So you've decided to form an LLC as a business entity in Alabama and are looking to hire an LLC formation service provider to handle the legwork for you.
Well, first, determining the best Alabama LLC service for your business will depend on some factors, including what you need, the type of business you have, and other legal services you may want for your Alabama LLC.
To help you with this, we've listed the leading LLC services in Alabama and discussed what makes them the top choice, their benefits, drawbacks, and other legal services they feature.
Top 6 Best LLC Services in Alabama (September 2022)
1 - ZenBusiness (Editor's Choice)
ZenBusiness features a high-quality LLC service and affordable business formation packages that are perfect for any Alabama business and entrepreneur.
Although established only in 2015, this LLC formation service company has already formed over 300,000 LLCs nationwide and has a 4.7/5 rating based on 4,500 online customer reviews.
Providing three LLC formation package tiers, ZenBusiness has the most well-rounded LLC formation package available today.
Their most basic package starts at $39, which includes a one-year Alabama registered agent service and a free operating agreement template.
- Starter Formation Package: Includes Free CPA assessment, LLC formation, one-year registered agent service, and a free operating agreement template.
- Pro package: Includes EIN registration, VIP processing, handling of annual report filings, and two yearly amendments.
- Premium package: Includes rush filing, business domain name, website email address, and domain privacy.
- Registered Agent Services: All three of its LLC formation packages include a full year of free registered agent service. The service then renews annually for $119 or $99 a la carte.
- Features cost-effective LLC formation packages
- Responsive and personalized customer service
- Outstanding customer feedback online
- Includes one year of registered agent service
- Requires paying an additional $70 to get an EIN for basic packages
2 - Northwest Registered Agent
Providing LLC formation services since 1998, Northwest Registered Agent has already made a name for itself for having top-notch customer support in the industry and an affordable LLC formation package.
Northwest Registered Agent's LLC formation pricing starts at $39 and includes a free year of registered agent service, keeping your initial costs low.
Plus, their highly trained customer support team can assist you through each stage of the formation process.
You may also contact them at any moment if you have any questions or require assistance.
- Base Formation Package: Includes all paperwork required for the LLC formation process in Alabama, such as name searches, registration, and filing of all formation documents. Plus, the 1-year free registered agent is included.
- Deluxe Package: Includes services from the base package plus access to an Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- Registered Agent Services: Includes a free year of registered agent service. The service then renews annually for $125.
- Outstanding customer service
- Includes one year of registered agent service
- Has a mail forwarding service
- Over 20 years of experience in the industry
- Limited features in their packages
3 - IncFile
IncFile is one of the very few Alabama LLC formation services that doesn't charge business owners or entrepreneurs for their business formation services.
Yes, you read that right. The only other fees you have to pay are Alabama state fees, address fees, and certification fees, and you're done–everything else will be handled by IncFile!
Meanwhile, their customer service department is also plausible with its rapid response time. This is corroborated by over 10,000 customer reviews, nearly all of which have perfect five-star ratings.
The only drawback we see with IncFile is its third-party offers and few upsells. Nonetheless, it's still a good LLC formation service if you don't mind such promotional partnerships and upsells.
- Free Silver Package: Includes Alabama LLC formation, one year of free registered agent service, and lifetime company compliance alerts.
- Incfile Gold: Includes preparation of operating agreement, banking resolution, and EIN registration.
- Platinum Package: Adds free business website and domain name, business contract templates, and priority expedited filing.
- Registered Agent Services: Includes a free year of registered agent service. The service then renews annually for $119.
- Has free LLC service
- Ideal for a low-budget startup
- Includes one year of free registered agent service
- Over 98% of positive customer reviews online
- Has a few upsells and third-party offers
- Requires paying an extra fee to get an EIN registration
4 - LegalZoom
If you're looking for a one-stop online shop for legal services, LegalZoom is your best choice.
This Alabama LLC formation service provider has an outstanding track record for assisting over 4 million people and businesses in various ways since its founding in 2011, half of which involve the formation of LLCs.
However, since LegalZoom has been in business for a long time and has developed a strong brand identity, LegalZoom's LLC formation package prices range much higher than those offered by some of the other companies on this list.
