Determining the best Alabama LLC provider for your startup will be based on your business type and other legal services you may want for your Alabama LLC. But searching for the best service can be challenging.
So we have gone through extensive research and consulted our legal advisers and attorneys on the top-rated LLC service in Alabama, and we are confident that we have found one that suits you.
We've listed the leading LLC services in Alabama and determined what makes them the top choice, their benefits, drawbacks, and other legal services they feature. So, let's have a look.
Top 7 Best LLC Services in Alabama (January 2023)
1 - ZenBusiness (Editor's Choice)
For any firm or startup in Alabama, ZenBusiness offers a premium LLC service and cost-effective business formation solutions.
Despite being founded just in 2015, this LLC creation service provider has created over 300,000 LLCs across the country and has a 4.8/5 rating based on 4,400 online client evaluations.
The company offers a variety of packages, from the most basic ones, catering to small businesses, to those aimed at larger companies.
The most comprehensive LLC creation package we had the chance to test directly is ZenBusiness's, which offers three levels of package options.
- Starter Formation Package ($0) Includes Free CPA assessment, LLC formation, one-year service, and a free operating agreement template.
- Pro package ($199): includes two yearly modifications, EIN application, VIP clearance, and preparation of yearly report submissions. Charged yearly.
- Premium package ($299): incorporates domain secrecy, corporate domain, webpage email address, and speedy filing.
- Registered Agent Services ($199): Your own registered agent service with ZenBusiness will cost you $199 per year. You will have to pay the first annual fee at the time of registration.
- They provide a selection of formation options
- They offer reasonable LLC formation packages
- Worry-free compliance guarantee
- They expedite the formation of business
- Excellent online customer reviews
- Weak brand familiarity
2 - Northwest Registered Agent
Since 1998, Northwest Registered Agent has been offering LLC formation services. Since then, the company has established a solid reputation for providing industry-leading client care at competitive prices.
Your beginning expenditures will be kept to a minimum with Northwest Registered Agent's LLC services, which have a starting price of $125 and come with a free year of registered agent service.
They also proved to be very responsive to any questions or assistance that we needed. Their highly trained customer support team assisted us through each stage of the formation process, and we received the value for the money.
- LLC Formation ($39): Includes all the paperwork needed to create an LLC in Alabama, such as name checks, registrations, and filings for all the necessary formation documents. Additionally, a free registered agent is provided for a year.
- Registered Agent Services ($125): Your first year of services will be completely free, after which you will be billed $125 per year.
- Well-versed in their 20 years of expertise
- Privacy protection guarantee
- No Hidden charges
- Includes one year of service
- They are costly
3 - IncFile
IncFile is one of the very few Alabama LLC formation services that doesn't charge business owners or entrepreneurs for their business formation services. Their entry-level bundle is reasonable at $0 + state charge.
They provided us with limitless phone and email assistance and a real-time order-tracking feature until we had our final documents.
Online storage for your formation papers and a customized dashboard that records essential dates and compliance alerts are among the capabilities offered by Incfile. These will assist you in staying entirely up to date on future state regulations.
- Free Silver Package ($236): Includes Alabama LLC creation, one year of free service, and lifelong corporate compliance notifications. You are only paying state fees.
- Incfile Gold ($435): Includes the creation of the operating agreement, banking settlements, and EIN filing.
- Platinum Package ($535): Provides a free company website and domain name, sample company contracts, and accelerated filing on a priority basis.
- Registered Agent Service ($119): The service is free for the first year and renews subsequently.
- Low-cost LLC formation service
- Includes a year of free service.
- They helped over 550,000 enterprises
- Good phone and email assistance
- Has lots of upsells and outsourced contracts
4 - LegalZoom
If you're looking for a one-stop online shop for legal LLC services, LegalZoom is your best choice.
Since its foundation in 2011, this Alabama-based company has a stellar track record of helping more than 4 million individuals and organizations in various ways, half of which entail the establishment of LLCs.
However, since LegalZoom has been in operation for many years and has established a robust brand identity, LegalZoom's LLC formation package prices range much higher than those offered by some of the other companies on this list.
Although inexpensive, their entry-level bundle does not have as many features as ZenBusiness and IncFile.
- LLC formation Economy Package ($79): Has essential LLC filing services. This amount excludes the state filing fee.
- Basic Economy Package: ($329): Includes a search for business names, a 30-minute tax-savings counseling, and a Peace of Mind ReviewTM compliance check.
- Standard Package ($349). Adds luxury planner and official documents and seal.
- Express Gold Package: ($349): Comes with VIP processing and faster delivery.
- Registered Agent Services ($299): Billed annually, this package contains all the relevant registered agent services, such as mail forwarding, alerts, etc.
