We can provide you with the best registered agent service in Minnesota, so look no further. Finding the most outstanding deal and a trustworthy agent service is equally crucial when employing a registered agent.
The ideal Minnesota registered agent will protect your assets and personal information while keeping your business in good standing with the Secretary of State.
To make it simpler for you to choose the best service agent for your Minnesota business entity, we've compiled a list of the best registered agents in Minnesota.
Top 4 Best Registered Agents in Minnesota (September 2022)
1 - Northwest Registered Agent Service (Editor's Choice)
All of the fundamental functions of a registered agent are expertly performed by Northwest Registered Agent.
You may rely on them to accept service of process, other legal documents, and correspondence for the state on behalf of your business because they have an actual street address in Minnesota that is accessible during regular business hours.
When they get any such documents, they send them to you quickly via US mail.
However, they also scan and upload these documents to your online account, allowing immediate access. Their website is incredibly user-friendly and simple to use.
- Northwest offers their Minnesota registered agent service for a price of $125. The package includes Same-Day Local Document Scanning, Privacy by Default®, Local Corporate Guides®, and Free Mail Forwarding/Scanning.
- Northwest charges $39 plus the state filing with a year free of agent service for the LLC formation package. The $125 annual rate will only be charged in your 2nd year.
- Offers personalized customer service
- Transparent pricing
- 20+ years of experience in the industry
- A year of free resident agent service is included in LLC formation
- Higher price than competitors
2 - ZenBusiness Registered Agent Service
ZenBusiness stirred the small business community by streamlining and lowering the cost of LLC formation.
Before, customers who had formed an LLC using ZenBusiness were the only ones who could utilize their resident agent service. Now, anyone can use it.
Because of the company's outstanding customer service and competitive pricing, ZenBusiness is another top-notch Minnesota registered agent team.
- For $99, you can already avail of a bare minimum agent service from ZenBusiness. Although the package doesn’t include an LLC formation, they still offer one of Minnesota's most affordable registered agent services.
- If you are interested in opening your Minnesota LLC with ZenBusiness, you can avail of their formation service package for $39 plus the state fee.
- The package includes free registered agent service for your first year, which you have to pay $119 annually starting your 2nd year with them.
- Excellent customer feedback
- Affordable package offers
- Expert service and support
- Free agent service in all packages
- Low brand recognition
3 - Incfile Registered Agent Service
With prices starting at just $119 per year, IncFile is one of Minnesota's most well-known LLC and registered agent services.
In addition, if you haven't started a business yet and would need a free registered agent service during the process, they provide an outstanding free LLC formation service.
You may rely on IncFile to serve as your point of contact with the Minnesota Secretary of State, handle the serving of process and other legal papers, and maintain the privacy of your name and address.
- A registered agent service package with Incfile costs $119 per year, including a free registered agent and LLC formation.
- You will also get additional features like a convenient registered agent dashboard, email and SMS update notifications, and a virtual mailbox feature.
- Since the LLC formation is already included for free in Incfile’s registered agent service package, you only need to pay the $135 Minnesota filing fee for the first year, and you’re good to go.
- Free LLC formation with one-year free agent service
- Has a registered agent dashboard
- Thousands of positive customer reviews
- Mediocre agent service
- It doesn't offer compliance alerts
- Customer service is not impressive
4 - LegalZoom Registered Agent Service
The most well-known premium registered agent service on this list is LegalZoom. Even though they are the most expensive, they have enough benefits to make the price somewhat reasonable.
LegalZoom's good name and reputation may be enough to convince you to hire them if you aren't familiar with any of the other registered agents on this list.
Their vast selection of legal products and services has been around for what feels like an eternity in internet years and has helped millions of people.
- LegalZoom, as one of the leading providers of premium registered agent services in Minnesota, offers its services for a price of $299 per year.
- This already includes a free LLC formation and additional services like business data protection, compliance calendar, and unlimited cloud storage.
- Their $299 annual rate also includes comprehensive legal services, which I'm sure will be of great benefit to you as a business owner.
- If you want LegalZoom to form your LLC in Minnesota, you may avail of their business formation package for $79 plus the state fee.
