Swyft Filings vs ZenBusiness (2024 Detailed Comparison)
When it comes to forming an LLC, selecting the right service provider can significantly impact the efficiency and success of your business venture.
As a seasoned business consultant who worked with various LLC formation service companies, I spent the last month assessing and comparing two prominent formation services: Swyft Filings and ZenBusiness.
I'll share my insights on the features, pricing, additional services, and customer service of both companies to help you make an informed decision.
At a Glance: Swyft Filings and ZenBusiness
Swyft Filings is an online LLC service launched in 2015 in Houston, Texas. Ever since then, the company had helped tens of thousands of individuals and businesses.
ZenBusiness is a Public Benefit Corporation founded in 2015 that primarily offers business formation services. The company features a platform, business tools and programs designed to assist entrepreneurs.
1. Swyft Filings LLC Highlights
- Business formation service
- Banking Resolution
- LLC Operating Agreement
- Annual Report
2. ZenBusiness LLC Highlights
- LLC Formation
- Business Website
- Annual Compliance
- Expedited Filing
- Domain Privacy
3. How Swyft Filings and ZenBusiness Stack Together
ZenBusiness and Swyft Filings are both reputable LLC formation services. However, ZenBusiness offers more complete formation plans that cater to specific business needs.
Swyft Filings provides an automated business filing to simplify the formation process and help small entities and individuals launch their companies.
Side-by-Side LLC Plan Comparisons
Swyft FIlings and ZenBusiness provide LLC formation services to assist you through the process and help maintain your business, as well as to remain compliant with state laws.
1. Basic Plan Comparison: Swyft Filings Basic vs ZenBusiness Starter
- Swyft Filings' Basic ($0 + state fees): Includes preparation and filing of the articles of organization, name availability check, and lifetime customer support. When we availed of the service, our application was processed within their standard filing period (10 business days) .
- ZenBusiness' Starter ($0 + state fees): This package guarantees a standard filing speed (2 to 3 weeks) for LLC formation, and a 100% accuracy guarantee. Also, enjoy worry-free compliance for the first year (optional, with a $199/year renewal) .
2. Mid-Level Plan Comparison: Swyft Filings Standard vs ZenBusiness Pro
- Swyft Filings' Standard ($199 + state fees): Includes the basic plan features plus a federal tax ID, operating agreement, banking resolution, and custom organizational minutes. Your application is processed within 5 business days.
- ZenBusiness' Pro ($199/yr + state fees): Besides Starter pack features, the package also encompasses the industry's fastest "rush" filing speed with an average processing time of 1-5 business days, an accessible LLC operating agreement template priced at $99, and the essential Employer Identification Number (EIN) service.
3. Top-Level Plan Comparison: Swyft Filings Premium vs ZenBusiness Premium
- Swyft Filings' Premium ($299 + state fees): Besides the standard plan features, you also get personalized founder's kit, a free trial of ComplianceGuard, customizable legal and business documents, and 1-year domain subscription. One feature that I found efficient is the same-day filing and expedited shipping.
- ZenBusiness' Premium ($349/yr + state fees): Includes all pro plan online LLC formation services plus a domain name registration, business website builder, and document templates.
Registered Agent Service
Both Swyft Filings and ZenBusiness offer a registered agent for $199 per year. The service ensures that you have a representative on hand during business hours to handle service of process on your behalf.
However, the registered agent service is not part of the basic package and can only be availed of as an additional feature.
Apart from the basic features included in the packages, both companies offer additional services necessary to maintain an LLC.
1. DBA Registration
A client of mine registered a DBA name with Swyft Filings for $99 plus state fees. This allowed his company to operate under a more business related name other than its registered title.
ZenBusiness offers DBA registration for existing LLCs in selected states as long as the company is in good standing. You can visit their website to get a price quote since the fees vary depending on the state.
2. Business License Report
Swyft Filings and ZenBusiness both offer a business licensing report to help you determine which documents are required for your specific business for a fee of $99.
ZenBusiness disclosed that the reports will be available within 1 to 3 days after filing.
3. Business Banking
ZenBusiness offers business banking for $5 a month. When we availed of the service, we learned that there was no initial deposit necessary to open an account and it required no maintaining balance. The feature also included tax and bookkeeping services .
Swyft Filings includes a banking resolution in their packages that feature cashflow monitoring, ATM, and mobile banking.
4. Certificate of Good Standing
Both companies offer to draft a Certificate of Good Standing as long as your limited liability company is compliant with all business laws.
ZenBusiness charges $100 while Swyft Filings requires a fee of $45.
Swyft Filing's customer support is available from 9 am to 6 pm CST, Monday to Friday.
We appreciate that their email address and phone number are prominently stated on the website and readily accessible. We tried their live web chat tool and, in a few minutes, got in touch with one of the reps.
ZenBusiness also performed admirably in terms of contact openness, since they have a phone number and a live chat feature available on their website.
Additionally, they responded to all our messages within 24 hours.
You may call ZenBusiness between 8 am and 8 pm CT on weekdays and between 10 am and 7 pm on Sundays.
Here are some of the user testimonials of Swyft Filings and ZenBusiness.
Which Is More Affordable, Swyft Filings or ZenBusiness?
Swyft Filings is slightly more affordable than ZenBusiness since its top-level package is priced at $299 whereas its counterpart is valued at $349.
Which has a Faster Processing Time, Swyft Filings or ZenBusiness?
Swyft Filings has a faster processing time since the turnaround for its basic plan is 10 business days, while ZenBusiness is within 2 to 3 weeks.
Swyft Filings vs ZenBusiness: Our Recommendation
Swyft Filings is a reputable LLC formation service company that offers affordable packages, fast turnaround, and a personal business specialist.
Having tried both companies, we recommend ZenBusiness to any new business owners attempting to form a limited liability company.
ZenBusiness has a well-designed website, excellent assistance and support resources, reliable response times, and some of the most economical basic and complete packages.
They also have a professional staff team you can trust to handle your legal compliance and keep your LLC state compliant.