Forming a limited liability corporation in Nevada provides you with the advantages of limited liability, simple governance, and pass-through taxation.
Even though you and your stockholders may want to enjoy these privileges as quickly as possible, it's crucial to understand how long it takes the Nevada Secretary of State to approve LLC registration forms.
Working with our qualified LLC and business specialists who have been in the industry for fifteen years, we investigated the Nevada Secretary of State's website for potential LLC filing alternatives and processing timelines.
Here's all you need to know.
- Forming an LLC in Nevada takes 5-6 weeks by mail and less than 1 day if you file online.
- All online business filings in Nevada are available on the SilverFlume website.
- The Nevada SOS offers three expedited processing options for LLC registration.
How Long Does It Take To Form an LLC in Nevada?
It takes 5-6 weeks to form an LLC in Nevada by mail and up to one business day if you file online.
The Nevada Secretary of State provides additional filing options with faster processing timeframes.
You may file your LLC papers by email or in person.
And you can also pay an additional fee for expedited processing.
Nevada LLC Processing Time
Here are the different filing methods the Nevada SOS offers and their processing times.
1. Online Filings
Online LLC filing can be made via SilverFlume, Nevada's business portal, and is processed within the same day of filing .
You must create an account on the website before logging in and filing.
To open a user account on this portal, you need the following details:
- Your name
- Email address
- Contact number
- Physical address
- Two security questions for account recovery
Once you log in, tap on the "Start a Nevada Business" option, then click on the "+" sign and choose the type of entity you want to register; in this case, select the limited liability company option.
From the drop-down menu that appears, select whether you're registering a domestic or foreign LLC.
Once you choose your LLC, you'll be redirected to another website outside of SilverFlume, where you'll access different filing documents depending on what you need.
Select the articles of organization form and proceed with filing out your details.
While online filings for Nevada LLCs can be approved on the same day, you don't need to pay additional fees .
2. Mail Filings
Mail filing is an excellent option for business owners who want to deliver physical forms of their articles of incorporation.
The SOS takes 5-6 weeks to approve mail filing and publish the company on public records.
You can access these forms online on the business portal, download them, fill them out, and print them in black ink.
Ensure you include the filing fee and the correct address on the envelope before mailing.
If you're paying additional fees for expedited processing, ensure you inform the SOS in your mail.
The SOS accepts payments in the form of checks or money orders.
You can submit your mail registrations to the following:
COMMERCIAL RECORDINGS DIVISION
202 North Carson Street
Carson City, NV 89701
3. In-person Filings
In-person filings are available for LLC owners who want to hand-deliver their registration papers to the SOS office.
In-person filing can take 2-3 business days to be processed, but you can pay extra for expedited same-day processing.
Once you download your registration papers from the "Forms Library" in the "Resource" section, fill out all the details of your LLC and sign where necessary.
You can drop off the forms at any of the SOS offices in Nevada during regular business hours between 8 am and 5 pm.
Note that if you submit your registration papers later than 4:30, expedited shipping will not be guaranteed, and your documents will be processed on the following business day.
4. Email Filings
Email filing is another effective online submission if you don't want to file directly on the business portal.
Email filing can be approved on the same day or take up to 1 business day to be approved.
Once you have the completed articles of organization form and have paid the state fees, please send it to the official email below.
Email: [email protected]
5. Expedited Filings
Expedited processing is another LLC formation option offered by the Nevada SOS.
This filing method allows business owners in Nevada to receive their approved registration paperwork faster than the standard processing time.
Owners of Nevada LLCs can speed up their LLC processing time by paying additional state fees for expedited shipping with the following options:
- $125 for expedited shipping of 24 hours
- $500 for a 2-hour delivery
- $1000 for a 1-hour delivery
You can only request expedited shipping using the Uniform Commercial Code: 775-684-5630 . Learn more about all the costs involved in starting an LLC in Nevada.
Steps To Start an LLC in Nevada
Follow these steps to start an LLC in the state of Nevada.
- Step 1: Look up a Nevada LLC name and select an eligible name for your business. You can reserve your Nevada LLC business name for $25 and hold it for 90 to prevent other competitors from claiming it.
- Step 2: Research and hire a Nevada registered agent service authorized to transact and handle compliance and legal notices in this state during regular business hours.
- Step 3: Fill out and submit your articles of formation and initial list to the Nevada SOS along with the state fees.
- Step 4: Receive an approved certificate of formation from the Nevada SOS.
- Step 5: Draft an operating agreement, a legal document that dictates how your LLC manages internal and external transactions in Nevada.
- Step 6: Apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website. An EIN is necessary to file state and federal taxes, hire employees, and obtain a state business license.
- Step 7: Open a U.S. business bank account for your LLC income.
- Step 8: As per Nevada business law, apply for a state business license.
- Step 9: File your annual list and annual report before the end of your Nevada LLC incorporation anniversary month.
How Fast Can You Incorporate an LLC in Nevada?
You can incorporate an LLC fast in Nevada by filing online, by email, or fax and paying the additional $1000 for a 1-hour delivery.
What Is the Fastest Way to Get an LLC in Nevada?
The fastest way to get an LLC in Nevada is to file your documents online or opt for expedited processing, which can shorten the processing time to as little as one hour.
Should You Hire an LLC Service in Nevada?
Although creating a Nevada LLC has several benefits, it can be challenging if you are new to the process and unfamiliar with Nevada LLC rules and regulations.
This is why, if you desire timely compliance filing and good standing with the Secretary of State, choosing the top Nevada LLC formation services for your entity is a first step down the correct path.
While these six services will not form your LLC faster, they provide comprehensive LLC formation and low-cost registered agent services.
They also offer highly qualified customer service representatives who will guide you through the entire LLC formation procedure.