Tailor Brands vs ZenBusiness (2024 Detailed Comparison)
Hiring an LLC service with comprehensive formation features and well-packed plans is crucial for any business owner.
As a business consultant with over a decade of practice, I worked with several LLC formation companies and determined which one offers the best features and services.
Together with LLC experts, we spent over two months testing Tailor Brands and ZenBusiness LLC formation services to see what they offer and if they're great value for money.
In this ZenBusiness vs. Tailor Brands review, we compare their similarities and differences in terms of service features, business formation plans, and pricing structures.
At a Glance: Tailor Brands vs ZenBusiness
Tailor Brands is a high-end LLC formation service founded in 2015. According to their official website, they have assisted millions of individuals and businesses with LLC registration and branding.
ZenBusiness is an online LLC formation service platform formed in 2015.
With a strong emphasis on customer assistance, ZenBusiness provides business creation services, top registered agent services, and regulatory compliance solutions for small enterprises at reasonable pricing.
1. Tailor Brands Highlights
- Business formation services
- Social media posts generator
- Graphic design
- LLC operating agreement
- Annual compliance
2. ZenBusiness Highlights
- Free basic LLC formation services
- Online document access
- Accounting consultations
- Annual report filing
- EIN registration
3. How Tailor Brands and ZenBusiness Stack Together
Tailor Brands will provide your business with a website and establish an online presence. They specialize in logo creation and other legal and financial tools, accessible via a single portal.
ZenBusiness is preferred by business owners since it is a well-established company that specializes in LLC formation. The company offers user-friendly navigation, affordable options, and great customer support.
Side-by-Side LLC Plan Comparisons
Here's a detailed comparison of Tailor Brands vs. ZenBusiness LLC services pricing.
1. Basic Plan Comparison: Tailor Brands Lite vs ZenBusiness Starter
- Tailor Brands’ Lite: With this plan, you get the basic LLC formation process and regular turnaround. The cost of each formation package is undisclosed and you need to fill in and submit the online application form to determine the price .
- ZenBusiness’ Starter ($0 + state fees): Includes an all-inclusive LLC formation service package encompassing fundamental features such as document filing, name registration, and dedicated email and phone customer support. The Starter package also provides a standard filing speed, ensuring readiness in about 2 to 3 weeks, backed by a 100% accuracy guarantee. This comprehensive package extends further, since I was offered a 1-month free trial for banking, bank account services, Money Pro Bookkeeping, and a Website Builder. Small businesses can also opt for worry-free compliance during the first year, with the choice to renew at $199/year for continued peace of mind.
2. Mid-Level Plan Comparison: Tailor Brands Essential vs ZenBusiness Pro
- Tailor Brands’ Essential: Besides the formation features, I was able to receive an LLC operating agreement, access to the customer support team, an annual compliance service, business building tools, and 2-day expedited processing.
- ZenBusiness’ Pro ($199 + state fees): Besides the comprehensive virtual business formation service guide, the new features include an option for the fastest "rush" filing speed, ensuring expedited processing within 1-5 business days on average. Additionally, ZenBusiness assists in obtaining an Employer Identification Number and drafting an operating agreement .
3. Top-Level Plan Comparison: Tailor Brands Elite vs ZenBusiness Premium
- Tailor Brands’ Elite: This premium package includes the lower tier features plus business-building tools, social media posts generator, a logo maker, and 8 free logos. The Tailor Brands Elite Plan also has a 1-year domain registration and a business card tool.
- ZenBusiness’ Premium ($349 + state fees): Besides the pro plan features, you also get business credit, business document templates, domain name registration and privacy, and a business email.
Registered Agent Service
All states require LLCs to appoint a registered agent who will be responsible for receiving service of process on behalf of the company.
ZenBusiness offer top registered agent services for $199 per year.
ZenBusiness does not offer a complimentary registered agent service on their top formation plans. We needed to purchase it as an add-on service.
Tailor Brands does not offer a registered agent service.
Apart from the formation plans offered by Tailor Brands, the following are additional services you can avail:
1. Business Insurance
Tailor Brands offers several forms of business insurance to protect your assets, including:
- General liability insurance - $500 to $800 per year
- Professional liability insurance - $600 to $1,100 per year
ZenBusiness does not include business insurance in their LLC formation platform.
2. Taxes and Bookkeeping
Tailor Brands offers tax filing and accounting services for $125 per month, so your company can benefit from experienced accounting professionals.
ZenBusiness includes accounting services to simplify invoicing and tax compliance for your company.
3. DBA Registration
ZenBusiness includes DBA registration as part of their additional services. This would allow you to use a preferred business name other than your official registered LLC title.
Only registered LLCs, in good standing, may avail of the service, but only in selected states. The price would depend on the state your business is operating in.
Tailor Brands does not offer DBA registration.
4. Business License Report
ZenBusiness will inform your company, through a summarized license and permits report, needed to operate your business legally for $99.
Tailor Brands does not feature license report but offers license filing services.
Tailor Brands is renowned for providing trustworthy and exceptional customer service. Their website has a sizable knowledge base website where you may discover solutions to frequent problems and inquiries.
They also offer customer service via email or live chat. We discovered that it was quick and easy to get in touch with customer support via live chat; they responded instantly.
You may contact ZenBusiness's helpful customer service team via email, web chat, or phone support Monday to Saturday.
We didn't have to wait more than a few minutes to speak with someone by phone or online chat, and our email requests were addressed within 24 hours, as their website claims.
ZenBusiness offers different turnarounds based on the package you purchase. Their basic plan has a turnaround of 2-3 weeks, the Pro and Premium plans take 1-5 business days to complete.
However, you can choose to pay extra fees for their expedited and rush filing options which only take 1 to 2 business days for a fee of $79.
The turnaround for Tailor Brands depends on the state you're incorporating your business, but on average, it takes 14 business days to process.
Do ZenBusiness and Tailor Brands Offer Ongoing Legal Services?
ZenBusiness and Tailor Brands don’t offer ongoing legal services, although ZenBusiness offers worry-free compliance within their packages, ensuring your LLC stays out of the legal danger zone.
Which Is More Affordable, Tailor Brands or ZenBusiness?
ZenBusiness is more affordable than Tailor Brands because of its free starter plan.
Tailor Brands vs. ZenBusiness: Our Recommendation
Both ZenBusiness and Tailor Brands offer LLC formation services, but the latter is more expensive and focuses more on brand building and online marketing.
After reviewing the two LLC formation companies, ZenBusiness takes the win.
We availed of the company’s services and determined it’s a great choice if you're searching for an affordable solution with a simple payment experience and dependable customer service.
Many of the elements required for LLC creation are included in its $0 Starter Plan.
And new business owners may benefit from the firm's free accounting consultations, lifetime support, and yearly compliance support.