Drawing from my extensive experience working with registered agent services in New Hampshire, I can attest to the importance of these services in handling state documentation and other responsibilities.
They make a huge difference in your LLC formation process, but only if you select the best registered agent services in New Hampshire. Now, I understand that you may not have the time to do thorough research.
To your relief, I've spent weeks researching together with my team to understand the types of services offered by the various registered agents in New Hampshire.
We even consulted our lawyers and contacted customer service representatives to answer additional questions we had.
We developed this list to inform your decision.
Top 7 Registered Agents in New Hampshire (September 2023)
1 - Northwest Registered Agent (Editor's Choice)Would you recommend Northwest Registered Agent?
Northwest Registered Agent is very well-established in the industry and has existed for more than two decades.
It offers convenient formation options and quality services to help you get your firm up and running quickly. This makes them a leading registered agent service in New Hampshire.
Northwest Registered Agent best suits business owners looking for affordable and reliable registered agent services to help them remain compliant.
We tested their registered agent service for a month and found it to be worthwhile. Their pricing was unmatched, and their customer service was there to help us every step of the way.
Northwest Registered Agent is an excellent option for forming your LLC if you've been looking for a professional registered agent service with excellent customer service.
- Registered Agent Services ($125): If you incorporate your LLC with Northwest Registered Agent, the first year of registered agent service is free.
- Basic LLC Formation Plan ($39 + $102 State Fee): Articles of incorporation, an operational agreement, and a one-year complimentary registered agent service are all included in this package. It also offers regular and rapid processing speeds.
- Full Service LLC Formation Plan ($225 + $102 State Fee): This package includes same-day filing, a full year of registered agent service, an operating agreement, and a client account with free forms and services.
- Keeps your data private
- Excellent client service
- Has 20+ years of experience
- There are no extra charges or "free trials" that lead to expensive costs afterward
- A whole year of cost-free professional New Hampshire registered agent services in all formation packages
- Not the most affordable
2 - ZenBusinessWould you recommend ZenBusiness?
ZenBusiness makes obtaining the necessary legal paperwork for startups easy and affordable. This registered agent provides a wide range of business solutions.
Their primary focus is on enterprise software, advertising, and sociological analysis.
ZenBusiness helped us create a custom business plan and offered invaluable advice on organizing our finances better.
What impressed us the most was their friendly and attentive customer service, which was available around the clock whenever we had any concerns.
This registered agent service also charges an affordable $199 annually.
Overall, ZenBusiness is known for its excellent customer service, affordable pricing, and credible registered agents.
- Registered Agent Service ($199): The annual renewal fee for registered agent service is $199.
- Starter LLC Formation Package ($0 + $102 State Fee): This package covers essential LLC filing service, including name availability check. LLC submission takes 2-3 weeks, costing $0 + state fee. It includes 100% accuracy guarantee, provides banking and a bank account completely free for a month. Starter offers 1-year worry-free compliance, which is optional, renewing at $199/year after 12 months.
- Pro LLC Formation Package ($199 + $102 State Fee): This package combines the Basic features with added benefits, like the quickest "rush" filing speed of 1 to 2 business days. Alongside swift business setup, the Pro plan includes an operating agreement that organizes internal processes, reducing conflicts and enhancing efficiency. The included EIN simplifies IRS interactions and all legal steps.
- Premium LLC Formation Package ($299 + $102 State Fee): Upgrade to Premium to build on Pro's strengths with business document templates. These templates cut down time-consuming tasks, saving you from monotonous work and unnecessary expenses. Premium includes free bookkeeping and a customizable website builder for a month, making it even more practical for digital presence.
- Reasonable and clear price structure
- Extended customer chat support
- Positive customer reviews
- Full refund within 60 days of purchase if you're not satisfied
- Limited advanced features
3 - IncFileWould you recommend IncFile?
IncFile is known for offering high-quality products at lower prices. The Incfile team is well-versed in the entity formation regulations among all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
Though it was our first time applying for a New Hampshire LLC, their user-friendly website sped up the process for us, making it easier to navigate.
If you set up a business with Incfile, you can receive a complimentary registered agent service during the first year on top of a free LLC formation.
Unlike the other registered agent services, their prices are reliable. They are ready to support business owners who develop creative solutions and inspire progress.
IncFile registered agent service's key selling point is its inexpensive costs of various services.
They are worth examining when you're concerned with financial formation or regulation.
