If you desire timely compliance filing and excellent standing with the Secretary of State, using a legitimate LLC service for your Kansas limited liability company is the proper move.
To help you hire the best one, we consulted our legal team and investigated some of the top-ranking LLC service providers in Kansas. We assessed each of them based on their package prices, service features, and document delivery times.
Read to the end to know our best LLC service recommendation.
Top 6 LLC Formation Services in Kansas (February 2023)
1 - ZenBusiness
While they're relatively new in the formation industry, ZenBusiness has formed over 300,000 LLCs nationwide since 2015.
We appreciate that their website is easy to navigate, and the whole filing process was easy and took us less than 20 minutes.
ZenBusiness provides three tiers of LLC formation packages to meet your unique business needs. Plus, we like that each package already includes a one-year free registered agent service.
When it comes to affordability and efficacy, ZenBusiness offers the best of both worlds.
- Starter Formation Package ($49): LLC formation, free operating agreement template, and one-year Kansas registered agent service.
- Pro Package ($199): Starter Formation Package features plus EIN (Employer Identification Number) registration, VIP processing, handling of annual report filings, and two yearly amendments.
- Premium Package ($299): Pro Package features plus rush filing, business domain name, website email address, and domain privacy.
- Kansas Registered Agent Services ($0): All three of its LLC formation packages include a full year of free registered agent service. The service then renews annually for $119 or $99 a la carte.
- Features cost-effective LLC formation packages
- Smooth compliance filing
- Different packages in their plans
- Outstanding customer feedback online
- Fast LLC formation
- Brand isn’t well known
2 - Northwest Registered Agent
Northwest Registered Agent, founded in 1998, has already established a reputation for providing industry-leading customer service and affordable LLC formation packages.
We signed up for their $39 Kansas LLC services – this was a good value for our money because it includes a free year of registered agent service. Our order was completed relatively fast with their prompt customer team.
They also have highly trained customer service operators to assist you through each stage of the formation process.
Partnering with Northwest Registered Agent for your Kansas LLC formation gives you the perks of contacting them anytime if you have questions or require assistance.
- Base Formation Package ($39): LLC formation process paperwork, such as name searches, registration, and filing of all legal documents. Plus, 1-year free registered agent.
- Deluxe Package ($179): Base formation package features plus access to an Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- Kansas Registered Agent Services ($125): Includes a free year of registered agent service, then renews annually for $125.
- Over 20-year experience
- Fees are transparent
- Client data privacy
- Includes one year of registered agent service
- Pricey packages
3 - IncFile
IncFile charges zero fees on their Kansas LLC formation services; we paid only the state fees and other minor charges like our address and certification fees.
Additionally, IncFile's customer service department provides fast response times. We contacted them via chat, email and phone, and they got back to us in less than 30 minutes.
The company also offers website domains and hosting to clients that run an online business. This is a good deal but is only offered on the platinum package.
It has over 10,000 customer reviews from satisfied customers, with almost all five-star ratings. So, if you only need your formation documents filed, IncFile is the way to go.
- Free Silver Package ($0): Kansas LLC formation, lifetime company compliance alerts, and 1-year free registered agent service.
- Incfile Gold ($149): Free Silver Package features plus preparation of the operating agreement, EIN registration, and banking resolution.
- Platinum Package ($249): IncFile Gold features plus free business website and domain name, priority expedited filing, and business contract templates.
- Kansas Registered Agent Services ($199): Includes a free year of registered agent service, then renews annually for $119.
- Affordable Kansas LLC service
- Includes one year of registered agent service
- Formed over 800,000 LLCs
- Excellent customer service
- Too many upsells and third-party offers
4 - Rocket Lawyer
Rocket Lawyer is primarily a legal service company that also offers business formation and registered agent services.
Working with them was quite a breeze because they handled all our legal paperwork on our behalf, including the service of process.
Rocket Lawyer, which was founded in 2008, has already delivered legal services to over 800,000 businesses. We laud them for their reasonable pricing and high-quality legal information and assistance.
- Business Formation Service ($39): If purchased independently, it costs $99.99 plus state fees.
- Business Bundle Plan ($349): Business Incorporation Service, operating agreement draft, one year of Registered Agent Service and Legal Services, and other legal services.
- Kansas Registered Agent Services ( $125): Includes a free year of registered agent service.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Free year of registered agent services
- Discount for premium members
- High prices compared to some competitors
- Free trial converts automatically
5 - Harbor Compliance
Harbor Compliance delivers all of the essentials for your LLC creation service. They offer one LLC formation package, priced at $399, where they check to see if your business name is available and prepare and file your paperwork which is required in Indiana.
They also provide an operating agreement template and a free year of registered agent service and assist in obtaining an Employer Identification Number (EIN).
