If you've decided to hire a registered agent service for your Utah LLC, this guide is for you. Many registered agent services are available in Utah, but it is still best to select the one that is most appropriate for your business entity.
Otherwise, you run the risk of losing important legal documents through the mail or failing to meet deadlines, both of which could put you in hot water with the Secretary of State.
Below is a list of the top registered agent services in Utah.
Top 5 Best Registered Agents in Utah (December 2022)
1 - Northwest Registered Agent (Editor's Choice)
From providing the street address you need to scanning and forwarding every document they receive on your behalf, Northwest registered agent got you covered.
On top of that, they notify you of future compliance filing deadlines, ensuring that you file your annual report, franchise tax, and other tax documents on time.
To assure quality service, they also have a US-based customer support team comprised of former attorneys, accountants, small company owners, and entrepreneurs.
- Registered Agent Services: Charges $39 on the first year and renews annually at $125.
- Utah LLC Formation: Basic package starts at $125, which includes registered agent services, Privacy by Default®, Local Corporate Guides®, free mail forwarding/scanning, and same-day local document scanning.
- Protects your private information
- Excellent customer care
- 20+ years of experience in the industry
- Clear fees
- One year registered agent service with formation packages
- A bit pricey
2 - ZenBusiness
If you’re looking for one of the lowest Utah registered agent prices without the LLC formation, ZenBusiness is your best pick. With $99, you gain access to user-friendly software as well as personalized customer assistance.
They also provide complete coverage of registered agent service with the option to upgrade at an additional cost.
ZenBusiness is well-known for its reasonable prices, transparency, user-friendly interface, and customer dedication. They have over 4,500 customer reviews online with an average rating of 4.7/5.
- Registered Agent Services Basic Package: The price starts at $99 without LLC formation.
- Registered Agent Service Worry-Free Compliance Package: Additional $50 per state. Includes annual filing report alerts, filing of legal papers, two free changes to filings, and coverage for any fees incurred if you fall out of compliance with the state.
- Utah LLC Formation: Basic package starts at $39, including a one-year Utah, registered agent service, and a free operating agreement template.
- Cost-efficient pricing model
- Chat customer support hours extended
- Garnered a ton of customer positive feedback
- Money-back guarantee for 60 days
- Reputation brand is low
3 - IncFile
IncFile is the only service company to offer free LLC formation services, with one free year of registered agent service. So, if you’re a startup or a small business owner, IncFile will help you get started and get things off to a good start, especially with your budget.
InFile's quality of service is backed by 13,500+ reviews of positive ratings online with only a few poor ones. They are well-known registered agents for their ease of use and excellent customer service.
- Registered Agent Services: Charges a $119 annual fee but offers a free registered agent service with formation packages.
- Utah LLC Formation: Free of charge, so you only have to pay the $70 filing fee due to the Utah Department of Commerce for the first year.
- Useful and reliable web dashboard
- Free registered agent in all formation packages
- Fast order processing
- Transparent costs
- Fewer support options
4 - Rocket Lawyer
Rocket Lawyer is well-known for its powerful estate planning software. But, they’re also home to different legal services, such as LLC formation and registered agent services. So, if you’re a business owner looking for long-term legal benefits, Rocket Lawyer is best suited for you.
They have previously served over 80,000 business entities and are known for providing high-quality legal assistance and advice. Rocket Lawyer guarantees complete satisfaction with its registered agent services.
- Registered Agent Services: Charges $149.99 annual fee for non-members. It also includes storing legal papers in an online document repository and submitting the Utah Certificate of Formation.
- Business Bundle Plan: Includes free registered agent services for the first year.
- Excellent customer support
- Subscription-based pricing
- Provides legal documents
- Provides support from legal experts
- Limited service features
- Credit card for a free trial
5 - LegalZoom
Similar to Rocket Lawyer, LegalZoom is a one-stop shop for legal services. However, since they have already established a significant presence in the registered agent services industry, you may expect their pricing to be higher than the rest of the competition.
Their Utah registered agent service provides services including company data security, a compliance calendar, and unlimited cloud storage. The premium feature of their service is that they provide up to $1 million in identity theft protection.
- Registered Agent Services: Charges a $299 annual fee and includes features such as business data protection, a compliance calendar, and unlimited cloud storage. The premium feature offers up to $1 million worth of identity theft protection.
- Utah LLC Formation: Business formation services start at $79 plus the state fee.
- Has high customer volume
- Offers wide a variety of legal services
- Great brand power
- Mediocre customer reviews
- High prices
- No registered agent included with LLC formations
What Are the Benefits of Working With a Registered Agent Service in Utah?
