A South Carolina registered agent service must be chosen carefully if you run an LLC or company in South Carolina so that the state may send documents to you.
However, with so many registered agent services available, it can be difficult to determine which one is the best registered agent service and most appropriate for your company.
That is why we have spent hours researching the best registered agent services candidates for you and listed some of the top recommendations.
Now, let's find out more about the best registered agent in South Carolina!
Top 7 Registered Agents in South Carolina (November 2022)
1 - Northwest Registered Agent Service (Editor's Choice)
Northwest registered agent is a dependable, trustworthy specialized firm and professional South Carolina registered agent service that will assist guarantee your LLC formation or incorporation is completed swiftly and expertly.
It has an easy-to-use internet interface and outstanding customer service.
Customers are ensured one-day LLC registrations, great confidentiality, and the advantage of dealing with a business entity with a wealth of relevant knowledge.
The section below gives the general public current price details concerning agent services.
- South Carolina registered agent services - Free for the first year, then $125 per year.
- Alerts for annual reports: your registered agent will contact you by email, reminding you when your annual reports are ready.
- LLC Formation Service ($39/year) - Corporate manuals and agent services at a premium. To gain access to critical business papers, they will give you the option to create an online account, 60 days of free phone service, address for a business entity, forwarding of mail, and privacy by structure
- Securely protects your data
- Outstanding customer service
- Well-versed in the field of formation service for 20+ years
- No unstated costs
- Offers a free one-year agent service in their formation packages
- Not the most affordable choice
Although we've pointed out its outstanding customer care as its most compelling selling pitch, there are other benefits.
With a one-time cost for a whole year, round-the-clock assistance, and deep knowledge of you and your company, the service you receive at this cost range is noteworthy.Click For Best Price
2 - ZenBusiness
Despite being a young firm, ZenBusiness, which specializes in business creation services, is outpacing its rivals with affordable plans and superior customer support making it one of the best-registered agent services in South Carolina.
ZenBusiness simplifies and lowers the cost of simple court filings for entrepreneurs.
You may draft and submit your business formation paperwork with ZenBusiness, eliminating the need to hire attorneys or other potentially pricey specialists to perform the tasks for your business.
Each of the three options for starting a limited liability business (LLC) in South Carolina or a corporation includes a yearly report service, ensuring that you won't miss any reporting deadlines.
- ZenBusiness standard package ($99/Year) Includes: Articles of incorporation, telephone and email customer service, access to crucial LLC papers and paperwork, one year of your commercial registered agent service, a free operating contract, and a worry-free CPA evaluation.
- Complete Zenbusiness registered agent ($149/Year) Includes: Zenbusiness pro provides all of the LLC services included in the starter version, as well as some extra business creation, features such as employer identification number (EIN), worry-free compliance guarantee, template for banking resolution, registration of a domain name, and expedite filing speed.
- Prices are straightforward and affordable
- Chat support availability are extended
- Positive feedback from customers
- Money-back for 60 days if not satisfied
- Weak brand recognition compared to its rivals
ZenBusiness is one of the most effective South Carolina registered agents for any company. Despite the fact that there is no free plan, there is a pricing range that will suit practically every budget.
There are several add-on services from which to create a strategy that addresses your requirements. ZenBusiness commercial registered agent is an excellent choice if you want to create an LLC cost-effectively and simply.Click For Best Price
3 - IncFile
The main selling point of the Incfile registered agent is its free business creation service, which also comes with a year of registered agent service.
Since its establishment in 2004, Incfile LLC has helped over 250,000 entrepreneurs accomplish their creative ideas.
Registered Agent Services ($119/year):
- Obtain court papers and IRS mail communications on your company's behalf
- Serve as a physical presence in your jurisdiction and will include a registered agent's address
- Allowing the state legislature to notify you of the required annual report forms, notifications of litigation, franchise tax forms, and tax and legal communications
LLC Formation Services:
- Gold LLC starter Kit (Professional binder, metal die-cast corporate embossing seal, and contract library ), employee identification number (EIN), operating agreement, banking resolution, IRS form 2553 preparation and filing, expedited shipping, personalized web Page and domain, FedEx 2-3 day delivery - quick shipping for LLC formation paperwork as well as other legal documents, and a platinum LLC Kit are all included (Similar to the gold LLC Kit, plus the die-cast corporate embossing seal).