Harbor Compliance also has one of the best registered agent services in Indiana. Unlike any other Kansas registered agent, they assign a dedicated account manager to their clients to support them in the LLC formation process.
- Business Formation Package (starts at $175): Business Name Search, Filing Articles of Organization, operating agreement template, obtain EIN, 1-year Registered Agent.
- Kansas Registered Agent Services ($119): LLC formation package includes a free year of registered agent service which then renews annually for $119.
- Simple online system
- Fast and prompt service
- Has a dedicated account manager
- Few service features in the formation package
- Expensive pricing
6 - LegalZoom
LegalZoom provides every legal service you might need. Since its founding in 2011, they have assisted over 4 million people and businesses, ranging from business formations and operations to intellectual property.
Although LegalZoom appears to be an expensive option compared to other LLC services on this list, it could be worth the investment.
Their entry-level plan is affordable, but it lacks the features of ZenBusiness and IncFile.
- Basic Economy Package ($79): Features plus business name search, 30-minute tax savings consultation, and Peace of Mind Review™ compliance check.
- Standard Package ($329): Includes all economy features plus deluxe organizer and official certificates and seal.
- Express Gold Package ($349): The price starts at $349 plus the Kansas state fee. Standard package features plus express shipping and VIP processing.
- Kansas Registered Agent Services ($159): Costs $159 in the first year if added to a formation package, then renews annually for $249.
- Established brand in LLC formation services
- Extended customer support hours
- Extensive legal services for your Kansas LLC
- LLC formation packages don't include many features
- Many upsell to high-priced add-on services
Advantages of Creating an LLC in Kansas
There are several advantages to forming an LLC in Kansas, including the following :
1. Personal Assets Protection
Starting an LLC in Kansas will protect you, as an LLC member, from personal creditors. This means that if your business entity is sued, only the business assets are at risk.
Business creditors can only sue the LLC, not the owner or investors, thereby protecting their personal assets such as houses, cars, or bank accounts.
2. Simple Formation
A limited liability company is formed more quickly and easily than a corporation. LLCs often require less information for their formation documents than corporations, and the procedure is also shorter.
Unlike corporations, LLCs are not required to establish corporate bylaws, name executives or board members, have initial board meetings or issue stock.
3. Flexibility in Taxation
When it comes to taxes, incorporating an LLC in Kansas has an advantage over founding a corporation .
Pass-through taxation applies to LLCs, which means that your taxes are transferred through the business and paid directly to you as personal income taxes.
Kansas LLC Formation Process
Following these five steps can get you started with an LLC in Kansas:
- Step 1: Choose a Company Name
- Step 2: Pick a Kansas Resident Agent
- Step 3: File Kansas Articles of Organization
- Step 4: Create a Kansas LLC Operating Agreement
- Step 5: Apply for an EIN (Kansas Tax ID)
Our Selection Process
When deciding on the best LLC formation service in Kansas, there are a few variables to consider. Here are four aspects we considered when reviewing our six best Kansas LLC services.
1. Customer Support
Customer service was prioritized here because, with all of the complexities involved in incorporating an LLC, you need a professional to walk with you.
After contacting customer service for 20 different Kansas LLC services, we ranked those with fast, professional, and client-driven chat or phone customer support.
2. Service Features
While some Kansas LLC providers offer a free basic plan, others give a number of add-on packages and more comprehensive service alternatives.
In terms of service features, we looked at providers who offer essential features like effective unlimited name searches, access to attorneys, free registered agent services, and smooth compliance filing.
3. Turnaround Times
We selected all Kansas LLC service providers who provide quick order processing and document delivery turnaround times at this level.
We placed many orders with various service providers and timed their deliveries to test this.
Then, we highlighted Kansas service providers who offer expedited filing, plus those with delivery periods of less than 5 business days.
We considered services with reasonably priced bundles that include all the tools to establish your own business.
Because most businesses have a limited budget for LLC formation processes, it's critical to engage with a service provider you can afford. You can prevent depleting your other business funds by doing so.
How Much Does It Cost To Start an LLC in Kansas?
It costs $160 to start an LLC in Kansas online or by mail. This fee covers the filing of your Certificate of Organization by the Kansas secretary of state.
How Long Does It Take To Get an LLC in Kansas?
It takes a few minutes to get an LLC in Kansas online and three weeks if you file by mail.
What Is the Best Kansas LLC Formation Service for You?
In selecting the best business formation service in Kansas, it is important that you consider the competitive pricing of their packages, ease of use, customer support, and proven track record.
And because ZenBusiness ticks all these boxes, it's our #1 Kansas LLC recommendation. With one of the fastest response times in the business, this LLC service provider provides reasonably priced LLC formation services.
Thanks to their speedy application procedure and excellent customer service team, you'll have the resources to launch your company as soon as possible.
In order to help you manage your LLC in accordance with state rules, ZenBusiness additionally offers a free year of legal agent service.