How to File an LLC Annual Report in New Hampshire? (Guide)
Operating a Limited Liability Company (LLC) in New Hampshire requires consistent maintenance and fulfilling several annual obligations, one of which is submitting an annual report.
As an LLC expert with over a decade of experience, I've helped multiple businesses file an annual report.
I understand the importance of keeping track of these obligations and how they can significantly impact the overall operation of your LLC.
In this comprehensive guide, I will walk you through filing an LLC annual report in New Hampshire, from understanding its purpose to meeting deadlines and fees.
- A New Hampshire LLC annual report is a crucial yearly filing used to maintain compliance and preserve good standing with the state.
- The due date for filing the New Hampshire LLC annual report is April 1 each year and it costs $100.
- Failing to meet the annual report deadline can result in penalties including dissolution.
- LLC owners can file the report online on the SOS website or by mail.
What Is a New Hampshire LLC Annual Report?
A New Hampshire LLC annual report is a mandatory document that limited liability companies must submit yearly to the state .
This report provides the state with crucial information about your company, including the names and addresses of directors or managing members and the company's registered agent and principal office address.
Drawing from our experience, the primary purpose of filing the annual report is to maintain good standing with the New Hampshire Secretary of State and to comply with state regulations.
How to File a New Hampshire Annual Report?
To file a New Hampshire annual report, you choose between online or mail filings.
The following are the steps to file a New Hampshire annual report online:
- Go to the NH QuickStart website
- Create a new account and log in or log in if you already have an account
- Click “Business services” from the NH QuickStart side menu on your dashboard
- Click “File an annual report/fee”
- Search your LLC by name or by its business ID
- Select your LLC from the list and click “Continue”
- You should see the current year selected. Click “File an Annual Report/Annual Fee/Nonprofit Report”
2. By Mail
You can file the annual report by completing the paper form and mailing it to the New Hampshire Secretary of State Office.
When trying this filing method, we had to the Secretary of State and request a paper form of the annual report. Once they emailed us the PDF document, we completed your business details and printed it.
You also have the option to contact the Annual Report Request Line at 603-271-8200 and leave a voicemail requesting that a Form be sent to you via mail.
To complete the process, you can pay for the filing using a check or money order payable to the Secretary of state.
Corporation Division NH Department of the NH Department of State
107 N. Main St., Concord, NH 03301
What to Include in the Annual Report?
Here are the key pieces of information that you typically need to include when filing your New Hampshire LLC annual report:
- Business Name: The legal name of your LLC in New Hampshire.
- Business ID Number: Your unique identifier given by the New Hampshire Secretary of State.
- Principal Office Address: The main business address of your LLC.
- Mailing Address: If different from the principal office address, you will need to include a separate mailing address.
- Registered Agent Information: The name and address of your New Hampshire registered agent.
- Name and Address of Managers or Members: If the LLC is member-managed, list the name and address of each LLC member.
- Nature of Business: A brief description of the primary activities of the business.
- Authorized Signature: The report must be signed by an authorized representative of the LLC.
- Filing Fee: There is a fee associated with filing the LLC annual report.
- Date of Filing: The date on which the report is filed.
How early can I file my Annual Report?
All limited liability companies, both domestic and foreign, can file an LLC annual report in New Hampshire as early as January 1st.
Regardless of the type of business you operate, it's crucial to understand the specific filing requirements for your organization to maintain compliance with state regulations.
- How to Set Up an LLC in New Hampshire
- Looking Up an LLC in New Hampshire
- Top LLC Formation Services in New Hampshire
What is the filing fee for the report?
The annual report filing fee is $100. However, there is also a late fee of $50 which will be paid besides the report filing fee .
This fee needs to be paid on an annual basis. If you submit the report online, there is an additional $2 fee for this convenience.
Including the appropriate payment when submitting your report is essential, as failure to do so can result in delays or penalties.
When preparing your payment, include the correct amount for your filing method (online or by mail) and any late fees, if applicable.
What is the due date for submitting the report?
The New Hampshire annual report is due on April 1 of each year, and you should submit it to the New Hampshire Department of State, Corporations Division within this time.
What are the penalties for not filling out the LLC Annual Report?
In New Hampshire, businesses are subject to a $50 penalty for not submitting their annual report on time.
Nonprofit organizations, while exempt from this late fee, still face the possibility of administrative dissolution or revocation for non-compliance.
Who Is Authorized To File the LLC Annual Report in New Hampshire?
An LLC officer/director, member/manager, or an external party like an attorney is authorized to file the annual report in New Hampshire. Alternatively, you can engage third-party registered agent services to handle the process, where they will prepare and submit your New Hampshire Annual Report for you.
Will You Receive a Reminder To File the New Hampshire Annual Report?
Yes, you will receive a reminder to file the New Hampshire annual report from the state 2-3 months before the deadline. You can also track the annual report deadline via your online dashboard on the SOS website.
How Can I Verify That My LLC Annual Report Was Successfully Filed in New Hampshire?
To confirm that your LLC Annual Report has been successfully filed in New Hampshire, you can utilize the New Hampshire Secretary of State's business search tool on their website. By entering the name of your LLC, you can access its filing history. If your annual report has been filed and processed, this should be reflected in the business's records.
Do You Need Help Filing Your New Hampshire Annual Report?
Being new to filing an LLC annual report in New Hampshire can be daunting, especially if you juggle multiple business aspects.
Understanding legal jargon, ensuring accuracy, and meeting deadlines while maintaining your day-to-day operations can be challenging.
This is why you need to hire top professional services such as Bizee (formerly Incfile) to help you prepare, fill, and submit your New Hampshire annual report.
They are efficient and can help your business have a smoother operation in New Hampshire with no fuss.