Forming an LLC in Arkansas is one of the best ways to reduce liability for your Arkansas business entity.
Additionally, it can guarantee that your business is in proper standing with the Arkansas state. However, because LLC formation processes are long, it's important to hire an authentic and reliable LLC service to do the heavy lifting for you.
To help you choose wisely, our legal team and I tested different top Arkansas LLC formation services and ranked these nine based on their service features, pricing, and turnaround time.
Let's take a look.
Top 9 LLC Services in Arkansas (February 2023)
1 - ZenBusiness (Editor's Choice)
ZenBusiness is your ideal choice for comprehensive Arkansas LLC creation services.
Its three LLC formation service package tiers offer a free year of statutory agent service. We were glad that their packages come with a free operating agreement template in their basic package.
Moreover, this LLC formation service is widely renowned for incorporating more than 300,000 LLCs since its establishment in 2015.
And it has earned them an outstanding average rate of 4.7/5 from 4,400 online customers. Not to mention, startup and small business owners can also get discounts from their legal services.
- Starter Formation Package ($49/year): This Arkansas LLC services package provides basic business formation services, including a free operating agreement template, one year of statutory agent service, forming your Limited Liability Company in Arkansas, and a free CPA examination.
- Pro Package ($199/year): This Arkansas LLC services package includes completing and filing your annual reports, registering for an EIN, and making changes every two years.
- Premium Package ($299/year): The Arkansas LLC services package offers names for your business domain, a webpage email address, domain privacy, and accelerated filing.
- Registered Agent Service or Statutory Agent Service ($199/year): This Arkansas LLC services package provides a free year of a registered or statutory agent in its three package tiers. However, you will be obligated to pay around $119 or $99 for the yearly subscription renewal in the subsequent years.
- Various formation and LLC services packages are available
- Each package is reasonably priced
- Compliance is worry-free
- Fast business formation and LLC services
- Positive feedback from customers
- Weak brand acknowledgement
2 - Northwest Registered Agent
We rank Northwest Registered Agent second-best because it has built a long-standing reputation with a decade-long experience.
Since its founding in 1998, it has delivered top-notch limited liability company services at a reasonable and budget-friendly price for small business owners across Arkansas.
Moreover, we laud the company for its excellent customer service. They were prompt to respond to our queries and walked us through every step patiently.
The company’s services initially cost $39, which already includes one year of free registered or statutory agent service. So we recommend this service if you're a little bit tight on budget as you get more for less pay.
- Base Formation Package ($39 plus state fee of $50): This allows you to register your LLC in Arkansas. Additionally, it includes all the necessary paperwork for your LLC in Arkansas, including name registration and filing of legal files, as well as free one-year registered agent service.
- Deluxe Package ($179/year): This business formation service feature includes the features from the lower bundle plus access to an EIN.
- Registered or Statutory Agent Services ($125/year): With this package, you will acquire a free year of statutory agent service. It then renews for $135 in the subsequent years.
- 20+years in the field of experience
- Has a privacy protection program
- No hidden charges
- Free registered agent service for one year
- A bit pricey compared to competitors
3 - IncFile
If you're looking for more reasonably priced Arkansas LLC formation services, we recommend IncFile.
After trying different services, IncFile is one of the companies that didn't charge us for their LLC service, and we only paid the state fees.
Over 10,000 customers have praised IncFile's customer service team for their prompt responses that have helped its clients flourish.
However, one thing we didn't particularly appreciate is the upsells and third-party offers that come with certain packages.
Nonetheless, it does not necessarily affect the company's reputation because they don't force any add-ons on you; you select the offers you want and pay extra for those.
- Free Silver Package ($0): This package enables you to create your LLC. A free one-year of statutory services and life-long business compliance alerts are also available in this one.
- IncFile Gold ($199): You can have your operating agreement created in this package. Besides that, it also includes banking resolution, and you can receive your EIN.
- Platinum Package ($344): With this package, you can get priority expedited filing, a free business website and domain registration, and business contract templates.
- Registered or Statutory Agent Service ($119): A free year of Arkansas registered agent service is available in this package. You will then renew its service annually for $199.
- Budget-friendly formation service
- Free registered agent for 12 months
- They helped 80,000 businesses
- Topnotch support available trough email and phone
- Intense upselling
4 - Rocket Lawyer
Rocket Lawyer is a San Francisco-based legal service that allows individuals to access a host of pre-formatted legal documents and other high-quality legal services.