- Very Helpful and convenient online dashboard
- Free registered agent in all formation packages
- Rapid order processing
- There are no hidden fees or service renewals
- Limited services offer
If you have a small budget, Incfile is an excellent choice. Their most basic option (Silver), which is free, is an outstanding value.
The significant growth in their customer service demonstrates their dedication to offering their consumers a convenient approach to establishing a firm. Still, if you demand more high-quality service, this is not for you.Click For Best Price
4 - LegalZoom Registered Agent Service
It is best renowned for being an all-inclusive company for all of your relevant legislation, whether they are professional, corporate, or interpersonal.
Although it is not the lowest choice on the market, LegalZoom registered agents provide clients with demonstrated dependability, product variety, and excellent customer service.
Registered agent services ($299/year) include:
- Crucial mail warnings
- Emails regarding critical financial and legal documents
- Yearly report deadlines
- $1 million in identity theft protection
- Monitoring services
- LegalZoom registered agent service provides a money-back guarantee within 60 days of purchase
- A well-known business entity with many client reviews to assist you in reaching a choice
- Contains one trademark license each month as part of your membership
- Their client feedbacks are erratic
LegalZoom may be a good alternative for forming an LLC if you want to deal with a well-known company. Furthermore, the organization provides excellent legal paperwork, which may be quite beneficial to a businessman who may want legal assistance along the route.
Unfortunately, their business formation plans are pricey and lack many services.Click For Best Price
5 - Swyft Filings Registered Agent Service
Swyft Filings is a legal internet service that will assist you directly and immediately incorporate your small company organization and submit the necessary paperwork with state authorities.
Swyft Filings is prepared to assist you in getting your business back on track and also keeping it operating smoothly and successfully for years ahead. Personal customer assistance is intended to save money and effort.
Registered Agent Services ($149) includes:
- Online dashboard - Where you can examine official papers once uploaded
- Secure and safe - They keep your business in compliance with state regulations
- Compliance assurance - They securely store all crucial mail for internet access 24 hours a day
- Guards your privacy - The registered agent physical address is publicly available and is where you'll be served if you are ever charged.
- Automatic renewals - They'll take care of the renewal for you, so you wouldn't have to bother about keeping up with your registered agent
- Affordable services
- Excellent customer feedback
- Quick turnaround
- A straightforward interface
- No free services
- The registration form method is quite difficult
- Upselling is frequent
Swyft Filings registered agent must be considered if the mix of affordable rates, rapid response, and a complete money-back guarantee perfectly encapsulates all the things you've been searching for in an LLC service.
Plus, several Swyft Filings reviews indicate that this supplier has one of the greatest customer care teams in the business sector.
Unfortunately, they do not include a free registered agent service, despite most of its rivals offering it for free.Click For Best Price
6 - Harbor Compliance
Harbor Compliance registered agent was founded in 2012 by a group of governmental licensing specialists and technological pioneers.
They combine the majority of its solutions into a single software package for easy administration.
It is the heart of their professional registered agent service solution and allows you to conveniently monitor your certificates and licensing.
- Registered Agent Service ($99/year): Same-day document shipping, free document scanning, personalized customer support, user-friendly software, configurable notifications, annual report alerts, and professional support are all provided by the registered agent.
- Package for Formation: Checking availability of names, articles of incorporation, operating agreement form, EIN federal, and a year of registered agent services.
- Package of Compliance: Includes everything above, along with controlled yearly reporting service, initial report, publishing, s corp vs. c corp taxation, continuous support, business kit, and seal.
- Excellent customer feedback
- Powerful software with features
- Their service fees are higher than the industry norm.
- Does not have the same level of brand authority as other known services.
- Fewer solutions are included in the formation bundle.
Their great customer service easily compensates the purchase amount. Conversely, there are several compliance services firms that provide comparable services at a low cost. In this sense, Harbor Compliance provides good value for money, although the pricing is a little expensive.Click For Best Price
7 - RocketLawyer
Rocket Lawyer registered agent provides a remarkable range of legal papers and legal assistance that span many facets of everyday life, so they are quite certain also to have what you need.
