Selecting a registered agent in Washington is crucial to the compliance and success of your business entity. To determine the best service providers, we went the extra mile to evaluate thoroughly and rank the best Washington registered agents.
Each service provider was professionally reviewed based on essential criteria, such as pricing, customer support services, and turnaround time.
We also highlighted their best features and what makes them a good choice.
Read to the end to see our best recommendation.
Top 10 Registered Agent Services in Washington (November 2022)
1 - Northwest Registered Agent (Editor's Choice)
Northwest Registered Agent is a leading Washington registered agent with complete service features matched with customer-centric solutions.
It is a 20-year-old company headquartered in Spokane, Washington, and has had its offices expanded eventually in all other 50 states.
Northwest provides the street address for Washington businesses that need to receive the Service of Process. Plus, they scan and forward your business documents as soon as they receive them.
Northwest Registered Agent also notifies you of compliance filing deadlines so you can file your annual report and tax documents on time.
Their excellent customer service is supported by a US-based customer support team comprising former attorneys, accountants, entrepreneurs, and small business owners.
- Registered Agent Services ($125/year): They charge free for the first year when purchased with LLC formation, then renews annually at its standard price.
- Washington LLC Formation (Starts at $39, excluding the state fee): This includes essential LLC formation documents and tools and Washington registered agent services. Plus, free mail forwarding and scanning on the same day of receiving the documents.
- They value clients’ privacy
- Outstanding customer support
- More than two decades of experience in the industry
- Guaranteed no hidden charges
- Provides free registered agent service with every LLC formation package
- High priced in comparison to the competition
2 - ZenBusiness
ZenBusiness has thousands of positive customer reviews and is well-known for its competitive prices, premium registered agent, and customer dedication.
It is the best-registered agent service if you’re a business owner looking for one of the lowest Washington registered agent service prices without the LLC formation service.
It is a venture-funded public benefit corporation that has served over 70,000 clients since it was founded in 2016.
- Registered Agent Services Basic Package (starts at $199): Complete coverage of their commercial registered agent service, access to your own online account, and a personalized customer service representative. This service is free when ordered with an LLC formation package; otherwise, it costs $199/year.
- Registered Agent Service Worry-Free Compliance Package (starts at $199): Includes annual report filing notifications, filing essentials, and coverage for any filing fee penalties incurred if you fall out of compliance with the state. It costs an additional $50 per state for multi-state registered agents.
- Washington LLC Formation (starts at $49): The basic package includes a one-year Washington registered agent service and a free operating agreement template.
- Has reasonable pricing of services
- Provides extended hours of chat customer support
- Has excellent customer feedback
- They offer a 60-day money-back guarantee
- Relatively new service provider
3 - IncFile
IncFile is a Houston-based LLC formation and registered agent service provider that was established in 2004.
They have become a well-known company for providing free formation and representation services to all new Washington businesses for the first year.
In addition to their overwhelming amount of positive customer feedback online, IncFile also features an impressive online dashboard that makes it easier to access business documents and stay on top of deadlines.
One downside we discovered throughout our research is that IncFile does not have a customer support team on weekends, which is a huge letdown, especially for business owners who work full-time and may want urgent advice or help on weekends.
- Registered Agent Services ($0/year): Free service when purchased with their formation package. Charges a flat rate when purchased separately, which includes a digital dashboard, email and SMS notifications, and automatic mail forwarding of legal documents.
- Washington LLC Formation ($0/year): Free of charge, you only have to pay the $180 (by mail) or $200 (online) filing fee due to the Washington Secretary of State.
- Provides easy-to-use online dashboard
- Free 1-year registered agent with LLC formation packages
- Seamless order process
- Guaranteed no hidden fees
- Has a limited number of support options
4 - Rocket Lawyer
Rocket Lawyer gives you access to top-notch business formation services. It is not only your own registered agent but also your assistant whenever you need any legal and business advice.
Established in 2008, Rocket Lawyer has already helped over 20 million business owners in different ways, including LLC formation and representation in Washington.
Besides their fantastic lineup of legal services, Rocket Lawyer is among the few companies that give a 7-day trial when you subscribe to their membership plan.
Furthermore, if you decide to cancel your membership within 60 days of purchase, you will receive a full refund.
- Registered Agent Services (starts at $149.95/year): Their basic package includes legal and tax compliance alerts, a physical registered office business address, and more.
