Incorporate.com Review (2024) Don’t Buy Before Reading
Incorporate.com, a subsidiary of Corporation Services Company, specializes in business formation services.
With my extensive background as a seasoned LLC consultant boasting over ten years of experience in the field, I have had the opportunity to collaborate closely with Incorporate.com.
This partnership gave me a deep understanding of the company's dependability and operational effectiveness.
I also convened a panel of seasoned entrepreneurs to provide diverse perspectives for a comprehensive evaluation.
Venture Smarter analysis will delve into the array of services offered by Incorporate.com, highlighting its advantages, cost-effectiveness, and how it stands out compared to other online business formation entities.
What Is Incorporate.Com?
Incorporate.com is an LLC service provider that offers a large variety of business incorporation service options.
Corporation Services Company was formed in 1899 and has helped set up and maintain over 750,000 businesses, according to their website.
They offer services for forming an LLC, Corporation, or Non-Profit, ensuring businesses have everything they need from the start. Additionally, they provide guidance for businesses looking to register in states other than their home state.
"Incorporate.com isn’t a good choice for LLC services or registered agent services. Their services are very overpriced, and the company is misleading about these prices."
- Matt Horwitz, Leading Expert on LLC Education
Incorporate.Com Review Ratings
Incorporate.com is a well-established entity in the business formation sector.
Venture Smarter review ratings are based on a comprehensive evaluation of their services, customer feedback, and industry comparison.
We have assessed various aspects of Incorporate.com, including support, price, features, and turnaround time, to provide a clear picture of what clients can expect.
Support - 4.7/5
Incorporate.com has earned a high rating in support due to its responsive and professional customer service.
During our collaboration, I received prompt replies to inquiries and a helpful approach to resolving issues.
This rating reflects the company's commitment to providing quality assistance to its customers, ensuring a smooth experience in business formation and maintenance.
Price - 3.2/5
The rating for price reflects the relatively high cost of Incorporate.com's services compared to its competitors.
Despite Incorporate.com's claim of competitive pricing, my comparison revealed their basic package is significantly higher than industry averages, challenging the value proposition they advertise.
This rating indicates that while the services are reliable, they may not be the most budget-friendly option.
Features - 4.8/5
Incorporate.com scores highly in features due to its extensive suite of services.
In my experience, they provided comprehensive solutions for business formation, including operations agreements, bylaws drafting, business license search, and certificates for good standing.
This rating underscores the company's ability to cater to a wide range of business needs effectively.
Turnaround - 4.6/5
The company's turnaround time is rated highly, reflecting their efficiency and honesty in processing times.
Incorporate.com promises swift processing times, but my experience saw a formation process that extended beyond the estimated timeframe, highlighting a discrepancy in their efficiency claims.
This rating highlights Incorporate.com's commitment to timely service delivery, which is crucial for businesses in their formation stages.
LLC Service Features & Prices
Incorporate.com offers these four separate pricing packages:
- LLC Starter Package ($99 + State Filing Fees): Incorporate.com's starter package is a basic formation service that includes articles of organization, an online dashboard, deadline updates, copies, and important documents.
- LLC Essentials Package ($249 + State Filing Fees): The Essentials package includes everything from the starter package plus a corporate kit with a personalized binder, a company seal, and membership certificates.
- LLC The Works Package ($349 + State Filing Fees): The Works package includes everything from previous packages, a business license research package, and an operation agreement.
- Registered agent service ($235/year): The company can be your designated agent and your contact point with the Secretary of State.
Incorporate.com offers the following business formation and compliance-related services including:
- S-Corp Registration starts at $99 + state fees
- C-Corp Registration starts at $99 + state fees
- Nonprofit Registration starts at $99 + state fees
- Registered Agent Service $235
- Operating Agreement $99
- EIN Filing $80
- Annual Report Filing $150/yr
- Doing Business As (DBAs) $150
- Business Licenses $99
- Certificate of Good Standing $70
- Stocks and Membership Certificates $1.50
- Corporate Kit $99
Based on my observation and positive client feedback, I've compiled a list of benefits you can personally experience if you use the platform.