- Registered Agent Services ($119): This is a fixed price for new services or renewing the registered agent. However, a full-year discount is applied if you open the LLC using IncFile.
- Free Silver LLC Formation Package ($0 + $102 State Fee): The New Hampshire LLC formation service is packed with articles of Organization preparation and filing, unlimited name searches, and a year of free registered agent service available.
- IncFile Gold LLC Formation Package ($199 + $102 State Fee): This package includes the silver bundle, as well as an EIN business tax number, IRS Form 2553, and an operating agreement. The company also has banking resolutions, an online access dashboard, and a tax advice option.
- Platinum LLC Formation Package ($299 + $102 State Fee): The package includes the Gold Package, as well as free business websites, domain registrations, and business contract templates. Users can also file for free the next day.
- Good online dashboard
- Free registered agent in all formation packages
- Swift order processing
- No hidden fees or service subscriptions
- Narrow service options
4 - LegalZoom
LegalZoom is also well-known in the online legal services industry. Whether you are a business owner or expert, or you're searching for personal legal services, you can find it all with LegalZoom.
Though this registered agent may not be the most affordable option in the market, I was drawn to their wide range of products and exceptional customer service.
For example, LegalZoom's services begin at $299 during the first year, which is on the higher end, when compared to its competitors.
Having experienced LegalZoom's registered agent services firsthand, I can confidently recommend them to anyone seeking reliable and expert support for their entrepreneurial growth and online service needs.
- Registered Agent Services ($299): This service has an initial fee of $249 for the first year, followed by a renewal fee of $299. The registered agent service features unlimited cloud storage, crucial email notifications, and 1 million dollars in protection against identity theft.
- LLC Basic Formation Package ($0 + $102 State Fee): The features include a comprehensive digital LLC orientation bundle, a meticulous name search service, a WIX-powered website, and articles of organization.
- LLC Pro Formation Package ($249 + $102 State Fee): The package offers all the Basic plan features plus an operating agreement that outlines the entity's guidelines and offers dispute resolution mechanisms. Additionally, this package includes an EIN for swift bank account setup and tax filing purposes. You'll have access to tax-saving consultations and an in-depth guide to business licensing.
- LLC Premium Formation Package ($299 + $102 State Fee): The plan includes the LLC Pro package, along with modifications to your LLC document within the initial 90-day period of your subscription. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity for multiple consultations with attorneys regarding the latest legal updates within 90 days. The plan also offers valuable and interactive guidance from a proficient business attorney.
- Satisfaction guarantee for 60 days
- Simple online platform
- Broad range of legal services
- Numerous upsells
- Expensive registered agent packages
5 - Harbor Compliance
Harbor Compliance is a fairly new registered agent company but it managed to get to the top rather quickly. Currently, they are one of the leading providers of compliance solutions.
Their national registered agent service, backed by innovative compliance software, provides unmatched accuracy and performance to multi-state enterprises.
We put the registered agent to the test and were satisfied with the results. With their pre-filled state paperwork and user-friendly tools, we saved ourselves a lot of time and money.
We would recommend this registered agent as a solid alternative for companies and NGOs looking for individualized service while staying in conformity for a good price.
However, Harbor Compliance registered agents do not provide cheap add-ons or the ability to choose products.
- Registered Agent Service ($88): Yearly rates range from $89 to $99 per state, with no other expenses. You can save 5-10% if you pay for registered agent services in advance for more than two years.
- LLC Formation Package ($99 + $102 State Fee): This registered agent plan covers completing and filing your articles of incorporation with the state, as well as confirming the availability of your chosen name.
- They take your security seriously
- They provide a savings option
- One year of free registered agent service
- They don’t have a money-return policy
- A year's service must be paid for in advance
6 - Swyft Filings
Swyft Filings is another solid choice if you're looking for a registered service agent in New Hampshire. They can help you with the local state's statutory obligations.
Swyft Filings can offer you the alternative to have them assign a registered professional agent for your New Hampshire LLC.
On top of that, they commit to obtaining the annual fee as a partnership representative when first assigned.
We tried them out and their registered agent service was pretty decent. We found the platform to be reasonably priced, and simple to use, and it met all of our fundamental requirements.
If you decide to go with Swyft Filings, create your billing alerts and avoid add-on services because they are not that cheap.
- Registered Agent Services ($99 per three months): A quarterly registered agent subscription.
- Basic LLC Formation Package ($0 + $102 State Fee): You will be able to file the articles of organization to create an LLC with this package.
