If you are looking to start a New Hampshire LLC, you might have many questions about the process, including cost, the time it takes to file, and more.
We have formed several LLCs in New Hampshire, so we can help guide you through this process.
In this article, we will review the time it takes to create a New Hampshire LLC with various filing methods.
- It takes around 10 to 15 days to file a New Hampshire LLC. You can file online, in person, or via mail.
- If you file your New Hampshire LLCs online, it takes around 10 to 15 business days to process, mail takes 3 to 5 weeks, and in person takes 2 to 3 days.
- New Hampshire also offers expedited filing in person for $25.
How Long Does It Take To Form An LLC In New Hampshire?
It takes around 10 to 15 days to form a New Hampshire LLC with the New Hampshire Secretary of State .
You can file your New Hampshire LLC via mail, online, or in person. New Hampshire also offers expedited filing for your limited liability company.
New Hampshire LLC Processing Time
Your LLC processing time will ultimately depend on the method of filing with the state. Some methods are faster than others.
1. Online Filings
If you file your LLC online, you can expect the processing time to take between 10 to 15 days.
Once your LLC is approved, the approval is sent by email, so there is no additional transit time to get the approval to you.
2. Mail Filings
Filing your New Hampshire LLC by mail typically takes three to five weeks.
The actual filing takes 10 to 15 business days, and there is additional time for your approved documents to be sent to you via mail.
3. In-Person Filings
New Hampshire also offers New Hampshire LLCs filing for Certificate of formation, operating agreements, annual reports, and more in person.
The approval time is 2 to 3 business days when filing in person, and once approved, you will need to come back in and get your approved documents.
4. Expedited Filings
New Hampshire offers expedited filing service in person for $25.
Expedited filing can speed up your filing by a few days.
Learn more about the correct cost for an LLC in New Hampshire.
Steps To Begin An LLC In New Hampshire
To start a New Hampshire LLC, follow these steps :
- Look up an LLC in New Hampshire and choose an available business name
- Choose your New Hampshire registered agent service
- Prepare and file your Certificate of Formation
- Get your New Hampshire Certificate of Formation from the NH dept of State
- Create your LLC operating agreement
- Get any LLC business licenses or permits
- Get an employer identification number (EIN) from the Internal Revenue Service
- Consider any additional permits required by the Corporation division NH dept
- Register with the New Hampshire Tax agency to pay any taxes necessary, including business enterprise tax
- Open a business bank account
- Purchase limited liability protection insurance for your LLC and LLC members
- File any LLC annual report for your Certificate of Formation within the filing window
What Is The Speediest Way To Get A New Hampshire LLC?
The speediest way to get a New Hampshire LLC is to file in person, which just takes a couple of days. They also offer in-person expedited filing to get your LLC filed faster.
Does New Hampshire Require Business Licenses?
No, New Hampshire doesn’t require a business license. There is no state general business license; however, depending on your business, you may need a special license or a license to operate in a specific locality.
Do I Have To Renew My New Hampshire LLC?
Yes, you will have to renew your LLC every year in New Hampshire by filing an annual report. Filing the annual report keeps your LLC in good standing with the state.
Should You Hire An LLC Service In New Hampshire?
Hiring an LLC service won't’ get your LLC approved any faster because they still have to wait for the state to accept your filing.
However, there are several benefits of hiring an LLC service.
Hiring an LLC service prevents you from managing all the paperwork required to form your LLC and keep it up to date.
An LLC service can help you file your operating agreement, help with the online filing of your Certificate of Formation, open a business bank account, act as your registered agent, and keep up to date on business law to keep your business in good standing.
These are the best LLC formation services in New Hampshire that can help you through the entire process from start to finish and answer any questions you may have throughout the process.