Hiring an LLC service in Minnesota is helpful as you will have more time to focus on building your business. With the right legal support, your paperwork will be done correctly, professionally, and within the right time frame.
There are several available LLC services in Minnesota, so selecting the best one can be overwhelming.
To help you hire the best service, the one that meets your business type and needs, we teamed up with our legal team to try and review the top LLC service providers in Minnesota, so you don't have to.
Top 4 LLC Services in Minnesota (October 2023)
1 - ZenBusiness (Editor's Choice)Would you recommend ZenBusiness?
If you are just starting a business in Minnesota, ZenBusiness will help you complete the company formation procedure, monitor the entire process, and provide additional features such as compliance filing.
Forming our business with ZenBusiness was easy and it took only four days to complete everything.
Transparent package choices, inclusive of essentials like an EIN, are commendable.
Their Starter plan is great for first-time business owners. We loved their approach to us as new clients.
Their representatives asked specific questions about our business, so they can recommend to us the package that we could benefit from the most.
We trusted them and tested their Pro plan with faster filing speed.
- Starter Package ($0 + $155 State Fee): Get your business formation paperwork ready and submitted, with standard filing speed between 2 to 3 weeks. Basic, but mandatory documentation in this package includes an LLC operating agreement template, one month of free banking, bookkeeping, and website builder. Next to 100% accuracy guarantee, you can opt for worry-free compliance without charge for a year, if you want extra layer of protection.
- Pro Package ($199 + $155 State Fee): This business formation services package includes starter package features, plus federal tax ID number (EIN). Choosing Pro Package brings fastest ''rush'' filing speed of 1-2 business days, making it great option when you need to set up your business fast. With an operating agreement in Pro package you will get inputs on how to organize internal processes and outline important procedures.
- Premium Package ($349+ $155 State Fee): Premium Package offers features from Pro Package and builds on that by offering business document templates. For stronger online presence and wider client reach, this option includes a customizable business website, domain name, and a professional email address.
- Registered Agent Service ($199): The service plan can be renewed annually for $199.
- Competitive pricing for each formation package
- Includes a Worry-free Compliance package
- Has a fast turnaround time for LLC formation
- Has great customer feedback
- No hidden upsells
- Without non-profit business formation
2 - Northwest Registered AgentWould you recommend Northwest Registered Agent?
You can trust professionals to manage the paperwork and business formation procedure when you use Northwest Registered Agent.
We value that all of Northwest's clients receive assistance from its Corporate Guides, and we can confirm that this LLC formation service always has highly qualified personnel on the other end of the line.
In our experience, you will be impressed with customer support, as they will guide you through every step.
We managed to get through the initial filing in 9 minutes, and in less than 3 days, everything was set, surpassing our 5-day expectation. Their guidance and support were consistent throughout.
They may not be the cheapest LLC on this list, but they are worth the investment.
- Basic Package ($39 + $155 State Fee): Basic Package is a great option for business starters, including the formation of LLCs, nonprofits, and corporations. It also includes one year of cost-free registered agent services and articles of organization, if they hire. It comes with standard and expedited processing speed.
- Full Service LLC Formation Package ($225 + $155 State Fee): This package comes with an account for clients that are filled with free forms and tools, operating agreements, business filling on the same day and free limited mail forwarding. It also contains all features from Basic Plan.
- Northwest Registered Agent Service ($125): You will get Registered Agent Service cost-free for the first year with the formation of any LLC Northwest Plan. Features like cost-free mail forwarding, privacy, and expert corporate guides are all included.
- They prioritize protecting customer’s privacy
- There are no hidden fees
- Every LLC formation package includes free agent
- Same-day filing
- They are pricey
3 - IncFileWould you recommend IncFile?
IncFile will form your LLC for free. Their Starter package is great if you are on a tight budget.
Their service costs zero dollars in Minnesota and already includes a physical street address to receive important documents during regular business hours on behalf of your LLC in Minnesota.
This package includes a free year of registered agent service. From our experience, their representatives will treat you equally no matter which plans you eventually choose.
While testing IncFile products, we were impressed with their fast turnarounds after filing our orders, it took them only three days to complete them.
They do have a lot of add-ons and upgrades, which is something that you should be ready for.