They have been in the industry for almost 14 years (since 2008), so this company may be a great choice if you want legal advice from affordable attorneys.
We like that the company offers you a 7-day free trial period for you to check their premium services if you are unsure of their subscription. However, note that this trial only gives you partial access to most of their services.
- Registered Agent Services ($149.99/year for non-subscribers): Under this plan, you get your own registered agent who files compliance and receives legal papers on your behalf.
- Arkansas LLC Formation Services ($99.99 for non-subscribers): Here you get access to unpaid LLC creation, legal consultations, and different legal file templates.
- Affordable legal pre-formatted drafts
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Free attorney services for premium members
- Subscription is expensive if you don’t need legal forms
- Must avail membership just to access their free LLC
5 - Swyft Filings
One benefit of using Swyft Filings is that the company allows installment payments for your LLC formation package.
They also offer a 100% money-back guarantee, but this refund policy only applies when the company itself makes an error while completing your order.
We rank this service because all their packages for LLC services come with order tracking, access to your legal documents, lifetime customer service, and free shipping as well.
Also, the cost of forming an LLC is the same, but state fees vary depending on where you are.
- Arkansas Registered Agent Service ($149/quarter): Here, you get annual reports, document filing, and delivery.
- Arkansas LLC Formation Services (starts at $49): Under this LLC formation service, Swyft Filings will create an LLC for you, plus they will work you through the related steps during this process.
- Premium ($299): Premium includes a customized digital LLC kit, website and hosting, and express filing.
- Offers flexible payment method
- Personalized customer support
- Decent quick processing of orders
- Registered agent is not included in the formation packages
- More upsells
6 - MyCompanyWorks
MyCompanyWorks is the ideal service for startup businesses, as they offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and account setup is a breeze.
One of their best features we appreciate is a refund policy that makes it easy for you to take advantage of any time within 90 days if you are not satisfied with their service level.
The company offers three-tier LLC formation packages ranging from $59 to $279. This is a plus because you can select whichever package works for your budget.
- Arkansas Registered Agent Services ($99): Includes basic filing, their Startup Wizard compliance checklist, and a handbook on LLC operation with business tax consultation.
- Arkansas LLC Formation service ($59): Plus state filing fee of $45. This comes with all the basic services of starting an LLC in Arkansas but doesn't include the registered agent service.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Competitive basic package
- With excellent customer reviews online
- A registered agent doesn’t include in their basic package
- Limited customer support time
7 - Harbor Compliance
We recommend Harbor Compliance because, unlike any other rival, each Harbor Compliance client has a personalized customer representative with automated customer care support. That’s one of the distinctive sides of this company.
However, if you're looking for extra legal counsel services, Harbor Compliance might not be a great fit because they only help you form an LLC or corporation, but they do not provide legal services.
Another downside of this service is that they don't include registered agent services in all their packages.
- Arkansas Registered Agent Services ($99/year): Special deals that offer several discounts, including a long-term agent registration contract that saves you 5–10%.
- Arkansas LLC Formation Service ($99): This standard formation package includes name availability and articles of organization.
- Access up-to-date documents
- Personalized customer service
- One-day processing time
- Registered agent service is not included in formation packages
- Limited options
8 - LegalZoom
The LegalZoom network offers legal advice for individuals and businesses based in Arkansas.
We selected this service because of their special package program called the "Start now, decide later" feature ($249), where they will not charge you until your filing documents are submitted to the state and then charge you for the first year.
They also offer legal advice on business-related issues, but this will cost you $39.08/month. It's more affordable than any other offering from their competitors.
- Registered Agent Services ($299/year): includes business data protection, compliance order, and unlimited cloud storage.
- LLC Formation Package (starts at $79): plus state filing fees of $45 with a completion time of 20 business days.
- Refund policy of 60 days
- Excellent and user-friendly online platform
- Affordable expert legal advice
- Pricey registered agent service
- Registered Agent not included in the formation package
9 - Tailor Brands
If you're struggling with your company's logo, Tailor Brands can help. We recommend this company because it offers one package for Limited Liability Company formation.
This package also comes with add-ons that provide a full package for making a logo, social media marketing, business cards, and an e-commerce store.
- Registered Agent Services ($199/year): these services are not included in the basic plan.