- Washington LLC Formation (starts at $39.99): When you sign up as a member, you will have access to professional legal assistance as well as business formation tools and services for $39.99 per month. Non-members, on the other hand, receive standard pricing for their LLC formation service and other features.
- Has a free 7-day membership trial
- Most experienced service company
- Highly rated customer service
- Must register as a member to access premium legal service features
- Only registered members can have discounted services
5 - LegalZoom
When you work with LegalZoom, you have the benefit of having a big company on your LLC's side as a statutory agent or registered agent in Washington.
Having been in the industry since 1999, LegalZoom provides one of the most highly reliable Washington registered agent services and has a reputation for following through on whatever promises they make.
This premium registered agent in Washington has assisted 3.5 million customers in various ways, including representation services. They also boast an overall rating of 4.52/5 out of 5,020 reviews on BBB.
- Registered Agent Services ($299/year): Includes basic WA registered agent features as well as premium features, such as data security, unlimited cloud storage, a compliance calendar, and $1 million worth of identity theft protection.
- Washington LLC Formation (starts at $79): Business formation services start at $79 plus the state fee.
- Strong brand power in the industry
- Provides premium registered agent service features
- Has a high customer volume
- Mediocre customer reviews
- High prices compared to other companies
6 - Harbor Compliance
Harbor Compliance is your best choice if you're looking for a basic commercial registered agent service for your LLC.
This new registered agent was founded in 2012 and has since assisted more than 35,000 businesses with compliance solutions.
Harbor offers discounts for businesses that purchase multi-year subscriptions.
Plus, if you have plans to expand your LLC outside Washington, Harbor Compliance has a nationwide registered agent service that delivers superior security.
BBB also gave Harbor Compliance an A+ rating for its excellent service. As of writing, Harbor is ranked among the best registered agents in Washington.
- Registered Agent Services ($99/year): Covers same-day electronic delivery of paperwork in Washington, annual report notifications, and a physical street address in Washington where someone is ready to accept Service of Process (SOP) during normal business hours. Plus, free compliance guides and whitepapers.
- Washington LLC Formation (starts at $399): Their basic formation package includes all necessary formation documents, a free year of registered agent service, and costs $399 plus state fees.
- Bulk discounts are available
- Has phenomenal customer reviews on Google and BBB
- Includes free Washington registered agent on their formation package
- Some of their business services are expensive
- Their online portal system is not updated
7 - Swyft Filings
Using Swyft Filings as your Washington registered agent will save you from dealing with the complications and inconveniences of paperwork.
While pricing is not the best point for their registered agent service, Swyft Filings has an incredible line of positive customer feedback, with an average customer rating of 4.7 out of 5.
- Registered Agent Services ($149/year): Charges a flat rate that already covers 24/7 online access to important mail and alert messages for important due dates and deadlines.
- Washington LLC Formation (starts at $49): Offers three-level business formation packages with several add-on services that you can purchase at affordable prices.
- Has a 100% money-back guarantee
- Free order shipping
- Responsive customer support
- Registered Agent Service fee is expensive
- Turnaround time is different from state to state.
8 - InCorp
InCorp is best known for its registered agent online services and is the fourth-largest national registered agent service in America.
They also provide assistance with Washington business services such as corporation or LLC formation, business license service, and annual report reminders.
While it is not our best pick for the best registered agent in Washington, one of its unique features that we love is its Entity Management System app for iOS devices.
This app allows you to manage your business, pay fees, and access all of your stored business documents, including service of process, among other things.
- Registered Agent Services (Starts at $99/year): Legal notifications for important documents such as your annual report filing notices, SOP, and a physical address to receive these documents during regular business hours. Discounts for multi-year service orders.
- Washington LLC Formation (start at $99): Similar to their registered agent business, their formation prices start at $99 per year, and they provide discounts for multi-year service orders.
- Has satisfied customer reviews on BBB
- Has 250,000+ active clients nationwide
- There are bilingual customer service reps available
- Reported hidden fees and automatic charging of services
- Shipping costs an additional charge.
9 - SunDoc Filings
SunDoc has got the affordability and confidence to represent your WA LLC.
It was originally established in Sacramento, but since then, the company has expanded to provide registered agent service and LLC formation services in all 50 states, including Washington.
Its WA registered agent services include all the essential services you need from a professional registered agent.
