Looking for information on how to lookup a South Dakota LLC? You've come to the right place!
In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about the South Dakota LLC lookup.
We will also discuss different ways that you can conduct a search for business entities or LLCs in South Dakota. Stay tuned for more information!
How Do I Look Up an LLC in South Dakota?
Here's what you can do to lookup LLCs or search for business entities in South Dakota:
- The first step is to gain access to the Business Entity Search tool, which is the Division of Business Services, on the South Dakota Secretary of State website.
- On the site, you will see a pointer arrow icon. You will want to click on that.
- You will then see the "Business Services" tab. Make sure to click on that, too. A list of boxes will then appear.
- Click on the 'Search for Business Information' box.
- Once you have found the state's database, after scrolling down, you will then be taken to a search page where you can enter the business name you are looking for.
- Once you have entered the information that you are looking for, click on the "Search" button.
You will see a list of results that match your search criteria. If you click on a specific result, you will be taken to a page that contains more detailed information about the business entity.
Information for South Dakota LLC Lookup
Business entity search results from the South Dakota Secretary of State website will typically include the entity name, entity number, filing date, status, and registered agent information.
You can also view information such as the business ID, entity type filing date, status, registered agent, and annual report due date.
The entity type can also be found on the entity's filings with the South Dakota Secretary of State. This can be either "domestic" or "foreign."
"Domestic" means the entity was formed in South Dakota. "Foreign" means the entity was formed in another state or country and is registered to do business in South Dakota.
South Dakota Search Options
The Secretary of State's Office offers different search options:
- The Basic Business Search is a free service that allows you to search for business entities by business name or business ID number.
- The Advanced Business Search is a paid service that allows you to search for businesses by additional criteria, such as filing type, date range, and officer/director name.
When searching for an LLC in South Dakota, it's important to know what search options are available to you. With this information, you'll be able to find the LLC you're looking for in no time.
What Is Required To Start A Business In South Dakota?
To start an LLC in South Dakota, you'll need to file the Articles of Organization with the Secretary of State's office. The filing fee is $165.
You will also need to appoint a registered agent. The registered agent must have a physical address in South Dakota and be available during business hours to accept service of process on behalf of the LLC.
Do You Need A Business License In South Dakota?
According to the South Dakota Secretary of State's website, "South Dakota does not have a general business license.
However, some businesses such as daycare centers, real estate brokers, and insurance agents are required to have a state professional or occupational license."
Can I Change The Name Of My Llc In South Dakota?
Yes, you can do so by filing a NEW DBA-Business Name and canceling the unused name.
Is It Important To File Annual Reports?
Yes. If you don't file an annual report, your business entity will be administratively dissolved or revoked.
This means that your business will no longer exist, and you will no longer have any legal rights or obligations as a business entity.
Looking Up an LLC in South Dakota: Final Word
Now that you know ways to lookup an LLC in South Dakota, you can get started on your business venture.
Be sure to file all the necessary paperwork and pay any required fees so that your business is in compliance with state law. Good luck!