- Large Suite Of Services: Incorporate.com offers a comprehensive range of services for forming and maintaining businesses, including operations agreements, bylaws drafting, business license searches, certificates of good standing, annual report services, and EIN . According to IRS, with over 90% of EIN applications now submitted online, the IRS offers a streamlined process for businesses located in the United States or U.S. Territories, reflecting the system's efficiency and accessibility.
- Good Customer Support: The company demonstrates prompt and professional customer support, with email inquiries answered within a day.
- Ease Of Use: Incorporate.com's website is user-friendly, simplifying the business formation process and aiding in selecting suitable business entities.
- Honest Turnaround Time: They provide accurate estimates of document turnaround times, with my experience receiving LLC formation documents in three business days.
- Compliance Guarantee: Incorporate.com assures resolution of any filing errors on their part or compensation up to $75,000.
- Online Learning Center: Access to comprehensive guidelines and modules on incorporation benefits and investment protection is provided, which is valuable for business owners and entrepreneurs.
- Business Experience: With over a century in the industry and has assisted over 750,000 business entities, Incorporate.com is recognized for its experience and quality service.
Despite Incorporate.com being one of the best formation services, here are some downsides you may experience.
- Expensive Registered Agent Service: Incorporate.com charges $235 per year for their registered agent service, notably higher than many competitors, some of whom offer this service for free with their formation packages.
- Expensive Packages: The starter package at Incorporate.com is priced at $99, which is relatively high and only includes basic filing services without key essentials like an operating agreement or an annual report filing service.
Who Should Hire Incorporate.com?
Clients who place a high value on a company's experience level should hire Incorporate.com.
I recommend Incorporate.com for business owners who:
- Can benefit from the compliance guarantee.
- Don't need registered agent services.
Other User Testimonials
For a company that has been in existence for over 100 years, Incorporate.com doesn't have many reviews on external sites.
Of those found on external sites, there were only nine, and most of the reviews were negative. You can find a lot of positive quotes on their website, however.
Comparison To Other Services
Since I'm in the position to objectively rate service providers, I shall be comparing Incorporate.com with its top rivals.
It is tough to beat ZenBusiness company when it comes to pricing because their starter package is free ($0 + state fee).
By comparison, Incorporate.com starts at $99 plus the state fee, and the package only covers the basics.
ZenBusiness also offers worry-free compliance in their Starter plan free of charge for the first year.
ZenBusiness doesn't include registered agent service in its formation packages like Incorporate.com.
However, their service costs $99 a year for the first year and then $199 a year, while Incorporate.com offers registered agent service for $235 per year.
Looking for a detailed analysis of this organization? Check out Venture Smarter review of ZenBusiness for more information.
2. Northwest Registered Agent
Northwest Registered Agent's pricing starts at $39 for incorporation services, while Incorporate.com charges $99.
Regarding features, Northwest Registered Agent includes a year of registered agent service free for the first year, and it costs $125 per year after that.
Incorporate.com doesn't offer registered agent service in any package and charges $235 annually.
While Incorporate.com has a strong customer service reputation with good responsiveness, Northwest Registered agent is known for its beyond-customer service offerings.
Bizee's (formerly Incfile) services start at $0 and offer a registered agent service for $119.
After the first year, registered agent service renews at $119 per year, while Incorporate.com's cheapest package starts at $99, and they charge $235 per year for registered agent services.
Bizee also offers an LLC process within one business day, and while Incorporate.com tells you the timing you can expect, they don't offer next-day service.
Is Incorporate.com Legitimate?
Yes, Incorporate.com is legitimate and has been around since 1899. It is owned and run by the Corporation Service Company and has helped form over 750,000 businesses.
What Are The Main Services That Incorporate.com Offers?
The main services that Incorporate.com offers are annual report drafting, stock processing, membership certificates, business licenses, and other LLC formation services.
Venture Smarter Verdict on Incorporate.com
Incorporate.com has vast experience and a comprehensive suite of services.
However, one glaring downside I noticed is the expensive registered agent service, starting at $235 per year, which isn't even included in any of its formation packages.
On that note, if you're considering forming an LLC, I'd recommend giving ZenBusiness a try.
Not only does ZenBusiness offer a starter package for free (just pay the state fee), but they also provide worry-free compliance in their Starter plan free of charge for the first year.
Their registered agent service is also more affordable than Incorporate.com's.
Drawing from practical experience, ZenBusiness offers a more budget-friendly and comprehensive solution for LLC formation.