- Reputable Alabama LLC creation services brand
- Extended hours for client service
- Full-service legal representation
- There aren't many features included in LLC creation kits.
- Many attempt to upsell you expensive add-on services.
5 - Swyft Filings
Swyft Filings is a relatively new company in the business formation industry, but despite that and the heavy competition, it has already carved out a significant market share. Launched in 2012, Swyft Filings have helped thousands of entrepreneurs form their LLC business.
Their basic package starts at $49 and includes all of the LLC services required to create an LLC in Alabama.
It also has additional features such as an online portal to view your important LLC formation documents, 30-minutes of free tax consultation with their in-house CPAs, and a registered domain name for your Alabama LLC.
But, similar to LegalZoom, Swyft Filings LLC packages do not include Alabama registered agent services.
- Basic LLC Formation Package ($49): Drafting and filing of Articles of Formation, Business name search, Lifetime customer support, 1-hour business tax consultation, ComplianceGuard company alerts, and One-year free domain name.
- Standard LLC Formation Package ($149): Adds Federal Tax ID Number (EIN), Draft LLC Operating Agreement, Banking Resolution, and Organizational Minutes.
- Premium LLC Formation Package ($299): Adds Digital corporate kit and business website and 3 months of hosting.
- Registered Agent Services ($149): The service is billed annually and includes the full scope of Registered Agent Services.
- Free 1-hour business tax consultation
- Has 100% money-back guarantee
- Positive customer reviews
- No registered agent included on any package
6 - Harbor Compliance
Harbor Compliance is a well-known company that provides Alabama LLC formation services and other services like a registered agent. Harbor compliance was founded in 2012 and has helped many businesses until now.
They have high ratings online and positive reviews from their clients.
Harbor Compliance is staffed with knowledgeable professionals, so you can be assured that they’re familiar with the processes and knowledgeable enough to walk you through establishing your business.
The process of acquiring an LLC formation service from Harbor Compliance is relatively easy and straightforward. You can have to fill up an online form or online application from their website or call their service representative.
You must also provide basic information about your future company, such as its name and industry.
- The Basic Formation Package ($399): Includes a draft of files of incorporation, an operating agreement, an EIN, help you file an initial report, and a free 1 year of registered agent service.
- The Compliance Package ($799): Includes all of the features in the basic formation packages as well as publish notices and will manage your annual report obligation.
- Registered Agent Service ($99): includes a registered agent service, of course, a document delivery within 24 hours, expert assistance that is very trustworthy, alerts that are customizable for annual reports, and free document scanning.
- The procedure of registered agents, as well as other services, is fast
- Quick turnaround time
- They are honest with the fees and have no hidden costs
- Provides no legal advice
- They don't have strong brand awareness or credibility.
7 - MyCompanyWorks
If you fancy same-day filing, MyCompanyWorks, Inc. works best for you.
It is a mid-sized online business formation service with a proven track record and has helped form over 60,000 businesses. MyCompanyWorks is also ideal for business owners who want to form multiple LLCs.
The setup wizard is a significant component of the brand. It is a dashboard that walks you through the online LLC formation services and the processes in the LLC formation process.
Regarding customer service, MyCompanyWorks has over 3,500 online reviews with an average rating of 4.5/5.
- Basic Formation Package ($59): Preparation and filing of Articles of Organization, Business name search, LLC Operating Agreement Draft, Organizational minutes, Phone & email customer support, and Company alerts.
- Entrepreneur Formation Package ($170): Adds 1 year of Registered Agent Service, Registration of Federal Tax ID Number (EIN), and MyCompanyForms business forms.
- Complete Formation Package ($259): Adds MyCompanyWorks Premium feature, which includes annual report service with due date tracking, initial report service, business monitoring, compliance alerts, and more.
- Same day filling
- Great customer support
- Many positive customer reviews
- Only the most expensive package includes registered agent services
- Higher-end of the pricing spectrum
Our Selection Process
Since many companies offer the same services in the industry, it’s hard to find the best LLC service for your company.
That’s why we spent thousands of hours researching every corner of the internet to list the best LLC formation services around. The following are the criteria we used to compare the LLC services of each company.
- Service features and quality: This is the most important thing to consider when choosing an LLC service. No matter how expensive it is, as long as it is worth the price and will provide you with the best quality service as well as complete service features included in a package, it will surely be worth it.
- Price: Although the service quality is the most important, the price is also worth considering, especially if you’re starting out. We want to provide you with the best services at the lowest possible price, so we choose the services that are a real deal.
- Expertise: By seeing how long they’ve been in business and how many satisfied clients they worked with, you can identify the company’s expertise in this field. Making sure of their expertise is important so that you can be assured that the LLC service you are working with is familiar with the processes.
