If you’ve decided to form an LLC as a business entity in Florida and are looking to hire a business formation service provider, then you’re in the right place.
There are numerous options in the LLC formation service industry, but it is still important to select the best LLC Service in Florida. Otherwise, your business formation process would suffer and could end up delayed for weeks, if not months.
In this article, we listed the best LLC services in Florida and summarized the benefits, cons, and additional legal services each offer to help you choose the most beneficial LLC service for your Florida business. Let’s get started!
ZenBusiness is the best LLC service for you if you are looking for a quality LLC service and affordable business formation packages.
Established only in 2015, this LLC service company has already formed over 300,000 LLCs nationwide and has a 4.7/5 rating based on 4,500 online customer reviews.
What gives them an advantage over competitors is their well-rounded and flexible LLC formation package, which allows each business owner or entrepreneur to select the most suitable subscription level for them.
Their most basic package starts at $39, which includes free registered agent services and a free operating agreement template. In addition, they provide discounts on their other legal services.
ZenBusiness Service Features
- Starter Formation Package: Includes Free CPA assessment, LLC formation, one-year registered agent service, and a free operating agreement template.
- Pro package: Adds EIN registration, VIP processing, handling of annual report filings, and two yearly amendments.
- Premium package: Adds rush filing, business domain name, website email address, and domain privacy.
- Registered Agent Services: All three of its LLC formation packages include a full year of free registered agent service. The service then renews annually for $119 or $99 a la carte.
- Features cost-effective LLC formation packages
- Responsive and personalized customer services
- Outstanding customer feedback online
- Includes one year of registered agent service
- Does not have much experience since they are a relatively new company
- Requires paying an additional $70 to get an EIN for basic packages
Northwest Registered Agent
Established in 1998, Northwest Registered Agent is one of the oldest LLC service companies in the LLC formation service industry.
It has already established a reputation for being dependable in service and providing industry-leading customer support service as well as reasonable LLC formation packages.
Northwest Registered Agent's LLC formation pricing starts at $39 and includes a free year of registered agent service, keeping your initial costs low.
Plus, their customer support team is highly trained to assist you through each stage of the formation process. You may also contact them at any moment if you have any questions or require assistance.
Northwest Registered Agent Service Features
- Base Formation Package: Includes all paperwork required for the LLC formation process, such as name searches, registration, and filing of all formation documents. Plus, the 1-year free registered agent is included.
- Deluxe Package: Includes services from the base package plus access to an Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- Registered Agent Services: Includes a free year of registered agent service. The service then renews annually for $125.
- Excellent customer service
- Includes one-year registered agent service
- Has a mail forwarding service
- Limited features in their packages
- Doesn't have many customer reviews online
IncFile is one of the very few Florida LLC formation services that doesn't charge business owners or entrepreneurs for their business formation services. Yes, you read that right–free LLC service.
The only other fees you have to pay are Florida state fees, address fees, and certification fees. Everything else will be handled by IncFile.
Meanwhile, their customer service department is also plausible with its rapid response time. This is corroborated by over 10,000 customer reviews, nearly all of which have perfect five-star ratings.
The only drawback we see with IncFile is its third-party offers and few upsells. Nonetheless, it's still a good LLC formation service if you don't mind such promotional partnerships and upsells.
IncFile Service Features
- Free Silver Package: Includes Alabama LLC formation, one year of free registered agent service, and lifetime company compliance alerts.
- Incfile Gold: Adds preparation of operating agreement, banking resolution, and EIN registration.
- Platinum Package: Adds free business website and domain name, business contract templates, and priority expedited filing.
- Registered Agent Services: Includes a free year of registered agent service. The service then renews annually for $119.
- Has free LLC services
- Ideal for a low-budget startup
- Includes one year of registered agent service
- Over 98% of positive customer reviews online
- Has a few upsells and third-party offers
- Requires paying an extra fee to get an EIN registration
- Company alerts are quite overwhelming
LegalZoom is the ideal option if you are a start-up or small business owner looking for extensive legal services, such as business formation, registered agent services, business annual report service, and consultation with independent attorneys.