Producing legal paperwork online in a short amount of time has never been easier.
- Business compliance - As a business owner, you will undoubtedly be extremely busy, and it may become difficult to keep up with all the deadlines and paperwork that must be met. You won't have to worry about it if you use a registered agent because they will send you reminders to ensure compliance and avoid state penalties.
- Official point of contact - You wouldn't want anyone contacting you for nonsense or someone spamming your email, would you? When you have a registered agent, you won't have to worry about that because they will be the point of contact. All emails and phone calls will be routed to them so that they can filter them before forwarding them to you.
- Fast email notification - All important emails will be forwarded to you swiftly so you wouldn't miss any important notifications.
- Organization - A registered agent will help you become organized.
- Seven-day free trial of their premium account
- Their staff consists of professional attorneys that specialize in a wide range of legal issues.
- Their website is easy to use
- When compared to its competition, Rocket Lawyer is relatively pricey.
- To view your document, you must input your credit card information
- Some legal statements are hard to decipher.
Rocket Lawyer registered agent stands out for making a wide variety of legal services available to a larger number of individuals online.
Although it is more costly than other choices, Rocket Lawyer's expert service is admirable, and consumers would not be dissatisfied while using any of their offerings.Click For Best Price
What Are the Benefits of Working with a Registered Agent Service in South Carolina?
1. You Can Save Time
Complying with rules may take a significant amount of time and effort since it often requires filling out lengthy in normal business hours, but you don't have to worry about any of these if you hire a registered agent since a company's registered agent will take care of these.
2. Protects Your Privacy
When you use a South Carolina registered agent service, the location of the agency becomes part of the record. Using a competent registered agent provides you with greater confidentiality than if you served as your own registered agent.
You don't have to post your personal information, such as your physical address and phone number, in public where anyone can see it because the registered agent will be the point of contact for your business entity.
Using a South Carolina registered agent will help you stay in compliance, prevent exorbitant state charges, and keep your firm in good standing.
Most South Carolina registered agents offer a compliance calendar that will remind you of important deadlines and paperwork so that you won’t miss anything that may cause a penalty.
4. Reduced Spam Mail
When you utilize a South Carolina registered agent service provider, the quantity of unwanted mail received by your firm will be minimized.
As previously stated, a registered agent will be the point of contact (which will be available during normal business hours), so you won't have to worry about receiving spam emails because your contacts and emails will be kept private.
Messages and phone calls will also be filtered by the registered agent before being delivered to you.
5. Corporations in the Several States
If you establish your firm to do operations in states apart from your state of residence, you should have a registered agent in every one of those jurisdictions.
How Much Does a Registered Agent Service Cost in South Carolina?
A good South Carolina registered agent service will typically cost between $99 and $349 per year. Some agent services cost between $49 and $80 and are of moderate quality.
What Are the Requirements for a South Carolina Registered Agent?
As an individual or corporate organization, you need to meet the following requirements for becoming a South Carolina registered agent:
- Make sure the company you're managing includes your contact information on any incorporation or modification of registered agent documentation.
- Must be 18+
- Have a South Carolina street address.
- Across the year, the registered agent has to be accessible throughout normal business hours.
With all of these in mind, you can now become a South Carolina registered agent.
What Is the Primary Function of a South Carolina Registered Agent?
The primary function of a South Carolina registered agent is to serve as your company’s primary contact so you can keep your personal information from the public.
Do I Need a Registered Agent for My LLC in South Carolina?
Yes, you need a registered agent for your LLC in South Carolina. They are authorized to accept service of process and legal documents.
What Is the Difference Between a South Carolina Registered Agent and a Managing Member?
A South Carolina registered agent service receives legal files as an LLC or corp representative while managing members, taking part in operations and maintenance planning and cost strategic planning, and determining solutions and important tasks based on sequences and necessary resources to achieve the plan's goals.
Registered agent services are crucial to your company's compliance and legal status. They are used to handle any legal or tax paperwork to the advantage of the company, which is essential to the company.
We highly recommend hiring Northwest registered agent service. After carefully examining various LLC services, we have concluded that Northwest is the top registered agent service in South Carolina.
You can be confident that this company will assist you with your paperwork, taxes, and deadlines, and they are responsive enough to serve as your primary point of contact.