Understanding the responsibilities of a Montana registered agent is essential for any business wanting to abide by state regulations.
In Montana, it is critical for businesses to maintain legal compliance, and having a registered agent that stays up-to-date on the latest regulations and requirements ensures lawful operations. The role of registered agent may either be filled by an individual or delegated to another business organization.
Finding the best deal and a trustworthy registered agent company is equally crucial when employing a registered agent.
To help make the process easier, we've researched and outlined some of the best options available for your Montana business needs.
The 4 Best Registered Agent Services in Montana (January 2023)
1 - Northwest Registered Agent Service (Editor's Choice)
Northwest Registered Agent is a reliable and highly-regarded Montana registered agent service offering exceptional services no matter the circumstance.
They have been in business since 1998, operate in all 50 states, and offer some of the most outstanding registered agent services in their field at cost-effective rates.
Northwest Registered Agent met our one-day turnaround time expectation for document reports, an industry standard of service. You'll also get top-notch customer support, valuable alerts and reminders, and client assistance.
- Registered agent service ($125): The package includes Local Corporate Guides®, mail scanning, forwarding, same-day service for local document scanning, and Privacy by Default®.
- LLC Formation package ($39+ state fee): LLC formation plus you receive a complimentary year of free registered agent service in your first year, and the $125 annual rate starts once your 2nd-year kicks in.
- Prioritizes data protection
- Personalized customer support
- Industry experience surpasses 20 years
- Pricing is transparent
- A year free of Formation package includes Montana registered agent service (one year)
- Price is not that competitive
2 - ZenBusiness Registered Agent Service
ZenBusiness is the ideal Montana registered agent service for customers who want to start their Montana LLC and receive a registered agent at a low cost.
ZenBusiness is a more recent registered agency (founded in 2015), but one that has achieved significant success since its creation.
We found their online platform second to none, having an intuitive user interface and powerful tools, which made working with them and getting things done quickly and efficiently even when we couldn't pick up the phone.
- Registered agent services ($99): They are still considered one of the state's most affordable and best registered agents. For as low as $99, ZenBusiness can offer the bare minimum agent services needed for your Montana LLC.
- Business formation package (starts at $0 + state fees): The ZenBusiness business formation package includes the first year of the best registered agent service free, after which there is an annual fee of $119
- Affordable and straightforward pricing structure
- Customer support for chat is expanded
- Has gotten favorable customer feedback
- A 60-day money-back promise
- Minimal brand awareness
3 - Harbor Compliance Registered Agent Service
Harbor Compliance offers registered agent services and not much else to interested consumers around the state at one of the most reasonable ($99 per year) and accessible prices for anyone looking to form an LLC.
They are an excellent option for your Montana business entity which we can confidently say because of our interactions with their customer support team that quickly and thoroughly responded to any inquiry we presented.
- Registered agent services ($99): Provides the minimum required services for a registered agent in Montana, and you access the package's additional features like same-day document delivery, personalized alerts, expert help, etc. You will also get access to their online software. Harbor Compliance also offers a Multiple Years Discount if you pay for multiple years on their Montana registered agent. You can get as much as a 5-10% discount.
- Most Affordable Montana registered agent services
- Highly functional online platform
- Flat Rate with No Hidden Fees
- Highly Affordable compared to other competitors
- Brand recognition is low compared to other providers
4 - LegalZoom Registered Agent Service
LegalZoom is one of the biggest registered agents in the nation and may just be the business on this list with the best brand recognition.
If you're searching for a reliable company in Montana that can meet all your registered agent demands and many more, consider working with LegalZoom as your registered agent.
Among the few competent, swift, and experienced Montana registered agents we can recommend, they are one of the industry's pillars.
- Registered agent service ($299): One of the most convenient of its kind in the state of Montana.This premium package includes a free LLC formation in Montana, complete legal services, a compliance calendar, unlimited cloud storage, and business data protection. Premium service for a premium price.
- LLC Formation Package ($79+ state fees): These Montana registered agents charge $79 plus the state filing fee if you opt to form your Montana LLC with LegalZoom.
- Identity theft protection(up to $1 million worth)
- Superior brand awareness
- High customer volume
- Considerably pricier than competitors
- Formation package doesn't include Montana registered agent services
Benefits of Working with the Best Registered Agent Service in Montana
Hiring a professional registered agent in Montana provides significant legal and financial benefits for a Montana business. Having a third party serve as your primary point of contact with the state ensures you never miss important notices or paperwork while also shielding personal information and safeguarding privacy :
1. It Helps You Stay Compliant
A Montana registered agent service ensures your business is always compliant with state laws. They will also inform you of all the transactions and procedures carried out so that your business operations are up-to-date and meet state requirements.
2. Gives You Peace of Mind
Montana registered agent services can take the worry out of running a business, ensuring all paperwork is handled professionally and accurately. Hence, you are free to devote your full attention to growing your business.
3. It Provides Flexibility
Using a professional registered agent service can offer you incredible business flexibility.
Rather than being locked into a traditional 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. working day schedule, you can select your own hours. The best registered agent service will be available for service processes during standard business hours as required by law.
This flexibility allows for more efficient operations while still fulfilling all legal requirements.
4. Ensures Privacy
Protect your privacy and keep alerts about the service process out of your home address by using a registered agent for public records. Your commercial or residential address information will remain confidential. .
How Much Does a Registered Agent Service Cost in Montana?
Montana registered agent service typically costs $99 to $349, which could be a great investment deal for a Montana business.
What Are the Requirements for a Montana Registered Agent?
A registered agent must follow the Montana Model Registered Agents Act ( 35-7-114).
- Able to accept legal documents and be at least 18 years old.
- Have a physical, state-based registered office address. No PO Boxes.
- Must be a resident of Montana or a company providing Montana registered agent services.
Why Do I Need to Hire a Registered Agent in Montana?
You need to hire a registered agent in Montana because all businesses in Montana are required by state law to maintain a valid registered agent on file with the government.
What Does a Montana Registered Agent Service Do For My Business?
A Montana registered agent service is your business's primary contact with the Secretary of State of Montana. They will send important tax notices and compliance information to your registered agent. Notifying a person or entity that they are the target of a lawsuit, in this case, one against their business, is known as a service of process.
Can I Be My Registered Agent for My Montana LLC?
Yes, you can be your own registered agent for your Montana LLC. Owners frequently do this. However, the owner can choose another person or company as registered agents for various reasons.
Can I Change My LLC’s Registered Agent?
Yes, you can change your LLC’s registered agent if you delegate a new one for the position. The Secretary of State will accept Change of Registered Agent forms, or you can wait and make the change when you submit your annual report. There is no filing charge if you choose to file a change form.
How Much is The LLC formation State Filing Fee in Montana?
$70 is the LLC formation State Filing Fee in Montana.
How Can I Resign as a Registered Agent?
To resign as a registered agent, you must submit a Statement of Resignation of Registered Agent to the Montana Secretary of State.
What Do You Mean By a Montana Registered Office?
Montana registered office is the actual street address in Montana, where the registered agent is located. The registered agent must be on-site during regular business hours to sign for paperwork. Many state agencies also send the registered agent warnings of taxes owed and annual report reminders.
Our Favourite Registered Agent in Montana is...
In Montana, starting and running a business can be challenging, so employing the services of a registered agent is invaluable to legal compliance and growth. That's why we recommend Northwest Registered Agent.
We received a prompt and professional customer support experience. Their expertise can help you avoid common mistakes which could negatively impact your success. Using their registered agent and formation package services helps your company reach its full potential.