Starting a business in Florida doesn't have to be overwhelming; many reliable LLC formation services are available to ensure the process is straightforward and stress-free.
Otherwise, your business formation process could suffer and be delayed for weeks, if not months.
So, together with our team of experienced legal professionals, we conducted an investigation based on the number of entrepreneurs who voted, online client reviews, and compliance performance assurance.
This article will reveal the benefits, drawbacks, service features, and prices of the best LLC services in Florida.
Top 6 Best LLC Services in Florida (September 2023)
1 - ZenBusiness (Editor's Choice)Would you recommend ZenBusiness?
ZenBusiness provides an unbeatable combination of high-quality LLC services and cost efficiency.
Backed by their dedication to business success, they offer tailored packages that meet the needs of businesses at every stage.
Their well-rounded and flexible LLC services package gives them an advantage over competitors. It has allowed us to select the most suitable subscription level for our needs while working with ZenBusiness.
Before submitting our LLC registration application, ZenBusiness performed a name eligibility check in Florida to make sure our proposed entity name was available.
This allowed us to avoid using time-consuming and outdated name search methods and ensured our application wouldn't be denied due to a minor error.
Their starter package starts at $0 (state fees not included). In addition, they give discounts on their other legal services. We found their pricing structure very affordable and effective.
- Starter ($0 + $125 State Fee): It includes standard fling speed (2 to 3 weeks), guaranteed accuracy of 100%, and tracking of expenses and deductions. Additionally, you'll also get a Worry-free compliance package at $0 for the first year with a renewal fee of $199 yearly if you accept the package. Plus, enjoy added advantages including Banking and Bank Account services at $5/month each, Money Pro Bookkeeping at $30/month, and a Website Builder at $15/month with a 1-month free trial for all services.
- Pro ($199 + $125 State Fee): This package is billed annually and includes state filing fees and Employer ID Number (EIN) registration. In addition to previous package features, this package has the fastest rush-filling speed (1-2 days). The package also provides a guided operating agreement (at $99).
- Premium ($349 + $125 State Fee): The package includes all the Pro and Starter features. Additionally, you will have access to a domain name, customizable business website, email address, and business document templates.
- Registered Agent Service ($199): The price of $199 is billed annually.
- Affordable LLC formation packages
- Wide range of LLC formation options
- Worry-free compliance assurance
- Fast business formation process
- Significantly large positive customer reviews
- Non-profit business formation is unavailable
2 - Northwest Registered AgentWould you recommend Northwest Registered Agent?
Northwest Registered Agent is one of the oldest LLC service providers in the industry.
It already has a long-standing reputation for being dependable and providing industry-leading customer support service and reasonable LLC formation packages.
As per our experience, we were assigned a local Corporate Guide from our state.
This professional supported us throughout the entire process of registering our new company and provided ongoing help afterward.
This LLC service can also serve as the registered agent for your Florida business, managing official and legal correspondence on your behalf while preserving your privacy.
With a starting cost of just $39 plus state fees, you'll get the LLC formation process started quickly and easily.
Plus, you'll receive a free year of registered agent service in Florida, which is necessary to keep your business compliant with state laws.
Our experience with Northwest Registered Agent's customer support team has been nothing short of excellent.
Northwest Registered Agent is also available 24/7 if you require assistance or have questions.
- Basic Package ($39 + $125 State Fee): This includes a name availability search, filing your Articles of Incorporation, and a corporate kit and seal. You also get a 1-year free registered agent, if you hire them for your LLC.
- Full Service LLC Formation Package ($225 + $125 State Fee): This package includes all basic package LLC services plus EIN. Part of this package is free limited mail forwarding and free forms of tools.
- Registered Agent Services ($125): It'll cost you $0 to use registered agent service in the first year if you hire Northwest to form your LLC. The LLC services then renew annually for $125.
- Knowledgeable in the process due to their 20 years of expertise
- Has a strict privacy protection program
- Their fees are clear
- Zero-fee one-year Florida registered agent service from their formation packages
- Northwest Registered Agent Packages are a bit pricey
3 - IncFileWould you recommend IncFile?
IncFile is a trusted Florida LLC formation service that offers entrepreneurs an affordable and reliable way to start a business.
Unlike other services, IncFile doesn't charge fees for forming an LLC.
We tried IncFile's free LLC service and were delighted to find it was exactly as advertised. The other fees we had to pay were Florida state, address, and certification fees. IncFile handled everything else.
IncFile's customer service department is known for its quick and responsive service. Customers can expect to receive a response to their inquiries within a few hours or less.
The company's commitment to customer satisfaction is evident in the over 10,000 customer reviews they have received.
- Silver Package ($0 + $125 State Fee): Includes Florida LLC formation, giving you the legal protection and tax benefits of a limited liability company. You also get free registered agent service for one year and unlimited alerts for company compliance.