Their entry-level package is reasonable but not as feature-rich as ZenBusiness and IncFile. Nonetheless, they aren't the strongest brand in the LLC formation service industry for nothing.
- LLC formation Economy Package: Price starts at $79 + Alabama state fee. Includes basic LLC filing services.
- Basic Economy Package: Price starts at $329 + Alabama state fee. Adds business name search, Peace of Mind Review™ compliance check, and 30-minute tax savings consultation.
- Standard Package: Price starts at $349 + Alabama state fee. Adds deluxe organizer and official certificates and seal.
- Express Gold Package: Price starts at $349 + Alabama state fee. Adds express shipping and VIP processing.
- Business Advisory Plan: Offers tax advice, attorney help, and access to legal forms.
- Registered Agent Services: Costs $159 in the first year if added to a formation package. The service then renews annually for $249.
- Established brand in LLC formation services
- Extended customer support hours
- Extensive legal services for your Alabama LLC
- High client volume
- LLC formation packages don't include a lot of features
- No registered agent included
- Many upsell to high-priced add-on services
5 - Swyft Filings
Swyft Filings is a relatively new company in the business formation industry, but despite that and the heavy competition, it has already carved out a significant market share. Launched in 2012, Swyft Filings have helped thousands of entrepreneurs form their LLC business.
Their basic package starts at $49 and includes all of the services required to create an LLC in Alabama.
It also has additional features such as an online portal to view your important LLC formation documents, 30-minutes of free tax consultation with their in-house CPAs, and a registered domain name for your Alabama LLC.
But, similar to LegalZoom, Swyft Filings LLC packages do not include Alabama registered agent services.
- Basic LLC Formation Package: Preparation and filing of Articles of Formation, Business name search, Lifetime customer support, 1-hour business tax consultation, ComplianceGuard company alerts, and One-year free domain name.
- Standard LLC Formation Package: Adds Federal Tax ID Number (EIN), Draft LLC Operating Agreement, Banking Resolution, and Organizational Minutes.
- Premium LLC Formation Package: Adds Digital corporate kit and business website and 3 months of hosting.
- Registered Agent Services: Costs $149 per year.
- Free 1-hour business tax consultation
- Has 100% money-back guarantee
- Positive customer reviews
- Payment by installment is allowed
- No registered agent included on any package
6 - MyCompanyWorks
If you fancy same-day filing, MyCompanyWorks, Inc. works best for you.
It is a mid-sized online business formation service with a proven track record and has helped form over 60,000 businesses. MyCompanyWorks is also ideal for business owners who want to form multiple LLCs.
The setup wizard is a significant component of the brand. It is a dashboard that walks you through the online LLC services and the processes in the LLC formation process.
Regarding customer service, MyCompanyWorks has over 3,500 online reviews with an average rating of 4.5/5.
- Basic Formation Package: Preparation and filing of Articles of Organization, Business name search, LLC Operating Agreement Draft, Organizational minutes, Phone & email customer support, and Company alerts.
- Entrepreneur Formation Package: Adds 1 year of Registered Agent Service, Registration of Federal Tax ID Number (EIN), and MyCompanyForms business forms.
- Complete Formation Package: Adds MyCompanyWorks Premium feature, which includes annual report service with due date tracking, initial report service, business entity monitoring, compliance alerts, and more.
- Same day filling
- Great customer support
- Many positive customer reviews
- Only the most expensive package includes registered agent services
- Higher-end of the pricing spectrum
Advantages of Creating an LLC in Alabama
The benefits of establishing an LLC in Alabama vary depending on your business type. This type of business entity provides the personal liability protection of a corporation as well as the tax flexibility of a sole proprietorship. Read more about it below.
1. Personal Liability Protection
Incorporating LLC as a business entity can keep you protected from personal creditors. This means that a business creditor cannot pursue an LLC member's personal assets, such as their home, vehicle, or bank accounts.
A limited liability company in Alabama offers small businesses more than protection from debt collectors. In addition, LLCs protect the owners and members against potential personal liability incurred or incurred by other LLC members or owners.
