How Long Does It Take To Form An LLC In New Hampshire?
The New Hampshire Secretary of State reports a steady increase of approximately 20% annually in new LLC registrations, indicating continuous growth in the state's business environment and an increasing interest among entrepreneurs.
If you plan to start a New Hampshire LLC, you might have many questions about the process, the cost, the timeline and the requirements it takes to file.
As a Master's Degree holder in Tax Law and an expert in Mergers and Acquisitions, I have considerable experience in the formation, management and maintenance of different business entities including limited liability companies.
In collaboration with our team of experts, we will share with you the different filing options you could use and their corresponding processing times.
- It takes around 10 to 15 days to form an LLC in New Hampshire by mail and online.
- New Hampshire offers expedited filing in person for $25. The state will approve your LLC formation papers in a few days.
- Data from the New Hampshire Department of Revenue Administration indicates that over 80% of LLC registrations in the state are submitted online.
- To avoid delays in the application, I tell clients to review their LLC formation papers, file during a Monday and opt for the expedited filing option.
What is The Fastest Way to Start an LLC in New Hampshire?
The fastest way to start an LLC in New Hampshire is by filing in person using the expedited processing service. The state will process the documents within a few days.
In person filing is available through the state’s Customer Lobby, Division Corporation Office from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Before visiting the office, I make sure to prepare all required formation documents, as well as the state and processing fee.
LLC Processing Time in New Hampshire
The LLC processing time will depend on the method of filing with the state.
You can file your New Hampshire LLC via mail, online, or in person, or avail of expedited filing.
1. Expedited New Hampshire LLC Processing Time In Person (A Few Days + $25)
The state of New Hampshire only offers expedited service for in person filings, which costs $25. Accelerated filing can speed up the process by a few days .
2. Non-Expedited New Hampshire LLC Processing Time By Mail (3-5 weeks)
Filing your New Hampshire LLC by mail typically takes three to five weeks.
In my experience, the actual filing takes 10 to 15 business days, plus the additional time for your approved documents to be sent to you via mail.
3. New Hampshire LLC Processing Time Online (10-15 business days)
If you file your LLC online, you can expect the processing time to take between 10 to 15 business days.
Once the state approved the application, I received an email immediately and there was additional transit time.
Data from the New Hampshire Department of Revenue Administration indicates that over 80% of LLC registrations in the state are submitted online.
4. New Hampshire LLC Processing Time In Person (10-15 business days)
The approval time is 10 to 15 business days when filing in person. Once approved, I had to come back in and get the LLC approved documents.
Learn more about the correct cost for an LLC in New Hampshire.
"Avoid common mistakes by double-checking New Hampshire specific requirements before filing." - Jon Morgan, CEO and Editor-in-Chief of Venture Smarter
Factors Influencing The Formation Timeline Of New Hampshire LLCs
When forming an LLC in New Hampshire, consider the different factors that can affect the state’s approval time:
- Method of filing: Standard processing takes longer due to the volume of applications received by the state. I always avail of the expedited service when I help clients form LLCs in New Hampshire, since it’s cost-effective and more convenient.
- Issues in your LLC formation papers: The state will reject documents with inaccurate details and incomplete information. The time it takes to correct the mistakes affects the formation timeline.
- Weekends and holidays: If you file before the weekend or holidays, the state can process your formation documents during business days.
Where Can I Check the Status of My New Hampshire LLC Formation During the Processing Period?
You can check the status of your New Hampshire LLC formation during the processing period through the online Business Search portal. Simply input the filing number and click on "Search".
Can a Registered Agent Expedite the Process of Forming an LLC in New Hampshire?
A registered agent cannot expedite the process of forming an LLC in New Hampshire since the Department of State determines the processing the approval times.
Does New Hampshire Require a Business License?
New Hampshire doesn’t require a business license. However, depending on the nature of your business, you may need a special license or a license to operate in a specific locality.
New Hampshire LLC Processing Times
LLC formation documents can be filed by mail, in person or through online application. Standard processing time is 10 to 15 business days while expedited service only takes a few days.
To guide you through the process, you can hire a New Hampsire LLC formation service provider.
They can help with the online filing of your Certificate of Formation, open a business bank account, act as your registered agent, and keep your business in good standing with the state.