This LLC formation service provider has an outstanding track record for assisting over 4 million people and businesses in various ways since its founding in 2011, half of which involve the formation of LLCs.
dLegalZoom, on the other hand, is on the upper end of the price spectrum compared to the other companies on this list since it has been in business for a long time and has already created a strong brand identity.
Their entry-level package is reasonable but not as feature-rich as ZenBusiness and IncFile. Nonetheless, they aren't the strongest brand in the LLC formation industry for nothing.
LegalZoom Service Features
- LLC formation Economy Package: Price starts at $79 + Florida state fee. Includes basic LLC filing services.
- Basic Economy Package: Price starts at $329 + Florida state fee. Adds business name search, Peace of Mind Review™ compliance check, and 30-minute tax savings consultation.
- Standard Package: Price starts at $349 + Florida state fee. Adds deluxe organizer and official certificates and seal.
- Express Gold Package: Price starts at $349 + Florida state fee. Adds express shipping and VIP processing.
- Business Advisory Plan: Offers tax advice, attorney help, and access to legal forms.
- Registered Agent Services: Costs $159 in the first year if added to a formation package. The service then renews annually for $249.
- Established brand in LLC formation services
- Extended customer support hours
- Extensive legal services for your Florida LLC
- High client volume
- LLC formation packages don't include a lot of features
- No registered agent included
- Many upsell to high-priced add-on services
Read More: How Much Does Legal Zoom Cost for an LLC?
Advantages of Creating an LLC in Florida
The benefits of establishing an LLC in Florida vary depending on your business type. But, the primary benefit of a limited liability company type of business entity is personal liability protection and tax flexibility. Read more about it below.
If you form a Florida LLC, you have the edge over forming a corporation, especially when it comes to taxes. LLCs benefit from pass-through taxation, which means your taxes are passed through the business and are paid directly to you as a personal income tax.
As a result, unlike corporations that are double-tax entities, your Florida LLC will not be required to pay both corporate and personal taxes. Incorporating LLC in your Florida business allows you to simplify managing and minimizing your taxes.
Personal Liability Protection
Incorporating LLC as a business entity can keep you protected from personal creditors. This means that a business creditor cannot pursue an LLC member's personal assets, such as their home, vehicle, or bank accounts.
A limited liability company in Florida offers small business owners more than protection from debt collectors. In addition, LLCs protect the LLC owners and members against potential personal liability incurred or incurred by other LLC members or owners.
Less Complexity in Formation and Operation
In comparison to corporations, LLCs are easier to set up and manage. So, if you feel that regularly dealing with legal documents and paperwork is not for you, you may consider forming an LLC. Its formation process and operation are far more straightforward than that of a corporation.
A Florida LLC formation only requires the filing of Florida articles of organization with the Secretary of State. Furthermore, unlike a corporation, an LLC does not require corporate minutes or resolutions, making management easier.
Ownership and Management Flexibility
LLCs in Florida, unlike corporations, have no constraints on the number of members and the management structure. Florida also permits the formation of single-member LLCs, something that several states do not allow. Foreigners and corporate organizations may also own these entities.
As an LLC in Florida, you can add new members without giving them a complete say in management. Unlike a sole proprietorship or general partnership, you cannot accept investments without becoming partners.
Florida LLC Formation Process
If you're wondering if the Florida Secretary of State requires small business owners and entrepreneurs to employ an LLC formation service to form an LLC on their behalf, the answer is no. So, technically, you can complete the LLC formation process on your own, saving you hundreds of dollars.
Follow these seven easy steps to form an LLC in Alabama:
- Step 1: Choose a Name for Your Florida LLC
- Step 2: Find a Registered Agent Service
- Step 3: File Florida Articles of Organization
- Step 4: Create a Florida LLC Operating Agreement
- Step 5: Apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Step 6: Choose the Type of Your Florida LLC
- Step 7: File your Florida LLC Annual Report
Qualities to Look For in a Florida LLC Service
When deciding on the best Florida LLC formation service, there are a few variables to consider. The following are some of the best LLC services to search for:
- Competitive pricing of packages: Consider a reasonably priced bundle that includes all the tools to establish your own business.