2. Pass-Through Taxation
If you form an LLC in Alabama, you have the edge over forming a corporation, especially when it comes to taxes. LLCs benefit from pass-through taxation, which means your taxes are passed through the business and are paid directly to you as personal income taxes.
As a result, unlike many large corporations, your Alabama-based LLC will not be required to pay both corporate and personal taxes. With an Alabama LLC, small business owners get to simplify managing and minimizing their taxes.
3. Less Complexity in Formation and Operation
If you feel that regularly dealing with legal documents and paperwork is not for you, you may consider forming an LLC. Its formation process and operation are far more straightforward than that of a corporation.
An Alabama LLC formation only requires the filing of articles of organization with the Alabama Secretary of State. Furthermore, unlike a corporation, an LLC is not required to have annual meetings or keep detailed minutes.
4. Flexibility in Raising Capital
It may be easier for an Alabama LLC to raise capital than if it was structured as a sole proprietorship or general partnership. As an LLC in Alabama, you can add new members without giving them a complete say in management.
Unlike a sole proprietorship or general partnership, you cannot accept investments without becoming partners.
Alabama LLC Formation Process
If you're wondering if the Alabama Secretary of State requires business owners and entrepreneurs to employ an LLC formation service to form an LLC on their behalf, the answer is no.
So, technically, you can complete the LLC formation process on your own, saving you hundreds of dollars.
Follow these five easy steps to form an LLC in Alabama:
- Step 1: Come up with a Name for Your Alabama LLC
- Step 2: Get an Alabama Registered Agent
- Step 3: Submit the Alabama Certificate of Formation
- Step 4: Formulate an Alabama LLC Operating Agreement
- Step 5: Receive an Employer Identification Number (EIN)
For more detailed information on how to start an LLC in Alabama, read our free guide here.
Qualities to Look For in an Alabama LLC Service
When deciding on the best Alabama LLC formation service, there are a few variables to consider. The following are some of the best LLC services to search for:
- Competitive pricing of packages: Consider a reasonably priced bundle that includes all the tools to establish your own business.
- Ease of use: The order process of forming a business should be simple. An LLC formation service with an easy-to-use internet interface is also a plus as it gives a better online experience.
- Customer support: For a hassle-free and worry-free experience, LLC formation services with a quick response time are the ideal option.
- Proven track record: Customer reviews are there for a reason. Check if the firm has an excellent track record and client reviews. These things are easily found online.
How Long Does It Take To Form My LLC in Alabama?
It takes about 1 week to form your LLC in Alabama using the mail filling. The turnaround time for the approval of your LLC formation in Alabama will depend on the filing method or filing service you choose. Online filing with the Alabama Secretary of State is approved immediately.
How Much Does It Cost to Create an Alabama LLC?
It costs $200 to create an Alabama LLC. This filing fee for the Articles of Formation is due to the Alabama Secretary of State. Meanwhile, there is also a separate Probate Court filing fee of at least $50 that you must pay.
Do I Need an LLC Service in Alabama?
Yes, you need an LLC service in Alabama if you don't want to deal with all of the paperwork that comes with the LLC formation process. The Secretary of State does not require hiring LLC services for your business formation, so you can actually do the process on your own.
Do I Need to Hire a Registered Agent in Alabama?
Yes, you need to hire a registered agent in Alabama who will be responsible for receiving and handling legal documents, government correspondence, and more on behalf of your Alabama LLC. By hiring an Alabama registered agent service for your LLC, you can avoid late fees and maintain good standing with the state.
How Many Small Businesses Are There in Alabama Today?
There are 323,891 small businesses in Alabama today. By the most recent federal report, 84,277 are Alabama businesses with employees, while the remaining 239,614 are Alabama businesses with no employees.
How to Choose the Best LLC Service in Alabama for You...
Though there are numerous Alabama LLC formation services that may help you form an LLC, we recommend choosing ZenBussines.
They will make it easier for business owners to get started without worrying too much about the registration process itself, with reasonable costs. Plus, they provide discounts available for other legal services.
ZenBusiness LLC service also provides a well-rounded service, making it the perfect choice for first-time entrepreneurs. Don't wait any longer because ZenBusiness will make your Alabama LLC formation easy and pennyworth.