To start a company in Louisiana correctly, you need to hire a reliable registered agent to guide you through the process and help file the required documents.
An ideal Louisiana registered agent will offer services that will help your Louisiana LLC maintain its good standing and keep your sensitive information private.
To help you identify the most premium registered agent services in Louisiana for your company, we've tested different Louisiana services and compiled a list of those that make the grade.
Top 4 Registered Agent Services in Louisiana (January 2023)
1 - Northwest Registered Agent Service (Editor's Choice)
To satisfy the requirements of the Louisiana Secretary of State, Northwest offers all the services that a Louisiana registered agent is required to submit.
As our commercial registered agent, they operated as our communication center with the state and received legal documents on our behalf.
Northwest registered agent also gives your company an address in Louisiana, is accessible to receive mail during business hours, and offers mail forwarding.
Northwest provides top-notch registered agent service in Louisiana based on quality service and open pricing. They offer the industry's greatest confidentiality and customer experience.
- Registered Agent Service ($125/year): Aside from the excellent registered agent, you will also enjoy additional services along with their packages, such as local corporate guides®, same-day local file scanning, complimentary document forwarding, and privacy by default®.
- LLC Formation ($39 + state fee): To establish an LLC in Louisiana, you only need to pay this standard filing fee. You will enjoy a free registered agent service in your first year and pay $25 yearly for the subsequent years.
- Best-in-industry private protection
- Excellent customer service and service of process
- Decade-long of LLC forming experience
- Direct pricing
- Base plan has free statutory agent services
- A bit expensive than rivals
2 - ZenBusiness Registered Agent Service
ZenBusiness has become another outstanding registered agent service option for your Louisiana LLC.
Compared to other services, ZenBusiness charges a reasonable amount for their registered agent services. They also have extensive customer support that you can reach through email or phone.
Their signup process was easy, and the whole process took us less than 15 minutes. Also, the commands on the webpage are easy to understand and follow.
They are known for offering excellent customer service and software access. You may check and make changes to your company's yearly reports.
- Registered Agent Service ($99): ZenBusiness offers a basic package for their Louisiana registered agent services for only $99. But, if you plan to establish your Louisiana LLC with ZenBusiness, you'll pay $39 plus the Louisiana state fee.
- Complete Coverage Upgrade: ZenBusiness also offers a Complete Coverage Upgrade if you want to add guaranteed “Worry-Free Compliance.” This upgrade includes services like yearly report filing report notifications and 24/7 live support.
- Affordable and straightforward bundle deals
- Professional assistance and service
- Exceptional consumer ratings
- Money return policy within 60 days
- Weak brand name familiarity
3 - Incfile Registered Agent Service
As a cost-effective service. IncFile provides broad services that cover all the essentials that come with LLC formation.
In our experience, they provided a physical office address to which all our legal papers were mailed to during office hours. IncFile also offers timely legal alerts to help you avoid unnecessary state penalties.
With an intuitive dashboard, you can conveniently organize, manage and store all your files.
They are one of the most well-known and reasonably priced registered agent service and LLC filing services in Louisiana.
- Registered Agent Service ($119/year): This package includes a free-of-charge statutory agent service and Limited Liability Company formation. It also has a convenient Louisiana registered agent service webpage and message alerts.
- LLC Formation ($0 + state fees): Since the LLC formation already comes for free when you avail of registered agent service with Incfile, all you need to pay is the Louisiana fee.
- An intuitive client dashboard
- Free registered agent service for the first year
- Time-efficient order processing
- No extra costs
- Restricted support access
4 - LegalZoom Registered Agent Service
Choosing LegalZoom as your registered agent implies that you're going with a well-known name in the business world.
They have a solid reputation in the business community, and many businesses looking for a new registered agent in Louisiana highly appreciate this reputation.
They provide your business with an actual street address in Louisiana, accept mail, allow process servers to serve you with legal documents during regular business hours, and offer mail forwarding.
They will meet all filing deadlines to keep your LLC in compliance with the Secretary of State in Louisiana.
- Registered Agent Service ($299): LegalZoom offers its registered agent service for $299 per year. The package includes Louisiana LLC formation and other features such as professional legal counsel, business data security, a compliance schedule, and vast digital storage.
- LLC Formation ($99 + state fees): But, if you will only avail of the LLC formation, their primary business formation service costs $79 plus state fees.