- Silver Package ($0 + $155 State Fee): Unlimited phone and email support are some of the great services that the Silver Package offers. With this package, you will also get unlimited name searches, drafting, and submitting documents of your LLC with first-year free Registered Agent Services.
- Gold Package ($199 + $155 State Fee): Great services like call with an IncFile consultant on taxes, lifetime company notifications with an operating agreement, business banking account, banking resolution, IRS Form 2553, access to an online dashboard, EIN Business Tax Number comes with Gold Package. All features from Silver Package are also included.
- Platinum Package ($299 + $155 State Fee): Platinum Package comes with all the services from Gold Package. Some of the specific features of the platinum package are a business email address, free business contract templates, domain name, and next-day filling.
- Registered Agent Services ($119): Specific Registered Agent Services are personalized dashboards with easy access to your online documents. With the formation of any LLC with any IncFile Package you get the first year for free.
- Provides low-cost LLC formation packages
- Every business formation package includes 1-year free agent
- Fair email and phone customer service
- Has a few upsells and offers from third parties
4 - Harbor Compliance
One of the most valuable assets of Harbor Compliance is its outstanding customer support service.
Unlike other Minnesota LLC service providers that only offer a helpline or allow you to send anonymous emails, Harbor Compliance provides 1-on-1 support to assist you with your LLC formation queries.
Harbor Compliance also provides other legal services to maintain the excellent standing of your LLC to the Minnesota Secretary Of State.
We also tested Minnesota registered agent services for foreign limited liability companies. They will invoice you annually, and there are no unexpected charges.
- Formation Package ($99 + $155 State Fee): With the formation package you get name availability checking, drafting & filing your articles of organization.
- Registered Agent Service (88-$99): With no additional charges, the yearly fee goes from $89 to $99 per state for immediate online access to Minnesota registered agent addresses. If you pay two years of fee in advance, you get a 5-10% discount.
- Great 1-on-1 customer support
- Shows excellent service record
- Provides bulk discounts
- Service fees are on the higher end of the price spectrum
- Limited service features in every package
Benefits Of Creating An LLC In Minnesota
Starting a limited liability company is one of the smartest moves for any Minnesota business.
Below are the 3 main advantages of LLCs in Minnesota:
1. Personal Liability Protection
2. Tax Flexibility
By default, LLCs are subject to pass-through taxation, so your Minnesota LLC is exempted from paying any federal corporate or individual taxes .
This reduces your business expenses and simplifies your Minnesota business tax management.
3. Business Growth
There are numerous resources and opportunities available in Minnesota to assist small businesses on their path to innovation and growth.
These resources are being made available through several programs launched by the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED).
Minnesota LLC Formation Process
You may be using or looking forward to using an LLC formation service for your Minnesota LLC.
In this case, you should be familiar with the entire business formation process to avoid further confusion. The process includes the following steps:
- Step 1: Choose a name for your Minnesota LLC
- Step 2: Locate a Minnesota-based Agent
- Step 3: File Minnesota Articles of Organization
- Step 4: Create an LLC Operating Agreement
- Step 5: Obtain an Employer Identification Number.
How Fast Can You Get a Minnesota LLC?
You can get a Minnesota LLC immediately if you file online. However, formation documents filed by mail are approved around 3 to 4 weeks.
Is LLC Free in Minnesota?
No, an LLC is not free in Minnesota. It costs $135 to form an LLC by mail and $155 online. However, it costs $0 to file the annual report for renewing the LLC.
Do You Have to Renew LLC in Minnesota?
Yes, you have to renew an LLC in Minnesota every year to remain active. You can visit the official SOS website and file an annual renewal to update or change your business information. Failure to file the annual renewal will result in the dissolution of your LLC.
BEST LLC Formation Service In Minnesota Is…?
Among the many LLC formation services you can find in Minnesota, the four companies we've mentioned stand out for many reasons.
However, after detailed research, we recommend ZenBusiness as the best LLC formation solution for any business size and needs. They gave us a full suite of tools to help with launching our LLC quickly and efficiently.
ZenBusiness provides valuable and engaging service that gives clients everything they need.
It’s the perfect combination of low-cost business formation service packages, the best paid registered agent service, and top-notch quality.