How Long Does It Take To Form an LLC in Arkansas (The Guide)
Owning an LLC in Arkansas is affordable and allows shareholders and members to participate in management without forfeiting their limited liability status.
While you may want to enjoy these benefits sooner, knowing how long it takes the Arkansas Secretary of State to receive, review and approve your LLC registration documents is essential.
Working with our licensed LLC specialists, we've reviewed the SOS website for all available processing options and turnaround times for each.
- It takes 3-5 business days to form an LLC in Arkansas online and by mail. However, due to the high volume of submissions, the processing time for all filing methods takes longer.
- The Secretary of State doesn’t offer expedited service.
- In-person or drop-off filings take an average of 1 business day to complete.
- I have proven that the best way to have your LLC in Arkansas operational at the quickest possible time is through in-person filing.
What is The Fastest Way to Start an LLC in Arkansas?
The fastest way to start an LLC in Arkansas is to file for the application online or in person since there's no mailing time for these filing methods.
The process may be completed in 3-5 business days for online submissions and 1 working day for drop-off filings.
Presently, the state has a high volume of filing and anticipated new registrations .
LLC Processing Time in Arkansas
Arkansas limited liability company processing time represents how long the SOS takes to approve your application after receipt.
The SOS offers three filing methods: online, mail, and in-person.
Here's a detailed description of each method.
1. Expedited Arkansas LLC Processing Time
The Arkansas Secretary of State doesn't offer expedited processing for LLC registration documents.
2. Non-Expedited Arkansas LLC Processing Time By Mail (3-5 business days)
Mail filings take 3-5 business days. However, due to heavy volume, applications may be processed within 7-10 working days.
The LLC cost in Arkansas for mail filings is $50 to file your Certificate of Formation. This form is available in PDF form online, and you can access and download it via the Secretary of State's website under the Forms/Request/Record Request section.
After downloading the document, you must fill in the correct details and mail it along with the filing fee.
3. Arkansas LLC Processing Time Online (3-5 business days)
Online submissions are processed within 3-5 business days, but because of the volume of applications, the approval time may take up to 7 working days.
If you decide to register your new domestic LLC online, expect to shell out the $45 state fees to cover your certificate of formation.
You can make payments for your online filings using Visa, Discover, MasterCard, or American Express.
If you can't access these payment options, visit the Arkansas portal and sign up for a subscriber account.
With the Information Network of Arkansas (INA) account, you can make monthly billing to cover your online registration process.
4. Arkansas LLC Processing Time In Person (1 business day)
The Arkansas Corporation Division in Little Rock aims to process your paperwork while you wait, so typically, in-person submissions may take a 1 business day turnaround.
However, if you register your LLC when there's a high filing volume, you can expect to wait for 3-7 business days for your submission to be approved.
Factors Influencing The Formation Timeline Of Arkansas LLCs
Here are the different factors that affect the formation timeline of Arkansas LLCs:
- Filing volume: An increased number of LLC applications may extend the processing time due to the volume of documents that need to be reviewed and approved.
- Documentation issues: Inaccurate data or lacking information may cause your application to be delayed, amended, and refiled.
- Weekends and holidays: Since government agencies do not conduct business during the weekends and holidays, all applications filed before this time may take longer to process.
Can a Registered Agent Expedite the Process of Forming an LLC in Arkansas?
A registered agent cannot expedite the process of forming an LLC in Arkansas because the Secretary of State determines the clearance, review, and approval of the application.
Where Can I Check the Status of My Arkansas LLC Formation During the Processing Period?
You can check the status of your Arkansas LLC formation during the processing period by contacting the Secretary of State by phone or via email.