Inc Authority vs ZenBusiness (2024 Comparison & Review)
As a new business owner, it is advisable to employ an LLC formation service to efficiently establish your company.
Finding the right provider would entail research and comparison as to which company is the right fit for your business.
As a business consultant with over a decade of practice, I worked alongside LLC formation service companies and have grown familiar with the system.
Drawing from our firsthand experiences, we will evaluate these services based on crucial factors such as pricing, turnaround time, features, and customer care, and help you gain valuable insights to make an informed choice and pave the way for your business's success.
At a Glance: Inc Authority and ZenBusiness
In a span of 32 years, Inc Authority helped over 250,000 entrepreneurs form their businesses. As a full-service business formation specialist, the company offers comprehensive features designed to maintain and grow a business.
ZenBusiness is an Austin, Texas-based, venture-funded public benefit company established in 2015.
It is a genuine business formation service that has already made a name for itself as a reliable, user-friendly choice with adaptable packages and a positive user experience.
1. Inc Auhtority LLC Highlights
- Complete Incorporation Services
- Articles of Organization Preparation and Filing
- Operating Agreement
- Annual Report
- 24-hour Delivery
2. ZenBusiness LLC Highlights
- Free Basic LLC Formation Plan
- Filing the Articles of Organization
- Annual Compliance
- Registered Agent service
- Annual Reports
3. How Inc Authority and ZenBusiness Stack Together
Both companies offer $0 basic LLC formation packages and additional services designed to meet the specific needs of clients.
With Inc Authority, you have the option to avail of Business Credit and Business Funding. However, the cost of their packages is not transparent.
ZenBusiness takes the top spot in LLC business formation rankings and has been the preferred platform of entrepreneurs.
Side-by-Side LLC Plan Comparisons
Inc Authority and ZenBusiness offer the following LLC formation packages:
1. Basic Plan Comparison: Inc Authority Basic Package vs ZenBusiness Starter
- Inc Authority’s Basic Package ($0 + state fees): This Inc Authority’s free service plan includes a name availability search, preparation and filing of Articles of Organization, EIN registration, digital storage, business funding analysis, and a full year of registered agent service. A client of mine found it helpful that the plan includes state and federal tax planning consultation .
- ZenBusiness’ Starter ($0 + state fees): Includes a comprehensive LLC formation service package that encompasses various valuable features. This includes business name verification, preparation of articles of organization, and filing documents with the Secretary of State. The process takes 2-3 weeks backed by a 100% accuracy guarantee. For your convenience, worry-free compliance is available for the first year as an optional feature, which renews at $199/year .
2. Mid-Level Plan Comparison: Inc Authority Starter Business Bundle vs ZenBusiness Pro
- Inc Authority’s Starter Business Bundle: Includes a one-year registered agent service, custom state-filed articles, bylaws, ownership or stock certificates, annual compliance notifications, a business license report, professional tax consultation, EIN and a web domain with five emails .
Pricing information for all plans is only available by calling the company during regular business hours and speaking to a representative.
- ZenBuisiness’ Pro ($199 + state fees): Besides the existing starter package features, you can also benefit from the fastest "rush" filing speed, completing registrations within 1-5 business days on average. Moreover, you'll get an LLC operating agreement template, and an Employer Identification Number (EIN).
3. Top-Level Plan Comparison: Inc Authority Fast Track vs ZenBusiness Premium
- Inc Authority’s Fast Track/Executive Business Bundle: Includes services from the previous plan plus personalized business advice, expedited state delivery, private banking specialist, and an INC success advisor package .
- ZenBusiness’ Premium ($349 + state fees): Includes everything in the pro plan plus a business website, domain name, business credit, email, and business document templates. If the finances of the company allow, I usually recommend this plan to new business owners because of its comprehensive additional features.
Registered Agent Service
Inc Authority provides a 1-year free registered agent service, regardless of your business formation package. You pay an additional $179 for the succeeding years to continue using the service.
ZenBusiness's registered agent service costs $199 annually and the plan is available only as an add-on.
In this category, we agree that the top registered agent services from Inc Authority are more fairly priced than that of ZenBusiness.
Apart from the features included in their plans, you can avail of the following additional services:
1. Business Financing
Inc Authority provides financing to qualified entrepreneurs in two forms.
Business Credit includes a multi-level credit building system, loan access, and working capital, while Business Funding offers personal loans and credit lines.
With ZenBusiness, you have the option to pick a credit card you personally qualify for, to gain purchasing power and get rewards .
Inc Authority offers a Trademark Registration Program designed to increase the value of your company. They will apply on your behalf and provide status reports and guidance during the process.
In my experience, Inc Authority does not include the cost of their services on the website but you can contact the company to avail of a pricing quote.
ZenBusiness does not offer trademark registration service.
3. DBA Registration
ZenBusiness offers DBA registration only in selected states as long as the company is compliant and in good business standing. You may visit the website to get a quote.
Inc Authority does not offer DBA registration service.
4. Business License Report
I advise clients new to the industry to avail of a business license report to legally operate their company.
ZenBusiness will provide a summary of the necessary licenses and permits based on the line of business and location of your company for $99.
The business license report is included in Inc Authority’s Starter Business Bundle.
5. Business Banking
ZenBusiness will handle your business banking and manage your bookkeeping and taxes for a fee of $5 a month.
No deposit or maintaining balance is necessary and the process is simplified because all your LLC documents are already with the company.
Inc Authority does not offer business banking services.
Inc Authority offers prompt and professional customer support from 6 am – 5 pm (PST) Monday through Friday.
During our Inc Authority trial, we called them at 1 pm, and one of the specific customer service representatives picked up immediately.
The rep was professional and knowledgeable, and they responded to our queries exhaustively.
ZenBusiness offers excellent customer service via email, phone, and live chat, regardless of your selected bundle.
You may immediately speak with a customer support agent and get your questions addressed.
Here are a few online reviews of the Inc Authority and ZenBusiness LLC services.
Do Inc Authority and ZenBusiness Offer Ongoing Legal Services?
No, Inc Authority and ZenBusiness don’t offer ongoing legal services. However, ZenBusiness offers worry-free compliance with their packages, a feature that might help you meet all legal requirements and solve potential issues.
Which Is More Affordable, ZenBusiness or Inc Authority?
Both ZenBusiness and Inc Authority are affordable since they offer a free LLC formation service plan.
ZenBusiness vs. Inc Authority: Our Recommendation
Inc Authority offers all the basic features needed to form an LLC while providing additional services depending on your company’s needs.
A business associate who formed an LLC with Inc Authority realized that the cost of their formation packages may vary from one state to another.
If you want an affordable, genuine, and dependable LLC service, we recommend hiring ZenBusiness.
ZenBusiness offers worry-free services, rapid and accurate company filing, and a quick and simple business setup.
Thanks to their user-friendly website, you can access numerous resources in the ZenBusiness LLC package and other compliance service features that might be useful to keep your business compliant with the state.