- IncFile Gold Package ($199 + $125 State Fee): This package includes business tax consultation, EIB registration, a business license compliance tool, and free document retrieval. This package also includes banking resolution, lifetime company alerts, and online access dashboard.
- Platinum Package ($299 + $125 State Fee): It includes all the features of the Silver and Gold packages. It also includes access to a dedicated business specialist and a business compliance dashboard. You'll also get a free domain name and business email address.
- Registered Agent Services ($119): Includes a free year of service, with an annual renewal fee of $119. If made with a package for forming an LLC, it is free for the first year.
- Affordably priced LLC creation service
- Includes a free year of registered agent service
- Established over 500,000 business
- Strong support team with direct phone and email contacts.
- Unnecessary upsells
4 - LegalZoom
LegalZoom is the ideal option for a start-up or small business owner looking for extensive legal services, such as business formation, registered agent services, business annual report service, and consultation with independent attorneys.
They have successfully helped over 4 million people and businesses with various services, including forming LLCs.
Besides providing exceptional customer service, this business formation service features more generous support contact hours compared to its competitors.
Based on our experience with them, their team is highly knowledgeable and adept at addressing all of our queries. We strongly recommend them to anyone starting a new venture.
LegalZoom commitment to excellence has resulted in an outstanding track record of success, with half of their services involving Florida LLC formation services.
LegalZoom, on the other hand, is on the upper end of the price spectrum compared to the other companies on this list since it has been in the LLC services business longer and has already created a powerful brand recognition.
- Basic ($0 + $125 State Fee): On top of the economic Florida LLC services package, you’ll get a business name search, articles of organization, a digital welcome packet, and wix powered professional website.
- Pro ($249 + $125 State Fee): Includes all Basic package services and a comprehensive Florida business licensing guide. The package also offers an EIN, operating agreement, and prior phone consultations on taxes and insurance.
- Premium ($299 + $125 State Fee): Here, you’ll get all Pro package features plus a half-an-hour limitless attorney consultation on the latest topics on legal matters. You also get an in-depth guide from a professional Florida attorney.
- Registered Agent Services ($299): Includes a dedicated agent to receive and forward documents, access to an online dashboard, and email notifications.
- Extensive customer base
- Extended hours of customer service
- Extensive legal services
- Limited LLC formation features
- Too many add-ons to existing services for an additional fee
5 - Swyft Filings
Swyft Filings provides personalized services tailored to your specific needs.
In our experience, they've proven to be very familiar with Florida business laws.
One of their top priorities is assisting entrepreneurs in establishing their own businesses through formation packages.
They provide some of their services directly, while others are offered through collaborations with other businesses.
We evaluated their performance and were highly satisfied with the results. We valued their reminder system that alerted us about important upcoming deadlines.
It is very simple to obtain their LLC services. They will give you a form that you can easily fill out in 10 minutes.
Once you've completed the form with your future LLC's information, you can send it back to them, and they'll file the paperwork as part of their registered agent service.
All you have to do now is wait for the state-approved documents to be returned to you.
- Basic Formation Package ($0 + $125 State Fee): Package for the first step. Includes articles of Incorporation, company name availability check, a compliance Guard warning system, a 30-minute business tax consultation, and a free domain name.
- Standard Formation Package ($199 + $125 State Fee): Everything that is in the Basic LLC formation services package, as well as banking resolution, EIN, and a draft of the operating agreement.
- Premium Formation Package ( ($299 + $125 State Fee): All-in Basic and Standard LLC formation services package added by an expedited filing, free web hosting, certificate of incorporation, a business specialist that you can count on, fast delivery of documents, and an LLC kit.
- Registered Agent Service ($99): This will be an ongoing quarterly subscription, according to a sales representative.
- Fast turnaround time
- Offers a personal business specialist
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- A free registered agent service isn't included in the formation package
6 - Harbor Compliance
Harbor Compliance was created by a group of professionals and has been in place since 2012.
Obviously, given the name, their priority is to assist businesses in remaining in compliance through the use of proprietary tracking software and compliance experts to ensure that nothing goes unnoticed.
Harbor Compliance provides various services that may benefit you as an entrepreneur and your business.
If you're just getting started in business, which is probably the case, given that you're looking for an LLC service to aid in the formation process, Harbor Compliance can also help.
They take care of numerous essential tasks involved in starting a new company.
Their program is designed to assist businesses in keeping track of crucial annual report deadlines and swiftly identifying where they are registered to conduct business.
We were genuinely impressed with this program. Additionally, they offered us a 10 percent discount when we procured an extra service.
They have a great deal of prior experience creating LLCs in numerous states, including Florida.
- LLC Formation Package ($99 + $125 State Fee): This starting package includes a business name availability search and a draft of articles of organization; they will also provide you a preliminary operating agreement, an EIN from the IRS, and a free registered agent for 1 year.
- Registered Agent Service (89-$99): You get immediate online access to the registered agent's address. If you prepay for registered agent services for more than two years, you can receive a 5–10% discount.
