Despite being a relatively small state in terms of its overall geographical size, Connecticut has over 350,000 small businesses.
For this reason, choosing a reputable registered agent (also known as a statutory agent) for your Connecticut Limited Liability Company (LLC) is equally as crucial as searching for the best deals anywhere. It is a significant decision that could impact your company's future prospects.
If you're looking for the best Connecticut registered agents, don't worry, we will help you with that in this article.
Below, we identified the three best registered agent services in Connecticut. We will examine each of them in-depth to show how they differ from one another and help you identify which one is best for your Connecticut LLC.
Top 3 Registered Agents in Connecticut (September 2022)
1 - Northwest Registered Agent Service (Editor's Choice)
Northwest is one of the best registered agent service providers in Connecticut because they offer all the corporate services required to keep your Connecticut LLC or corporation in compliance with the rules imposed by the Connecticut Secretary of State.
Additionally, Northwest is the only primary national agent service that will locally scan each document they receive on your behalf and provide each customer personalized customer service from a personal account representative.
- CT Registered Agent Service: Their services start at $125 per year, which includes free mail forwarding, same-day local document scanning, expert Corporate Guides®, Privacy by Default®, and 24/7 online portal accessibility.
- Provides all essential registered agent services that your Connecticut LLC needs
- Helps file your Certificate of Organization with the Connecticut Secretary of State
- Easy sign-up process
- Has seamless and personalized customer service during normal business hours
- More expensive than other competitors
2 - ZenBusiness Registered Agent Service
ZenBusiness is another top-notch commercial registered agent service in Connecticut due to the company's outstanding customer service, standard business hours, and competitive pricing.
With more than 4,700 reviews, almost all positive, ZenBusiness has excellent customer feedback.
Zen Business is highly recommended for registered agent services and business formation services that are reasonable and trustworthy.
- CT Registered Agent Service: basic package starts at $99 (without LLC formation).
- CT LLC Formation: All limited liability company (LLC) formation packages include a free year of registered agent services, which cost $119 annually.
Worry-Free Compliance Guarantee: For an extra $50 per state, you can upgrade to Registered Agent Complete, which comes with two free annual filings (state fees not included) and annual report notifications.
- Offers excellent prices for LLC and corporation formations
- Every package includes a Connecticut registered agent
- Offer worry-free compliance for filing notifications for annual reports
- The checkout process is slower and more complicated than with other registered agent services
- ZenBusiness has low brand recognition compared to its competitors
3 - IncFile
One of the most well-known registered agents and LLC services in Connecticut that charges fair prices is IncFile.
Since 2004, it has provided registered agent services to more than 150,000 clients, and its Learning Center provides helpful resources for business owners.
In addition, if you start an LLC in Connecticut and would like a free registered agent service during the process, they provide a superb free LLC formation service.
- CT Registered Agent Service: The rate starts at $119 per year, which includes a convenient registered agent service dashboard and company updates via email and SMS notifications.
- CT LLC Formation: Free of charge, including one free year of registered agent service.
- Offers free of charge LLC formation with a free year of registered agent service
- Has the best customer feedback reputation in the service agent industry
- It has a virtual mailbox feature
- Useful online dashboard
- Limited supplemental legal registered agent services
- Unimpressive registered agents
- Costly charge in the long run
Why Work With a Registered Agent Service in Connecticut?
If you don't want to act as your own registered agent or don't feel comfortable with someone else filling this role, then a service is beneficial for your Connecticut business entity. Added benefits of working with a registered agent service in Connecticut are as follows:
Your registered agent service will assist your business entity in complying with state regulations. Most registered agent services also give you access to an online account where you can quickly and safely access any documents you need at any time.
2. Provides You with Peace of Mind
You can rest easy knowing that nothing will be overlooked with registered agent services. A reliable company that receives all documents will contact you as soon as something arrives.
3. Ensures Privacy
Keeping some of the registered agent's documents private is best. You probably want to keep the service of process papers, for instance, which is done when a business is sued, confidential. To do this, a registered agent service should accept the documents off-site.
How Much Does a Registered Agent Service Cost in Connecticut?
Most of the registered agent services in Connecticut are reasonably priced.
The average cost of a registered agent service with mail forwarding services is around $50 or less per year (not including potential state fees).
However, many of these registered agent service companies offer various additional services for a premium price, such as a claiming service of process papers and other legal documents. Expect to pay $100 to $250 annually for extra services.
What Are the Requirements for a Registered Agent in Connecticut?
According to the Connecticut LLC Act, a registered agent must comply with the following requirements:
- The registered agent must be a citizen of the state or a company that offers registered agent services.
- The registered agent is required to maintain a local physical address.
If someone is appointed, they must be at least 18 years old.
Is a Connecticut Registered Agent Service Really Necessary?
Yes, a Connecticut registered agent service is necessary. All businesses registered in Connecticut are required by law to designate a Connecticut registered agent. The Secretary of State's Commercial Recording Division will reject your business filing if you don't designate a registered agent.
Am I Allowed to Act as My Own Registered Agent in Connecticut?
You are allowed to act as your own registered agent in Connecticut. However, hiring a registered agent service provider is an investment in time, privacy, and peace of mind.
Can I Change My Connecticut Registered Agent?
Yes, you can change your Connecticut registered agent. You must submit a Change of Agent form to the Secretary of State if you want to do so.
You must choose a registered agent if you intend to launch a business in Connecticut. A registered agent serves as your company's point of contact in all legal matters and legal documents and receives mail from the state of Connecticut.
This job involves handling seemingly straightforward tasks, but if mishandled, you could incur significant fines and even risk having the state dissolve your LLC in Connecticut.
We recommend choosing Northwest registered agent service for your Connecticut business.
Northwest registered agent offers a professional service and conducts all the requirements posed by the Connecticut Secretary of State. They provide an easy-to-sign-up process and personalized customer service.