To ensure that your Montana business complies with state regulations, you must be fully aware of what is expected of a registered agent.
Montana registered agents must stay on top of things to ensure that your business remains legal, whether you take on this position personally or delegate it to another individual or business organization.
Finding the best deal and a trustworthy registered agent company is equally crucial when employing a registered agent.
We've compiled a list of the best registered agent services in Montana to make it easier for you to pick the best agent for your Montana business entity.
Top 4 Registered Agent Services in Montana (October 2022)
1 - Northwest Registered Agent Service (Editor's Choice)
Regardless of your situation, Northwest Registered Agent Service is one of the best choices for a registered agent in Montana.
They have been in business since 1998, operate in all 50 states, and offer some of the most outstanding registered agent services in their field at cost-effective rates.
For document reports, a one-day turnaround time is typical; this is the standard of service you need. You'll also get top-notch customer support, valuable alerts and reminders, and assistance for clients.
- The registered agent service package of Northwest in Montana is $125. The package includes excellent services like Local Corporate Guides®, Free Mail Forwarding/Scanning, Same-Day Local Document Scanning, and Privacy by Default®. Northwest truly wants to guarantee seamless registered agent services if you choose them.
- Along with their excellent registered agent services, Northwest also offers their LLC formation package for $39 plus the state filing fee.
- You will get a free registered agent service in your first year, and the $125 annual rate with only start once your 2nd year kicks in.
- Offers personalized customer service
- Transparent pricing
- 20+ years of experience in the industry
- A year free of registered agent service included in LLC formation
- Higher price than competitors
2 - ZenBusiness Registered Agent Service
- ZenBusiness is the ideal Montana registered agent for customers who want to start their Montana LLC and receive a registered agent at a low cost.
- ZenBusiness is a more recent registered agency (founded in 2015), but one that has achieved significant success since its creation.
- We adore them because of the power of their online platform, which makes working with them and getting things done simply even when you cannot pick up the phone.
Whatever information you require is probably available to you right away. Many folks don't require registered agents for much more than that.
- ZenBusiness may not be at the top of the list for the best-registered agent in Montana.
- They are still considered one of the state's most affordable registered agent services. For as low as $99, ZenBusiness can offer the bare minimum agent services needed for your Montana LLC.
- The ZenBusiness business formation package includes a free registered agent service for the first year if you are new to the business industry and need help forming your Montana LLC. After which, you must pay $119 annually starting your 2nd year with them.
- Excellent customer feedback
- Affordable package offers
- Expert service and support
- Free Montana registered agents in all packages
- Low brand recognition
3 - Harbor Compliance Registered Agent Service
Harbor Compliance offers registered agent services and not much else to interested consumers around the state at one of the most reasonable ($99 per year) and accessible prices for anyone looking to form an LLC or firm.
They are an excellent option for your Montana business entity and have developed a fantastic web platform that makes it simple to join them.
- For $99, Harbor Compliance can undoubtedly provide the minimum required services for a registered agent in Montana.
- You can also access the package's additional features like same-day document delivery, personalized notifications, expert support, etc. You will also get access to their online software.
- Harbor Compliance also offers a Multiple Years Discount if you pay for multiple years on their registered agent. You can get as much as a 5-10% discount.
- Most Affordable Montana registered agent services
- Highly functional online platform
- Flat Rate with No Hidden Fees
- Highly Affordable compared to other competitors
- Since Harbor Compliance is a relatively new service in the industry, it doesn't have the same level of brand recognition as other, more established services
4 - LegalZoom Registered Agent Service
LegalZoom is one of the biggest registered agents in the nation and may just be the business on this list with the best brand recognition.
If you're searching for a reliable company in Montana that can meet all your Montana registered agent demands and many more, consider working with LegalZoom as your registered agent.
Among the few competent, swift, and experienced people we can recommend nationally, they are one of the industry's pillars.
- LegalZoom, one of the best brands in Montana, offers its registered agent service package for $299.
- This premium package includes a free LLC formation, complete legal services, a compliance calendar, unlimited cloud storage, and business data protection. Premium service for a premium price.
- They charge $79 plus the state filing fee if you opt to form your Montana LLC with LegalZoom.
- Premium feature offers up to $1 million worth of identity theft protection.
- Unrivaled Brand Recognition
- High customer volume
- Much more expensive than other competitors
- Montana registered agent services are not included in their LLC Formation Package
- Mediocre customer reviews
Benefits of Working with a Registered Agent Service in Montana
A registered agent receives and delivers official mail on your behalf, acting as your business's primary point of contact with the state of Montana.
While it is possible to serve as your registered agent, there are several advantages to using a registered agent service in Montana:
1. It Helps You Stay Compliant
Your business will benefit from your Montana registered agent service's assistance in following state laws. They will also inform you of all the transactions and procedures carried out so that your business can always comply.
2. Gives You Peace of Mind
When choosing a Montana registered agent service, you can focus all your time, energy, and attention on growing your business. They will guarantee that everything is handled correctly.
3. Provides Flexibility
One of the key advantages of using a registered agent service is that it can allow you and your business more flexibility.
Since registered agents are required by law to be open during regular business hours, you are not required to be present from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays merely to accept the service process. Instead, you can select your business hours with them.
4. Ensures Privacy
The public record will contain your registered agent service address, not your residential or commercial address. This way, you may protect the privacy of your contact information and avoid receiving alerts about the service process at your home address.
How Much Does a Registered Agent Service Cost in Montana?
What Are the Requirements for a Montana Registered Agent?
A registered agent must follow the Montana Model Registered Agents Act ( 35-7-114).
- Able to accept legal documents and be at least 18 years old.
- Have a physical, state-based registered office address. No PO Boxes.
- Must be a resident of Montana or a company that offers registered agent services.
Why Do I Need to Hire a Registered Agent in Montana?
You need to hire a registered agent in Montana because all businesses in Montana are required by state law to maintain a valid registered agent on file with the government.
What Does a Montana Registered Agent Do For My Business?
Montana registered agent is your business's primary contact with the Secretary of State of Montana. They will send important tax notices and compliance information to your registered agent. Notifying a person or entity that they are the target of a lawsuit, in this case, one against their business, is known as a service of process.
Can I Be My Registered Agent for My Montana LLC?
Yes, you can be your registered agent for your Montana LLC. Owners frequently do this. However, the owner can choose another person or company for various reasons.
Can I Change My LLC’s Registered Agent in Montana?
Yes, you can change your LLC’s registered agent in Montana if you delegate a new one for the position. The Secretary of State will accept Change of Registered Agent forms, or you can wait and make the change when you submit your annual report. There is no filing charge if you choose to file a change form.
How Much is The LLC formation State Filing Fee in Montana?
The LLC formation State Filing Fee in Montana is $70.
How Can I Resign as a Registered Agent in Montana?
For you to be able to resign as a registered agent in Montana, you need to submit a Statement of Resignation of Registered Agent to the Montana Secretary of State.
What Do You Mean By a Montana Registered Office?
The Montana registered office is the actual street address in Montana, where the registered agent is located. The registered agent must be on-site during regular business hours to sign for paperwork. Many state agencies also send the registered agent warnings of taxes owed and annual report reminders.
In Montana, starting and running a business can be challenging so you'll require all assistance possible. That's why we recommend the Northwest Registered Agent.
With outstanding customer support service, they can help you avoid typical early errors and prevent unfavorable outcomes. Using their registered agent services and formation package services will help your business grow.