- LLC Formation Service ($35/year plus state filing fee of $50): A registered agent isn't included in this formation package. They recommend a $199 elite plan for a full package with marketing tools.
- Low-cost LLC service
- All exclusive bundles for marketing tools
- Quick and easy-to-use dashboard
- Not suitable for startups with only basic needs
- Limited customer support
The Advantages of Forming Your LLC in Arkansas
Forming an LLC in Arkansas will help you establish your business in many ways, including:
1. Protects Your Liability
With the help of this business structure, you may protect your assets from personal creditors. It is one of the main elements that urge entrepreneurs and business owners to create their LLCs .
Additionally, LLCs protect small businesses from assertions by their members.
2. Hassle-Free Formation and Operation
Forming an Arkansas LLC also eliminates the need to deal with the paperwork and legal documentation routinely, so it is easier to form an LLC than a corporation.
Also, unlike a corporation, your Arkansas LLC is exempt from regular meetings and minute-taking requirements, as only the articles of organization must be submitted to the Secretary of State
3. Raising Your Capital Is Flexible
Your Arkansas LLC allows you to raise money in a variety of ways. In addition, new partners can join your team, but they won't have absolute control over the business management. Receiving investments is also not permitted before becoming a partner .
4. Pass-through Taxation
Compared to other entities like a corporation, your Arkansas LLC has more tax benefits. Your LLC allows you to receive money via pass-through taxation. With this, the tax system is streamlined and minimized .
Our Selection Process
We make it a point to review each agent's price, turnaround time, service features, and customer support before choosing the ones we recommend.
When we're looking for LLC services in Arkansas, we have to consider the cost and whether it's worth it. Some companies charge more. Here, we selected services that offer affordable packages with fewer or necessary add-ons.
2. Service Features
We surveyed all of the top LLC services in Arkansas and chose those that boasted outstanding features in their packages. We went with companies that have favorable and essential service features, especially for startups.
3. Turnaround Time
During our extensive trial period, we chose the best Arkansas LLC service providers that can process orders as quickly as possible beyond the request time. We ranked those with delivery times of anywhere between 3 to 7 business days.
4. Customer Support
We have tried to contact each LLC service provider in Arkansas and selected the most responsive through chat, email, and phone calls.
Because the LLC formation process is quite complicated, you need a service provider that you can get in touch with if you have any slight issues with your LLC company.
Arkansas LLC Formation Process
It's not difficult to process your LLC formation in Arkansas.
You can complete it on your own without hiring an LLC provider by following these seven simple steps :
- Step 1: Search for a name to assign to your Arkansas LLC
- Step 2: Look for your own registered agent service in the state of Arkansas
- Step 3: File your Arizona Articles of Organization with the Secretary of State in Arkansas
- Step 4: Work on creating your Arkansas LLC Operating Agreement
- Step 5: Once you're done working with your LLC Operating Agreement, you can now get your EIN
- Step 6: Decide on the type of Arkansas LLC that you need
- Step 7: Submit your Arkansas LLC yearly report
How Long Will It Take To Incorporate My Arkansas LLC?
It will take two to three days to incorporate your Arkansas LLC. But if you need a quick formation of your Arkansas LLC, you must file it via mail or pay an additional fee for an expedited filing.
What Is the Total Cost of Creating an LLC in Arkansas?
The total cost of creating an LLC in Arkansas is $45. This covers submitting your articles of organization online—but you can also pay $50 to submit them by mail. Additionally, with the Arkansas SOS, you can reserve your LLC name for $25 by mail or $22.50 online.
Is It Necessary To Form an LLC in Arkansas?
Yes, it is necessary to form an LLC in Arkansas, especially if you find it hard to deal with the associated paperwork to form an LLC regularly.
What Is The Best Arkansas LLC Service?
As an Arkansas business startup, you need to hire a company that provides a flexible and comprehensive LLC or business formation service at an affordable and reasonable price.
After reviewing a ton of LLC services, ZenBusiness definitely exceeded our expectations. This company boasts one of the fastest response times in the LLC formation sector at a reasonable price.
Thanks to their efficient application procedure and top-notch customer service team, we had the resources to launch our business and started operating in no time!
ZenBusiness also gives you a free operating agreement template, accelerated delivery, domain privacy, CPA evaluation, and a year of statutory agent service to help you manage your LLC.