While acting as your own registered agent reduces your initial business expenses, there are clear advantages to partnering with a professional registered agent service that is hard to overlook–making all the extra fees worthwhile.
Below are some of them:
- Convenience. Many entrepreneurs and business owners want to focus on scaling their businesses instead of dealing with administrative tasks. With the assistance of a registered agent service, they can do just that. The registered agent can handle the tedious paperwork and provide their client with an online account that securely saves all company files and documentation in one location.
- Saves money in the long run. A registered agent can help entrepreneurs with multi-state LLCs in submitting legal documents and paying state filing fees on time. This way, LLCs avoid incurring additional expenses due to being late.
- Maintains privacy. With a registered agent service, the LLC owner doesn't have to worry about exposing their personal address on the public record once they officially framed their LLC. Instead, the registered agent service will provide the physical street address, which means that all papers will be served to the registered office address, including if the LLC is sued.
- Highly dependable. Things can get complicated quickly if it involves matters of state or corporate law. LLCs may benefit from the services of a registered agent with years of experience working with other business entities. Registered agents can also provide additional legal services that help owners run their LLCs well and keep them on the right side of the law.
How Much Does a Utah Registered Agent Service Cost?
In Utah, the cost of hiring a registered agent could range anywhere from $50 to $300 per year. Considering how much time and energy it will save you, it definitely is a small price to pay.
Besides assisting in filing the paperwork to create an LLC, most registered agent services also offer assistance in filing annual reports, monitoring due dates and renewals, and providing other legal services.
Who Can Be a Utah Registered Agent?
Like any other state, Utah allows any entity or individual to act as a registered agent for a Utah business. This is provided they are at least 18 years old, have a physical address in the state in which the LLC is created, and are available during normal business hours.
Here are four options you can select from when appointing a registered agent for your Utah LLC:
- Option 1: Be your own LLC's Utah Registered Agent.
- Option 2: Appoint your LLC as its own Registered Agent.
- Option 3: Designate a trusted friend or family member as your LLC's Registered Agent.
- Option 4: Hire a Utah Registered Agent Company.
Do I Need a Utah Registered Agent for My Utah LLC?
Yes, you need a Utah-registered agent for your Utah LLC. It is a mandatory requirement of the Utah Secretary of State. Otherwise, your LLC formation filing will be rejected.
What Does a Utah Registered Agent Do?
A Utah registered agent acts as your business's point of contact. They are responsible for receiving service of process, like legal notice of a lawsuit and legal documents from the Secretary of State on behalf of your LLC.
Can I Act as My Own Registered Agent in Utah?
Yes, you can act as your own registered agent in Utah. You have the option of naming yourself as the registered agent for your Utah business, which means you will receive all official documents on the company's behalf.
Can I Use the Registered Agent Office Address as My Business Address?
No, your Utah registered agent is not intended to operate as your business address. Generally, it is only meant to receive official government documents relevant to your business.
Do I Need an EIN for My LLC?
Yes, you need an EIN for your LLC if it has one or more employees or is subject to excise tax. The majority of new single-member LLCs classified as disregarded entities will need an EIN. To apply for an EIN, LLC must file Form SS-4, Application for Employer Identification Number.
Can I File My LLC and Personal Taxes Separately?
Yes, you can file your LLC and personal taxes separately. The IRS classifies one-member LLCs as sole proprietorships; the LLC does not pay taxes and is not required to submit a return with the IRS. The revenue generated by your LLC will be considered personal income on your tax returns. If you opt to be taxed as a corporation, you must file your personal and business taxes separately.
What Do I Need to Create an LLC in Utah?
Starting a limited liability company, or LLC, in Utah is a simple process that can be completed in just a few steps:
Step 1: Choose a Name for Your LLC
Step 2: Choose a Utah Registered Agent
Step 3: File Certificate of Organization With the State
Step 4: Make a Utah LLC Operating Agreement
Step 5: Obtain an EIN
Step 6: Open Your LLC Bank Account
Step 7: Get Business Insurance for Your Utah LLC
Step 8: Obtain Business Licenses
And the BEST Registered Agent in Utah is...
To keep up with state offices and regulations, save time, and maintain privacy, we highly recommend choosing Northwest registered agent service.
Northwest registered agent offers an excellent selection of registered agent services and Utah formation services that include managing all legal documents and emails important to your business.
They are well known for a fantastic customer support team that will ensure you create and maintain your business efficiently and effortlessly.
We hope this guide has helped you assess your business needs and decide to go with Northwest registered agent.