- Diverse features on packages
- Robust brand awareness
- Huge clientele base
- Way pricey than rival brands
- Base plan lacks registered agent feature
What Are the Benefits of Working with a Registered Agent Service in Louisiana?
The benefits of working with a registered agent include the following :
1. Ensures Compliance
Your registered agent will help you make sure everything is taken care of and that your company always complies with Louisiana's state laws.
2. Gives You Peace of Mind
You may devote all of your time, effort, and attention to developing your company while a resident agent manages daily operations. This way, nothing will be overlooked, and you will be informed if any paperwork is delivered.
3. Maintains Privacy
Hiring a registered agent helps maintain your personal and company privacy. Registered agents share their office addresses with the state, and all sensitive papers are mailed directly to them.
If you want an extra layer of security and protection, a Louisiana premium registered agent company is ideal. When important company documents are received, the agent will inform you as soon as possible.
Some Louisiana entrepreneurs have erratic work schedules and are unable to go to the office every other day.
As such, hiring a registered agent is a step in the right direction because they are available throughout office hours to handle all legal activities.
How Much Does a Professional Statutory Agent Service Cost in Louisiana?
A professional statutory agent service in Louisiana typically costs between $99 and $349.
Some Louisiana registered agent services charge as low as $99 a year. Still, others may charge significantly more depending on their services.
What Are the Requirements for a Louisiana Registered Agent?
According to Louisiana law (RS 12:1-501) the requirements of a registered agent include the following:
- Registered agents in Louisiana are required to have a street address there.
- Competent to receive papers and at least 18 years old.
- To receive papers in person, the individual or company must be reachable during normal office hours.
Our Selection Process
When ranking Louisiana registered agent services on our list, we have been using a standardized selection process aimed at prioritizing the companies that afford the highest quality service.
Working with our legal team and licensed attorneys-at-law, we managed to identify a number of factors essential to customer satisfaction, then used them to rank each of these services.
We looked at the base cost of each good Registered Agent Service in Louisiana and any discounts and promotions they might offer for specific services, with the goal of helping our clients get the most value possible out of their funds.
We reviewed how long the registered agent services have been in business, scoring them on the quality of their business practice and their track record. It is our goal to ensure our clients are provided with the best registered agent services possible, regardless of what you are looking for.
3. Customer support
We tested the quality and responsiveness of each Louisiana registered agent service’s customer support with the goal of crediting the services that provide timely assistance in case of any questions or unexpected issues a client may need to be solved.
4. Turnaround time
The final criterion we used when ranking these registered agent services was their turnaround time. We did this by going through the entire ordering process and noting and sharing how long it took each company to provide the service. Those services that managed to meet our strict criteria have been ranked higher on the list.
What is a Louisiana Registered Agent?
Louisiana registered agent is the person chosen by your business to receive legal paperwork. A sheriff or process server will personally deliver the lawsuit notification to your registered agent if your company is sued, also referred "service of process." Registration agents must be physically accessible and must accept signatures.
Does One Need a Registered Agent in Louisiana?
Yes, one needs a registered agent in Louisiana for all business registrations with the Secretary of State. In the event of administrative or legal action, a person is designated as an agent to receive legal documents served on the company.
Can I Be My Own Statutory Agent for My Louisiana LLC?
Yes, you can be your own statutory agent for your Louisiana LLC because any person who satisfies the state's registered agent requirements above may serve as their own registered agent on behalf of a business entity as an owner, member, officer, director, etc.
What is the Process of Changing a Registered Agent in Louisiana?
The process of changing a registered agent in Louisiana is simply to complete a change form and send it to the Louisiana Secretary of State with $25 filing fee paid by check, money order, credit card, or cash. An additional $5 convenience fee is added to credit card transactions.
Do I Collaborate with an Agent Before Or After Incorporating My Louisiana Startup?
You collaborate with an agent before incorporating your Louisiana startup. If you don't hire, the Louisiana Secretary of State will reject your application for business registration.
BEST Registered Agent in Louisiana is...
Considering all your various responsibilities as a business owner in Louisiana, choosing registered agent services may make your life much easier. That is why we suggest that you choose Northwest Registered Agent.
Northwest is a competent registered agent who helped our business thrive, secured our privacy and personal information, and prevented us from missing an important filing date.
As a well-rounded service, Northwest registered agent offers local corporate guides®, same-day local file scanning, complimentary document forwarding, and privacy by default®.
Overall, it's the best-registered agent service your Louisiana business needs to stay compliant!