How Long Does It Take To Form an LLC in Nevada (Full Guide)
If you plan to start an LLC in Nevada, it's crucial to understand how long it takes the Secretary of State to approve LLC registration forms.
As a seasoned Mergers and Acquisitions expert and a Master's Degree holder in tax law, I worked with entrepreneurs and business specialists in the state. We investigated the Nevada Secretary of State's website for potential LLC filing alternatives and processing timelines.
If you want to ensure that your company is compliant and is in good standing with the state, you can hire one of these top Nevada LLC formation services.
- It takes 3 to 6 weeks to form an LLC in Nevada if you filed by mail. Online submissions are processed within the same day.
- The state offers expedited filing options for an additional cost – $125 (24-hour service), $500 (2-hour delivery) and $1,000 (1-hour approval time).
- Nevada Economic Development reports indicate that over 60% of new LLCs established in the state initiate business operations within the first three months following their formation, showcasing a quick transition from registration to operational status.
- You can also file through email, which can be approved within the same day of application or after 1 business day.
What is The Fastest Way to Start an LLC in Nevada?
The fastest way to start an LLC in Nevada is filing by mail using the expedited service. You can choose between a 24-hour turnaround, 2-hour approval time and 1-hour processing at an additional cost .
Please indicate “Expedite” in the form and mention your telephone number and return address.
Note that the accelerated service begins when the state receives your official documents in the office.
Nevada Economic Development reports indicate that over 60% of new LLCs established in the state initiate business operations within the first three months following their formation, showcasing a quick transition from registration to operational status.
LLC Processing Time in Nevada
Here are the different filing methods the Nevada SOS offers and their processing times.
1. Expedited Nevada LLC Processing Time By Mail (2-hour delivery + $500)
Owners of Nevada LLCs can speed up their LLC processing time by paying additional state fees for expedited shipping with the following options:
- $125 for expedited shipping of 24 hours
- $500 for a 2-hour delivery
- $1000 for a 1-hour delivery
I avail of expedited service for clients who opt to file by mail and need to launch their businesses as soon as possible.
2. Non-Expedited Nevada LLC Processing Time By Mail (5-6 weeks)
The Secretary of State takes 5-6 weeks to approve mail filing and publish the company on public records.
Before submission, I always ensure to include the filing fee in the form of check or money order, and the correct address on the envelope before mailing.
You can submit your mail registrations to the following address:
COMMERCIAL RECORDINGS DIVISION
202 North Carson Street
Carson City, NV 89701
3. Nevada LLC Processing Time Online (Same-day processing)
Online LLC filing can be made via SilverFlume, Nevada's business portal, and is processed within the same day of filing without additional costs .
That’s why I prefer to use online filing since it’s more convenient and cost-effective.
To create an account on the website, follow tese steps:
- Tap on the "Start a Nevada Business" option, then click on the "+" sign and choose the type of entity you want to register; in this case, select the limited liability company option.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, select whether you're registering a domestic or foreign LLC.
- Once you choose your LLC, you'll be redirected to another website outside of SilverFlume, where you'll access different filing documents depending on what you need.
- Select the articles of organization form and proceed with filing out your details.
4. Nevada LLC Processing Time In Person (2-3 business days)
In my experience, in-person filing can take 2-3 business days to be processed, but you can pay extra for expedited same-day processing.
You can drop off the forms at any of the SOS offices in Nevada during regular business hours between 8 am and 5 pm.
Note that if you submit your registration papers later than 4:30, expedited shipping will not be guaranteed, and your documents will be processed on the following business day.
5. Nevada LLC Processing Time by Email (1 business day)
Email filing can be approved on the same day or may take up to 1 business day to be processed.
Once you have the completed articles of organization form and have paid the state fees, please send it to the official email below.
Learn more about all the costs involved in starting an LLC in Nevada.
Factors Influencing The Formation Timeline Of Nevada LLCs
Although there is an established timeline and expedited service is available, the state has the right to extend the filing period due to the following:
- Volume of applications and staff shortages: The state may not process your formation papers on time due to the high volume of filings. Paper submissions require manual reviewing to ensure document validity.
- Document issues: Your LLC formation papers will be rejected if they contain incomplete or inaccurate details. The time it takes to amend or correct the data prolongs the formation timeline. That's why it's good practice that I always review and check all paperwork before submission.
- Processing errors: There are instances when website crashes or other technical issues can delay online processing and extend the filing period.
The Nevada Secretary of State's office reports reveal that less than 8% of newly formed LLCs amend their initial filing documents within the first year, indicating that the majority of entrepreneurs in Nevada submit their initial filings accurately and comprehensively.
Where Can I Check the Status of My Nevada LLC Formation During the Processing Period?
You can check the status of your Nevada LLC formation during the processing period through the Business Entity Search Page or by contacting the state's Customer Service Division at 775-684-5708.
Can a Registered Agent Expedite the Process of Forming an LLC in Nevada?
A registered agent cannot expedite the process of forming an LLC in Nevada since the Secretary of State determines processing and approval timelines.
How Long Does It Take to Receive Nevada LLC Business License?
It takes an average of 45 days to receive a Nevada LLC business license. The state requires every person or entity doing business in Nevada to obtain a business license annually.