How to File an LLC Annual Report in Missouri? (Full Guide)
To remain in good standing, you must file annual reports through the Missouri annual report service.
As a business consultant with over a decade of experience collaborating with various businesses and helping them file annual reports, I understand all the steps you need to take.
This article will cover everything you need about annual report forms and help you finish this process easily.
- Filing an annual report is mandatory for any business registered in Missouri to remain in good standing with the Missouri Secretary of State.
- The annual report can be filed online for a fee of $10, or by paper for $15. The report is due by the end of the month in which the business was initially filed.
- The penalty for not filing the annual report is a $15 late filing fee for each 30 days that the report is overdue.
- It's important to prioritize timely filing to maintain good standing and avoid penalties such as administrative dissolution.
What Is A Missouri Annual Report?
A Missouri annual report is a required business filing that must be performed by any business registered with the Missouri Secretary of State .
Companies update any information that has changed since their last annual report filing, such as the Missouri business address, Missouri LLC's ownership information, etc.
How To File A Missouri Annual Report?
To file a Missouri annual report, you must submit all the required documents to the Secretary of State by mail or online.
1. Online Filings
You can use the annual report service to file an annual report online by following these steps:
- Visit the Missouri Business online portal and log in.
- Enter the charter number or search by the name of foreign and domestic corporations for the business you are filing your report for.
- Click “File an annual report online.”
- If you have previously filed, your information will populate; if not, there will be a blank annual report. Ensure all the details match your entity and the report type is correct.
- Submit and print the annual report.
To complete the online filing process, pay the filing fees using one of the following methods:
- American Express
In our initial annual report filing, we chose to file online and paid the filing fee with a credit card; we incurred an additional $1.25 fee for the online payments.
Once you submit the yearly report online, you will be able to access all forms on the dashboard or have them emailed or mailed to you.
2. Mail Filings
In our second round of filing, we submitted our annual report through the mail by downloading the annual renewal paper form and mailing it to the state.
This is how to do mail filings, step by step:
- After creating an account and logging in on the Missouri Secretary of State website, go to the business filings landing page
- Look for the box titled Registration Reports
- Click “Print Registration Report”
- Enter the charter number or search by the name of the entity
- Click print Blank Annual Report
- Make sure the entity details match your entity; the report type is your chosen type
- Click “Print Blank Annual Report”
We appreciate that the Secretary of State accepts different payment methods for mail filing, including:
- Money order
Direct your paper Missouri LLC annual report to the following address:
Missouri Corporations Unit
James C. Kirkpatrick State Information Center
P.O. Box 778
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Drawing from our experience, the Missouri Secretary of State takes about 5 business days to approve mailed annual reports.
What to Include in the Annual Report?
You must provide the following information when filing a Missouri LLC annual report:
- Company/business name
- The principal executive office address
- Missouri registered agent full name and office address
- Email address
During our filing, we were also updating/changing our registered agent information, and we had to include written consent from the new registered agent.
How early can I file my Annual Report?
In Missouri, LLC can file their annual reports as early as the start of 1st month following the registration anniversary month.
What is the filing fee for the report?
The LLC annual report filing fee in Missouri is $15 for paper filing and $10 for online filing.
Missouri also offers biennial report filing for $30 by paper and $20 online.
For corporation and non-profit entities, there is a $21.25 online filing fee for the annual report or $45 for mail submissions.
What is the due date for submitting the report?
You can file your LLC annual report online at the end of the month your business was initially filed.
For corporations existing prior that were incorporated on or after July 1st, 2003, the annual report is due at the end of the month your business was filed.
For any company incorporated before July 1st, 2003, the annual report deadline is at the end of the month indicated by your last yearly report filing online.
What are the penalties for not filling out the LLC Annual Report?
The penalties for not filing an annual report in Missouri include the following:
- Administrative Dissolution: If an LLC fails to file its Annual Report, the state may administratively dissolve the LLC. This means the LLC would lose its legal status as a registered business entity in the state.
- Loss of Good Standing: Not filing the Annual Report can result in the LLC losing its good standing with the state. This can impact the LLC's ability to conduct business, enter into contracts, and access financing.
- Potential Penalties and Fees: Any late-filed annual reports are charged a $15 filing fee for each 30 days that the annual report is late with the Corporations Division.
- How to Set Up an LLC in Missouri
- Premium LLC Formation Services in Missouri
- Cost of an LLC in Missouri
Will You Receive a Reminder to File the Missouri Annual Report?
Yes, you will receive a reminder to file the Missouri annual report. These reminders might be sent via email or through other communication methods registered with the Secretary of State's office.
Who Is Authorized to File the LLC Annual Report in Missouri?
A member or manager of the LLC, or a qualified representative such as an accountant or attorney is authorized to file the LLC annual report in Missouri.
How Can I Verify That My LLC Annual Report Was Successfully Filed in Missouri?
You can verify that your LLC annual report was successfully filed in Missouri through the Secretary of State's online filing system. Once you submit you should also receive a confirmation of the filing via email.
Do You Need Help Filing Your Mississippi Annual Report?
If you don't think that filing your annual report yourself is a good idea, it's best to seek professional assistance. Annual report filing in Missouri must be completed online or by mail by the end of the month of your initial filing to prevent any late filing fees.
We recommend hiring a professional LLC service like Bizee (formerly Incfile) to help you throughout this process. Bizee makes filing your annual report straightforward by keeping track of due dates, changing requirements, filing method options, and more.
Bizee (formerly Incfile) will help you file your annual report and register as fast as possible so you can save time, stay compliant, and focus on your business instead of deadlines.