- Online customer reviews: We always want to know the personal experience of people who have previously worked with a specific company to examine their satisfaction with the service and overall customer experience.
- Availability of additional services: Some LLC formation services do not include additional services, such as a free registered agent service in Alabama, while others do.
Advantages of Creating an LLC in Alabama
After assessing service providers, the advantages of forming an LLC in Alabama depend on the sort of business you have. Read more about it below.
1. Personal Liability Protection
You can insulate yourself from personal creditors by incorporating an LLC as a business organization. This implies that a member of an LLC cannot be sued for their personal belongings, including their house, car, or bank accounts.
In Alabama, a limited liability corporation provides small businesses with benefits beyond defense against debt collectors. Additionally, LLCs shield their owners and members from possible personal liabilities that they may incur or that another LLC member or owner may suffer.
2. Pass-Through Taxation
If you form an LLC in Alabama, you have the edge over forming a corporation, especially when it comes to taxes. LLCs benefit from pass-through taxation, which means your taxes are passed through the business and are paid directly to you as personal income taxes .
As a result, unlike many large corporations, your Alabama-based LLC will not be required to pay both corporate and personal taxes. With an Alabama LLC, small business owners get to simplify managing and minimizing their taxes.
3. Less Complexity in Formation and Operation
You can think about creating an LLC if handling documentation and official papers daily are not for you. In comparison to a company, its establishment and operation are simpler.
The Alabama Secretary of State must receive the articles of incorporation for an Alabama LLC to be formed. An LLC is not obliged to have general meetings or maintain thorough minutes, unlike a corporation.
4. Flexibility in Raising Capital
An Alabama LLC may find it simpler to acquire money than a business set up as a sole proprietorship or partnership agreement. You can add additional members to your LLC in Alabama without granting them full management authority .
Alabama LLC Formation Process
Follow these five easy steps to form an LLC in Alabama:
- Step 1: Assign a name to your Alabama LLC
- Step 2: Find a professional Registered Agent
- Step 3: Submit your creation certificate to the Alabama secretary of state
- Step 4: Create an operating agreement for the LLC
- Step 5: File for an EIN
For more detailed information on how to start an LLC in Alabama, read our free guide here.
Qualities to Look For in an Alabama LLC Service
There are a few factors to take into account while selecting the finest Alabama LLC creation service. Some of the top LLC services to look for are the ones listed below:
- Competitive package prices: Take into account a reasonably priced bundle with all the resources needed to launch your own enterprise.
- Usability: The procedure for establishing a firm should be straightforward. A website interface that is simple to use is a bonus for an LLC formation service since it improves the online experience.
- Customer support: Rapid response LLC creation services are the best for a smooth experience.
- Proven record: There are reviews from customers for a reason. Verify the firm's stellar performance history and client testimonials. These items are simple to find online.
How Long Does It To Create My Alabama LLC ?
It takes about 1 week to create your Alabama LLC using the mail filling. The turnaround time for the approval of your LLC formation in Alabama will depend on the filing method or filing service you choose. Online filing with the Alabama Secretary of State is approved immediately.
How Much Does It Cost to Form an LLC in Alabama ?
It costs $200 to form an LLC in Alabama. This filing fee for the Articles of Formation is due to the Alabama Secretary of State. Meanwhile, there is also a separate Probate Court filing fee of at least $50 that you must pay.
Do I Require an LLC Service For My Alabama Business?
Yes, you require an LLC service for your Alabama business if you don't want to deal with all of the paperwork that comes with the LLC formation process. The Secretary of State does not require hiring LLC services for your business formation, so you can actually do the process on your own.
Must I Hire a Registered Agent in Alabama?
Yes, you must hire a registered agent in Alabama who will be responsible for receiving and handling legal documents, government correspondence, and more on behalf of your Alabama LLC. By hiring an Alabama registered agent service for your LLC, you can avoid late fees and maintain good standing with the state.
How Many Medium Startups Are There in Alabama Today?
There are 323,891 medium startups in Alabama today. By the most recent federal report, 84,277 are Alabama businesses with employees, while the remaining 239,614 are Alabama businesses with no employees.
How to Choose the Best LLC Service in Alabama for You...
Despite the fact that there are several Alabama LLC creation services available, we suggest hiring ZenBussines.
With affordable charges, they made it simpler for our business to get started without worrying too much about the registration procedure itself. Additionally, they offer discount rates on other legal services.
In addition to offering a comprehensive service, ZenBusiness LLC includes two yearly modifications, an EIN application, VIP clearance, and preparation of yearly report submissions. Overall, ZenBusiness is the ideal option for new business owners and will make the establishment of your Alabama LLC simple and cost-effective.