If you intend to look up a limited liability company in Arkansas to start a company or find out information about a specific business entity, the article will provide the necessary steps to complete the process.
As an experienced business consultant specializing in Limited Liability Companies, I have over a decade of legal practice helping clients with Arkansas LLC formation.
After extensive research and collaboration with our panel of legal advisors, I will provide vital information to address your business name search concern.
- To look up an LLC in Arkansas, go to the Arkansas Secretary of State website and enter the business name or filing number in the search box.
- The information that can be obtained through an Arkansas business search includes the date of formation, business entity status, physical address, and registered agent.
- The Arkansas Secretary of State requires owners to include ‘LLC or L.L.C’ when naming their entity.
How Do I Look up an LLC in Arkansas?
To look up an LLC in Arkansas, follow these steps:
- Go to the Arkansas Secretary of State website. From the government agency website, you will want to click on the Business Services link.
- Once you are on the Business Services page, you will want to select the option for Entity Lookup.
- From there, you will be able to search for a business entity by name or by filing number. If you know the name of the LLC that you are looking up, we recommend searching by business name.
- This will provide you with a list of results that match your query.
- Once you have found the business entity that you are looking for, click on its name to view more information about it.
Information such as business names, types of businesses, or LLC registered agents will be made available to you.
Arkansas Business Entity Search Options
You will be presented with three different Arkansas business entity search options when you are performing an Arkansas LLC name search on the Arkansas Secretary of State website. These include the following:
1. Business Entity Search
You can do an Arkansas business search by name. We recommend this option if you know the exact name of the LLC that you are looking for.
Once you have selected your search option on the Arkansas Secretary of State site, simply enter the relevant information and click "Search."
If you are searching by business name, you will be able to choose from a list of results that match your query.
2. Filing Number Search
You can also search by filing number. This option can be helpful if you are unsure of the exact name of the LLC.
If you are searching by filing number, you will be taken directly to the profile of the LLC that you were looking for.
Information for Arkansas Business Entity Search
Now that you know how to conduct a business entity search in Arkansas using the Arkansas Secretary of State website, let's go over some of the information that you will be able to find.
When you view a business entity profile, you will be able to see the following information:
- The LLC's business name and filing number
- The date of formation
- The status of the LLC
- The registered agent and their contact information
- The principal address
- A list of filings made by the LLC
This information can be helpful if you are trying to learn more about a specific company. It can also be useful if you are trying to confirm that an LLC is in good standing with the state.
Other Considerations Before Naming an Arkansas Business
There are certain considerations before naming an Arkansas business entity. Laws and restrictions apply and should be followed.
These include the following:
- The title must include LLC or limited liability company to be valid.
- Words that may be confused with federal agencies, such as the CIA and FBI, are not allowed.
- Your Arkansas LLC name should be unique and can be distinguishable from other companies .
If you intend to change the name of your Arkansas LLC, you can do so by following Arkansas Secretary of State requirements.
Any Arkansas business only requires that the business names you reserve be distinct from other registered companies registered within state law.
How Much Does It Cost to Register a Business Name in Arkansas?
It costs $45 to register a business name in Arkansas, which covers online filing for your Certificate of Organization. An additional $5 fee is included for paper filings.
Why Do I Need to Register My Business Name in Arkansas?
You need to register your business name in Arkansas to have legal ownership and to establish legality and credibility.
How Do I Find Out if a Business Name Is Available in Arkansas?
To find out if a business name is available in Arkansas, use the Arkansas business entity search. The most efficient search will include your choice of names, excluding the identifier like limited liability company.
How Long Does It Take To Do an Arkansas LLC Name Search?
It takes no more than a minute to do an Arkansas LLC name search if you already know the name or filing number.
Is There Any Other Information I Can Find About an LLC in Arkansas?
Other information you can find about an LLC in Arkansas includes the following:
- The date of dissolution (if applicable)
- A list of officers and directors
- A list of members
- The LLC's Articles of Incorporation
- The LLC's operating agreement
These documents can be helpful if you are trying to learn more about how an LLC is structured or how it operates.
Arkansas LLC Lookup
The best way to look up an LLC in Arkansas is by searching for the business name or filing number. You will be able to view important information about the LLC on the Arkansas Secretary of State website. In some cases, using the business bank account could yield some results too.
Once you have established an LLC name, you can begin with forming your LLC. Starting a new LLC in Arkansas entails following statutory requirements and filing the necessary legal documents.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to us to get business advice delivered straight. We would be more than happy to help. Thanks for reading.