- Ease of use: The order process of forming a business should be simple. An LLC formation service with an easy-to-use internet interface is also a plus as it gives a better online experience.
- Customer support: For a hassle-free and worry-free experience, LLC formation services with a quick response time are the ideal option.
- Proven track record: Customer reviews are there for a reason. Check if the firm has an excellent track record and client reviews. These things are easily found online.
How to Lookup an LLC in Florida?
Go to the Florida Sunbiz website, and under the “Corporations, LLCs, LPs, and Trademarks” category, click search by “Name”. Then, enter your desired LLC name on the search bar. If the results show business entities that are not overly similar to yours or find no matching entity name, you are free to use it.
But, if the search results find limited liability companies' name that resembles or is identical to your desired name, you are not allowed to use them.
A visit to the county courthouse where the business is registered is another option for doing a Florida business entity name search. All registered businesses in that county are kept in the county courthouse.
How to Dissolve an LLC in Florida?
In order to dissolve an LLC in Florida, you must file Articles of Dissolution with the Florida Secretary of State, which you may access and download in PDF form on their website.
The following is an outline of the process for properly dissolving an LLC in Florida:
- Step 1: Apply Your Florida LLC Operating Agreement
- Step 2: Wind Up Your LLC's Affairs
- Step 3: Close Your Business Tax Accounts
- Step 4: Send notice to LLC's Creditors and Other Claimants
- Step 5: File Florida LLC Articles of Dissolution
How Long Does It Take To Form My LLC in Florida?
The turnaround time for the approval of your LLC formation in Florida will depend on the filing method or filing service you choose. Online filing with the Florida Secretary of State is approved in 1 to 2 business days. Meanwhile, mail filing usually takes around 3 to 4 weeks.
Because Florida LLC formations filed online are granted within 1-2 days, the Florida Secretary of State does not accommodate expedited filing requests. The same applies to LLCs filed by mail.
How Much Does It Cost to Create a Florida LLC?
There is a $125 filing fee for the Articles of Organization due to the Florida Secretary of State. Afterward, you have to pay the annual report fee, which costs $138 to ensure that you comply with Florida law.
Besides these two main expenditures, you will also need to hire a registered agent. You can hire a registered agent service to help you with this task, and it can cost you anywhere from $25 to $125, depending on whether you are paying yearly or monthly.
Do I Need an LLC Service in Florida?
It depends on what you need at the moment. The Secretary of State does not require hiring Florida LLC services for your business formation, so you can actually do the process on your own. However, if you don't want to deal with all of the paperwork that comes with the LLC formation process, then you might want to consider hiring Florida LLC formation services.
Do I Need to Hire a Registered Agent in Florida?
Yes, LLCs in Florida are required to designate a registered agent who will be responsible for receiving and handling legal documents, government correspondence, and more on behalf of your Florida LLC.
If you prefer, you can be your own registered agent in Florida or work with a professional registered agent service. By hiring a Florida registered agent service for your LLC, you can avoid late fees and maintain good standing with the state.
How Many Small Businesses Are There in Florida Today?
Florida has recorded more than 2.5 million small businesses in the most recent federal report. The data covers a wide range of businesses, from one-person sole proprietorships or LLCs to considerably bigger corporations with hundreds of workers.
How to Choose the Best LLC Service in Florida for You...
Though there are numerous Florida LLC formation services that may help you form an LLC, these four are among the best in the business formation industry. The right Florida LLC service will make it easier for business owners like you to get started without worrying too much about the registration process itself. However, your pick will still be determined by what you search for in a service.
We recommend ZenBusiness if you want a well-rounded service and NorthWest Registered Agent for excellent client service. Then, there’s IncFIle if you want the best value in service and LegalZoom for reliable brand power.
With this guide, we hope we have helped you decide which LLC service will be the best for your Florida business.