How Long Does It Take To Form an LLC in West Virginia?
The time it takes to form an LLC in West Virginia would vary depending on the standard or expedited service opted for by the LLC owner.
To expedite your application process within the standard timeframe, consider using an LLC service in West Virginia. Their consultants are well-versed in the necessary documents and submission procedures to the Secretary of State, ensuring efficiency.
As a business consultant with over a decade of experience in the field, I will explain how long it takes to form an LLC in West Virginia and how you can do it.
- It takes around 5–10 business days to form an LLC in West Virginia by standard filing through e-mail, fax or online.
- The state offers expedited filing options. You can choose between a $500 1-hour filing, $250 2-hour service or $25 24-hour option.
- Filing in person requires an expedited assessment fee of $25.
- Based on my experience with forming a West Virginia LLC, the actual filing time may be prolonged by certain factors.
What is The Fastest Way to Start an LLC in West Virginia?
Expedited processing is the fastest way to start an LLC in West Virginia. Registering your LLC using this service requires completing and paying for your online Secretary of State filing.
Our research shows that the costs include $500 for a 1-hour processing time, $250 for a 2-hour processing time, and $25 for a 24-hour processing time .
When filing in person, state clearly in your cover letter the type of expedited service that you are requesting and include your contact information.
Once processed and approved, your filing will be returned by U.S.P.S regular mail.
LLC Processing Time in West Virginia
The West Virginia Secretary of State offers several ways to file for an LLC – e-mail, FAX, in person and online.
1. Expedited West Virginia LLC Processing Time By E-mail or FAX (24-hour processing + $25)
Once you’re finished with the online registration, download and complete the Customer Order Request form, select the level of expedited service (1-hour, 2-hour, or 24-hour), and then send the completed form to [email protected] .
A client of mine opted for the 2-hour, $250 expedited service option and was satisfied that the transaction was completed within that timeframe.
2. Non-Expedited West Virginia LLC Processing Time By E-mail or Fax (5-10 business days)
The standard processing time for a West Virginia LLC is between 5 to 10 business days.
You must attach the e-Payment authorization form and your credit card information along with the submission for the application to be processed.
Email the required documents to [email protected].
3. West Virginia LLC Processing Time Online (5-10 business days)
If you choose the online option, you must file a registration form with the Secretary of State through the official business portal of West Virginia.
With online filings, you will need to pay a $100 filing fee, and you can expect your LLC Articles of Organization to get processed within 5–10 business days.
You can hasten the process by downloading and completing the Customer Request Form and choosing your preferred level of expedited service.
Factors Influencing the Formation Timeline of West Virginia LLCs
Although there is an established timeline for the processing, there are some incontingencies that may extend the duration. These are some of them:
- Method of filing: Filing using expedited service will streamline the process, while standard submission extends the processing for up to 10 days.
- Processing issues: The agency reserves the right to extend the expedited service period during extreme volumes of processed documents, staff shortages, or technical malfunctions.
- Time of the year: Most businesses apply and renew during the end or the beginning of the year, which causes the formation timeline to be extended.
- Documents: Documentation problems such as lack or inaccurate information may also prolong the formation process. Ensure all your papers are in order before submitting or filing.
Where can I Check the Status of My West Virginia LLC Formation During the Processing Period?
You can check the status of your West Virginia LLC formation during the processing period by contacting the Secretary of State's office.
Do I Need a Business License To Form An LLC In West Virginia?
You need a business license to form an LLC in West Virginia. You may apply with the state tax department within the city or county of your LLC, and pay a $30 fee.