How To Look Up an LLC In North Dakota? (Simple Guide)
To look up an LLC in North Dakota whether to find an available name or to simply search for a particular business, perform a North Dakota business entity search.
With extensive expertise as a business consultant for limited liability companies across various states and my in-depth research on the subject, I will provide you with a comprehensive guide on conducting a business entity search in North Dakota.
Collaborating with a team of lawyers and legal advisors, we have curated all legal information you need for a successful search.
- To look up an LLC in North Dakota, you can go to the Secretary of State website and use the business entity search tool.
- You can use the system ID number or business name to generate results.
- You will be able to view basic information about the LLC including the entity name, business type, status, address, formation date and registered agent.
How Do I Look Up an LLC in North Dakota?
To look up an LLC in North Dakota, the North Dakota Secretary of State's website is an excellent resource for anyone looking to find information about businesses.
Here's a simple way to look up a limited liability company on the Secretary of State's website:
- Go to the business search page on the Secretary of State's website.
- From there, you can enter the business name of the LLC you are searching for. If you have the business name, you will also need to select the business entity type from the drop-down menu.
- After you have entered the required information, click on the search button to begin your search.
- If you find the LLC you are looking for on the Secretary of State's website, you will be able to view the business entity details.
North Dakota Search Options
The North Dakota search options can be accessed on the Secretary of State website. Business entities can be searched by business name or system ID number.
1. System ID Number Search
If you search by system ID number, you will be able to find the most up-to-date information on the LLC. The system ID number is unique to each LLC and helps track the entity.
Simply enter the information into the designated field and click 'Search.' The results will display the business entity associated with that number.
2. Business Name Search
If you have the business name, enter it into the proper field and click 'Search.' Note that if you search by name, the results may not reflect the most up-to-date information.
This is because the name is not unique, and there may be multiple LLCs with the same name. However, searching by name may help you narrow down your results.
Information for North Dakota LLC Lookup
The information for North Dakota LLC lookup can be viewed online. Once you have found the business you’re looking for, you can access basic information about the company.
When you select a business name from the results, the page will display the following information:
- Entity name
- Filing type
- Term of duration
- Physical address
- Mailing address
- North Dakota registered agent
If you intend to do business with the entity you’re searching for, you can find out if the LLC is in good standing with the state and view any filings or documents that have been submitted to the North Dakota Secretary of State.
North Dakota Business Structure Naming Considerations
Follow the North Dakota business structure naming considerations when choosing a name for your business entity for your limited liability company to be approved and registered with the North Dakota Secretary of State.
It is important to keep in mind the following naming considerations:
- Business names should include the terms “LLC,” “L.L.C” or “Limited Liability Company”.
- Your preferred entity name should be distinguishable from other businesses registered with the North Carolina Secretary of State.
- The name of the LLC should reflect the purpose outlined in the Articles of Organization .
- Business entities can be named after their business type, such as "LLC" or "Corporation."
- They can also be named after their business purpose, such as "XYZ Company LLC" or "ABC Corporation."
- Do not use terms that may imply association with government agencies such as “Federal,” “Treasury” or “Secret Service”.
- It is also important to note that business entities can use abbreviations in their business names, such as "Co." for "Company" and "Inc." for "Incorporated."
If you need to change an LLC name in North Dakota, process is not complicated.
- How to Close an LLC in North Dakota
- Top LLC Formation Services in North Dakota
- How Much Does an LLC in North Dakota Cost
How Do I Reserve A Business Name In North Dakota?
To reserve a business name in North Dakota, you'll need to submit a completed Name Reservation Request form, along with the $10 filing fee, to the office of the North Dakota Secretary of State.
How Do I Get A Certificate Of Good Standing In North Dakota?
To get a certificate of good standing in North Dakota, you'll need to submit a request to the office of the North Dakota Secretary of State. You can do this online, by mail, or in person.
Looking Up an LLC in North Dakota
Looking up an LLC in North Dakota can be accomplished online by visiting the Secretary of State website. You'll also be able to find out other relevant information about the business name you're looking for.
After verifying if your preferred entity name is available, you can finally start your LLC in North Dakota.