us even on weekends. And for this reason, we don't believe you'll go wrong with ZenBusiness and their LLC services.