- The ultimate one-stop shop
- The premium feature offers up to $1 million worth of identity theft protection
- Unrivaled Brand Recognition
- High customer volume
- Much more expensive than other competitors
- Registered agent is not included in their LLC Formation Package
- Mediocre customer reviews
What Are the Benefits of Working with a Registered Agent Service in Minnesota?
A registered agent serves as your company's primary point of contact with the state of Minnesota, receiving and delivering official correspondence on your behalf.
The benefits of using a registered agent service outweigh the possibility of acting as your own registered agent in several ways:
You can ensure that your business continually complies with Minnesota state legislation with the aid of your resident agent service.
Gives You Peace of Mind
A skilled registered agent is competent to accept paperwork and act as your business's point of contact. Knowing that professionals handle all official paperwork may put you at ease.
Some business owners work irregular hours, travel frequently, or cannot come to the office because of ongoing obligations.
Registered agent services are helpful for busy business owners because they are available throughout normal business hours.
Registered agents receive confidential documents. The appropriate solution for added security is a registered agent service. When the documents come, you will be informed immediately.
When forming an LLC through a registered agent service, you don't need to worry about disclosing your home address to the public.
Because the registered agent service will supply the precise street location, all legal documents, including those if your LLC is sued, will be delivered to the registered office address.
How Much Does a Registered Agent Service Cost in Minnesota?
Registered agent services in Minnesota can be hired for anywhere between $99 and $349.
What Are the Requirements for a Minnesota Registered Agent?
According to Minnesota Statute 5.36, the following limitations apply to registered agents in Minnesota:
- The agent's address must be located entirely within the state of Minnesota. You require a registered agent in each state where you conduct business.
- P.O. Boxes do not qualify as acceptable addresses for the registered office; a physical address is required.
- A registered agent must be a citizen of the state or a company with a valid business license.
- According to a Minnesota statute, the registered agent must keep a business office that is the same as the registered office. This implies that during regular business hours, your registered agent must be present at the address specified on the business formation paperwork to accept the service of process on your behalf.
Is It Possible to Be My Own Registered Agent for My Minnesota Business Entity?
Yes, it is possible to be your own registered agent for your Minnesota business entity. This is a pretty typical practice. The owner may choose a different person or company known as a registered agent service to serve in this capacity.
Is It Necessary for Me to Hire a Registered Agent Service for My LLC in Minnesota?
Yes, it is necessary for you to hire a registered agent service for your LLC in Minnesota. In fact, it is required by the state that all LLCs, corporations, and nonprofit organizations must choose and maintain a registered agent and office in Minnesota.
How Do I Choose the Right Registered Agent Service in Minnesota?
Depending on your business’s needs, we do recommend using a reputable national registered agent service in Minnesota. Choosing the right registered agent services for your LLC in the state of Minnesota can be difficult because there are a lot of different agent service providers to choose from.
How Much Is the LLC Formation State Filing Fee in Minnesota?
The LLC formation state filing fee in Minnesota is $135.
Can I Change My Registered Agent Any Time I Want?
Yes, you can always change your Minnesota registered agent service at any time you want. You just need to submit a Change of Registered Agent form and the $55 filing fee to the Minnesota Secretary of State.
What Is the Process if I Want to Resign as a Registered Agent in Minnesota?
A Statement of Resignation of Registered Agent must be filed with the Minnesota SOS in order to resign as a registered agent in Minnesota.
What's the Purpose of Hiring a Minnesota Registered Agent?
The purpose of hiring a Minnesota registered agent is to have direct contact between your company and the state of Minnesota and to be promptly advised of any notices or lawsuits received. For the benefit of your Minnesota LLC, Minnesota corporation, or Minnesota nonprofit, your agent will accept any service of process requests and legal notices.
It's easy to underestimate the value of a registered agent for your business. All you've worked for could be in jeopardy due to an irresponsible registered agent.
You must consider your choice carefully. That is why we have conducted this in-depth research and concluded that Northwest Registered Agent is the best-registered agent service for your LLC in the state of Minnesota. They will comply and run your business lawfully.
They will be managing relatively specific activities, but you won't risk facing hefty fines or perhaps having your company shut down by the authorities.