- Their pricing is very transparent
- They offer very easy-to-use software
- They offer a high-volume discount
- No legal advice
- Poor brand reputation and recognition
Advantages of Creating an LLC in Florida
Depending on your business type, establishing an LLC in Florida has many advantages.
But, the primary benefit of a limited liability company type of business entity is personal liability protection and tax flexibility. Read more about it below.
1. Pass-Through Taxation
If you form a Florida LLC, you have the edge over forming a corporation, especially regarding taxes. LLCs benefit from pass-through taxation.
This means that the business is not taxed at a corporate level. Instead, the taxes are passed to the individual owners, who pay them as personal income taxes .
Incorporating LLC in your Florida business, thus, simplifying tax management and minimizing your tax burden.
2. Personal Liability Protection
Incorporating your business as an LLC is a smart move to protect you from personal creditors. As an LLC owner, you’ll not be personally liable for the debts and obligations of the business.
Any claims against the LLC may also not result in a personal judgment against you as an owner.
LLCs in Florida offer small business owners invaluable asset protection from personal liability. So, if one LLC member or owner is sued, the other members and owners are not held personally liable for any damages.
The protection is especially beneficial for businesses with multiple owners .
3. Less Complexity in Formation and Operation
In comparison to corporations, LLCs are easier to set up and manage. LLCs require less paperwork and filing fees than other business entities.
It’s beneficial for those who don’t have the resources or the time to manage the paperwork associated with other business structures.
To form an LLC in Florida, you must only file Articles of Organization with the Florida Department of State.
This simple filing process is much quicker and less expensive than the complex paperwork and fees associated with forming a corporation.
Furthermore, unlike a corporation, an LLC does not require corporate minutes or resolutions, making management more effortless.
4. Ownership and Management Flexibility
LLCs in Florida, unlike corporations, have no constraints on the number of members and the management structure .
Florida also permits the formation of single-member LLCs and ownership by foreign and corporate organizations.
As an LLC in Florida, you can add new members without granting them voting rights or control over the business management.
Florida LLC Formation Process
The Florida Secretary of State doesn’t require small business owners and entrepreneurs to employ an LLC formation service to form an LLC. Forming an LLC in Florida is a relatively straightforward process.
To get started, follow these nine easy steps for LLC formation in Florida:
- Step 1: Choose a Business Name
- Step 2: Find a Florida Registered Agent Service
- Step 3: File Florida Articles of Organization
- Step 4: Create a Florida LLC Operating Agreement
- Step 5: Obtain an EIN
- Step 6: Register with the Florida Department of Revenue
- Step 7: Open a Bank Account
- Step 8: Obtain Licenses and Permits
- Step 9: File your Florida LLC Annual Report
Qualities to Look For in a Florida LLC Service
When selecting a Florida LLC formation service, it is crucial to consider various factors. Here are some of the best LLC services qualities to look at:
1. Competitive pricing of packages
A quality provider will offer multiple package options at various price points, allowing you to choose the one that best fits your needs and budget. Compare each package's features to ensure you get the most value for your money.
2. Ease of use
Look for an LLC service that offers a straightforward and hassle-free order process. This includes an intuitive online platform that allows users to quickly and easily fill out the necessary paperwork and submit it for review.
3. Customer support
Look for a provider dedicated to providing excellent customer service. This includes a quick response time for emails and phone calls and a knowledgeable and friendly staff who can answer any questions about the LLC formation process.
4. Proven track record
Online reviews and testimonials from past clients can help you better understand the quality of the providers' services. Consider how long the firms have been in business, their success rate, and their reputation within the legal community.
Do I Need an LLC Service in Florida?
No, you don't need an LLC service in Florida because it is not mandatory. But, it will save you a lot of time and money and help you to deal with all the legal requirements and documents in the formation process.
How Many Small Businesses Are There in Florida Today?
There are more than 2.5 million small businesses in Florida, by the most recent federal report. The data covers a wide range of businesses, from one-person sole proprietorships or LLCs to considerably bigger corporations with hundreds of workers.
Is Florida good for LLCs?
Yes. Florida is a good state for LLCs. In fact, many LLC businesses operate there. LLCs provide limited liability protection by separating your personal assets from the company's in case it is sued or goes bankrupt with many debts.
Do I Need to Renew My LLC Every Year in Florida?
Yes, you need to renew your LLC every year in Florida. This will help you and your company maintain good standing with the state.
How to Choose the Best LLC Service in Florida for You...
Choosing the right LLC service in Florida can be a daunting task. However, after comprehensively researching the services available and understanding the cost and benefits, we settled for ZenBusiness as the best LLC formation service.
ZenBusiness makes it simple for entrepreneurs to begin their business journey. They take off the worry about the tedious paperwork and filing requirements associated with business registration.
We also recommend ZenBusiness for its well-rounded service options and the high-quality customer support that quickly and thoroughly answered our questions.