- Standard LLC Formation Package ($199 + $102 State Fee): This plan includes everything included in the basic package. It also includes a Federal Tax ID (EIN) and the majority of the documentation required to establish your business.
- Premium LLC Formation Package ($299 + $102 State Fee): This bundle includes all basic and standard services as well as some extras such as a free domain and corporate website hosting. For authorized articles, there is also a personalized digital corporate kit and a FedEx tracking number.
- They can file promptly
- User-friendly registered agent website
- Reliable customer service
- They don't offer a free year of registered agent service
- Slower customer support
7 - New Hampshire Registered Agent Service
New Hampshire Registered Agent takes their clients seriously.
We witnessed firsthand how diligently New Hampshire Registered Agent handled our company filings and provided registered agent services.
They consistently demonstrated a commitment to delivering good service. Plus, the price is quite reasonable.
When we needed to form a new LLC quickly and effortlessly, New Hampshire Registered Agent's service proved to be a good choice.
We believe their service is particularly suitable for those seeking one-time expert legal advice or assistance with specific filings.
On the other hand, we have to note that their range of services is a bit limited compared to some other providers.
Still, it is a minor drawback that didn't detract from the overall quality and efficiency of their registered agent services.
- Registered Agent Services ($35): This registered agent package includes email notifications, encrypted user accounts, etc.
- Cost-effective registered agent
- Offers a secure login system where you can permanently save incorporation documents
- No hidden costs
- Limited services
- Limited discounts
What Are the Benefits of Working With a Registered Agent Service in New Hampshire?
Here are the reasons why you should choose a competent New Hampshire registered agent service :
1. Ensure Compliance with the Secretary of State
Regulations can be arduous, and when you do operations in various locations, you must engage in multiple filings. In this case, the New Hampshire registered agents will take account of all these.
2. Promotes Confidentiality and Quick Business Processes
Keeping secrecy in legal proceedings is critical to your company's prosperity, so a New Hampshire registered agent can come in handy.
A New Hampshire registered agent service can take procedure delivery quickly and securely, allowing your firm's economic and accounting concerns to be resolved as soon as possible .
3. Reduces Business Risks
A New Hampshire registered agent service can be available when needed and alert you regarding notices and any other steps your company maintains, ensuring that your company rarely misses deadlines.
4. Keeps You Updated
New Hampshire registered agent service provides you with an online account so that you can stay up-to-date on every notification and statement.
5. Lets You Avoid Financial Penalties
A New Hampshire registered agent service can help your company maintain good standing with your home state and other areas, preventing penalty fees.
How Much Does a Registered Agent Service Cost in New Hampshire?
The choice for the best registered agent service ranges in price from $89 to $299. Several firms provide free registered agents as part of their LLC creation packages. Some provide these services as an addition.
If you are just starting out, we recommend looking for an included service in the LLC creation otherwise it could drastically increase the cost of your New Hampshire LLC.
What Are the Requirements for a New Hampshire Registered Agent?
Regardless of whether your business entity is a limited liability company (LLC) or a business, the city of New New Hampshire requires the following from registered agents, as per New Hampshire state code Title XXVIII Section 304-C:36:
- Registered agents must be residents or companies that offer New Hampshire registered agent services.
- Registered agents must keep a physical address in the jurisdiction, referred to as a "registered office."
- Registered agents must accept legal papers (service of process) throughout regular business hours.
If you want to change your registered agent for whatever reason, you can learn more about it in our article on how to change a registered agent in New Hampshire.
Who Can Be a Registered Agent in New Hampshire?
Any operator or worker of a company can be a registered agent in New Hampshire if they are of legal age and have a New Hampshire registered agent physical address.
Do I Need My Own Registered Agent for My LLC in NH?
Yes, you need your own registered agent for your limited liability company in NH. A New Hampshire registered agent is mandated by law for all commercial enterprises, particularly a New Hampshire business and LLC.
BEST Registered Agent Service in New Hampshire Is…
The role of a New Hampshire registered agent service is essential in maintaining your business's legal compliance and preserving its good standing within the state.
We researched ar New Hampshire registered agent services and narrowed the list to the top 7. Among the 7, we found that Northwest Registered Agent is the best service we can recommend.
We tested them, and they proved capable of providing all the resources we needed to get our business up and running quickly and efficiently.
Thanks to their streamlined packages and services, Northwest Registered Agent can offer whatever you need to start and sustain your business effortlessly.