SunDoc Filings has been in business since 1999, with over 100,000 entities formed. Currently, they have thousands of 5-star reviews on Trustpilot.
- Registered Agent Services ($159/year): Covers corporate tools, handling of business documents, mail forwarding of service of process documents, and 24/7 online access.
- Washington LLC Formation (starts at $79): Their base package is $79 plus state fees, their key bundle is $99 plus state fees, and their premier bundle is $279 plus state fees.
- Experienced in the industry and has over 100,000 filings
- Has A+ professional rating on BBB
- Skilled customer support team
- A registered agent can only be purchased as a separate feature
- Its registered agent service costs are relatively higher than other companies
10 - Washington Registered Agent
Washington Registered Agent is a commercial registered agent that is an expert in everything about Washington business, from corporate filings, business licensing, municipality permits, and MBLs to entity taxes, annual reports, and business compliance.
They are also known for being business privacy experts, offering unique package alternatives to help keep your personal information out of public records.
So, if you own an LLC, don't want to be bothered by telemarketers, and are concerned about identity theft, Washington Registered Agent is the way to go.
- Registered Agent Services ($59/year): Total compliance monitoring for a whole year, a free 60-day trial of a virtual phone number for your business, dependable annual license renewal reminders, fast and reliable business document forwarding, and an online account with digital document storage.
- Washington LLC Formation ($359): Includes their LLC formation package, which includes the incorporation service fee, 1-year Registered agent service, plus the Washington state filing fee.
- Has a fixed rate every year
- No hidden fees
- No per-piece mail charges
- Very few customer reviews online
- Has a complicated website
What Are the Benefits of Working With a Registered Agent Service in Washington?
There are many benefits of working with a registered agent service in Washington. Some of the most practical benefits are listed below:
1. Boosts Convenience
Working with a registered agent service can help you do that, as they will handle all the tedious paperwork in the representation of your LLC. Most Washington registered agents also provide an online account for your LLC where you can securely store and access your service of processing official documents in one go.
2. Sets as a Long-Term Investment
If you are a multi-state LLC or plan to expand outside Washington, using a registered agent that offers services in multiple states can help you save additional expenses. It is a long-term investment and keeps things streamlined with less risk of error because you will not have to juggle documentation from different agents.
3. Protects Your Privacy
If you worry about receiving SOPs at your home or office in front of your friends, family member, or workers, then it is high time for you to consider privacy protection when evaluating service providers.
Washington registered agent service will provide the registered office address and have someone receive all legal documents during normal business hours.
4. Flexible and Dependable Legal Services
Many Washington registered agents provide not only formation and representation services but also provide other legal services that may be useful in keeping LLCs on the right side of the law.
This is essential if they meet legal challenges or concerns within the company or with other business entities.
An individual or business entity designated as a registered agent will manage and keep track of your LLC's government, tax, and legal affairs.
So, while working as your own registered agent reduces your initial company expenses in Washington, having a third party to manage all these SOPs will do wonders for you.
How Much Does a Registered Agent Service Cost in Washington?
A registered agent service costs around $50 to $300 per year in Washington. This will depend on the service features you need and which service company you will work with.
When you view the larger picture and consider the amount of time and energy you will save, paying for a professional registered agent service is definitely worth it.
But, if you're still skeptical about this, there are registered agents in Washington that can be your company’s registered agent for free in the first year.
Do I Need a Washington Registered Agent for My LLC?
Yes, you need a Washington registered agent for your LLC. This is a requirement imposed by the Washington SOS on every business entity formed and registered with the state.
Can I Act as My Own Registered Agent in Washington?
Yes, you can act as your own registered agent in Washington.
Can I Use a PO Box as My Registered Agent’s Office Address in Washington?
No, you can't use a PO box as your registered agent’s office address in Washington. Your registered agent’s address, which will receive all of your mail, must be a physical street address in Washington. Otherwise, the Washington SOS will reject your filing.
Appointing the right registered agent service for your business is essential in creating your WA LLC. Aside from the fact that it is required by state law, it helps your LLC maintain good standing with the Washington Secretary of State.
So, to help you achieve that, we recommend using Northwest Registered Agent for your LLC in Washington. It is a customer-centered registered agent service matched with the best premium service features.
It doesn’t matter if you’re just starting your WA LLC or switching to another registered agent. Northwest Registered Agent will deliver a service that goes above and beyond. Many reviews online can attest to that.