The most common approach for individuals to create a company in Nebraska is establishing a limited liability company (LLC).
Before you decide on which formation company to use, it’s essential to have in-depth knowledge of their pricing, features, and other relevant factors that will impact your business formation from the very start.
To assist you to make the most informed decision, we’ve done extensive research into the most popular formation companies in Nebraska.
In this review, we will compare their most important features, along with their pros and cons.
Top 6 LLC Services in Nebraska (November 2022)
1 - ZenBusiness (Editor's Choice)
ZenBusiness simplifies and lowers the cost of legal documents filed for start-up entrepreneurs.
This company takes pride in its business development solutions simply because they have been around for quite some time but still manage to outperform their competitors with low-cost packages and outstanding customer support.
Since its inception, they have already provided assistance to more than 200,000 businesses which shows that they are experienced in this field.
- ZenBusiness Starter ($49): This subscription covers the normal business entity filing solution that covers name eligibility search functions, normal registration response time, phone or email assistance, and accessibility to your papers via the ZenBusiness site.
- ZenBusiness Professional ($199): ZenBusiness Pro expands on the capabilities of the Starter package by providing expedited registration, financial settlement papers, employer ID number generation, and compliance inspections and warnings.
- ZenBusiness Premium ($299): ZenBusiness Premium is a $299 yearly subscription that incorporates all of the platform's services. This package covers every essential LLC filing service, including assistance in registering an online account, email addresses, and several other annual paperwork requirements that companies must submit.
- Nebraska Registered Agent Service ($119): ZenBusiness registered agent service provides its registered agent free of charge during the first twelve months, with the choice to renew for $119 each year that follows.
- A lot of package options
- Reasonable prices
- Worry-free compliance
- Quick turnaround
- Excellent reviews from clients
- Low brand awareness
2 - Northwest Registered Agent
Northwest Registered Agent has built a reputation for being a straightforward organization that provides online LLC formation services nationally ever since its inception in 1998.
Northwest Registered Agent maintains remote excellent client service with a staff of properly qualified Business Consultants.
- LLC formation service ($39 plus statutory fees): Northwest Registered Agent' business professionals who will handle the LLC filing, Premium registered agent services, LLC establishment, and development, an account online to obtain vital company papers, a free telephone contact for 60 days, a business address, mail sending, and Privacy by Default.
- Nebraska Registered Agent Service ($125): A free registered agent service is included if you avail of their formation services. It will only cost you $125 afterward.
- Straightforward application process
- Excellent privacy protection
- No hidden fees
- Packages accompanied by a 1-year free registered agent service
- Not budget-friendly
3 - IncFile
The organization may assist with Nebraska business creation, accounting, business registration checks, and a variety of other filings. They provide the most economical business formation service on the market.
From its inception in 2004, IncFile has grown to be one of the greatest and most prominent providers of LLC formation services, establishing over 500,000 firms.
- Silver Incfile (state fees only): This covers one year of free Nebraska registered agent services, lifelong company compliance notifications, an online business, a tax discussion, and fast order fulfillment.
- Gold Incfile ($149): Gold contains every one of the offerings in the silver package, as well as a Gold LLC Kit that contains a professional binder, metal die-cast company foil stamping seal, banking resolution, contract library, Employee Identification Number (EIN), operating agreement, express delivery, and IRS Form 2553 preparation and filing.
- Platinum Incfile ($249): Incfile Platinum provides all of the prior levels' functions and solutions, as well as a bespoke website and domains designed and hosted by Snapweb, which is an associate of Incfile. This also includes FedEx 2-3 Day Shipment for expedited delivery and a platinum LLC kit.
- Nebraska Registered Agent Service ($119): Individuals that establish their company employing any of Incfile's programs get one year of free registered agent services. Following the first year, customers will be charged $119 annually to continue the use of the package.
- Low rates
- Packages include 1 year free registered agent service
- Huge client base
- Excellent customer support
- A lot of upsells
4 - LegalZoom
From its very inception in 1999, LegalZoom has grown its reputation to become the most well-known LLC and Nebraska business formation service provider.
LegalZoom thinks that each and every company needs comprehensive special recourse and hence presents an impartial community of lawyers to supply you with the appropriate assistance.
- Economy ($79): This comprises a name availability check and company registration, articles of organization, next-step guidance for LLCs, peace of mind review, long-term customer assistance, and a banking information permission letter.
- Standard ($329): LegalZoom Standard contains all of the economic plan's features and a business pack. This package contains a premium organizer, official certifications, as well as a seal. It also includes a VIP clearance at LegalZoom.
- Express Gold ($349): Covers everything in the standard package with accelerated processing, rush processing with the secretary of state, and fast shipment.
- Nebraska Registered Agent Service ($299): LegalZoom registered agent is available for $299 annually and includes registered agent services, a compliance schedule of events, company data security, plus limitless data storage.
