How To Change A Registered Agent in New Mexico? (Guide)
Changing your registered agent service for your New Mexico Limited Liability Company can involve several tasks, and it is necessary to follow the right steps to successfully appoint a new registered agent.
We understand the importance of having a dependable registered agent, so we are here to help you find the best one for your business needs.
Our team of LLC experts has helped multiple New Mexico businesses change their registered agents efficiently.
With our extensive experience in this field, this article will serve as a comprehensive guide and ensure that changing your registered agent goes as smoothly as possible.
- To change your registered agent in New Mexico, fill out the Statement of Change of Registered Office or Registered Agent form, pay the necessary filing fee, and await confirmation.
- To simplify the process and ensure a seamless transition, consider using a professional registered agent service.
- If you meet the state's requirements, you can be your registered agent in New Mexico.
Who Can Be A New Mexico Registered Agent?
New Mexico registered agent can be an individual or entity that resides in New Mexico or a corporation authorized to do business in the state.
The other requirements that must be met are:
- Having a physical business address in New Mexico where they can receive legal documents and other necessary correspondence on behalf of the business.
- Being available during normal business hours to accept and sign documents.
Some examples of those who can be New Mexico registered agents include lawyers, accountants, registered agent services, or even the business owner if they meet the above requirements.
How To Change Your New Mexico Registered Agent?
To change your registered agent in New Mexico, complete a Statement of Change of Registered Agent form and submit it to the New Mexico Secretary of State.
This can be done by mail or in person, and the filing fee is $25 for corporations and $20 for Limited Liability Companies.
Here are the steps to change your LLC’s registered agent in New Mexico:
- Choose a new registered agent who meets New Mexico's requirements.
- Notify your current registered agent of change.
- File a Statement of Change of Registered Office or Registered Agent form with the New Mexico Secretary of State.
- Pay the filing fee.
- Wait for confirmation to be sent to your new agent and your business's registered office.
However, you must first download the Statement of Acceptance of Appointment by Designated Successor Registered Agent form .
Then, ask your new agent to sign it.
Finally, upload the form for filing.
1. Changing Your Registered Agent Using a Professional Service
If you are looking for a hassle-free way to change the registered agent for your New Mexico LLC, you can use a New Mexico registered agent service.
Using a professional service can save you time and ensure the process is done correctly.
Once you provide your business information and new registered agent name, the service will file the necessary registered agent paperwork and notify your old LLC registered agent. Remember that you will need to pay the service fee for this process.
Using registered agent services can be a convenient and stress-free way to change your registered agent in New Mexico.
Choose a reputable service and provide them with all the necessary information to ensure a smooth transition.
2. Changing Your Registered Agent Online
The most effective method for changing your registered agent is to submit a Change of Registered Agent form to the New Mexico Secretary of State.
You can accomplish this task by visiting the website of the New Mexico Secretary of State's Corporations and Business Services and doing it online .
These are the steps you will need to follow:
- Log in to the New Mexico Secretary of State website.
- Under 'Corporations," select "Registered Agent Change."
- Search for your company
- Select your company.
- Complete and submit the form, a document delivery instruction form, and payment.
The fee for filing the Change of Registered Agent form differs depending on the type of business structure.
Depending on your business structure, you will need to pay one of these filing fees:
- $25 for corporations
- $20 for limited liability companies (LLCs)
- $10 for nonprofits
- How to Start an LLC in New Mexico
- Premium LLC Formation Services in New Mexico
- How Much Does an LLC in New Mexico Cost
What Is The Timeframe For The State To Complete Processing A Change Of Registered Agent In New Mexico?
The timeframe for the state to complete the processing time of a change of registered agent in New Mexico can vary depending on how you file the paperwork. If you file the paperwork yourself, it can take up to 15 days for the state to process and complete the change.
What Form Do You File To Change Your Registered Agent In New Mexico?
The form you file to change your registered agent in New Mexico is a Statement of Change of Registered Office or Registered Agent form with the New Mexico Secretary of State.
Can I Be My Own Registered Agent In New Mexico?
Yes, you can be your own registered agent in New Mexico if you meet the state's requirements. You must be a resident of New Mexico or a business entity authorized to do business in the state, have a New Mexico address, and be present during regular business hours to accept and sign documents.
Do You Want to Change Your New Mexico Registered Agent?
Changing your New Mexico registered agent is a simple process as long as you follow the necessary steps.
Whether you file the paperwork yourself or use a professional New Mexico service, select a registered agent who meets the state's requirements and ensures a smooth transition.
Employing the service of a registered agent will keep the business compliant with the law.
With our comprehensive list of the Best Registered Agent Services in New Mexico, you can find the perfect fit for your business needs.
No matter what state your business is located in, having an accurate and reliable registered agent is essential for proper operation.