- A broad scope of professional items and services available
- Industry knowledge
- Exceptional client assistance
- Extremely costly
- Upsells that are overwhelming
5 - Swyft Filings
Swyft Filings is a low-cost business formation company that offers some of the sector's shortest system availability.
Despite many large competitors, they managed to gain a solid foothold with dozens of suppliers.
Considering that they've only been in operation since 2015, they have received thousands of great evaluations from delighted customers.
- The Basic package ($49): It provides every one of the fundamentals you'll need to establish your individual or business entity, such as verification for the availability of a business name, preparation and filing of articles of organization (and articles of incorporation), free website name, a free 30-minute taxation counseling, ComplianceGuard business notifications, and normal processing speed.
- The Standard package ($149): includes: All described previously is included, in addition to a Federal Tax ID (EIN), customized organizational minutes, a custom LLC operating agreement, and a bespoke LLC banking resolution.
- The Premium package ($299): Swyft Filings' most comprehensive bundle, the Premium, costs $299. It covers everything in the Basic and Standard services, expedited filing, express and monitored FedEx shipment, a personalized online LLC kit, a free company website and hosting services, and digital delivery of official papers.
- Nebraska Registered Agent Services ($149): Swyft Filings' registered agent service does not provide a free registered agent service as part of its formation options, although it is available for an additional $149 on a yearly basis.
- Customer support that is immediate and personalized
- Deals at reasonable prices
- Comprehensible platform
- Upselling unnecessarily
- Limited service offerings
6 - Harbor Compliance
Harbor Compliance is a company founded in 2012 by a group of industry professionals with a growing clientele of over 20,000 satisfied customers.
They are manned with qualified individuals who can assist you with just about any concern that may arise.
Harbor Compliance has short response times, which makes them a great choice if you must have your company started quickly.
- Formation Package ($399): Articles of Organization, federal Employer Identification Number, one year of registered agent service, a tailored compliance expert, and an operating agreement template are all available in this package.
- Compliance Package ($799): This package contains a handled yearly report service, continuous support, an Operating Agreement document, a federal EIN, a name registration verification, publication, Articles of Organization, a tailored compliance expert, an S-Corp or C-Corp tax option, an initial analysis, and one year of Registered Agent service.
- Nebraska Registered Agent Service ($99): Harbor Compliance registered agent service costs $99 each year for their registered agent service and is included in the first year upon the purchase of any plans from Harbor Compliance.
- Customer relations that is personalized
- Processing time of one day
- Easy-to-use software
- Lack of refund policy
- Extremely costly
4 Advantages of Creating an LLC in Nebraska
Here are the advantages of creating an LLC in Nebraska.
1. Limited Liability
The primary benefit of LLCs would be that they insulate owners from personal liability. This implies that owners are not individually accountable for the LLC's obligations and, in many cases, judicial judgments. Collectors are barred from pursuing the LLC's members' financial property.
2. Simple Setup and Maintenance
Setting up and maintaining a Nebraska LLC can be very affordable. With simple steps, you can set up your Nebraska business entity without much trouble.
3. Tax Diversification
Except as conversely specified, an LLC is a pass-through corporation, which means that its earnings are distributed straight to its owners rather than being paid at the organizational scale through the authorities.
Conversely, members pay sales tax on the gains on their individual federal tax forms. Regarding accounting-related subjects, LLCs are classified as a "pass-through" business, similar to a corporation or a partnership, implying that LLCs are not subject to double taxes.
4. Organizational Adaptability
Members can manage an LLC, allowing any proprietors to participate in an everyday judgment call. Members of LLCs can select between member-managed and manager-managed models.
Member management indicates that the individuals actually engage in operational business management.
Nebraska LLC Formation Process
Here are the steps that are required to establish this business structure.
- Step 1: Name your LLC in Nebraska
- Step 2: Select your own Registered Agent
- Step 3: Submit the Certificate of Organization
- Step 4: Clear the Publishing Qualifications
- Step 5: Make an Operating Agreement
- Step 6: Acquire an EIN
How Much Does an LLC in Nebraska Cost?
An LLC in Nebraska costs around $100. Upon filing the LLC's Certificate of Organization, this cost is paid to the Nebraska Secretary of State.
Do I Need to Publish My LLC in Nebraska?
Yes, you need to publish your LLC in Nebraska. It’s required by their law to publish a notice for 3 consecutive weeks, typically in a newspaper.
How Long Does It Take to Get an LLC Approved in Nebraska?
It takes 3-5 days to have an LLC approved in Nebraska when filing a Certificate of Organization to the Nebraska Secretary of State via mail. The Nebraska digital processing and authorization usually take up to 48 hours.
We think obtaining the all-inclusive and inexpensive Nebraska LLC services is crucial to get your business to the next level.
An LLC service must be reasonably priced, offer comprehensive packages, be hands-on, and have a quick turnaround time. Because ZenBusiness possesses these characteristics, it comes as our hearty recommendation.
They offer efficient services so that you can have your business off the ground as quickly and efficiently as possible.